March 28, 2024, 05:42:24 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911505 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2100 on: December 15, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
I hoping for a draw between Manu and Chelsea or a Chelsea win.

When is that game??....

Sunday 11am-FSC.

Yuh lie??!!  hhhhhhmmmm....

12 pm TT Time Brownsugar.. on Sportsmax

I will be in T&T for this game, I think we have FSC, would it be on both? I don't want to miss this game.

Big Up!

Sportsmax own the rights...Flow blocks FSC on weekends during EPL games that show on FSC(they will show on Sportsmax instead ie Sat 11am,1:30pm and Sun 12pm)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 16, 2010, 08:37:46 AM »
I hoping for a draw between Manu and Chelsea or a Chelsea win.

When is that game??....

Sunday 11am-FSC.

Yuh lie??!!  hhhhhhmmmm....

12 pm TT Time Brownsugar.. on Sportsmax

I will be in T&T for this game, I think we have FSC, would it be on both? I don't want to miss this game.

Big Up!

Sportsmax own the rights...Flow blocks FSC on weekends during EPL games that show on FSC(they will show on Sportsmax instead ie Sat 11am,1:30pm and Sun 12pm)

Direct TV is the way tuh go if yuh love football...Flow is ballz

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 26, 2010, 09:07:25 AM »
first blood 1 nil
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #2103 on: December 26, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
Rooney's heavy touches and pull stones passes killin the knock!

giggsy11

« Reply #2104 on: December 26, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
Ando look like Dinho wit dat no look! Ando keeps up his strong and excellent play and he will end up being the best mifielder in the EPL. rooney looks like he lackin confidence. Anton ferdinand must be a closeted United fan!  Giggsy is the man!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 26, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
Must admit Berba have a sweet touch. Sunderland players look nervous in possession, like the ball is potential "hurt locker"  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 26, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
job done, on to d next :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 28, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
i havent seen the game but it tickles me no end to see fergie taking some of manu own sour grapes for once :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson criticised referee Lee Mason for failing to rule out Birmingham's late equaliser in their 1-1 draw.

Lee Bowyer levelled after the ball appeared to come off the arm of substitute Nikola Zigic, who Ferguson also felt had fouled Rio Ferdinand.

Ferguson said: "It was handball. There was [also] a foul on the centre-half.

"He [Zigic] went right through the back of him [Ferdinand]. If the ref can't see that, what chance have you got?"

He added: "That's where we expect them [Premier League officials] to get a referee who sees that. If you can't see that, what chance have you got?"

United had taken the lead through Dimitar Berbatov in a tight game of few chances at St Andrews before Bowyer struck to earn his side a point with his goal in the 90th minute.

"I think it is terribly harsh," said Ferguson, whose unbeaten side have won only one of eight away league games this season, having again relinquished two points late on as they did at Fulham and Everton early in the campaign.

"I think we outplayed them in the second half. We deserved to win the game, we were the better team.

"Maybe we should have finished them off. We just lacked a bit more care in our final pass and finishing."

United moved back to the top of the Premier League on goal difference ahead of Manchester City, and have two games in hand on their local rivals.

But they missed an opportunity to move five points clear of Arsenal - who visit Wigan on Wednesday - and nine clear of Chelsea, who host Bolton, from the same number of games played (18).

"At this moment there are five or six teams who are all contesting that area at the top but if you get to New Year and you are in that front position then you have a great chance," added Ferguson.

Birmingham lifted themselves out of the bottom three with a point and manager Alex McLeish had little sympathy with United.

"He [Bowyer] wasn't offside, definitely not," he said. "It does look as if it came off Zigic's arm, but I don't think he plays it deliberately off his arm.

"It would have been harsh if he had been penalized for deliberate handball."

He added: "I feel that we got our reward for perseverance, good concentration, tactical awareness. The players adhered to everything we asked them to do.

"United had a lot of possession but most of it was deep on the pitch which suited us.

"United cut us open at the start of the second half but we fought back well and got our reward.

