April 29, 2024, 07:20:45 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923621 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2550 on: March 06, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
louis12580 (3/6/2011 at 12:31 PM) Report Violation One of the first things, at any level, we are taught is- Win with class, lose with dignity. Sadly that escapes way too many in sport these days. The media in Great Britain is much more different than the one here. Whether print/audio/visual, it's not the same. They are much more acerbic, cynical and mean spirited especially the tabloids. The F.A. should come down and come down hard on this type of behavior. S.A.F. still hasn't served his 2 match touchline ban from last season and now awaits the results of his latest outburst. Just a question to end this. Are S.A.F. and Phil Jackson facebook friends?

from soccernet.com  comments section.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: March 06, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
Where was Gibson? I blame him for this lorse ;D Seriously that was a nasty tackle. Surely we will have to change our set up to accomodate Hernandez. He is a player on fire at the moment.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: March 06, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
Can the reds keep it together for the next 9 games or will they start throwing their toys out their prams?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: March 06, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
Can the reds keep it together for the next 9 games or will they start throwing their toys out their prams?

stay tuned!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #2554 on: March 06, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
Additionally, and ah could be jumping de gun here eh...but if it was ah Manu man make dat c$%thole tackle, well lord have mercy, we wouldna hear de end ah dat and it woulda be ref dis and de ref dat, but oh well, at least he get ah yellow.

Do f*ckin study dem! Dey will always find a reason to justify dey rose coloured commentary. I am sure men on this forum believe Nani deserved that just because he plays for United! I wouldn't talk to the media neither and stop Ferdinand and others from twettin or giving interviews. Batter down the hatches and focus on playing football. Extra laps for everybody tomorrow! I hope Fergie tear dem a new bammsi!

giggsy11

« Reply #2555 on: March 06, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
Where was Gibson? I blame him for this lorse ;D Seriously that was a nasty tackle. Surely we will have to change our set up to accomodate Hernandez. He is a player on fire at the moment.

I blame Gibson and Evans too. If they were better Wes Brown and Carrick would be pickin up splinters in dey arse. Rooney to the bench; time we start ridin Berba again. I think part of the problem has been tryin tuh get Rooney goin at the expense of Berbatov! Berbatov is and has been a better player than Rooney. I am so tired of seeing him miss trap, shift to his right every time he get the ball, pass a ball to the opponent, dribble a ball of his shin, dribble into damn 3 or 4 men. He has just been very careless with the ball. If his arse was in any type of form this race would be over! It just burns me that he had the f*ckin nerve to question the direction of the team, damn a raise and get it and he has been one of the worse offenders this season! Yes he set up goals but his overall play has been atrocious! He has also shown zero leadership when on the field! Sell his arse to Newcastle or back to Everton!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: March 06, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

5 home games.. considering our home form and the importance of the games should we have a nearly fit team we can definitely get 15 points at home

4 away games , West Ham, Newcastle, Arsenal and Blackburn... we will need at least 7-9 points on the road

The massive 9 begins but it is one game at a time... Will go down to the wire

I wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea finish second and Arsenal f**k it up like they usually do... drawing at home to Sunderland and losing at home to Spurs, West Brom and Newcastle? hallmark of champions?

The pressure will tell.. Arsenal will fold and either United (who I think will win it) or Chelsea will knick it

I'd actually put money on that.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: March 06, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: March 06, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Nah alyuh unfair, Nani did not try to hit anyone, he hit the ground. He cried like a lil girl doh.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #2559 on: March 06, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
Nah alyuh unfair, Nani did not try to hit anyone, he hit the ground. He cried like a lil girl doh.
[/b]

Elan you funny yes!  ;D I am sure he was in shock seeing a gappin hole in his shin. I would say he was cryin like a little boy, like somebody took his lunch. I hope he is okay tho.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: March 06, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
Question. these players does where proper shin guard these days? this pretty boy look with some small shin guard that must be covering half yuh shin. NOT me and that, craziness
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: March 06, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
Question. these players does where proper shin guard these days? this pretty boy look with some small shin guard that must be covering half yuh shin. NOT me and that, craziness

It might be the shin-guard that cut him.... as a result of that ridiculous tackle.

