April 29, 2024, 02:16:53 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 922647 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3210 on: July 20, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »
UTD VS Sounders  :duel: on FSC now

Hey why Man Utd wearing Inter kit ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
UTD VS Sounders  :duel: on FSC now

Hey why Man Utd wearing Inter kit ???

For allyuh to spen more money. 1-0 United.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: July 20, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
6-0 United?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »
Just got back from my first Man.U game, although it was not much of a challenge, it was an experience just to see my favorite team. I took my baby boy and he too was having a ball, clapping and stuff. Apart from my kids birth, this is my second best experience in life. We had some nice seats, unfortunately I forgot my camera at home, so I had to use my Iphone camera.

Giggs controlled a ball like it was a feather he just trap....Rooney is just a beast and Obertan has some nice touches, don't understand why he does not get more playing time. Young look like he will do some damage on that wing..... Nani is Nani lol he's still my player.... Ferdinand and Vidic is something to see, these guys are true grit defenders...Evra is just class. Sounders could not make a note, well for a couple of chances.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3214 on: July 21, 2011, 05:00:15 AM »
Cant see that... we need a creative CM

Hargo, Scholes, Gibbo out... Cleverley and now Giggs as a CM in .. missing 1

De Gea/Lindergaard/Amos

Rafael/Fabio
Rio/Smalling
Vida/Jones
Evra/Evans

Nani/Valencia
Carrick/Fletcher/Ando
Giggs/Cleverley
Young/Park

Rooney/Owen
Hernadez/Berba/ Welbeck

Out of those 5 CM's.. 2 are defensive, Anderson provides energy but not a good passer or goalscorer, Giggs is 37 and we cant depend on him everygame.. Cleverley will have his 1st full season at United

A special CM is missing.. one that can be the heartbeat and link play with the wingers and strikers

Modric is the ideal choice and Nasri would be a good back up...Sneijder is 27 and very expensive and I have doubt about him playing CM in a 4-4-2.. He generally plays behind the striker but we are a 4-4-2 team due to Fergie's attack on the wings style so Modric would be the right man for the job as he plays CM in a 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-2 for Spurs

United does not NEED another player, would be nice to have but the squad is big enough as it is. Anderson can pass and this will be a make or break season for him. He really was a different type of player at Porto. Showed very good touches at the end of last season and Anderson/Giggs will hold down one spot, Carrick/Fletcher the other.

They done spend 50M without getting much back from sales. Anderson coast almost 20 M 4 years ago time to benefit from the investment. The squad looks good. Deep, and with lots of versatile players. Most importantly each player brings something different and can complement the players they in competition with e.g. Fletcher could play in place of Carrick but could also play alongside him, Likewise Berbatov/Chicarito, Nani/Young/Valencia /Park etc.

Is not like other clubs where they can't even get two strikers to play together.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: July 21, 2011, 07:18:04 AM »
My wife organize some tix for me to see them train in DC.

giggsy11

« Reply #3216 on: July 21, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
I love Anderson-and this is his first off season where he is not recovering from an injury. He has not been fit coming into the seasons but he appears to be in really good physical condition in this off season. If he can stay healthy and get a good run in the side I think he can contribute as an attacking midfielder. I also like that Fergie gives him that freedom to create when he is in the side. I don't like when he tries to harness his attacking instincts by playing him in front of the backline. I do think we need a more creative midfielder. Carrick and Anderson may be good against the mediocre sides,  but I think we need more against the cream of the crop in Europe to open up those sides. Sides with really good midfields will always give us problems until we add another quality midfielder. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:56 AM »
I love Anderson-and this is his first off season where he is not recovering from an injury. He has not been fit coming into the seasons but he appears to be in really good physical condition in this off season. If he can stay healthy and get a good run in the side I think he can contribute as an attacking midfielder. I also like that Fergie gives him that freedom to create when he is in the side. I don't like when he tries to harness his attacking instincts by playing him in front of the backline. I do think we need a more creative midfielder. Carrick and Anderson may be good against the mediocre sides,  but I think we need more against the cream of the crop in Europe to open up those sides. Sides with really good midfields will always give us problems until we add another quality midfielder. 