"We are not at a safe distance away from the bottom of the table at present but these sort of points could be crucial, bonus points really."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 29, 2010, 12:27:39 AM »
i havent seen the game but it tickles me no end to see fergie taking some of manu own sour grapes for once :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If you saw the equaliser you would understand... 3 bad calls in 1 play

I find you real present btw, posting in every EPL thread.. 1 win vs Chelsea and yuh have swagger like if you just won the league...  be ready for the usual fade away in Feb/March... you have no chance to win the league..City have a better shot... your kids not ready yet

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »

I find you real present btw, posting in every EPL thread.. 1 win vs Chelsea and yuh have swagger like if you just won the league...  be ready for the usual fade away in Feb/March... you have no chance to win the league..City have a better shot... your kids not ready yet

for 5 years we have been told we don't show up on the big games, we are just kids, not strong enough, easily bullied, weak etc all the rhetoric, even this season we were weak in the big games even against your side, so forgive me if i revel in the fact we are starting to prove the doubters wrong

also

i hope you realise your glory days as a manu fan will be something you look back upon as you get older and the dynasty fades away to the history books
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:13:03 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »

for 5 years we have been told we don't show up on the big games, we are just kids, not strong enough, easily bullied, weak etc all the rhetoric, even this season we were weak in the big games even against your side, so forgive me if i revel in the fact we are starting to prove the doubters wrong

also

i hope you realise your glory days as a manu fan will be something you look back upon as you get older and the dynasty fades away to the history books

when alyuh win a CL then we go talk
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 29, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »

also

yawn! haven't you lot lost more champs league finals than won?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 29, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

also

4 European Finals...1 lost

compared to your 1 final and 1 loss

please dont compare trophies my boy... that will be a LOL Fest

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »

also

lol nope
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »

also

lol nope

:rotfl: :rotfl:  How de HELL a arsenal man go arkse a question like dat?!  :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: December 29, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »

also

lol nope

:rotfl: :rotfl:  How de HELL a arsenal man go arkse a question like dat?!  :rotfl:

REAL BOLD FACED  ;D ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 29, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »

also

Haha whatever you say bossman...we have been consistent for the last 18 years winning trophies for fun... and it does not look like we will dry up anytime soon

just remember the 5 years of hurt your own team is going through... I warned Arsenal fans not to be too excited after the Chelsea game...I said they will find a away to f**k things up... days later..2-2 with 10 man Wigan..what a joke of a team

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 29, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »

also

Haha whatever you say bossman...we have been consistent for the last 18 years winning trophies for fun... and it does not look like we will dry up anytime soon

just remember the 5 years of hurt your own team is going through... I warned Arsenal fans not to be too excited after the Chelsea game...I said they will find a away to f**k things up... days later..2-2 with 10 man Wigan..what a joke of a team

:devil:

:rotfl:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »

also

Fergie can't live forever

Plus it would be great if we had an extra game rest in our schedule
Whatever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
Next coach go be Morinho anyway  ;)
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 30, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »

also

Fergie can't live forever

Plus it would be great if we had an extra game rest in our schedule
Whatever

u go have plenty rest when barca done with allyuh....  :devil: :devil: :devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 31, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
Sir Alex gorn ballistic as Preston fires his son Darren. Alex made an immediate recall of all ManU players on loan to Preston  :rotfl: Not easy!

By Alex Dimond

Don't cross Sir Alex Ferguson — or anyone he's ever been related to

Aren't people supposed to mellow with age? I mean, other than those who get even more grouchy and constantly grumble about how "back in my day..."?

It would be simple to say Sir Alex Ferguson belongs in the latter category, if he hadn't always been (by all accounts) just seconds away from the next violent outburst.

Nevertheless, the Scot managed to outdo himself this week, showing the world that vindictiveness (is that a word?!) can always plumb new depths. Hearing the news that his son Darren had been sacked from Preston North End after what no-one can deny was a fairly abject campaign to date, the protective father responded by immediately recalling two Manchester United youngsters on loan at the club, and demanding a third return as soon as possible.

As club chairman Maurice Lindsay noted: "That has come as a bit of a shock to us and it's a bit of a blow."

Josh King and Ritchie de Laet were gaining valuable experience at Deepdale, but now (reportedly against their wishes) will have to return to Old Trafford where they will have to be content with life back in the reserves — something that will only hinder their development. But what cost is that if Fergie needs to make a point?

And that point is? Well, don't EVER sack a Ferguson, obviously.

No matter how incompetent they are
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:18:57 AM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 31, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »
Sir Alex gorn ballistic as Preston fires his son Darren. Alex made an immediate recall of all ManU players on loan to Preston  :rotfl: Not easy!

By Alex Dimond

Don't cross Sir Alex Ferguson — or anyone he's ever been related to

Aren't people supposed to mellow with age? I mean, other than those who get even more grouchy and constantly grumble about how "back in my day..."?

It would be simple to say Sir Alex Ferguson belongs in the latter category, if he hadn't always been (by all accounts) just seconds away from the next violent outburst.

