April 29, 2024, 08:59:23 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923955 times)

giggsy11

Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3030 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
ah go enjoy meh self on de 28th when Barca pull out de bull pistle :whip: on allyuh ass!

:shameonyou:

Doh worry, he just afraid he will have tuh pay for my ticket to Brazil if United win. Yuh better start saving now Chow! :devil:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
ah go enjoy meh self on de 28th when Barca pull out de bull pistle :whip: on allyuh ass!

Doh worry, he just afraid he will have tuh pay for my ticket to Brazil if United win. Yuh better start saving now Chow! :devil:

i guess when u support a side like chelsea, u must have 3 or 4 back up plans.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3032 on: May 16, 2011, 05:53:26 AM »
Add the development of Valencia also to your list. It seems that he is more creative in his dribbles which has made him less predictable. Ashley Cole was all over the place yesterday trying to mark him. If he could just trust his left foot more and he would be almost unplayable.

I would say Valencia prove himself last year. The difference with his late season cameo is that he is just fresher than everybody else and seems incredibly determined. He moving like a man on a mission.

Valencia is not a hugger of men; so funny watching him celebrate  :)Next week should be sweet with trophy presentation! Chap19ons! David May doesnot hide his United bias boy! 

Agreed. He look real stiff at first but he loosen up by the end.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3033 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:41 AM »
Chelsea's failure was because they lost form, not because of the size of their squad.
This season's winning points total will be the lowest in 10 years.
It's REALLY strange that all the top teams had such poor form in the same season.

United were just the most consistent this year on the back of their home record. Picking up 4 points every two games meant that even though they fell behind Chelsea in the earlies they were able to pick up when Chelsea went through their 11 game slump. 5 away wins is a ridiculously low total though but they pick up two of those wins at the right time after the Wolves, Chelsea, 'Pool series. Worthy Champions

So you don't think lost of form could be due to physically and mentally tired because they have been over worked? Overworked because the manager keeps running out the same players to compete in the epl, cl, fa cup, and carling cup? Just my opinion/2cents.

Alright, so how small was Chelsea's squad then?

when we started losing (i.e vs Sunderland), we were missing Terry, Lampard, Alex and Essien. Drogba was playing with malaria. We had 5 reserve team players on the bench that day, with Kalou and Turnbull being the only 'experience' on the bench.

Chelsea squad was small but they miss a trick. the plan was to play Bruma, McEachrane, Sturridge this year but as soon as things look iffy they puss out. Now they miss out on the title and they still don't know what the players could do. At least they start blooding Luiz. I know allyuh rating the man because he nice to watch but he is not ready yet defensively. I remember Tim Vickery was saying that about him after the Brazil-France game.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #3034 on: May 16, 2011, 06:30:45 AM »
Chelsea's failure was because they lost form, not because of the size of their squad.
This season's winning points total will be the lowest in 10 years.
It's REALLY strange that all the top teams had such poor form in the same season.

United were just the most consistent this year on the back of their home record. Picking up 4 points every two games meant that even though they fell behind Chelsea in the earlies they were able to pick up when Chelsea went through their 11 game slump. 5 away wins is a ridiculously low total though but they pick up two of those wins at the right time after the Wolves, Chelsea, 'Pool series. Worthy Champions

So you don't think lost of form could be due to physically and mentally tired because they have been over worked? Overworked because the manager keeps running out the same players to compete in the epl, cl, fa cup, and carling cup? Just my opinion/2cents.

Alright, so how small was Chelsea's squad then?

when we started losing (i.e vs Sunderland), we were missing Terry, Lampard, Alex and Essien. Drogba was playing with malaria. We had 5 reserve team players on the bench that day, with Kalou and Turnbull being the only 'experience' on the bench.

Chelsea squad was small but they miss a trick. the plan was to play Bruma, McEachrane, Sturridge this year but as soon as things look iffy they puss out. Now they miss out on the title and they still don't know what the players could do. At least they start blooding Luiz. I know allyuh rating the man because he nice to watch but he is not ready yet defensively. I remember Tim Vickery was saying that about him after the Brazil-France game.

I watched an interview with a reported who covered his previous side before he was transferred, and he reported that he felt that the EPL would be a big step up for Luis, and questioned whether he was ready to take that step. I think he still needs to learn how to pick his spots, he is a little to gung ho and thinks he can intercept every ball which sometimes leads to him being out of position or fouling the opposition.  I think Terry is a good footballer to learn from as it pertains to reading plays and picking your spots. 

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 16, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
Balls of steel...

Manchester United fans unveil '19 times' banner at Anfield

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/16/manchester-united-19-times-banner-anfield

• Red Issue fanzine organises stunt before Liverpool v Spurs
• Getaway car was waiting outside the ground

Manchester United fans attempting to ensure maximum enjoyment is wrung out of the club's record-breaking 19th title took their cause to Anfield on Sunday, unveiling a banner inside the ground before the Reds' game against Spurs.

