April 29, 2024, 05:56:55 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923375 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3300 on: August 07, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
This UTD team is so full of depth , its amazing. These young fellas mature rel good. Amazing to watch the pace of football today.

Young looking good too, he fit in to the style of play well. Sneijder will be the icing on the cake
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:16:55 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: August 07, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
You have time.

Especially since he was already on a yellow and had received a stern warning earlier from Dowd.  Hard boots was ricocheting dat straight off Nani and backwards towards Hart.  Clichy took himself out of the play... the least he shoulda do was put a body on Nani to shield the ball for Kompany to clear.  At that rate it eh look like he plan on unseating Kolarov this season.

Yup...Clichy set up the man - full stop...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: August 07, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Regardless of whether Clichy setup the man, Kompany was supposed to make a no nonsense clearance. He could've hoof it out any side for a throw and if he had went in all with the requisite force it had nothing Nani coulda do to intercept that ball. He went half hearted.

Its the same thing like Koscielney in the Carling Cup final, yuh cyah dally.

The time honored saying, "When in doubt, KICK IT OUT!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
Regardless of whether Clichy setup the man, Kompany was supposed to make a no nonsense clearance. He could've hoof it out any side for a throw and if he had went in all with the requisite force it had nothing Nani coulda do to intercept that ball. He went half hearted.

I eh know...It look like by the time Kompany realize that he get leff fuh dead, he didn't have the time or space tuh wind up so he try tuh chook it, and Nani hustle got the better of him... we could speculate on it forever - The only reason I focus on the set up was because the comments I saw after the goal (here and on facebook) was men getting on Kompany case and Clichy eh get implicated at all..... I eh find that was fair...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: August 07, 2011, 01:13:26 PM »

After I see the whole ting on replay I just tink it was a perfect storm of miscommunication and misinterpretation. Clichy coulda initially head de ball back to Kompany but seeing the way he decidedly dropped off from de ball, is either Kompany call him off, thinkin' he coulda get to it, or clichy see dat kompany was (initially) coming I n and not droppinmg off himself to receive a pass with some space. With clichy facing his own goal, is only one of 2 players he coulda pass dat ball to one touch: kompany or Hart, either of which coulda be tricky with a ball bouncing over he head. Situation like dat, yuh want kompany to take charge and attack dat ball.....and for Clichy to drop back and cover for him....after de mixup, kompany still coulda get to de ball before nani.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: August 07, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
Regardless, it's pretty amazing at times how ruthless and clinical the game can be on the highest level.  Savannah football or even MLS you might still get away with that but on this level one li'l mistake is all it takes and man will punish yuh.  Kudos to Nani fuh pressing de issue and dem putting away the goal with composure.

giggsy11

« Reply #3306 on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
anyone have a live feed link for the game?

Alyuh men should know how to find these things by now  >:(
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=125570&part=sports

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Doh study he, he made that comment when the score was 2 nil  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: August 08, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Big Up!

Yes and to make it worse , is a Arsenal man asking meh for link stueps, i never  ::)

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Bookmark this page , and never lose it  :devil:

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »
De first thing I do after Nani score was rewind and go back and watch how Dzeko miss dat open (ah think uncontested) header, after which Rooney hoof it clear for Nani to run like ah madman after.

Dzeko have to feel as if he was a major contributor to dat goal...not dat i mind or anything ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #3310 on: August 08, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Big Up!

Yes and to make it worse , is a Arsenal man asking meh for link stueps, i never  ::)

Educate we (me) nah! ;D

Bookmark this page , and never lose it  :devil:

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

Thanks bro! :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »
Dat young team ManU had out in the 2nd half was running boy. Dem fellas was sharp and moving the ball around quick, City couldn't ketch themselves for a while. Entertaining game though as a ManU fan ;D Hopefully Nani don't peak too early this season, we're gonna need him to pace himself throughout the season and finish strong.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
lil late but good win fellas....i sure none of alyuh thought it was over even 2-0 down @ d half......just hope the rest of the big teams put city in they place this season.

only concern alyuh should have is just de gea but i sure the young keepre will grow in stature....yuh first year as a starter @ one of the biggest clubs in the world cyar b easy but in time he go get there (that dzeko goal to me he was @ fault for)

good luck Man Ure

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: August 10, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
Just saw the interview with a Dutch reporter where Sneijder said that if Man United came calling he would come immediately, but officially they have not come calling yet (only un-officially).

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,13987_7091013,00.html

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #3314 on: August 12, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
I am happy to hear this.

Source- Manchester United Official Website

Boss set to promote Pogba

Sir Alex has revealed he is promoting Paul Pogba to the first-team squad after being impressed with the FA Youth Cup-winning midfielder.
The 18-year-old Frenchman replaced Paul Scholes in the Reds legend's testimonial against New York Cosmos and is in the manager's thoughts ahead of the new season. The youngsters at Old Trafford have ensured the manager is in a relaxed mood about his squad ahead of the transfer window closing at the end of the month.
"We've got Darren Fletcher to come back," explained Sir Alex. "Michael Carrick, who tends to develop more around November/December. And we’ve got a young boy Pogba who's showing great promise for us. He came on in a couple of games in terms of progress with the youth team, we’re quite positive about him.
"I mean if we hold Pogba back, what’s going to happen? He’s going to leave. You know, in a couple of years’ time when his contract is going to finish. So we have to give him the opportunity to see how he can do in the first-team and he’s got great ability, plus he’s got the physique and athleticism.
"He is a possibility so, when you take that roll call of players you know, I’m certainly not looking to add anybody. I’ve been saying that for weeks, but you’ve all been writing differently, you’ve all been writing about how I’m going to buy this one, I’m going to buy that one but we’ve said nothing, I’m carrying on with business."

