April 29, 2024, 05:11:23 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923219 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2460 on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »
Carrick was always boring.  Well polished baller with good technique...but nothing special physically and very little individual expression

Players like Carrick highlight the fact that CR did so much for Man U's attack by drawing so many opposing players to him that he created room for average players like Carrick to spread the ball around and look decent.  Look at Carrick in the England set up...booo...nada....

Ever since CR left players like Carrick have been exposed as just about average.  Gifted players who have more than they can teach in a clinic...like Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Berba and Giggs all stepped up with CR left...the others just remained role players

Modric would be a great target for Utd...a polished central defender with good feet like David Luiz (not yet polished but good feet) for e.g. would also be a good long term buy.  Smalling is a good player but he is not Man Utd central defensive calibre. 

I disagree about Smalling. He WILL make it. He seems to have the nerves necessary, unlike Evans. All he needs is experience and blooding alongside killers like Vidic and Rio. He cannot ask for a better education right now.

I ALWAYS thought Carrick was average, CR7 or not.

Imagine learning from Ferdinand........wow

What you mean, elan, Blind leading the blind?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
See why ah like dis forum, we could all co-exist, men like Peong could have their opinion on ah best goal and would respect de opinions of others.
He wouldn't try to shove his own opinion down other men throats.

Nuff forumites respect Peong for his opinion (and research) in this matter, and Peong also respects the opinions of others.

Ah rel like dat.

Is only ONE asshole does really come on here and want to turn the furum into a pissin' contest, and yuh know he's a phony because he would never talk to people face-to-face de way he does come on here and talk down to people....that have a different opinion than him.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: March 04, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
The fact that it was hit using his shin means that it was an improperly executed bicycle kick.
If you didn't realise it was mis-kicked before, then ok, but once you see it you can't dispute that.

I think most of the ppl who still say it was a great goal are swayed by their first impression of the goal, because it did look fantastic. 

I've never seen so much praise for a mis-hit goal before.
Can anyone show me another mis-kicked goal that was praised nearly as much as Rooney's? 
Any kind of mis-hit goal, doesn't have to be an overhead.

I was surprised that it being a mis-kick got so little mention.  I didn't read it in any of the 4 match reports that I read.  In fact I think the only place I saw it mentioned were in reader comments at the end of articles.
And on Match of the Day they didn't point it out. Normally they are good about spotting and highlighting things like this, so I have to wonder if they intentionally left it out so that they could heap praise on England's golden boy.

Check this comment from goal.com:
hi iam Wayne Rooney's shin guard and iam mad !!! why am i mad ??? .. well cause i scored that goal why is he getting the credit for my goal .. i scored that goal :) .. WATCH and SEE !!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:05:01 PM by Peong »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: March 04, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
I is ah man U hater...but oh gorm man...it was ah great goal..doh matter if it had hit his nose, it was still great, given the context of the game...and it was also a GAME WINNER!!!!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: March 04, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
Peong it's one thing to just miss hit a regular shot and get lucky, but there's alot that goes into a bicycle kick that could render it a good goal regardless of the fact that it wasn't struck perfectly.

I think we're overthinking this. 

I imagine that most players at any level would be very proud of that goal...regardless of what us nobodys on a message board think.

Funny quote from soccer.com lol - If you can't get the experts and football fan base in general to agree with you, try getting feedback from an inanimate object (like a shin guard)....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #2465 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
They should award he goal to Rooney's shin and not Rooney.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: March 04, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
See why ah like dis forum, we could all co-exist, men like Peong could have their opinion on ah best goal and would respect de opinions of others.

Nuff forumites respect Peong for his opinion (and research) in this matter, and Peong also respects the opinions of others.

Ah rel like dat.

Is only ONE asshole does really come on here and want to turn the furum into a pissin' contest, and yuh know he's a phony because he would never talk to people face-to-face de way he does come on here and talk down to people....that have a different opinion than him.

I would love to know who you on about

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: March 04, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
Peong, come nah maaaaaan.......as far as technical execution is concerned, ok, maybe rooney lose points to Hugo Sanchez....and I, too, find the american media was rushin' too fast to label it as the "greatest bicycle kick ever" but oh gorsh, man, yuh cyah argue that it was a great goal man.  As a matter of fact, if my memory serves me correctly, given all the components to the goal (game-winner; fierce rival, etc.,) it's not the first great goal that rooney has scored. My actual favourite bicycle kick is de one RoRo put dong fuh Barca but it ain't because of the final execution, which was lacking in power, but for the reason and the way he set it up.....but even so, it would be kinda hard for me to say his own was better than rooney own.  As kicker say, there are so many components to executing a bicycle kick that you really would probably be hard pressed to find them having a very high rate of technical execution, whether they score or not.  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: March 04, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »

Ah rel like dat.

Arright, sorry, ah had forget about you.  Make it one and a half.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: March 04, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

Ah rel like dat.

my bad  :beermug:

Lol who you on about though?  Peong awa

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: March 04, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »

Ah rel like dat.

Nah, it could never be Peong.  It could ONLY be fakes bakes.

giggsy11

« Reply #2471 on: March 04, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »

Ah rel like dat.

