April 29, 2024, 05:34:59 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923293 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2220 on: January 25, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
Chow I hear ya.. but I would have found it soft had we won a penalty like that...I honestly do not think Rafael intentionally bundled Varney over... I think it was a good old fashion shoulder charge ... it's not a girl's game(copyright Andy Gray)

And to answer Gunner Stunner and everyone else's claim that we get calls and benefits... then I'd say yes I agree.. its well earned too.. Champion's luck ... I wouldnt say we are so far ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea in the benefits from Refs though..I actually think everyone over analyze anything United get and when we get robbed no one makes a peep... but when Chelsea or Arsenal get a shit penalty or offside goal.. not a peep

But I am used to it now... Obsession with United and sheer hatred... because we are the best.. it's understandable

ENJOY THE SHOW

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 25, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
it's not a girl's game(copyright Andy Gray)

As you mention that , i see he get fired for some sexist statements, he thought he mic was off lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 25, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »
I find that would have been a soft call... Old fashioned man to man... Rafael is one strong little boy... he barely move when both of them collided...

This ent really have nutten to do with nutten, but as an aside: 

I know yuh love yuh ManU forums; and love to affect the way the English speak, but yuh might want to rethink yuh liberal application of the term "boy" when addressing these grown men.  If you understood the history and context of that usage by men like yuh saint SAF, particularly as it applies to non-whites, yuh might better understand why some find it offensive.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:55 PM »
Chow I hear ya.. but I would have found it soft had we won a penalty like that...I honestly do not think Rafael intentionally bundled Varney over... I think it was a good old fashion shoulder charge ... it's not a girl's game(copyright Andy Gray)

And to answer Gunner Stunner and everyone else's claim that we get calls and benefits... then I'd say yes I agree.. its well earned too.. Champion's luck ... I wouldnt say we are so far ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea in the benefits from Refs though..I actually think everyone over analyze anything United get and when we get robbed no one makes a peep... but when Chelsea or Arsenal get a shit penalty or offside goal.. not a peep

But I am used to it now... Obsession with United and sheer hatred... because we are the best.. it's understandable

ENJOY THE SHOW

Small Mag....a foul does not have to be "intentional" for it to be a foul and whatever you consider to be "soft" has nothing to do with the rules.  (even though, I don't recall you coming out and saying the penalty against liverpool was "soft" though, but I stand corrected if I missed it.)  But anyhow, watch the highlights form the Asian Cup Semi-Final between Japan and South Korea.  You will see that a defender from each team did practically the same dam ting rafael did and both were penalized: 1 penalty per team.  (and these are the men playing, not the girls)   Also.....as far as only being slightly ahead of Chelsea and arsenal in Refs' Benefits?.....allyuh is light years ahead of any and all competition, Chelsea included.   We couldn't reach allyuh if we were sunlight.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:35 PM »

ENJOY THE SHOW

over analyze?? what red drug you smoking? when a player gets mugged in broad flood lights infront of cameras and witnesses and then you turn around and point the fingers elsewhere?

its not just the luck on calls that go your way but luck on calls that literally can draw a direct line to you guys winning a season or not be it by the points gained or momentum

that said no one put the ball in the back of the next but you guys

i can tell you the opposite for arsenal and you will say i am crying over spilled milk, like when Liverpool got a penalty that sent arsenal out of champs league

the difference i can see and its undisputed manu take hold of advantages placed before them, arsenal are yet to show they can do that everytime, this season alone there are three games i would say we failed to do that, and it would be at manu chelski and when spurs were at emirates i think it was a case of arsenal beating themselves or not turning up for the occassion rather than being out played

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 25, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
I find that would have been a soft call... Old fashioned man to man... Rafael is one strong little boy... he barely move when both of them collided...

I know yuh love yuh ManU forums; and love to affect the way the English speak, but yuh might want to rethink yuh liberal application of the term "boy" when addressing these grown men.  If you understood the history and context of that usage by men like yuh saint SAF, particularly as it applies to non-whites, yuh might better understand why some find it offensive.

what lol?

