April 29, 2024, 08:00:46 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923764 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2580 on: March 08, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
Allyuh serious with this shin pads talk?

A proper blade will mash up any soldier regardless of the shin pads...

which is why them tackles have to be dealt with everytime and players should protect themselves as much as possible

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 08, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »

Incredible...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »

which is why them tackles have to be dealt with everytime and players should protect themselves as much as possible

In truth, the best long term protection against them kinds of tackles are the refs, the rules and the disciplinary committee.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 08, 2011, 11:54:35 AM »

an allyuh say i complain about the refs too much  :beermug:

In truth, the best long term protection against them kinds of tackles are the refs, the rules and the disciplinary committee.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 08, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Players will always get hurt inspite of the rules, refs and tackles.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 08, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »

That goes without saying.  Players will always handle the ball in the area, too.  But I bet if the punishment for it were something more lenient than a penalty, we would see more men handling the ball.  Likewise, if these kinds of Jet-Li tackles were more severely punished, we would see even less of them than we already do.  The real purpose of rules is not as much to prevent them as it is to minimize them.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 08, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »

That goes without saying.  Players will always handle the ball in the area, too.  But I bet if the punishment for it were something more lenient than a penalty, we would see more men handling the ball.  Likewise, if these kinds of Jet-Li tackles were more severely punished, we would see even less of them than we already do.  The real purpose of rules is not as much to prevent them as it is to minimize them.

I don't think that punishment is the first thing in a player's head when in a defensive position or when the attacking team is threatening to score. Player will make those hard tackles or handle the ball if he thinks it will give his team a chance to stay in the game. Luis Suarez is a perfect example of this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »

I don't think that punishment is the first thing in a player's head when in a defensive position or when the attacking team is threatening to score. Player will make those hard tackles or handle the ball if he thinks it will give his team a chance to stay in the game. Luis Suarez is a perfect example of this.

Punishment is always at some point, in the minds of players Jed.  While players as a whole are always going to break rules, they will inherently structure their play to what the rules confine them to do.  You don't think that if intentional hand ball were only punished with, let's say an indirect free-kick from the penalty spot (alowing teams to put a wall on the goal line)instead of a penalty AND expulsion, that more players wouldn't do what he did?   How often do you see GK's handling a back pass, even an unintentional one?  I guarantee you no as often as 10 years ago. (or however long it was before the rule came into effect.)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 08, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
what is a pretty boy ??...and while yuh at it ...whats an ugly boy ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
what is a pretty boy ??...and while yuh at it ...whats an ugly boy ??

I was about to suggest a mirror, but then I look in one and see myself...  ;D
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »
ok Bitter... lol..( good one)...still waiting on the pretty boy answer
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 09, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »
ok Bitter... lol..( good one)...still waiting on the pretty boy answer

i say its sarcasm, like when you call a fat man "tiny"

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:54 AM »
interesting game tomorrow

fergie will want to win it and have his side fired up
the results can make or break either teams season

manu lose tomorrow and it has no effect on the premire league
or it does affect them and they slip behind further

or they win and it gives them the boost to maintain top spot in prem and arsenal continue thier slip and the finish line

i hope manu pithounds like fletcher and rooney dont stick us with some carragher like tackles and injur more arsneal squad players

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »
interesting game tomorrow

fergie will want to win it and have his side fired up
the results can make or break either teams season

manu lose tomorrow and it has no effect on the premire league
or it does affect them and they slip behind further

or they win and it gives them the boost to maintain top spot in prem and arsenal continue thier slip and the finish line

i hope manu pithounds like fletcher and rooney dont stick us with some carragher like tackles and injur more arsneal squad players

Fergie sounded bullish in his press conf. .. said we will play our best team and Marseille not in his mind till after the Arsenal game.  Obviously wants a reaction after 2 losses

Park, Valencia, Nani, Rio all out.