United clinched their landmark 19th title on Saturday, finally eclipsing Liverpool's total of 18, and the club's supporters went to great lengths to ensure those at Anfield were fully aware of that fact.

As Liverpool fans began their customary chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone, United fans, organised by the Red Issue fanzine, unveiled a banner emblazoned with the words "MUFC 19 TIMES" in the Anfield Road End of the ground.

Those responsible had a getaway car waiting outside the ground, plus fellow conspirators in the adjoining stand in order to get photographic evidence.

The banner-baiting between the clubs has a long history, with Liverpool fans' now famous "Come Back When You Have Won 18" banner kicking things off in 1994. United fans responded to that after clinching their 18th title in 2008-09 and have now added another chapter to the ongoing rivalry.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 16, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »
 :devil:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »

i guess when u support a side like chelsea, u must have 3 or 4 back up plans.

I am a FOOTBALL supporter, Hoss, not just Chelsea.  Chelsea just happens to be ONE of the teams I love and manu happens to be THE MAIN team that I dislike and do not support along with liverpool, arsenal, juventus, boca juniors and cristiano ronaldo, so I have way more than 3 or 4 back up plans.  ;D . I from Trinidad so I have no personal or geographic ties to any other team around the world that precludes me from likin' anybody else.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 16, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »

I eh 'fraid shit and I eh have to save a penny!  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #3039 on: May 16, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »

Alright, then make sure the credit card have funds on it because I am going to Brasil on your dime! ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 16, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »

Alright, then make sure the credit card have funds on it because I am going to Brasil on your dime! ;D

Dize arright...aside from yuh sick, demented manu afliction I know yuh is good peeps, so if ah loss dah bet it would still be money well spent.  ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 16, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »

I disagree. Chelsea's squad was actually the smallest in the premiership this season, even after counting all the youth players. Those youth players were being introduced to the first team under very difficult circumstances (Sturridge probably being the exception) and I think the right decision was taken post xmas to loan out most of them. Everyone who went out on loan got decent playing time at a relatively high level, far more than they could expect to get at Chelsea and without the spotlight being on them. Most of the young players who make it at Man U have done the same. McEachran is the only one who wasnt loaned out, mainly because he was a bit younger, was a key member of the (title-winning) reserve team and had a genuine role in the first team. Chelsea now have a very good idea of what all the loanees are capable of next season.

I agree that Luis is not quite ready defensively, but he is easily in the top 10 CBs in the Prem already and will definitely improve.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
Ravel Morrison in trouble again   >:( ...

Manchester United's Ravel Morrison faces assault charge

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/manchester-united-ravel-morrison-charge

Manchester United are reeling from the news that their most highly regarded youth-team player, Ravel Morrison, is facing the possibility of a prison sentence that threatens to wreck his career.

Morrison, tipped to be one of the pre-eminent English footballers of his generation, appeared at Salford magistrates' court on Wednesday charged with assaulting his girlfriend and causing criminal damage. The 18-year-old is already the subject of a 12-month referral order after appearing at Trafford youth court, then aged 17, in January on a separate matter.

The latest incident allegedly took place on 19 April, the day before Morrison helped United beat Chelsea to reach the FA Youth Cup final. Morrison was given conditional bail and the case was adjourned until 25 May, when he will enter a plea.

Morrison has represented England at every level from the Under-16s to Under-19s and has been described at Old Trafford as the most naturally talented footballer to come through the ranks since Paul Scholes. An attacking, two-footed player, he turned professional on his 17th birthday and made his first-team debut as a substitute in the Carling Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers in October.

United are aware of the court case and have declined to comment. Morrison, described on the club's website as a "supremely gifted talent", was in the squad that travelled to Liverpool on Thursday for a reserve match. The club have dismissed rumours that he has been suspended, or is not training, and the teenager is still in contention to play in the youth cup final against Sheffield United. The first leg is at Bramall Lane on 17 May followed by the return fixture at Old Trafford on 23 May.

Morrison's court date is two days later and United face the possibility of losing one of the more prodigiously talented young players on their books.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
I find this real disrespectful....but at the same time shows how serious fans take things.

Source BBC SPORT

Old Trafford banner taken down after Man City triumph

Manchester United banner The banner was a long-running wind-up by United fans

Manchester United fans have removed the banner at Old Trafford that showed the number of years since rivals Manchester City last won a trophy.

Manchester City secured their first trophy since 1976 on Saturday when they defeated Stoke in the FA Cup final.

Some Reds fans wanted the banner to mark the last time City won the league.

Andrew Kilduff of supporters' group Stretford End Flags told the Manchester Evening News: "A new version will be up for the Blackpool game on Sunday."

Manchester City's players celebrated the FA Cup triumph at Wembley at the weekend by walking around the pitch on their lap of honour with a banner of their own that read "00 Years".

The mocking banner at the Stretford End of Old Trafford was a long-running wind-up by the United fans, who have just celebrated their fourth league title in five years.