Anderson as a creative middie? I'm not really feeling that - not techincal enough, not tricky enough, not visionary enough, and does not have an eye for goal.  I think Anderson hasn't yet fulfiled his potential (agree with you there), but I see him more as an athletic workhorse who can play a Park Ji Sung type of role if given the confidence... maybe I'm totally misreading him. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #3218 on: July 21, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »

Anderson as a creative middie? I'm not really feeling that - not techincal enough, not tricky enough, not visionary enough, and does not have an eye for goal.  I think Anderson hasn't yet fulfiled his potential (agree with you there), but I see him more as an athletic workhorse who can play a Park Ji Sung type of role if given the confidence... maybe I'm totally misreading him. 

He has shown glimpses of being able to spring plays and control midfield, which makes me believe he has the potential to build on those abilities/performaces. I disagree about him not being visionary enough; I think he can spot a pass but he lacks the consistency to make the passes when needed. And I do agree that his technique needs to improve. He has admitted that his games has changed after he broke his foot and needs to improve his physical conditioning.  Ials othink he needs to improve his work ethic off the field. I agree he is an athletic workhorse but with more flair to his game than a Ji Sung. I don't think he is as limited but I am interested to see how it plays out when he gets a consistent run and stays healthy. I still stand by my opinion that he will be a better midfeilder than Obi Mikel- no offense to Chow.

giggsy11

« Reply #3219 on: July 23, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
Can' wait tuh see De Gea in action- game  on ESPN 2 @ 5pm.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 25, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »
As I suspected; Fergie is done with transfer business. He did say he wanted three players and three players have come in... Shame really...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/25/manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson/print

Sir Alex Ferguson does not expect to make further signings this summer

• Manchester United manager admits missing out on targets
• 'At this moment, I can't see another addition'

Sir Alex Ferguson doubts whether he will sign any more players before Manchester United face their neighbours in the Community Shield at Wembley next month after admitting that the player he really wants is "not available".

The United manager has signed three players this summer but an extensive search for a playmaker to replace Paul Scholes has so far proved to be a failure.

It is anticipated that if Luka Modric and Samir Nasri leave Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal respectively, they will head to clubs other than United and a deal to bring the Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder to Old Trafford from Internazionale has floundered due to the extreme costs involved.

Ferguson is therefore preparing with the squad he has now for a Community Shield match with a difference as it pitches United against their Manchester rivals, City, who won the FA Cup last season to end a 35-year trophy drought.

"It is not a normal Community Shield for Manchester United," said Ferguson. "It is addressing our noisy neighbours again. It will be an interesting match."

It is a phrase Ferguson first used following United's dramatic derby triumph over City at Old Trafford in September 2009, when Michael Owen scored the winner in a 4-3 victory. City have since made even further inroads on United's territory, with Ferguson admitting the prospect of further signings is slim. "We lost five players in their 30s this summer. That helped finance the three younger players – Ashley Young, Phil Jones and David de Gea – I have brought to the club.

"At this moment, I can't see another addition. The type of player we might have been looking for is not available. I am happy with the players I have got at this moment in time."

Ferguson also revealed that Javier Hernández, who has finally made his eagerly awaited appearance on tour following a triumphant Gold Cup campaign with Mexico, is unlikely to be involved in the match with the MLS All‑Stars at Red Bull Arena on Wednesday. Hernández only began training on Monday and the United manager does not want to push him too hard.

"He has had a month's holiday, which he needed after the Gold Cup," said Ferguson. "It was a long season and he played in the World Cup as well, so he has not had a lot of rest in the last year. The most important thing for us is to give him some proper training before we even consider him for the first team."

Hernández's arrival has been welcomed by fans, who on United's three stops so far have been disappointed by the Mexican's absence. It is a reflection of the impact he has made since joining the club 12 months ago, although he insists his life has not changed despite the obvious adulation.