I going with:

VDS

Rafa
Vidic
Smalling
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Scholes

Rooney
Hernandez
Giggs

B: Lindergaard, O'Shea, Brown, Gibson,, Obertan, Bebe, Berbatov

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 11, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »
will be interesting which arsenal side turns up tomo (i mean the mental part not the actual players)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
Arsenal looked in shambles hmmm. Valencia is a game changer looked great. 1 less trophy for wenger boys
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: March 12, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »
I must admit when I saw our starting XI today I was worried and confused and the Arsenal team out there was the best available for them

Who would have thought that Gibson and O'Shea in deep lying mid positions with Rooney playing attacking mid with the twins on the wings and Chicho up top would beat Arsenal hahaha... what it gave was alot of quick play and intensity as the twins are over excited but they were both tops today and Rooney was fantastic with Hernandez throwing his body around and running his socks off and it was his 2 efforts of desire that allowed us to score twice

GREAT STUFF... Van Der Sar is a f**kign genius btw.. my god.. Man of the match

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Yes Van Der Sar was man of the match, stellar performance.

giggsy11

« Reply #2598 on: March 12, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
Give me a side of youthful and energetic players who give great effort on the field any day. Something positive bount tuh happen. Love those Brazilian twins! Rooney actually appeared to have more energy today than I have seen for the season. I say keep him in midfield and play Berba and Hernandez up front.  Arsene9 has done a poor job of teaching his players how to be defesensively responsible and play team defense. Barca may play great ball but they also play great team defense.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: March 12, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
Whooping like a Black Pastor in an Inner City Church on First of the month, "Gllllooooorrrrrraaaayyyy"! Gloooooooraaaay!"  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #2600 on: March 12, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
RaFabio DaSilva!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: March 12, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »
If I ever meet Paul Scholes I am going to shake his hand then kick his ginger nuts up his f**king ass

Arsenal were shit today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: March 12, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson hails Edwin Van der Sar role in FA Cup win

Manchester United boss heaps praise on veteran goalkeeper as his side beat Arsenal to reach semi-finals

Sir Alex Ferguson admits goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar played a pivotal role in helping his Manchester United side overcome Arsenal to reach the FA Cup semi-finals.

Fábio da Silva put the home side ahead after 28 minutes when he pounced on a loose ball after Manuel Almunia could only parry Javier Hernández’s effort and Wayne Rooney struck early in the second half with a well-executed header to book United’s place at Wembley.

Man-of-the-match Van der Sar produced some vital saves to keep the Londoners at bay throughout the sixth-round tie at Old Trafford, and Ferguson hailed his display after the match.

“Edwin was fantastic,” said Ferguson. “He made a mistake last week [at Liverpool] and dropped a goal but he’s more than repaid us in full today.

“It’s not just his ability as a goalkeeper, it’s his calmness he brings to everyone – that’s a vital ingredient he has.”

Arsène Wenger’s side were unable to find a way past the Dutchman despite dominating possession for long spells, with captain Robin van Persie and substitute Marouane Chamakh both guilty of spurning glorious opportunities for the Gunners.

And Ferguson, who was looking for a response from his side after consecutive league defeats, believes the speed of United’s breaks troubled the Arsenal rearguard and ultimately proved the decisive factor in a closely-contested encounter.

“It was a massive game for both clubs in a fixture that is always going to be intense,” he continued.
“In fairness Arsenal played their part in the game but I thought in the second half in particular we played well. It was always going to be a tough tie so we are very pleased.

“They did have a few good chances and Edwin van der Sar has made some spectacular saves, but we missed a few very good opportunities ourselves so at the end of the day there wasn’t too much in it.
“Arsenal probably had more of the chances if I’m being fair, but we were always a threat, especially after the break.”

Meanwhile, a bad afternoon was made worse for Arsenal boss Wenger when Johan Djourou was ruled out for the rest of the season after dislocating his shoulder late on in Saturday’s clash.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2011/03/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-arsenal-edwin-van-der-sar/
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #2603 on: March 12, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »
If I ever meet Paul Scholes I am going to shake his hand then kick his ginger nuts up his f**king ass

Arsenal were shit today

Nasri is that you?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:52 PM »
Scholes got his 10th yellow card of the season.. automatic 2 match ban (Bolton @ OT and West Ham away)  god his tackling is horrible lol... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt us

but what a f**king cameo today.. his passing was outrageously good.. look at this gem : http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/CLK_FPC/A9xo.gif

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: March 12, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
Inspired team selection by Sir Alex!!
De man have Rooney looking like Xavi in de midfield:)
Ah does cringe everytime Scholes going and make ah tackle....everytime!!!!
But-as ah passer-man mehself-he does make meh go "waaayyyyy' with most ah he passes.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #2606 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:23 PM »
Inspired team selection by Sir Alex!!
De man have Rooney looking like Xavi in de midfield:)
Ah does cringe everytime Scholes going and make ah tackle....everytime!!!!
But-as ah passer-man mehself-he does make meh go "waaayyyyy' with most ah he passes.