You are real heights yes... "If you understood the history and context of that usage by men like yuh saint SAF"? you implying he is a racist with many mixed and black players on our team? and little boy is racist statement?

my liberal application lol.. boy I never hear such shit in my life on a forum ... I saying my boy Rafael is a tough kid and you come with this shit?  lay off the crack boss

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 25, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »
Its all a big conspiracy involving referees, linesmen, owners, managers, players and heck even the balls to keep Utd on top I tell ya!

Damn those balls.......they does always go in the opposite goal of Utd....damn damn damn!!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 25, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »

what lol?

You are real heights yes... "If you understood the history and context of that usage by men like yuh saint SAF"? you implying he is a racist with many mixed and black players on our team? and little boy is racist statement?

my liberal application lol.. boy I never hear such shit in my life on a forum ... I saying my boy Rafael is a tough kid and you come with this shit?  lay off the crack boss

doh study that, he does refer to he son as little girl.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 25, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
Chow and Stunner... how about we list every call our team get away with or get till the end of the season okay  ::)... and i bet the overall number will be close at seasons end...  opinions opinions opinions

ENJOY THE SHOW

We'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we are Man United, we'll do what we want

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »
Chow and Stunner... how about we list every call our team get away with or get till the end of the season okay  ::)... and i bet the overall number will be close at seasons end...  opinions opinions opinions

ENJOY THE SHOW

We'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we are Man United, we'll do what we want

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you good yes better odds to roll for the future rather than the facts in the past like rooneys DIVES against arsenal, carrolls SAVE vs spurs, the extra extra extra time added on during manu games (that is fact will have to pull up the stats and show you but its has been proven by a few British newspapers)

but sure thing kiddo boy lad yute make a side thread, and we wont debate just simply enter the incident details what game grounds refferee the call etc raw data then end of season sort it out

doubt either team will get any from now on murphys law

i wouldnt say blackppol getting/notgetting the penalty was a game changer but it certainly would have been a bigger mountain to climb, like i said you lot had to come back into the game blackpool failed to defend thier lead in the second half

truely an example of a game of two halves, blackpool won the first game (half) 2-0 and manu the second 3-0

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »

ENJOY THE SHOW

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you good yes better odds to roll for the future rather than the facts in the past like rooneys DIVES against arsenal, carrolls SAVE vs spurs, the extra extra extra time added on during manu games (that is fact will have to pull up the stats and show you but its has been proven by a few British newspapers)

but sure thing kiddo boy lad yute make a side thread, and we wont debate just simply enter the incident details what game grounds refferee the call etc raw data then end of season sort it out

doubt either team will get any from now on murphys law

i wouldnt say blackppol getting/notgetting the penalty was a game changer but it certainly would have been a bigger mountain to climb, like i said you lot had to come back into the game blackpool failed to defend thier lead in the second half

truely an example of a game of two halves, blackpool won the first game (half) 2-0 and manu the second 3-0

Na it was just a suggestion for the obsessed to do... I will surely add my thoughts to it as my part of the deal should one of the obssessers decide to make it

And congrats on your semi win today... I wish it was us to be facing you guys in the final to keep the pain of no silverware going... hopefully either Birmingham or West Ham can do a job.. but I highly doubt it... enjoy that..and once again...ENJOY THE SHOW  ;D ;)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 25, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »
Well yes, all the refs in the EPL we pay off, things nice  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 26, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
what lol?

The slave master had many prized slaves as well... as long as they did their jobs the massa was content.  Having "mixed and black" players on a team doesn't negate the possibility that SAF is racist.  Besides, I never accused him of racism... one can harbor biases and perspectives that are racist without being racist oneself.  anyways, you're an unsophisticated grunt with very little by way of real world experience outside of the privileged little bubble in which you were raised.  I don't expect you to understand the point being made.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:13 AM »
This just in, SAF was just spotted with every BPL referee having lunch and paying them off for the rest of the season, he even threw in a bottle of wine to nice things up. Place all bets on Man.U to win the league, it's a done deal.

Rumour has it, he is even talking to UEFA refs about a similar package deal.