I waiting for somebody to say how these man u players get injured easily. My thinking is that, especially in the EPL, yuh more likely to find a skill player get kick down from one of the many journeymen out there.
Long time that didn't happen as much b/c the skill men was also rough. Rooney for instance, is a throwback.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 06, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »
It might be the shin-guard that cut him.... as a result of that ridiculous tackle.

My guess is that Carra caught him just above the shin guard and his cleat slid down Nani's leg slicing it open... so while the injury occurred belove the level of the shin guard, the initial point of contact was higher.  Nani will be fine after being stitched up, but I dunno if he returning this season.  Nani need take lessons from Valencia, bawling like dat fuh ah li'l cut foot.

At the time I said Carra could have been sent off... not sure that Phil Dowd was aware of the extent of the injury at the time and in hindsight he should have been sent off.  But initially I thought the yellow was fortunate but justifiable.

Classy move by Meireles, comforting his countryman.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 07, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »

My guess is that Carra caught him just above the shin guard and his cleat slid down Nani's leg slicing it open... so while the injury occurred belove the level of the shin guard, the initial point of contact was higher.  Nani will be fine after being stitched up, but I dunno if he returning this season.  Nani need take lessons from Valencia, bawling like dat fuh ah li'l cut foot.

At the time I said Carra could have been sent off... not sure that Phil Dowd was aware of the extent of the injury at the time and in hindsight he should have been sent off.  But initially I thought the yellow was fortunate but justifiable.

Nani made sure Dowd seen the injury before he got his card out, if anything else that makes Dowd's decision even worse, if he had a doubt in his mind which card to give, seeing the position and extent of the injury should of only resulted in one card.  What makes it worse is that he was in a great position and seen exactly where Carragher hit him and how he went into the tackle.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: March 07, 2011, 01:21:44 AM »

Nani made sure Dowd seen the injury before he got his card out, if anything else that makes Dowd's decision even worse, if he had a doubt in his mind which card to give, seeing the position and extent of the injury should of only resulted in one card.  What makes it worse is that he was in a great position and seen exactly where Carragher hit him and how he went into the tackle.

So the extent of an injury is directly related to the punishment meted out by the ref  ???

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »

damn didnt see this! what shit, two things to say, that should not be tollerated in football

secondly, isnt nani one of those players who wears shin pads that are slightly bigger than a pallet stick?

saying this to be clear, i am not saying he deserved to be hurt

however you have to take responsibiliy for your own safety first and if that means wearing more substansial and taller shin guards so be it.

yes all may argue how big yuh want tuh guard, next ting we go be wearing cricket pads and all the suedo comical talk that goes on for conversation on here.

fellas style or not, look after yourselves wear pads that cover as much of the shin as possible, i hate to see fellas over 6ft wlaking with what look slike thier son or nephew shin guardsas if by a miracle every tackle they face will connect with a tiny 4 inch area.

sorry to see another footballer injuryed like that on the pitch

firstly the player who did that is at fault

and maybe once bitten nani might step up his personal protection

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 07, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »
nanni is a pretty boy, he eh go change he shin pads.  Still cyah understand how the ref didn't see that tackle for what it was, though....steven gerrard is a nex' one.  One of the nastiest tacklers (and biggest fakers on his day) in the league and he beratin' nanni, tellin' 'im to get up! Ah could only laugh at them men and they hypocrisy....must me a liverpool thing.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 07, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »

5 home games.. considering our home form and the importance of the games should we have a nearly fit team we can definitely get 15 points at home
yuh forget chelsea coming tuh eff yuh up at home

4 away games , West Ham, Newcastle, Arsenal and Blackburn... we will need at least 7-9 points on the road
lol i love it you dont even sonsider loising to Arsenal

yup down to wire, suspensions, injuries, injury time, linesman, reff etc

I wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea finish second and Arsenal f**k it up like they usually do... drawing at home to Sunderland and losing at home to Spurs, West Brom and Newcastle? hallmark of champions?
west brom and newcastle were f**k ups, but the sunderland we all know why, our chances weren't taken and a few were taken away from us, the spurs well shit happens right i mean didnt wolves beat you lot? lol

The pressure will tell.. Arsenal will fold and either United (who I think will win it) or Chelsea will knick it
Chelsea have too much work to do and for them to win it you lot have to had it to arsenal and chelsea

put yuh allowance away kiddo, save yuh money for some sweeties tuh make yuh feel better in summer

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 07, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »

So the extent of an injury is directly related to the punishment meted out by the ref  ???

