April 29, 2024, 06:49:02 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923518 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3120 on: May 28, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »
1 shot on target.  It wasn't even a contest.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:40 AM »
How come these da Silva twins have so many fitness problems? Cramp?!?

Every month.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: May 29, 2011, 07:31:52 AM »
well, the game was a little "Messi"
well yes

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »

Every month.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Chow, yuh dread oui! But serious talk. Dem fellas does get sub off regular for dat. Dey exempt from training or what?
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 30, 2011, 03:46:10 AM »
'Twas MEN versus boys
Live large and prosper!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:48 AM »
'Twas MEN versus boys

Aye doc, what's happening??  Long time no see....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: May 30, 2011, 05:07:24 AM »
'Twas MEN versus boys

Aye doc, what's happening??  Long time no see....
Mih deh yah ;D Maybe I'd bless yuh eyes for the "Heritage wedding". Lol!!
Live large and prosper!

giggsy11

« Reply #3127 on: May 30, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »

Probably diet!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: May 30, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
Just reach home... will post pics of the game  :'(

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: May 30, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »
Just reach home... will post pics of the game  :'(
you went and watch the cut arse live and direct?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3130 on: May 31, 2011, 06:25:04 AM »
It is a thrill to have a great player play his whole career at your club.

Paul Scholes retires and takes Manchester United coaching role

• 36-year-old will join Old Trafford coaching staff next season
• Scholes: A video appreciation of his career

Katy Murrells and agencies
guardian.co.uk,   
Tuesday 31 May 2011 09.21 BST

After a Manchester United first-team career spanning 17 years and 676 appearances, Paul Scholes has announced his retirement with immediate effect. There had been speculation about the 36-year-old's future in the past few weeks after he became increasingly dissatisfied with his bit-part role, and he will now take up a coaching position at Old Trafford from next season.

The famously shy midfielder said: "I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that playing football is all I have ever wanted to do. To have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honour. To have been part of the team that helped the club reach a record 19th title is a great privilege.

"This was not a decision I have taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing. I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my career, I would also like to thank all the coaches and players that I have worked with over the years.

"But most of all I would like to thank Sir Alex [Ferguson] for being such a great manager. From the day I joined the club his door has always been open and I know this team will go on to win many more trophies under his leadership."

A member of the famed class of '92, who won the FA Youth Cup, Scholes made his debut in 1994, and his last game was Saturday's Champions League final defeat to Barcelona. He won 10 Premier League titles and, after missing the 1999 Champions League final through suspension, was part of the team that beat Chelsea in the Moscow final of 2008.

"What more can I say about Paul Scholes that I haven't said before?" Ferguson said. "We are going to miss a truly unbelievable player. Paul has always been fully committed to this club and I am delighted he will be joining the coaching staff. Paul has always been inspirational to players of all ages and we know that will continue."

Scholes's precise role within the United coaching setup has still to be confirmed, although there could be an opening available with the reserves, where Warren Joyce has been acting alone since the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The former England international will also be granted a testimonial, which will take place in August.

Wayne Rooney said Scholes is the best player he has ever played with. "He will be missed greatly," Rooney said. "He is definitely the best player I have played with. I tried to ask him what he was doing but you don't get much out of him.

"I didn't think it would come this quickly. Everyone will be sad to see him stop. He is a great player."

"It is a very sad day for Manchester United fans around the world," David Gill, the United chief executive, said. "Paul has established himself as one of the greatest players to ever wear the United shirt. It is very important that the club keeps the association with these great players and we are delighted that Paul will join the coaching staff."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 31, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »
Now woke up to this... Not really surprised but I cant believe we wont see any more of Scholes again in a red shirt. Sad thought for all United fans.

The greatest English Midfielder in the past 2 decades and definitely top 5 midfielders past 2 decades too...

After the Barca game 5 Barca players went to him and Iniesta won the right to get his shirt.. 5 players of a CL winning team ran to Scholes

LEGEND

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: May 31, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »
Xavi: “In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.”

Micah Richards : "He's always in the right position, always seems to be at the end of the box when the ball drops in. The complete midfielder - when he's fit, he's the best. Some go missing but he's in the right place at the right time. He's my favourite player of all-time, unbelievable. If you give him a chance it's a goal, isn't it?"

Glenn Hoddle : "There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere else in the world."

Terry Venables : "He’s the best one- or two-touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player."

Alan Shearer : "If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes. He can tackle, and his passing and shooting is of the highest level. He’s the most consistent and naturally gifted player we’ve had for a long, long time."

Eidur Gudjohnsen : "I'm more an admirer of Paul Scholes than I am of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but he has 10 other great players around him every week...Scholes is one of the most complete footballers I've ever seen. His one-touch play is phenomenal. Whenever I have played against him, I never felt I could get close to him."

Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

Edgar Davids : "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."

Tony Adams : "I really rate Paul Scholes, because he hasn't got the high profile of many of the Manchester United players, he doesn't get too much attention, but he is one very good player. He is an intelligent player, he works hard and he scores some great goals. He is not flamboyant and is a quiet lad off the pitch but he is a tremendous asset to Manchester United and to England. He has already got my vote as player of the year."

Cesc Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

Patrick Vieira : "The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy - Scholes."

Thierry Henry : "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

Sam Allardyce : "There is not a better midfield player in the world."

Kevin Keegan : "What United have got that Chelsea haven't is Paul Scholes. I think he is different to anything else in English football."

Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

Ray Wilkins : "I'm saddened because I think we as spectators, not only in this country but right through out Europe and the rest of the World, will be missing one hell of a footballer."

Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who's the best english player : "Paul Scholes."

Peter Schmeichel : "People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is, For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed.If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level. His reading of the game is unsurpassed.He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen."

Peter Schmeichel : "Still the best player in that United midfield."

Laurent Blanc : "Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength... all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!"

Michael Carrick : "Paul Scholes is just fantastic. When you play alongside him, you realise what a special talent he is."

Michael Carrick : "He is a legend and he's going to be remembered for a long time. Just to play alongside him and learn from him has been an absolute pleasure. I think he is a footballer's footballer; he has been at this level for so long. As long as he is part of us we always feel we have a chance. We appreciate the way he goes about his business. I have never met a character like Scholesy; certainly not someone who is that good."

Park Ji Sung when asked by the club’s official home page which United player he would like to see in the red shirt of the Taeguk Warriors : “It has to be Paul Scholes.”

David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer, and to have that respect from some of those players is great."

Brian Kidd : "Paul Scholes had the best football brain I'd ever seen in a kid. Let's face it. Paul Scholes is in a class of its own."

Rio Ferdinand : "I can honestly say Paul is the best player in the England squad. For me he is the complete player."

Rio Ferdinand : "For me, it's Paul Scholes. He'll do ridiculous things in training like say, "You see that tree over there?" - it'll be 40 yards away - "I'm going to hit it". And he'll do it. Everyone at the club considers him the best."

Phil Neville : "Paul, for me, is the best player in the England team. It worries teams. Speak to any other international team and they will single Paul out as England's key player. For me, he doesn't get the full credit that he deserves. He is a world-class player and deserves to be up there with the likes of Zidane and Figo."

Gary Neville : "I wouldn't swap Paul Scholes for anybody. He is quite simply the most complete footballer I have ever played with. He is the best."

Gary Neville : "Paul Scholes is the best player I've ever played with. There's talent in every part of his game."

Steve Bruce : "He's the best player in Britain in my opinion and he has to get himself fit just before we are due to play at Old Trafford. I cannot pay Paul a bigger compliment than to say that he's the most complete footballer in the country. The best bar none."

Roy Keane : "An amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being."

George Best : "To be honest I think England have lost their best player. Certainly he's the most consistent and naturally gifted player we've had for a long, long time."

Sir Bobby Charlton : "I am sorry for England because they don't have any player like him. You can talk about others but there is no one else like him. He is the best technical player England has without any question. He could have had a lot more caps if he had carried on. And if I was the manager he would have ended up with more than I did – easy"

Sir Bobby Charlton : "He’s always so in control and pinpoint accurate with his passing – a beautiful player to watch."

Sir Bobby Charlton : "Paul Scholes is my favourite player. He epitomises the spirit of Manchester United and everything that is good about football."

Sir Alex Ferguson : "Very few players can do that, but Scholes is one of them - and I knew he was one of them. That's why, without question, I think Paul Scholes is the best player in England. He's got the best skills, the best brain. No one can match him."

Sir Alex Ferguson : "He has an awareness of what’s happening around him on the edge of the box which is better than most players. As a kid he always had a knack of arriving in the penalty area just at the right time, but he’s proving just as effective from outside the box because he’s using his experience in the right way. It doesn’t matter who I am thinking about bringing into my midfield, Paul Scholes will be included, as he would in any side in the world."

Sir Alex Ferguson : Sir Alex Ferguson gave evidence in court on behalf of one of his former trainees and listened to the prosecution barrister's list of United's top players.

"You've missed Paul Scholes - and he's my best player," Ferguson chided her.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:48:36 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 31, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie-x0DZwoiE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie-x0DZwoiE</a>

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

What a perfect tribute to the man himself

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 31, 2011, 07:32:52 AM »
What a sad day for United fans... THE best English midfielder I have ever seen, and I've been watching for a while.

Thanks for the memories, Sat Nav.  :beermug: :beermug:

He scores goals galore...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: May 31, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Well done Scholes...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: May 31, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
not to stir shite with manu fans or football purist out there but of manu's ledgend midfielders is scholes the best of them all?

