April 29, 2024, 07:27:01 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923646 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2430 on: March 02, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »
Small Mag I guess yuh hands free to type even when yuh suckin rooney balls.
DHW yuh want picture evidence?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 03, 2011, 12:16:08 AM »
Arite boss... Rooney goal was a fluke.. it take a deflection off a City defender head and went up in the air..Rooney's feet magically adjusted and then as the ball dropped he was possessed by something and took off into the air and his foot did some crazy motion , which was not meant by Rooney and the ball cannoned off his shin and luckily,oh so luckily flew into the top corner .

THAT LUCKY BASTARD

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 03, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »
This should clear it up.

Pre-contact

A brilliant shin-shot!

Away it goes

Any questions?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »
^^^ Please don't argue with the fanboys... Rooney intended to hit the ball with his shin, a fine execution of technique.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 03, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »
Small Mag I guess yuh hands free to type even when yuh suckin rooney balls.
DHW yuh want picture evidence?

does it matter?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:08:42 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 03, 2011, 12:30:28 PM »
Like i end up in de wrong forum or what????

De last time i check this is still ah motherc&*t FOOTball forum right?!?!?!?!

Who gives ah flying f*&K wey de ball come off from (he didn't hands it right?), is ah motherc&*t BEST goal man!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #2436 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Goal stands! Lets just get the results.  Play the fitball (copy right BM)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 03, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »

Who gives ah flying f*&K wey de ball come off from (he didn't hands it right?), is ah motherc&*t BEST goal man!!!
Doh worry with them, it's a Man.U player that score it, so it's a shit goal. As far as I see, that was a great attempt to hit the ball with his feet, it hit his shin and still score. I don't see anything wrong with the goal. It's a best goal still.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 03, 2011, 03:00:26 PM »

Doh worry with them, it's a Man.U player that score it, so it's a shit goal. As far as I see, that was a great attempt to hit the ball with his feet, it hit his shin and still score. I don't see anything wrong with the goal. It's a best goal still.

No it is not no best goal, but rather a good imitation of a best goal.
What will you call a bicycle where the player actually connects the way he intended?  Bestest? 
I understand that ppl get carried away because they didn't quite see that it wasn't a clean hit, and that is fine.
But after seeing the truth, that goal cannot be classified in the same category as true "best" goals.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 03, 2011, 03:08:21 PM »
cyat
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 03, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
Michael Carrick signs new three-year deal at Manchester United

What every United fan wants to hear....  ::)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/michael-carrick-deal-manchester-united/print

The Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has signed a new three-year contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2013-14 season.

The 29-year-old England player made his debut for United in August 2006, after signing from Tottenham Hotspur. He has made 218 appearances for United, scoring 17 goals and winning three Premier League titles, one League Cup, one Champions League and the Club World Cup.

The Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, said: "I am delighted Michael has signed a new contract. He has been outstanding since joining us from Tottenham Hotspur in 2006, he is a true professional and it's great he has committed his future to the club."

Carrick said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at this great club. There is fantastic team spirit within the squad and I'm pleased to have committed my future to United. We are in a very good position at the moment and I am confident this team will be successful for many years to come."
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 03, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »

No it is not no best goal, but rather a good imitation of a best goal.
What will you call a bicycle where the player actually connects the way he intended?  Bestest? 
I understand that ppl get carried away because they didn't quite see that it wasn't a clean hit, and that is fine.
But after seeing the truth, that goal cannot be classified in the same category as true "best" goals.

Nah boy, Peong....as a manu hater I applaud yuh tryin to put up dis fight....I tink everybody knew he didn't hit it flush, but yuh cyah take away from it.....it was still a beauty of a goal....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #2442 on: March 03, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/michael-carrick-deal-manchester-united/print

The Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has signed a new three-year contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2013-14 season.

The 29-year-old England player made his debut for United in August 2006, after signing from Tottenham Hotspur. He has made 218 appearances for United, scoring 17 goals and winning three Premier League titles, one League Cup, one Champions League and the Club World Cup.

The Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, said: "I am delighted Michael has signed a new contract. He has been outstanding since joining us from Tottenham Hotspur in 2006, he is a true professional and it's great he has committed his future to the club."