I didn't really say that, a player can get his leg broken in a tackle, but not necessarily a foul.

If Dowd was in any doubt where Carragher caught Nani (and I can't see how he could be given how close he was and no players in his line of sight) then the position of the injury should of removed any doubt how high that tackle was.  If the ball was about 2.5 times bigger Carragher may of just caught the top of it.  The top and bottom of it is Carragher did him, its really that simple.  It was also Nani's standing leg, just luck that it wasn't broken, I am not a lover of manu by any stretch but it beggars belief he stayed on the pitch.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:36:07 AM by kev »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 07, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »

yuh forget chelsea coming tuh eff yuh up at home

lol i love it you dont even sonsider loising to Arsenal

Don't be so hasty fella, 7-9 points in four games?  Obviously he's considering at least 1 loss somewhere in there lol

yup down to wire, suspensions, injuries, injury time, linesman, reff etc

west brom and newcastle were f**k ups, but the sunderland we all know why, our chances weren't taken and a few were taken away from us, the spurs well shit happens right i mean didnt wolves beat you lot? lol

Doh make excuses fella lol

Chelsea have too much work to do and for them to win it you lot have to had it to arsenal and chelsea

put yuh allowance away kiddo, save yuh money for some sweeties tuh make yuh feel better in summer

lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 07, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
Nani made sure Dowd seen the injury before he got his card out, if anything else that makes Dowd's decision even worse, if he had a doubt in his mind which card to give, seeing the position and extent of the injury should of only resulted in one card.  What makes it worse is that he was in a great position and seen exactly where Carragher hit him and how he went into the tackle.

Dude... take a look at the vid again, Dowd hadn't the slightest interest in what Nani was showing him.  Evra was already halfway up his ass with his complaints... Van Der Sar was anxious to get in on the action, and Gerrard was there to make sure Liverpool was represented among the lobbyists.  Gerrard got between the two and pushed Nani away and Nani keeled over like he was shot in the ankles.  Dowd backed away and was surveying the performance from a distance.... don't go on as though he stood there and examined the wound then callously patted Carra on the back.

I didn't really say that, a player can get his leg broken in a tackle, but not necessarily a foul.

If Dowd was in any doubt where Carragher caught Nani (and I can't see how he could be given how close he was and no players in his line of sight) then the position of the injury should of removed any doubt how high that tackle was.  If the ball was about 2.5 times bigger Carragher may of just caught the top of it.  The top and bottom of it is Carragher did him, its really that simple.  It was also Nani's standing leg, just luck that it wasn't broken, I am not a lover of manu by any stretch but it beggars belief he stayed on the pitch.

This is just further proof that people can look at the same incident and come away with radically different perceptions.  I don't think anyone, let alone Dowd, was mistaken as to where Carragher hit Nani... in fact for those critical of Nani and his shin guards, again, the tackle was above even where the average shin guard would be.  What made Carragher's tackle seem less serious than it turned out to be was the fact that there wasn't a whole lot of force to it, relative to the break foot tackles we see at times.  What made the injury as bad as it is (in my eyes) isn't the force applied, but apparently the fact that as the boot slid down Nani's shin the cleat dug into the flesh and gashed it open.  Most men would come out of that 9 times out of 10 with a bruise, rather than a broken leg.  Nani was just unfortunate to get cut.  All this to say not that Carra shouldn't have been sent off, but rather that Dowd's interpretation was understandable to me... but we can debate that all day.

I won't sit here and say I'm a huge fan, I'm largely indifferent to Nani, but I root for him more than I root for any other player on that team because I think Fergie and some fans are too critical of him... so this has nothing to do with whether I like ManU or not, as a fan you never want to see players get hurt, let alone hurt to the point that they are out for extensive periods.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 07, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »
Nani made sure Dowd seen the injury before he got his card out, if anything else that makes Dowd's decision even worse, if he had a doubt in his mind which card to give, seeing the position and extent of the injury should of only resulted in one card.  What makes it worse is that he was in a great position and seen exactly where Carragher hit him and how he went into the tackle.

Dude... take a look at the vid again, Dowd hadn't the slightest interest in what Nani was showing him.  Evra was already halfway up his ass with his complaints... Van Der Sar was anxious to get in on the action, and Gerrard was there to make sure Liverpool was represented among the lobbyists.  Gerrard got between the two and pushed Nani away and Nani keeled over like he was shot in the ankles.  Dowd backed away and was surveying the performance from a distance.... don't go on as though he stood there and examined the wound then callously patted Carra on the back.