"I feel the same," he said. "I am playing for the best team in the world. The only thing that has changed in the last 12 months is that I have played a lot of games. All I have done is try to improve. That is the only thing on my mind.

"This whole move has been a dream come true for me. The key has probably been my boss and my team-mates. It means a lot to me to be part of Manchester United. All the extra things are just that, extra things. To be part of this team is wonderful."

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: July 27, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »
8:30 pm EST - MLS all stars vs UTD  :whip:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 28, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
I only saw part of the MLS All Star game but that MLS #4 Olave look real good. Pity he got himself injured. Before that I say he have to check his pockets when he take his pants to dry clean since Rooney might still be in them. Doh really follow MLS but he impress me. Other than that Beckham hit some excellent long passes and Henry look like he has lost some quality but not much. He collect a Beckham pass that 5 years ago he woulda buss de net with.

I think the 4-0 scoreline was (a little) harsh for MLS but the organisation and technical superiority of Man United was clear. Rooney is showing himself to be a top class playmaker/second striker. And Berbatov is just a boss. I feel real sorry for that man but he willing to let the CL final slide by all accounts.
Victoria concordia crescit

giggsy11

« Reply #3223 on: July 28, 2011, 05:24:16 PM »
Anderson getting a lot of run this preseason and has looked impressive-he even scored with his right foot. Fingers cross he stays fit and maintains form for the upcoming season. Players looking hungry and running hard during this preseason good to see

Also Phil jones is ahell of an athlete- and seems very versatile!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:36:50 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: July 30, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
United 2 Barca 1 ft

I in Barbados and like 15 of us went and take it in at Bubbas.. real bess vybe...

Cleverley looked real good today..I rate him so highly but I glad everyone saw how good he could be

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: July 31, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
Will post some of the pics of the training, match and from the hotel....

giggsy11

« Reply #3227 on: July 31, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
I am really excited about the talented young players in this team and what they can contribute to this team continuing to be successful in the upcoming season and seasons to come. I believe that United have the best talent in the league. I also believe out toughest challenge will be in Europe.

Nani for player of the year!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14354462.stm

FYI

hatrick in forst 25min. these kids are from quatar, they are certainly going to be old enough when the world cup comes around to thier country, alarm bells should be ringing. some awesome control and tricks had the manu youth's twisted, a few lucky bounces but non the less certainly stronger, fitter, more skilful, hungrier and faster than the "english" manu squad
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:10:44 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14354462.stm

FYI

hatrick in forst 25min. these kids are from quatar, they are certainly going to be old enough when the world cup comes around to thier country, alarm bells should be ringing. some awesome control and tricks had the manu youth's twisted, a few lucky bounces but non the less certainly stronger, fitter, more skilful, hungrier and faster than the "english" manu squad

That #5 and #3 look just like Rio and Vidic and defending like them too. See that 1st goal.  :o
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: August 01, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »

Giggs....

giggsy11

« Reply #3231 on: August 05, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
I thought this was funny-posted by a United hator on a forum.  :devil: ;D

'United have just released their new away kit for the 2011/2012 season.
Black shirt
Black shorts
Whistle'

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 05, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »
york playing for cosmos on fsc!
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 05, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
golazo!! scholes  :notworthy:
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
york playing for cosmos on fsc!

nick webster jizzing in his pants describing yorkie's first touch

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 05, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »
Yorke looking good, them fellahs backing off him because his touches on point. Man like Butt and the youthmen cosmo players dragging he stones.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: August 05, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »
wow our youth players looking rel good. Plenty depth i like it  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 06, 2011, 09:25:28 AM »
Yorke's touch was silky.  Good run-out by him.  I wonder if he had to get fit or if he just nathurally in shape?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: August 06, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »
Yorke's touch was silky.  Good run-out by him.  I wonder if he had to get fit or if he just nathurally in shape?

;D ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: August 07, 2011, 07:33:39 AM »
City vs Utd - FSC now.
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>