Nevertheless, the Scot managed to outdo himself this week, showing the world that vindictiveness (is that a word?!) can always plumb new depths. Hearing the news that his son Darren had been sacked from Preston North End after what no-one can deny was a fairly abject campaign to date, the protective father responded by immediately recalling two Manchester United youngsters on loan at the club, and demanding a third return as soon as possible.

As club chairman Maurice Lindsay noted: "That has come as a bit of a shock to us and it's a bit of a blow."

Josh King and Ritchie de Laet were gaining valuable experience at Deepdale, but now (reportedly against their wishes) will have to return to Old Trafford where they will have to be content with life back in the reserves — something that will only hinder their development. But what cost is that if Fergie needs to make a point?

And that point is? Well, don't EVER sack a Ferguson, obviously.

No matter how incompetent they are

Well it could be argued that with his son there the development of those players could go according to their wishes..and since he no longer there that isnt certain.

Tony Pulis do the same.

However it hard to see this as anything else but vindictive.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 31, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
family first.......

ask zidane.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #2124 on: January 02, 2011, 08:32:51 AM »
I wonder if Berbatov and Rooney can have the type of partnership where both are scoring at the same time? Last year Rooney was on fire and Berbatov was not scoring this year it is reverse. Rooney scores yesterday and start controlling the ball and Berbatov due to his play end up getting subbed.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 02, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
I wonder if Berbatov and Rooney can have the type of partnership where both are scoring at the same time? Last year Rooney was on fire and Berbatov was not scoring this year it is reverse. Rooney scores yesterday and start controlling the ball and Berbatov due to his play end up getting subbed.

It's the laws of the universe......they are not meant to do it. Besides.....is only a big side like Barca or Real Madrid that could have such prolific scoring coming from so many talented players.  manu eh have enough talent to replicate.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 02, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
Red Devils taking back what belongs to them this season  ;D

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 08, 2011, 09:59:56 AM »
Bruce: Paul Ince pointed gun at Sir Alex
January 8, 2011

* Email
    * Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Steve Bruce has revealed that Paul Ince once arrived at the club's training ground with his gun in jest to get Sir Alex Ferguson to put him in the Manchester United team.

Sunderland boss Bruce, speaking ahead of his date with Ince's Notts County in the FA Cup, said that Ince turned up with an air rifle and pointed it around the door at the United boss.

"Paul was nuts when he was a kid," said Bruce. "I don't think Fergie was ever attacked by a rifle before.

"I remember when he brought in his gun. He poked it around the door and it was a big air rifle. Fergie must have shouted at him or something like that to provoke it.

"Incey was larger than life and a good character to have around. He must have had something about him to threaten Fergie with a gun. We saw him do it. He poked the gun through the door and he was only 22 at the time.

"It was just tongue in cheek, though. He just knocked on the door and said something like, 'You'd better stop picking on me' or, 'You had better play me on Saturday'.

"He liked to think he was the Guv'nor. It just showed you how much front and bottle he had to be called the Guv'nor even when he first walked in the door.

"I just thought, 'Who's this cocky little thing from West Ham?' But when you're cocky like him you have to be able to back it up - and by god he was a good player. To have him and Roy Keane in front of me in their prime, with Andrei Kanchelskis and Ryan Giggs on the wings and Mark Hughes and Eric Cantona up front, that was some team I can tell you. It could do everything.

"We respected Incey straight away as a player. He has mellowed and matured since he became a dad. He just carries a pistol now rather than a rifle!

"He'll be going grey around the gills now and he won't like that, but he's a good lad."

Ince talked about his friendship with Bruce at Old Trafford, with the pair striking up a good relationship off the pitch.

"When I went to United I gravitated towards Bruce because he likes a beer - still does by the size of him. We are very good friends. Our houses were about 200 yards apart and we mixed socially. We go on holiday every year to the Algarve. We are very close.

"He looked after me at United and I get pleasure in seeing him do well at Sunderland. He can hopefully go on and become England manager.

"Bruce has the respect of players at Sunderland. The players can relate to him. You've got to have a bond with them. They have to be able to come to you with their problems, even if it's not football-related."

giggsy11

« Reply #2128 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
Saturday 08 January 2011

Telegraph.co.uk

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to mould team around Anderson and Rafael in radical revamp
Sir Alex Ferguson expects Brazilian duo Anderson and Rafael da Silva to become central figures in Manchester United’s future as he prepares to undertake his biggest squad overhaul at Old Trafford for over a decade.