Carrick said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at this great club. There is fantastic team spirit within the squad and I'm pleased to have committed my future to United. We are in a very good position at the moment and I am confident this team will be successful for many years to come."

Oh lord no! Please doh tell me we bringing back the same shitty midfield next year! I have faith the answer is no.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »

Oh lord no! Please doh tell me we bringing back the same shitty midfield next year! I have faith the answer is no.

Sadly, the answer is yes...   >:(
I see Pogba and Tunnicliffe et al getting to train with the first team. Maybe next year is the year for bringing in the youth.
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 03, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Mixed views on this.. alot of people thought Carrick's time is up at Old Trafford... he seems to have no desire and ambition to come back to life when he was rated one of the best passers in Football between 2006-2009... he has gone off the boil for too long and it is baffling why he is rewarded with an extension

We all know what he is capable of on his best day but I cant see him being motivated and on form to ever get back to his best..I hope I am wrong..I'll support him 100% as I've always liked Carrick.. he is just boring and not the Carrick we know for far too long.. hopefully this can send a spark up his ass to get playing again

Fergie not stupid though... He watching the options.. next season is Fletcher Carrick and Anderson as the main 3 with hopefully a new signing in Modric or Sahin.. Scholes will play a bit part role and Cleverley will get his chances too... Hargreaves future looks over unfortunately ...Gibbo will either be sold or loaned out and with Anderson being very injury prone and we cant depend on 36 year old Scholes week in week out we need to be bolstered in CM and Carrick over Gibson any day of the week. And we play 3 in CM in Europe so even more need for him.

And Fergie loves Carrick..he's been in our top 5 appearances for the season for the last 3 in a row

So next season our Midfield should look like this:

Wingers : Nani, Valencia, New Guy(Sanchez, Bale etc) , Giggs, Park , Obertan (maybe)
Bebe loaned out

CM: Fletcher, Carrick, New Guy( Modric, Sahin, Defour) Scholes, Anderson, Cleverley

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »
Carrick was always boring.  Well polished baller with good technique...but nothing special physically and very little individual expression

Players like Carrick highlight the fact that CR did so much for Man U's attack by drawing so many opposing players to him that he created room for average players like Carrick to spread the ball around and look decent.  Look at Carrick in the England set up...booo...nada....

Ever since CR left players like Carrick have been exposed as just about average.  Gifted players who have more than they can teach in a clinic...like Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Berba and Giggs all stepped up with CR left...the others just remained role players

Modric would be a great target for Utd...a polished central defender with good feet like David Luiz (not yet polished but good feet) for e.g. would also be a good long term buy.  Smalling is a good player but he is not Man Utd central defensive calibre. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:46:39 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 03, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
Carrick was always boring.  Well polished baller with good technique...but nothing special physically and very little individual expression

Players like Carrick highlight the fact that CR did so much for Man U's attack by drawing so many opposing players to him that he created room for average players like Carrick to spread the ball around and look decent.  Look at Carrick in the England set up...booo...nada....Ever since CR left players like Carrick have been exposed as just about average.  Gifted players who have more than they can teach in a clinic...like Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Berba and Giggs all stepped up with CR left...the others just remained role players

Modric would be a great target for Utd...a polished central defender with good feet like David Luiz (not yet polished but good feet) for e.g. would also be a good long term buy.  Smalling is a good player but he is not Man Utd central defensive calibre. 
You made allot of sense here. You are right about him having more room to play when CR7 was there. I thought he was a very good passer of the ball, looking back on it now, it was only because he had allot of room.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
I hate ManU ... But goal is goal.. It look good whether intentoal or not,but most importantly, the goal counted...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »
This is how a bicycle is meant to be executed.  Rooney's was not of this standard.
To say Rooney's is "best" is lowering standards.
And yes, I hate Man U.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgIB9BmTXaU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tgIB9BmTXaU</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 03, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
Rooney goal was a bess goal... to say that it was great execution and all ah dat is talking ah pack ah shit, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a boss goal.  Some of the best goals have a element of luck mixed in with technique.  Take Figueroa's goal from midfield for Wigan against Stoke last year... it was fluky in the sense that 9 times out of 10 Kirkland would have been better positioned on his line, but the stars aligned, Figueroa take a chance and he end up scoring a boss goal.  Same with Rooney, he try ah thing and it work out... in splendid fashion, particularly given the rivalry, particularly given the stakes = boss/bess goal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:58:45 AM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 03, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »
It so happen meh pardner just post this on facebook