City manager Roberto Mancini was fully aware of the banner's significance when in January 2010, only a few weeks into the job after taking over from Mark Hughes, the Italian vowed to "take that banner down".

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

giggsy11

« Reply #3044 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »
I wonder if the new version will have Arsenal's name on it? :devil:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: May 17, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 17, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
Imogen Thomas admits she's been "tempted" to reveal married footballer's name

Big Brother beauty Imogen Thomas today admitted that she has been tempted to reveal the name of the married Premier League footballer she had an affair with.

The tearful 28-year-old says she is “hated” by the public and is so upset by the backlash that she has considered outing the star.

Her comments come 24 hours after she was accused of blackmailing the top footballer for £100,000 over their affair.

The allegation came as a High Court judge explained why he had extended the original injunction barring the Premier League star from being named.

Naming the footballer could land the ex-reality star in jail.

In an interview on This Morning, host Phillip Schofield asked Imogen: "Are you tempted just to say his name out loud?"

Imogen replied: "You know I'm so upset by what I've been called, I've been so tempted just to say 'yeah, it is that person' because why should I be taking all this flack and him get away with everything basically.

“His life is as normal... I don't know what he's going through at home, none of us know."

Talking about the reaction she has received from the public, Imogen added: "Well I haven't really been out yet but I'm absolutely hated.

“I've had lots of football fans telling me to die on Twitter. And yes, I can close my Twitter account down but why should I be doing that as well.

“I try not to read the stuff I mean I will not read the newspapers from now on - it's just too upsetting. My mum is in bits over this.”

Following yesterday’s High Court judgement, Imogen stormed: “Yet again, my name and my reputation are being trashed while the man I had a relationship with is able to hide. Where’s the fairness in this? What about my reputation?”

She added: “If this is the way privacy injunctions are supposed to work, then there’s something seriously wrong with the law.”

High Court judge Mr Justice Eady said there was evidence to suggest the model made a number of demands in a showdown with the player at a hotel in April, four months after their fling ended.

The judgement said how the star refused to part with the money, but gave her a signed football shirt and match day tickets instead.

The revelations emerged as the judge revealed the reasons why he had granted the injunction last month.

Glamour model Imogen claimed the relationship lasted six months, but the footballer insists they only met three times.

Justice Eady explained in the judgement that the court had to consider the player’s privacy rights under European law.

He said after hotel meetings this year with Ms Thomas, the footballer started to “smell a rat”.

Various text messages from her led him to believe she was thinking of selling her story.

“She told him she wanted, or ‘needed’, a payment from him of £55,000,” said the judge.

He added that after a couple of other reluctant meetings the player began to suspect he was being

“set up” so photographs could be taken.

On April 12, the judge said, the footballer told her he wanted nothing more to do with her.

Justice Eady said: “By this time, however, she made it clear that she was looking for £110,000.”

He added: “The evidence appeared to strongly suggest that the footballer was being blackmailed, although that is not how he put it himself.”

giggsy11

« Reply #3047 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »
Could you imagine if it was Neville, Scholes or Giggsy!? Long shots being Michael Owen or Berbatov! ;D It could also be Rio but he has a reputation of being a "player" so that would be a surprise or fit with the so call 'clean cut/family man image.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:12:16 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
That whore better wait until after the CL Final to bust Giggsy..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »

HAHA  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: May 17, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
want to see gigs shave he chest like rooney, if they have ah razor tough enough fuh that chest bush :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #3051 on: May 17, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »
want to see gigs shave he chest like rooney, if they have ah razor tough enough fuh that chest bush :rotfl:

Actually Gunner these fellas using wax now, so I doubt Giggsy still have a forest to cut tru.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 17, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »

Actually Gunner these fellas using wax now, so I doubt Giggsy still have a forest to cut tru.

so like in 40 year ol dvirgin will giggsy bawl out "OH IMMOGEN THOMAS!!"

giggsy11

« Reply #3053 on: May 17, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:33:41 PM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #3054 on: May 17, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
Top 50 Great Goalie saves.

http://youtu.be/USAtvsAktl8

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 17, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »

min 2:40 was beast , he had to move across a long way , then he actually caught it and brought it down. Good technique
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 17, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »

min 2:40 was beast , he had to move across a long way , then he actually caught it and brought it down. Good technique

Real Italian keepers in that vid.  Buffon, Peruzzi, Pagliuca, Toldo, Balotta, Cudicini.  In the last 15 years or so they have been blessed.

giggsy11

« Reply #3057 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
Forgot how good Oliver Khan was!

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 18, 2011, 04:09:03 AM »
wait, the last save in the clip, was that the Gordon Banks save off of Pele?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:22:03 AM by jr sams »
well yes

giggsy11

« Reply #3059 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:39 AM »
wait, the last save in the clip, was that the Gordon Banks save off of Pele?

Yes! Sweet eh!

1]; } ?>