By Mark Ogden 7:00AM GMT 06 Jan 2011 

No fewer than six senior players are expected to leave United at the end of the season, with Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Owen Hargreaves, Tomasz Kuszczak, Michael Owen and Wes Brown all likely to move on, either through retirement or a lack of first-team opportunities.

With doubts also hovering over the Old Trafford futures of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, the United squad which starts the 2011-12 campaign could be the most youthful since Ferguson replaced Paul Ince, Mark Hughes and Andrei Kanchelskis with emerging stars such as Neville, Scholes, David Beckham and Nicky Butt in the summer of 1995.

While Giggs, who will mark the 20th anniversary of his United debut in March, and Scholes are expected to be offered one-year contracts to keep them at the club next season, Ferguson now believes his emerging players, supported by the likes of Nemanja Vidic, Wayne Rooney and Darren Fletcher, are ready to make the breakthrough.

The United manager has admitted that his loyalty to those players who have served him for lengthy periods tests his ruthlessness, but that admission came with the concession that time is a commodity he cannot afford to waste - a reality which leaves Neville, Van der Sar, Owen, Brown and the injury-ravaged Hargreaves exposed.

Ferguson said: “When they [players] grow old, their performance level drops, but we have to maintain a level of success at the top end of the game, at all the time. 
“We can’t afford bad years or breaking-in years. We have had periods like that, but we don’t want it and we need to be successful all the time.

“Sometimes, when a player grows old, you have to recognise it and they have to move on.”

With 21-year-old midfielder Tom Cleverley due to return from his loan at Wigan in the summer and Danny Welbeck, 20, set to be elevated to first-team contention following his impressive campaign on loan at Sunderland, new signings are likely to limited to players no older than their mid-20s. Everton’s Jack Rodwell and Sunderland’s England midfielder Jordan Henderson are thought to be the long term targets.

The emergence this season, however, of Anderson and Rafael has led Ferguson to pinpoint the pair as replacements for Scholes and Neville.

Having warned Anderson at the outset of the campaign that he faced a make-or-break season after failing to realise his potential since his £19 million arrival from Porto in May 2007, Ferguson has been sufficiently impressed by the 22-year-old to have sanctioned a new five-year contract for the midfielder last month.

And with Ferguson identifying Anderson as a replacement for Scholes four years ago, he believes he is now finally at the stage of being able to rise to that challenge.

“Long term, I hope he [Anderson] can prove to be Paul’s successor,” Ferguson said. “It’s a big ask to reach that level and the challenge will test his confidence, but someone will have to step up to the plate one day.”

Neville, meanwhile, has made just four appearances in all competitions this season and his loss of pace was exposed at West Brom last Saturday, with the 35-year-old fortunate not to be sent off and concede a penalty following a badly-time challenge on Graham Dorrans.

Rafael, in contrast, has emerged as first-choice right-back with Ferguson admitting that the 20 year-old has made impressive progress in recent months.

“Injury opens doors and the succession of setbacks suffered by Gary Neville has provided Rafael with more opportunities than he perhaps expected at this stage of his career,” Ferguson said.

“He is one of several players who have moved their careers forward when they have been brought into the team.” Chelsea’s struggle to reduce the age of their squad this season has led to accusations that too many of their younger players lack experience, yet many of United’s have already figured prominently at senior level.

Ferguson has already earmarked Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling as long-term replacements for Vidic and Rio Ferdinand, while he claimed last week that Bebe, the Portuguese winger, is now being moulded into a central striker to provide competition for Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov alongside Welbeck, Javier Hernandez and Federico Macheda.

The acquisition of Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, 26, is likely to be followed by the arrival of a more experienced replacement for Van der Sar, while teenagers Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison can expect to be given opportunities to press their claims in the Carling Cup next season.

Putting the ‘young’ in Old Trafford

Goalkeepers
Out: Edwin van der Sar (40), Tomasz Kuszczak (28)
In: Anders Lindegaard (26)
Targets: Manuel Neuer (24), David de Gea (20)

Defenders
Out: Gary Neville (35), Wes Brown (31)
In: Rafael da Silva (20), Jonny Evans (23), Chris Smalling (21)

Midfielders
Out: Paul Scholes (36), Owen Hargreaves (29)
In: Anderson (22), Darron Gibson (23), Tom Cleverley (21)

Forwards
Out: Michael Owen (31)
In: Danny Welbeck (20), Javier Hernández (22), Bebe (20

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 08, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
Tomasz Kuszczak out? reason?

Anders Lindegaard young fellah, reminds me of when Fergi got Peter