There you have it boys and girls, no need to bring that up anymore when Man.U wins. It's old news now.

giggsy11

« Reply #2234 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »
This just in, SAF was just spotted with every BPL referee having lunch and paying them off for the rest of the season, he even threw in a bottle of wine to nice things up. Place all bets on Man.U to win the league, it's a done deal.

There you have it boys and girls, no need to bring that up anymore when Man.U wins. It's old news now.

You serious man? I am so f*ckin disappointed to read that. That is so damn unfair, at least tell me that none of the balls we play with are also involved!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: January 26, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

You serious man? I am so f*ckin disappointed to read that. That is so damn unfair, at least tell me that none of the balls we play with are also involved!
The forum Man.U hater conspiracy was right all this time. I owe them an apology from the bottom of my (I just gone done playing football sweaty balls). I have not heard anything about the balls being apart of this corruption fergie has going on. I won't be surprised if they are some how involved!!!  If they are I just hope fergie is fair to them and throw in a bottle of wine aswell.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:38:59 AM by triniairman »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 29, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »
Way sah...we get boots to the second page so I had to put us back on top LOL :devil: :devil: :devil:

MAN U 4 EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 29, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
owennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 29, 2011, 01:31:56 PM »
Shocking 1st half... poor formation and players out of position... Gibson was ultra shit today(again) and Obertan was poor until he went to RW

Great desire to get back into it.. and credit to Southampton for being quite tidy and playing well.. good passing team

Owen was tops today for me and Chicharito is the find of the season..I love that kid

Giggsy and Nani helped the cause and our desire looks good

Bring on Villa ... huge game

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 29, 2011, 02:04:47 PM »
Shocking 1st half... poor formation and players out of position... Gibson was ultra shit today(again) and Obertan was poor until he went to RW

Great desire to get back into it.. and credit to Southampton for being quite tidy and playing well.. good passing team

Owen was tops today for me and Chicharito is the find of the season..I love that kid

Giggsy and Nani helped the cause and our desire looks good

Bring on Villa ... huge game
Spot on small Mag!! I can't stand it when Gibson starts, and Evans was showing signs of becoming a good player, but lately he looks like a newbie defender.

giggsy11

« Reply #2240 on: January 29, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
It would be nice if we could keep Owen next season. He has done a good job of adapting and adjusting his game to still be affective. He dropping deeper and makes a nice pass when he has the opportunity. He also can help Hernandez to continue developing as a striker. I feel Gibson only still around cause we lacking bodies in midfield for now. Rooney to midfield next season ( let him buss his arse from box tuh box) or sell his arse! Berba, Wellbeck, Hernandez, Owen. Machada might end up staying in Italy, I feel he need a good full season under his belt to mature physically and mentally. Cleverly and Rooney (if he stays) to replace Gibson, Carrick and Scholes. Still need a creative midfielder and winger. We should have two players per position as well as speed all over the field; we need to start attacking with speed again!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:29:42 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 29, 2011, 02:52:22 PM »
What i can't understand with some of you,Man U winning and alyu does be talking so much crap,i could imagine if they was loosing,every player has a role to play and i think they are playing it well,Fergie is doing his thing and it's working,regardless to who the man buy or let go he makes good decisions,somewhere down the road these players does prove they are worth the money they were bought for,alyu want big name players who only disappointing teams all over the place,they change teams they eh worth anything,if teams can develop players like Fergie and Arsen does they will always be a force to recon with,just give players time and you will see how they blossom.   

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 29, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
What i can't understand with some of you,Man U winning and alyu does be talking so much crap,i could imagine if they was loosing,every player has a role to play and i think they are playing it well,Fergie is doing his thing and it's working,regardless to who the man buy or let go he makes good decisions,somewhere down the road these players does prove they are worth the money they were bought for,alyu want big name players who only disappointing teams all over the place,they change teams they eh worth anything,if teams can develop players like Fergie and Arsen does they will always be a force to recon with,just give players time and you will see how they blossom.   

I hope you speaking about Giggsy11 analysis and not mine... because Gibson made his 50th appearance for United today and has impressed in about 5... he has no football brain, cant pass and his defending is shabby..he seems out of his league

He got 50 chances and enough is enough..he is not Manchester United material..