You know vs men like...

Cantona
Keane
Charlton
Robson

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: May 31, 2011, 08:24:25 AM »
not to stir shite with manu fans or football purist out there but of manu's ledgend midfielders is scholes the best of them all?

You know vs men like...

Cantona
Keane
Charlton
Robson

Cantona was a forward.  He was better than Keane...

Can't comment on the other two. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
so thats a yes then?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3139 on: May 31, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »
United's greatest central midfielder, was their and England's best player and record goalscorer Bobby Charlton (another one club legend).

The rest of central midfielders really fall into a group of Robson, Keane, Scholes and Duncan Edwards (never seen but rated by Charlton as the best of all time, better than Sir Bobby himself).

For wide players it would be some mixture of Best, Giggs, Ronaldo (although he could be a forward too), maybe Coppell.

For strikers it would be Law, Cantona, Taylor (who had the best goal return of them all), maybe RVN.

It real hard to pick a best 11 or a best player in most positions because if you judge on raw talent you will pick a player like Ronaldo over Giggs, if you judge on achievement Giggs over Ronaldo, or Keane over Robson.

If you judge on impact then Cantona will get pick because he was a catalyst for success even though other forwards had mucher better goal returns and better performances in Europe.

Then you have to consider potential because they had a number of talented players who we never get to see, were considered to be the best ever but had careers cut short by tragedy.

giggsy11

« Reply #3140 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
United's greatest central midfielder, was their and England's best player and record goalscorer Bobby Charlton (another one club legend).

The rest of central midfielders really fall into a group of Robson, Keane, Scholes and Duncan Edwards (never seen but rated by Charlton as the best of all time, better than Sir Bobby himself).

For wide players it would be some mixture of Best, Giggs, Ronaldo (although he could be a forward too), maybe Coppell.

For strikers it would be Law, Cantona, Taylor (who had the best goal return of them all), maybe RVN.

It real hard to pick a best 11 or a best player in most positions because if you judge on raw talent you will pick a player like Ronaldo over Giggs, if you judge on achievement Giggs over Ronaldo, or Keane over Robson.

If you judge on impact then Cantona will get pick because he was a catalyst for success even though other forwards had mucher better goal returns and better performances in Europe.

Then you have to consider potential because they had a number of talented players who we never get to see, were considered to be the best ever but had careers cut short by tragedy.

I would rate Beckham as one the great wide players. He scored and set men up and.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: May 31, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »
Lionel Messi on Paul Scholes "At La Masia (Barcelona's Academy) his name was mentioned a lot. He's a teacher.”

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: May 31, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

giggsy11

« Reply #3143 on: June 01, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »
Owen resigns for 1 year, Berba says he wants to stay and help the team win the 20th and it starts getting serious July 4th!. Hmmm, does that mean no room for Berba if Wellbeck Kiko return? Maybe a little competition is what Berba needs.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: June 01, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
come on Giggsy ...Kiko,wellbeck and the present owen ...??..beba worried ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3145 on: June 02, 2011, 05:49:40 AM »
Owen resigns for 1 year, Berba says he wants to stay and help the team win the 20th and it starts getting serious July 4th!. Hmmm, does that mean no room for Berba if Wellbeck Kiko return? Maybe a little competition is what Berba needs.

Berbatov is still one of the top 3 strikers at the club hopefully next year he will break the big match jinx. I putting Owen behind Welbeck and all as number 5. The rest Macheda, Mame Diouf and Bebe need to move on. Berbatov has actually done better year on year for United and I think we could see some frantic contract negotiations by December, because come January he could sign a pre-contract agreement to leave for free.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov pledges to stay at Old Trafford

• Striker tells Bulgarian paper he will not seek move
• 'I will keep fighting ... I never gave up in my life'

Associated Press
guardian.co.uk,   
Thursday 2 June 2011 11.38 BST

Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov pictured during the side's victory parade with the Premier League trophy.

Photograph: Craig Brough/Action Images

Dimitar Berbatov has insisted he will stay with Manchester United for another year, rejecting speculation about a possible move away from Old Trafford, according to reports in Bulgaria.

Berbatov was left out of the club's Champions League final squad, raising questions over his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson. However Berbatov told the Bulgarian newspaper 24 Hours that he had no plans to seek a move.

"I am a Manchester United player and I will be glad to fulfil my contract. Everyone has some difficulties but I have always fought and will keep fighting for a prime place. I never gave up in my life."

The former Bulgaria captain, who has one more year on his United contract, denied reports that he had stormed away from Wembley before the Champions League final started on Saturday.

