April 28, 2024, 09:39:29 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 921813 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3180 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »
Phil Jones deal done and dusted for 16 million pounds with 4 million in add ons over the next few years.

Ashley Young(7-10 days) and De Gea(July 1st) are in place

over 2 months to find 1 or 2 midfield gems .. Nasri and Modric are the names on top of the rumour mill...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: June 13, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
you can have nasri for 25mil plus thank you very much

oh wait... you are in the same league as us...sorry

thanks but no thanks, if wenger lets him go to you lot i hope he's following nasri out the door

giggsy11

« Reply #3182 on: June 13, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Hope we sign Sanchez instead of Ashley Young.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: June 13, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »

Ashley Young is 99% done... Sanchez will be off to either Barca/City/Inter

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
Ashley to Manu!!!!! dat nice!!!!!

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 13, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »

I like Sanchez too but I think he is overpriced. And he isn't tested in the epl, it's important especially for the money they're calling. Young is the better option right now for us IMO

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »

I like Sanchez too but I think he is overpriced. And he isn't tested in the epl, it's important especially for the money they're calling. Young is the better option right now for us IMO

35+ million pounds Udinese want and with City and Barca in the game they are probably offering close to 200k a week salary so United even though interested have been priced out ..

Fergie's transfer strategy has been smart with De Gea and Young and potentially Nasri.. all have 1 year on their contract left.. their clubs are in no position to hike up prices etc as the player can ride out the year then leave for free.. Ashley Young's fee is reported to be 15 million pounds which is relatively low in today's market and Nasri is mentioned around the 12-15 mark too.. Nasri is 2 years younger than Modric who Spurs want 35 for(which he is definitely worth IMO )

I still think 20-25 million plus Brown and O'Shea would do the trick to land Luka ... He is still the priority , Nasri is the backup plan , but a good backup plan to have.

Offline WarriorSaint

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 13, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

35+ million pounds Udinese want and with City and Barca in the game they are probably offering close to 200k a week salary so United even though interested have been priced out ..

Fergie's transfer strategy has been smart with De Gea and Young and potentially Nasri.. all have 1 year on their contract left.. their clubs are in no position to hike up prices etc as the player can ride out the year then leave for free.. Ashley Young's fee is reported to be 15 million pounds which is relatively low in today's market and Nasri is mentioned around the 12-15 mark too.. Nasri is 2 years younger than Modric who Spurs want 35 for(which he is definitely worth IMO )

I still think 20-25 million plus Brown and O'Shea would do the trick to land Luka ... He is still the priority , Nasri is the backup plan , but a good backup plan to have.

THIS^^^^^^ I agree I would def prefer to have Luka over Nasri but I can't deny Nasri's talent. I'm not sure bout that Brown and O'shea deal, with sunderland asking and Gibson seeming to be on board with the triple sale. I'm not sure which midfielder we would get but I'm sure if its down to these two it will happen late in the season, maybe even into next season.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manchester United vs Barcelona, RFK Stadium.
« Reply #3188 on: June 15, 2011, 06:13:09 AM »
Mods yuh could take it down after the deal has expired.

I know some ah all yuh message meh fuh links or hookups for the game.

Fair deal.
http://livingsocial.com/deals/57373?ref=conf-jp&rpi=15858871

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 16, 2011, 09:41:19 AM »
No Nasri for you!  :challenge:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: June 23, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
Ashley Young deal done.. 15 million pounds

Boom Bang

Onto the next one.. 2 months to get Modric

De Gea July 1st

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: June 29, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »
De Gea in.. 5 year contract

Welcome Kiddo

Meanwhile at Arsenal and Chelsea..................

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: June 29, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »
Get to meet the Team when they are in DC, will post pics... :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #3193 on: June 29, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »

Welcome Kiddo

That's nice but lets wait and see if we sign the creative midfielder we need. Plus let's hope none of those sides actually sign a world class player than can make them better next season.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: June 29, 2011, 07:47:27 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

Dis man talking and transfer window ent even open in continental Europe yet.  :rotfl:
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: June 29, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

That's nice but lets wait and see if we sign the creative midfielder we need. Plus let's hope none of those sides actually sign a world class player than can make them better next season.

Man U probably need 2 since Giggs not going to be there too much longer and you would need a walk on and an understudy. Unless you think Carrick can do it but I have my doubts.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

Don't get y'all Chelsea already sign Torres, think that was just about the end of the season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #3197 on: June 29, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

Man U probably need 2 since Giggs not going to be there too much longer and you would need a walk on and an understudy. Unless you think Carrick can do it but I have my doubts.