Obertan on the fence but he is from another league and country and is still a kid.. he has potential but he is wasting it in the opportunities he is getting.... Evans too.. these boys need to stop messing around and grab their chances

We have alot of young kids in the team... Hernandez is a gem, Rafael is a boss this season and Nani and Anderson improved alot... Smalling is coming along well as is Fabio.... Evans, Gibbo, Obertan and Bebe need to pick it up fast or move along

giggsy11

« Reply #2243 on: January 29, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
This is a couple of fans' description/opinion of Gibson in a Guardian article-

"Cannot stand Gibson, I'm a little self doubting because I remember Fletcher struggled for years to fulfil his potential, but still he wasn't this bad surely?"

"As poor as Fletcher was, he always had energy and stamina. Gibson is like having an old wooden cupboard in midfield than can occasionally score a screamer if the wind blows just right and its door swings at the ball."
LOL!

giggsy11

« Reply #2244 on: January 29, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

What the hell you going on about? I don't know who you support but you can have Gibson for your team if you want him. Yeah this United side winning but it has been the poorest side in years, the style of play has dropped off and the overall quality is lacking. We need more creative players in midfield and more depth on the wings. People complain when we rate the side up to much and now you complianing when statements are made regarding shortcomings. Can't win on this forum!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:48:10 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 29, 2011, 08:26:36 PM »
u know i watch owen play sometimes eh, he is a rel opportunist, very deadly striker. If that fellah was not so injury prone, he would be a VERY Dangerous marksman , plenty talent. i does feel sad when he does get injured  :(. hope he stay fit , would not want him to leave yet
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 29, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »

What the hell you going on about? I don't know who you support but you can have Gibson for your team if you want him. Yeah this United side winning but it has been the poorest side in years, the style of play has dropped off and the overall quality is lacking. We need more creative players in midfield and more depth on the wings. People complain when we rate the side up to much and now you complianing when statements are made regarding shortcomings. Can't win on this forum!
      I am not about people,i'm about Football,how we expect players to be sitting on a Bench or even off a team for weeks sometimes months to just appear in a game or given 15 mins and perform like they playing on a regular basis.Which team has a quality supporting player for every position?even Barcelona don't do the things Fergie does do,they are consistent with their starting team all the time,you ever see they take of Messi or don't start him once he is fit? 

giggsy11

« Reply #2247 on: January 30, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »

I am not about people,i'm about Football,how we expect players to be sitting on a Bench or even off a team for weeks sometimes months to just appear in a game or given 15 mins and perform like they playing on a regular basis.Which team has a quality supporting player for every position?even Barcelona don't do the things Fergie does do,they are consistent with their starting team all the time,you ever see they take of Messi or don't start him once he is fit? 

I understand your point of view but that does not apply to Gibson. he has started games as well as come on as a sub. He usually ends up getting subbed due him being inefective. He appears to bring very little to the team except for a big shot out of midfield. He doesn't appear to be able to keep up mentally or physically with the play and at times it looks like we are playing with 10 instead of 11. Actually Fergie rotates his squad a lot and we have had quality subs in the past for each position. This year has been different and it shows when a Giggsy, Nani, Scholes, Park, Rafael doesn't start. The quality of play drops off drastictly.  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 30, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
FA Cup RO16 Draw:

Man United vs Crawley Town....  that real nice for Crawley..non league team going to OT...magic of the FA Cup... wouldnt be underestimating them either... should be a very good game

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 30, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »

I understand your point of view but that does not apply to Gibson. he has started games as well as come on as a sub. He usually ends up getting subbed due him being inefective. He appears to bring very little to the team except for a big shot out of midfield. He doesn't appear to be able to keep up mentally or physically with the play and at times it looks like we are playing with 10 instead of 11. Actually Fergie rotates his squad a lot and we have had quality subs in the past for each position. This year has been different and it shows when a Giggsy, Nani, Scholes, Park, Rafael doesn't start. The quality of play drops off drastictly.  :beermug:
   I hear yu. :beermug:

1]; } ?>