Ah find Scholes comin off like he cah handle the fact that his career windin down and he cannot perform as he once did. Fergie has made comments that Scholes still wants to play a lot of the games and is having a hard time, with Fergie's attempts to manage/limit how much and when he plays due to his age. I think whether or not he can accept a limited role will factor in him comin back next season.

giggsy11

« Reply #2607 on: March 13, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
Check out the talent we have comin tru! I hope Morrison get his head right so he can get ot the next level as a person and footballer. That fella is a natural!  Man ah miss watchin youth football in Trinidad!

http://bit.ly/h4Mpf7

The FA Youth Cup sponsored by E.ON
VIDEO: Morrison double sends United through
Sunday, 13 March, 2011

Ravel Morrison helps Red Devils come from two down at Anfield.

Liverpool 2-3 Manchester United
The FA Youth Cup sponsored by E.ON
Sixth Round Proper
12noon, Sunday 13 March 2011
Anfield, Liverpool FC
Click here for results

Ravel Morrison netted a brace as Manchester United produced a stunning comeback to book their place in The FA Youth Cup sponsored by E.ON Semi-Final.

Liverpool had raced into a two-goal lead and must have through they had secured their place in the last four place against Chelsea.

But United showed all their qualities in the second half and a penalty from Larnel Cole and two from Morrison put Paul McGuinness’ side into the last four. The game was marred by controversy both sides ended the game with nine men

Adam Morgan scored both goals either side of half-time to give the home side a strong advantage.

Morgan netted his first on 33 minutes when he fired a powerful shot into the corner of the net. The Liverpool striker grabbed his second of the game on 53 minutes when he met a cross from Brad Smith and slotted the ball home from close-range.

The game completely turned around when United were awarded a penalty on 59 minutes after Ryan Tunnicliffe was brought down inside the area. Stephen Sama was shown a straight red card over the challenge.

Paul Pogba converted the penalty, but he was also shown a yellow card for his delayed, shimmy run-up. Referee David Coote ordered the spot kick to be taken again and Pogba's objections earned him a second booking within seconds of his first, which saw him follow Sama down the tunnel.

When the kick was finally taken Cole made no mistake with the second attempt to put United back into the game.

Cole then turned provider when his low cross picked out Morrison who blasted the ball home and brought United back on level terms on 62 minutes.

Just when it looked as if the game would be heading for extra-time, Morrison made it a comeback to remember when he scored the crucial winner on 86 minutes and it was a stunning strike from the United youngster.

Cole’s corner was header away dropping nicely for Morrison who adjusted his body and fired an unstoppable volley into the bottom corner.

There was still time for Tyler Blackett and Liverpool captain Conor Coady to be shown the red card as both sides ended the game with nine men.

United were left to celebrate a memorable victory at the final whistle and will now look forward to a two-legged Semi-Final against Chelsea.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:59:35 PM by Giggsy11 »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: March 13, 2011, 03:07:12 PM »
That game was as exciting as any game I've seen this season... The passion and the quality on show from the kids of both teams were tops and of course coming back from 2-0 to win 3-2 at Anfield is always a delight.. the Crowd was quite decent too and the chants and having a go at each other sparked the emotions on the field and them yutes getting stuck in..  4 red cards hoss.. Cody from pool tussle with our Left back and his nose get buss open in the resulting tussle and push fest with everyone

Ravel is a boss.. real great technique and 2 well taken goals.. Tunnicliffe was a power house in CM.. combative and always 1st to the ball.. very Keano like.  Cole(7) on the RW was pacey and tricks but good end product too.. Liverpool have some tricky kids too especially Stirling.. he real good. Him and Morrison were the 2 big players without a doubt

2-0 an you f**ked it up! 2-0 and you f**ked it up!  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #2609 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:27 PM »
Hargreaves and Nani back in training. I would love for Hargro to be able to play again and rediscover his form. You should see the big arse shin pads Nani wearing; dey look like xxxl maxi pads!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:03:44 PM by Giggsy11 »

1]; } ?>