"The truth is that I was in the dressing rooms and watched the game on TV. I was just so very disappointed and ashamed that I was left out of the squad. I cannot hide my emotions and I did not want people to see how sad I was. But this was the manager's decision. The pain from Wembley cannot make me give up but only fight more."

The Bulgarian was upbeat about his future at United and said he would keep targeting the Champions League title in his career. "There is always next year. I will aim for this as long as I play football," he said.

Berbatov was the Premier League's joint-top scorer alongside Manchester City's Carlos Tevez, and said he was focused on winning another title next year. "Winning England's top scorer title is a grand achievement for me as a foreigner.

"Manchester United is the highest step for me. Everything after that will be a step down. This moment will come but for the time being I am a United player and I want to stay and help win the 20th title, which I am certain is on its way."

giggsy11

« Reply #3146 on: June 02, 2011, 06:11:23 AM »
come on Giggsy ...Kiko,wellbeck and the present owen ...??..beba worried ??

Lol! I know what was I thinking?  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #3147 on: June 02, 2011, 06:25:06 AM »

Berbatov is still one of the top 3 strikers at the club hopefully next year he will break the big match jinx. I putting Owen behind Welbeck and all as number 5. The rest Macheda, Mame Diouf and Bebe need to move on. Berbatov has actually done better year on year for United and I think we could see some frantic contract negotiations by December, because come January he could sign a pre-contract agreement to leave for free.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov pledges to stay at Old Trafford

• Striker tells Bulgarian paper he will not seek move
• 'I will keep fighting ... I never gave up in my life'

Associated Press
guardian.co.uk,   
Thursday 2 June 2011 11.38 BST

Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov pictured during the side's victory parade with the Premier League trophy.

Photograph: Craig Brough/Action Images

Dimitar Berbatov has insisted he will stay with Manchester United for another year, rejecting speculation about a possible move away from Old Trafford, according to reports in Bulgaria.

Berbatov was left out of the club's Champions League final squad, raising questions over his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson. However Berbatov told the Bulgarian newspaper 24 Hours that he had no plans to seek a move.

"I am a Manchester United player and I will be glad to fulfil my contract. Everyone has some difficulties but I have always fought and will keep fighting for a prime place. I never gave up in my life."

The former Bulgaria captain, who has one more year on his United contract, denied reports that he had stormed away from Wembley before the Champions League final started on Saturday.

"The truth is that I was in the dressing rooms and watched the game on TV. I was just so very disappointed and ashamed that I was left out of the squad. I cannot hide my emotions and I did not want people to see how sad I was. But this was the manager's decision. The pain from Wembley cannot make me give up but only fight more."

The Bulgarian was upbeat about his future at United and said he would keep targeting the Champions League title in his career. "There is always next year. I will aim for this as long as I play football," he said.

Berbatov was the Premier League's joint-top scorer alongside Manchester City's Carlos Tevez, and said he was focused on winning another title next year. "Winning England's top scorer title is a grand achievement for me as a foreigner.

"Manchester United is the highest step for me. Everything after that will be a step down. This moment will come but for the time being I am a United player and I want to stay and help win the 20th title, which I am certain is on its way."

I agree Berba deserves to stay and be given the opportunity to play as much as any of the other strikers. I think as effective as Hernandez was there are areas in his game he needs to work on to be more effective. He needs to do a better job of holding up the ball, improve his touch and also laying off the ball. Berba needs to improve his mental game, he has good football sense but he is a confidence player. I think his physical skills set are better than any of the United strikers, Rooney included. Berba is also very effective when he has runners around him that he can lay the ball off to, because he likes to create and pass. He is an asset to this team and brings a different demension. I like everything he said about how he intends to approach this upcoming season. Go Berba!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: June 02, 2011, 06:38:30 AM »
i dont think berba playing in the champs final would not have changed the out come

manu midfield was absent no service to the forward line, rooney did all the work that day

chicarito was ineffective but tried hard to make the runs and get into space. the mid field just wasn't in the game that day

i wonder if fergie employed the tactics he used against arsenal in the fa cup if he woulda won or been more competitive in the final

giggsy11

« Reply #3149 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:01 AM »
i dont think berba playing in the champs final would not have changed the out come

manu midfield was absent no service to the forward line, rooney did all the work that day

chicarito was ineffective but tried hard to make the runs and get into space. the mid field just wasn't in the game that day

i wonder if fergie employed the tactics he used against arsenal in the fa cup if he woulda won or been more competitive in the final

United's midfield got exposed for what it has been all season;weak, and lacking in creativity. United struggles against teams who are strong in midfield. One of the pluses from us losing is that Fergie realizes/has to admit, that he needs to strengthen that area versus continuing to rely on Giggs and Carrick to create for the team in midfield. We were lucky to get away with it this season but if it continues it will cost us next year in the league and CL.

1]; } ?>