Like yuh had Smalls worried boy! LOL!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: March 04, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »
ahahahaha,  :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: March 04, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
Rooney's B-kick will go down as one of the best. There are some that rank top class as this one by Klaus Fischer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkHdkD_-UY

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: March 04, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
Kicker it was a very good attempt, but better can be done, and is done by other players.
Rooney's goal was praised the same way as if he did connect with it cleanly, and praised a lot more than other bicycled goals.
That only makes sense if you get sucked in by the hype.

Mango Chow it was the British media that hyped it up first.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: March 04, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »

Ah rel like dat.

I thought it was RF
well yes

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 04, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
I honestly thought Bakes lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 04, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »
Bake & Shark together with a lil Mango Chow does go down real good...but apparently not on this message board

;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 04, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
Mango Chow it was the British media that hyped it up first.

Ah doh doubt that they hyped it up first, Peong, and quite frankly, I expect they would have....but it was nauseating on my end, flippin' through channels and seein' them on different programs goin' on about it and knowing that it was probably the only one they had ever see. It was disgusting.

Bake & Shark together with a lil Mango Chow does go down real good...but apparently not on this message board

;D

I doh even mix de two outside de forum.  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 04, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »

Youtube Channel

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 04, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
Looking at at Man United vs. Chelsea from 1994 on FSC.
It's great to see these old sides.
Young Giggs, young Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Sparky, The Guvnor, Scmeichel, Kanchelskis and of course, King Cantona.
Memories...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:47:34 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 04, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
Young Giggs, young Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Sparky, The Guvnor, Scmeichel, Kanchelskis and of course, King Cantona.
Memories...

thank you! i love to see Peter in goal. Great keeper

edit: LOL Chelsea get 4  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:51:27 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 04, 2011, 10:40:27 PM »

It's kinda funny, sad and disturbing, all rolled up into one... to know that I could get under yuh skin so easy without trying. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 05, 2011, 03:45:25 AM »

It's kinda funny, sad and disturbing, all rolled up into one... to know that I could get under yuh skin so easy without trying. 

Well, let's just put all jokes, sadness and disturbances aside for a second and deal with TRUTH.  TRUTH is, that, as I've pointed out before, if this...."forum" were of a more personal setting, like everybody sittin' down in a bar or something, I guarantee you would be far more tactful in your tone, and diplomatic in your debates with people than you does come on here and purport yourself to be....and you would be that without even trying.  Men like you cyah go certain parts of Trinidad and talk at people the way you does do it on the internet, otherwise, people woulda gotten under your skin, and I eh talkin' 'bout "with words" either.  So really and truly, the only thing that is funny and sad but really disturbing for you, is that fake personna of yours.  Every time yuh open yuh mouth on here, yuh contradicting yuh "self".   So don't flatter yourself to assume you gettin' under my skin as much as I am simply seeing through you. Go back and read my post.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:03:59 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 05, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »
Memories...

Doh worry, everyting we get, we does give in return! But I eh go lie, peter schmeichel was a rel boss in trute.....I tink he spoil fergie....now he only want experiened 'keepers in goal.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 05, 2011, 05:38:00 AM »
This is a Man U Appreciation Thread... :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #2486 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03:02 AM »

Well, let's just put all jokes, sadness and disturbances aside for a second and deal with TRUTH.  TRUTH is, that, as I've pointed out before, if this...."forum" were of a more personal setting, like everybody sittin' down in a bar or something, I guarantee you would be far more tactful in your tone, and diplomatic in your debates with people than you does come on here and purport yourself to be....and you would be that without even trying.  Men like you cyah go certain parts of Trinidad and talk at people the way you does do it on the internet, otherwise, people woulda gotten under your skin, and I eh talkin' 'bout "with words" either.  So really and truly, the only thing that is funny and sad but really disturbing for you, is that fake personna of yours.  Every time yuh open yuh mouth on here, yuh contradicting yuh "self".   So don't flatter yourself to assume you gettin' under my skin as much as I am simply seeing through you. Go back and read my post.

:whip: :whip: :whip:

giggsy11

« Reply #2487 on: March 05, 2011, 08:07:46 AM »
Memories...

Doh worry, everyting we get, we does give in return! But I eh go lie, peter schmeichel was a rel boss in trute.....I tink he spoil fergie....now he only want experiened 'keepers in goal.

Yeah but Schmeichel came to United young and relatively unknown. But he had all the tools to grow excel. To bad the mental pressure of having to prepare him self to perform week in an week out led to him to flame out. Fergie should have gone for Van Der Sar right after. Still can't believe that he was saving for Fulham and we had all kinds of shitsnakes letting in goals tru dey legs or catchin balls over the goal line! Well yes!

giggsy11

« Reply #2488 on: March 05, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
This is a Man U Appreciation Thread... :beermug:

As a United fan how can you not love this club; which are some of the same reasons we have has many hators! All good!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: March 05, 2011, 08:16:42 AM »
Memories...

That team in particular was a favourite of mine. I remember Ferguson saying that this was a team of warriors; they could play football, and if the other team wanted to mix it up, they could do that as well. This team also showed Ferguson's skill at transitions. Keane and Giggs were the bridge to the team(s) that came after.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>