This is just further proof that people can look at the same incident and come away with radically different perceptions.  I don't think anyone, let alone Dowd, was mistaken as to where Carragher hit Nani... in fact for those critical of Nani and his shin guards, again, the tackle was above even where the average shin guard would be.  What made Carragher's tackle seem less serious than it turned out to be was the fact that there wasn't a whole lot of force to it, relative to the break foot tackles we see at times.  What made the injury as bad as it is (in my eyes) isn't the force applied, but apparently the fact that as the boot slid down Nani's shin the cleat dug into the flesh and gashed it open.  Most men would come out of that 9 times out of 10 with a bruise, rather than a broken leg.  Nani was just unfortunate to get cut.  All this to say not that Carra shouldn't have been sent off, but rather that Dowd's interpretation was understandable to me... but we can debate that all day.

I won't sit here and say I'm a huge fan, I'm largely indifferent to Nani, but I root for him more than I root for any other player on that team because I think Fergie and some fans are too critical of him... so this has nothing to do with whether I like ManU or not, as a fan you never want to see players get hurt, let alone hurt to the point that they are out for extensive periods.

Well said Bakes.

What about the ratliation tackle from rafael? Should he had been sent off. The intent and he left the ground with studs ups? What's the thought on that one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »

Well said Bakes.

What about the ratliation tackle from rafael? Should he had been sent off. The intent and he left the ground with studs ups? What's the thought on that one.

There was no doubt in my mind that that should have been an automatic red... the malicious intent was clear.  The only thing save Raphael is the fact that Lucas saw it coming far enough in advance to avoid injury and that Dowd probably wanted to be "fair" in light of the leniency shown to Carragher. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 07, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »

damn didnt see this! what shit, two things to say, that should not be tollerated in football

secondly, isnt nani one of those players who wears shin pads that are slightly bigger than a pallet stick?

saying this to be clear, i am not saying he deserved to be hurt

however you have to take responsibiliy for your own safety first and if that means wearing more substansial and taller shin guards so be it.

yes all may argue how big yuh want tuh guard, next ting we go be wearing cricket pads and all the suedo comical talk that goes on for conversation on here.

fellas style or not, look after yourselves wear pads that cover as much of the shin as possible, i hate to see fellas over 6ft wlaking with what look slike thier son or nephew shin guardsas if by a miracle every tackle they face will connect with a tiny 4 inch area.

sorry to see another footballer injuryed like that on the pitch

firstly the player who did that is at fault

and maybe once bitten nani might step up his personal protection

ENT! NANI does wear dem small shin pad, like Half he shin does be covered, i learn my lesson with dem thing. Only full length guards after and not them weak pallet stick either.

this is proper shin guards.

edit: I cant see how a injury like that could happen unless yuh not wearing proper protection , its a known fact NANI wears small guards and sock tape.
If yuh wear small chin gaurd and only tape holding it up, what yuh think go happen? the man boot must run down yuh shin obviously
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:05:53 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 07, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
could of break the man leg too

FUNNY all over the net people asking where was Nani's shin guard lol, same thing we asking ,

Alyuh see how tiny this f**ker shin guard is. But saying that the tackle was not called for , nasty nasty tackle.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:13:55 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 07, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
ah boy like we ha to get some stats on 'pretty-boy' footballers who does wear tiny shinguards:)

and wid rafael tackle...added to de fact dat he is already ah yellow-card/red-card waiting to happen, don't forget Maxi did just show him some love with some cleats to he thigh area:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 07, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
The shin guard startin high and endin low. I watchin that space that exposed between the boot and the bottom of the shin guard, even a soft lash there is painful!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
bigger guards offer more protection but less "mobility"

however tackels like cara have no place in the game

NONE

hit nani guard spot on and it wil protect but a lil to the left or right and is scars to remember if yuh lucky or worse end of days

it sucks because fast skill full technical players like the thin light guards

defenders n mids prefer tougher stuff

just curious i bet rooney wears some substansial guards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 07, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
just curious i bet rooney wears some substansial guards

Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
Allyuh serious with this shin pads talk?

A proper blade will mash up any soldier regardless of the shin pads...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>