I think Cleverly could play a role in midfield, but we need a creative midfielder who is also experienced. Carrick doesn't have the skills to play that role against wolrd class sides/midfields . He is better at sheilding the back four. but again does a better job of doing so when playing against lesser opponents.

giggsy11

« Reply #3198 on: June 29, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

Don't get y'all Chelsea already sign Torres, think that was just about the end of the season.

Yeah but Torres actually needs playmakers around him to assist his productivity. Chelsea needs wingers as well as a creative midfielder. Lampard gone tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 29, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »

Welcome Kiddo

I think Cleverly could play a role in midfield, but we need a creative midfielder who is also experienced. Carrick doesn't have the skills to play that role against wolrd class sides/midfields . He is better at sheilding the back four. but again does a better job of doing so when playing against lesser opponents.

Have only seen Cleverly play once and he didn't make an impression. Maybe he can be the understudy. So one big name creator then.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:51 AM »

Welcome Kiddo

Dis man talking and transfer window ent even open in continental Europe yet.  :rotfl:

...not to mention that two weeks ago he was opining that neither De Gea nor Stekelenburg "impressed" him and his astronomical "we don't care about pretty football" (nemanja vidic voice) manu standards. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: June 30, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »

Welcome Kiddo

...not to mention that two weeks ago he was opining that neither De Gea nor Stekelenburg "impressed" him and his astronomical "we don't care about pretty football" (nemanja vidic voice) manu standards. 
Doh fight him down. De man have entertainment value.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:13 AM »

Welcome Kiddo

Doh fight him down. De man have entertainment value.

probably has a song that goes...

i am the small mag
i will say what i want say what i want say what i want
i am the small mag

giggsy11

« Reply #3203 on: June 30, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
Rossi to Barca transfer not happenning according to his agent. I wouldn't mind him returning to United as part of a deal for Berba or Kiko.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
O'Shea and Brown sold to Sunderland...  loyal servants but time to move on.. thanks for the contribution and good luck in the future

Fergie's rebuilding again..Be warned

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: July 07, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
O'Shea and Brown sold to Sunderland...  loyal servants but time to move on.. thanks for the contribution and good luck in the future

Sad news. Wasn't always an O'shea fan but he was a loyal servant and in truth a good utility player. Same goes for "Orange". Scoring against 'pool at the Kop end, nutmegging Figo; all good memories.   Gibson should be in this deal as well. Not so many tears for that one though...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: July 07, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

Sad news. Wasn't always an O'shea fan but he was a loyal servant and in truth a good utility player. Same goes for "Orange". Scoring against 'pool at the Kop end, nutmegging Figo; all good memories.   Gibson should be in this deal as well. Not so many tears for that one though...

Man U seem to be making some boss moves this off season, both in and out.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: July 08, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »

So far so good, but I think activity may be at an end. The press is speculating about Sneijder and Nasri, but I don't think Fergie was ever going for these guys. Maybe Nasri (who I don't fancy), but I always thought Sneijder was a non-starter. I think/hope the young players (Morrison, Cleverly, Welbeck, Tunicliffe) will get a chance.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: July 08, 2011, 12:47:53 PM »

So far so good, but I think activity may be at an end. The press is speculating about Sneijder and Nasri, but I don't think Fergie was ever going for these guys. Maybe Nasri (who I don't fancy), but I always thought Sneijder was a non-starter. I think/hope the young players (Morrison, Cleverly, Welbeck, Tunicliffe) will get a chance.

Cant see that... we need a creative CM

Hargo, Scholes, Gibbo out... Cleverley and now Giggs as a CM in .. missing 1

De Gea/Lindergaard/Amos

Rafael/Fabio
Rio/Smalling
Vida/Jones
Evra/Evans

Nani/Valencia
Carrick/Fletcher/Ando
Giggs/Cleverley
Young/Park

Rooney/Owen
Hernadez/Berba/ Welbeck

Out of those 5 CM's.. 2 are defensive, Anderson provides energy but not a good passer or goalscorer, Giggs is 37 and we cant depend on him everygame.. Cleverley will have his 1st full season at United

A special CM is missing.. one that can be the heartbeat and link play with the wingers and strikers

Modric is the ideal choice and Nasri would be a good back up...Sneijder is 27 and very expensive and I have doubt about him playing CM in a 4-4-2.. He generally plays behind the striker but we are a 4-4-2 team due to Fergie's attack on the wings style so Modric would be the right man for the job as he plays CM in a 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-2 for Spurs

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: July 20, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »
UTD VS Sounders  :duel: on FSC now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>