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzo0In6JblU&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mzo0In6JblU&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=18</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:07 AM »
This is how a bicycle is meant to be executed.  Rooney's was not of this standard.
To say Rooney's is "best" is lowering standards.
And yes, I hate Man U.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgIB9BmTXaU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tgIB9BmTXaU</a>

so u feel Man U like u?
 ;D
some serious stalking u put down there boy  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:57:09 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »
It so happen meh pardner just post this on facebook

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzo0In6JblU&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mzo0In6JblU&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=18</a>

Dem Brazilians doin' dat in futsal and beach soccer on a regular.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 04, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »
Somebody posted this on the smb, couldn't resist putting it on here:-

From Harry Pearson's column

As a friend remarked after Saturday's Rooney-related fiasco at the DW: "You have to admire Manchester United's strength in depth. I mean, they can rest Howard Webb knowing they've got Mark Clattenburg on the bench."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 04, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Fletcher signs new 4 Year Deal

Berba and Scholes next apparently

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 04, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »

Players like Carrick highlight the fact that CR did so much for Man U's attack by drawing so many opposing players to him that he created room for average players like Carrick to spread the ball around and look decent.  Look at Carrick in the England set up...booo...nada....

Ever since CR left players like Carrick have been exposed as just about average.  Gifted players who have more than they can teach in a clinic...like Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Berba and Giggs all stepped up with CR left...the others just remained role players

I disagree about Smalling. He WILL make it. He seems to have the nerves necessary, unlike Evans. All he needs is experience and blooding alongside killers like Vidic and Rio. He cannot ask for a better education right now.

I ALWAYS thought Carrick was average, CR7 or not.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 04, 2011, 09:10:49 AM »
Rooney goal was a bess goal... to say that it was great execution and all ah dat is talking ah pack ah shit, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a boss goal.  Some of the best goals have a element of luck mixed in with technique.  Take Figueroa's goal from midfield for Brum against Stoke last year... it was fluky in the sense that 9 times out of 10 Kirkland would have been better positioned on his line, but the stars aligned, Figueroa take a chance and he end up scoring a boss goal.  Same with Rooney, he try ah thing and it work out... in splendid fashion, particularly given the rivalry, particularly given the stakes = boss/bess goal.

A mis-kicked goal can never get top rating in terms of goal quality.  I don't remember Figueroa's goal but did he do what he intended to do?  That is the most important distinction.
Ppl just got carried away over Rooney's goal because 1. most ppl up to today think it was true strike, and 2. it is Rooney/Man Utd.
The occasion was also a factor but less so than 1 and 2.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »

I disagree about Smalling. He WILL make it. He seems to have the nerves necessary, unlike Evans. All he needs is experience and blooding alongside killers like Vidic and Rio. He cannot ask for a better education right now.

I ALWAYS thought Carrick was average, CR7 or not.

Imagine learning from Ferdinand........wow
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 04, 2011, 10:31:35 AM »
A mis-kicked goal can never get top rating in terms of goal quality.  I don't remember Figueroa's goal but did he do what he intended to do?  That is the most important distinction.

Rooney meant to bicycle the ball, and he meant to score.  He did both.  There was no fluke.  He execution was damn near perfect, as far as the timing (pulling the ball out of the air at its highest point), the power he got off the shot and the placement of the ball when it hit the net...and it takes a certain level of audacity and confidence to pull that off too - it was top class......ok it came off his shin...so what - it still came off with more than enough power and accuracy....  Not to mention it was a derby winner in the dying minutes of the game... Frigging movies are made of moments like that.....I eh know what allyuh iz get out of fighting down a man jed...It was a fantastic goal. 

Figueroa's goal wasn't a fluke as far as what he meant to do either...I think Bakes was saying that 9 times out of ten the goalkeeper wouldn't be caught napping but his awareness and execution were also near perfect. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 04, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
See why ah like dis forum, we could all co-exist, men like Peong could have their opinion on ah best goal and would respect de opinions of others.
He wouldn't try to shove his own opinion down other men throats.

Nuff forumites respect Peong for his opinion (and research) in this matter, and Peong also respects the opinions of others.

Ah rel like dat.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>