When asked directly if everybody can forget about Wesley Sneijder arriving from Inter Milan, he replied: "You can forget about anyone you like! I’m happy with the young players we’ve got."
In terms of whether the likes of Tom Cleverley, Pogba, and possibly Ravel Morrison and Ryan Tunnicliffe, when he returns from Peterborough, can push the existing first-team midfielders, the manager is realistic about the situation.
"Well, I mean my intention is not to put pressure on anyone," he stressed. "My intention is to get the best team I can for United. There’s an emphasis on young players in the squad and there always has been.
"There’s a case where a young player comes through the ranks and that they can threaten anyone. Because if they have the ability and the temperament, there’s only one thing you can do and that’s play them.
"It happened with Ryan Giggs and Lee Sharpe, who was doing very well at the time, showing great promise and what happens? Ryan Giggs appears and Ryan Giggs gets the spot - it’s that horrible business of somebody's ability being better than yours."

giggsy11

« Reply #3315 on: August 12, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
Bases on Fergie's philosphy of giving youth a chance if they out perform establish players; I fear for Berbatov. I wonder if he will get a lot of run,if say, Welbeck continues to impress. Personally as much as I respect and love Berba's skills and talent, I find he slows the play to much when he receives the ball. He can be to deliberate wiith his play when the break is on. United's history is to defend on one end and turn that into a goal in three to four passes. But it should be interesting to see the competition for places; it can only make thing more exciting especially with the energy of the young players pushing it.

giggsy11

« Reply #3316 on: August 12, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
  Squad numbers for the upcoming season.

Manchester United’s official Premier League squad numbers have been announced for the 2011/12 season.

The new signings – David De Gea, Ashley Young and Phil Jones – will retain the numbers they wore on the recent pre-season tour. De Gea takes Edwin van der Sar’s no.1 shirt, Ashley Young will wear Paul Scholes’ vacated no.18 jersey, while Phil Jones takes the no.4 shirt, previously occupied by Owen Hargreaves.

All other first-team members will remain the same, apart from Jonny Evans, who moves from no.23 to no.6 following Wes Brown’s departure, and Tom Cleverley, who moves into Evans’ now vacant no.23 shirt.

Full squad: (1) De Gea, (3) Evra, (4) Jones, (5) Ferdinand, (6) Evans, (7) Owen, (8) Anderson, (9) Berbatov, (10) Rooney, (11) Giggs, (12) Smalling, (13) J.S. Park, (14) Chicharito, (15) Vidic, (16) Carrick, (17) Nani, (18) Young, (19) Welbeck, (20) Fabio, (21) Rafael, (23) Cleverley, (24) Fletcher, (25) Valencia, (27) Macheda, (28) Gibson, (29) Kuszczak, (32) Diouf, (34) Lindegaard

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:52:16 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »
them young fellas is rel thunder this rounds , very impressed with them. Good luck Berba you go need it
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: August 14, 2011, 09:16:07 AM »
Roonaay! 1nil.

Aye look wayne get hair on he head  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
Roonaay! 1nil.

he was considering implants

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: August 14, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »
It going to take a while to get this young keeper sorted. Rome wasnt built in a day
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #3321 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Roonaay! 1nil.

he was considering implants

Dey workin!

giggsy11

« Reply #3322 on: August 14, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »
It going to take a while to get this young keeper sorted. Rome wasnt built in a day

Yep, but Fabio not helping the cause. I think De Gea needs the most experienced defense we have in front of him.

I like that when he parries the ball he sends them parallel to the goal line not back into traffic; good technique and strong wrist.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: August 14, 2011, 10:47:41 AM »
2-1

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: August 14, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
Rafael and Fabio cyah stay healthy for an entire season.... get well soon.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

giggsy11

« Reply #3325 on: August 14, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
Good win-good to see own goal back in the team this year. Very young side that finished the match.

Love Phill Jones and Smalling-tenacious, athletic and smart!

I notice that it seem as right footed as Nani is he seems to have better accuracy when shooting on goal with his left foot.

Well yes, Johnny Evans reach-now he have somebody tuh buff in De Gea.

I am looking forward to seeing De Gea develop as a goalie, as well as physically fill out. He will get knock down and roughed up and I feel like he is strong in character and can handle the pressure and expectations. 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:17:36 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: August 14, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
81'
That is very harsh on West Brom. United have created very little in this half and now they've taken the lead via a double deflection.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: August 14, 2011, 10:47:45 PM »
I am happy to hear this.

Source- Manchester United Official Website

Boss set to promote Pogba

Sir Alex has revealed he is promoting Paul Pogba to the first-team squad after being impressed with the FA Youth Cup-winning midfielder.

This is really good/big news. This guy is going to be big IMO. If Morrison can sort himself out, then good times are ahead.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »
All De Gea But No Idea
Given the tedium of Saturday's fixtures I half expected the most exciting element of Manchester United's visit to the Hawthorns to come from discovering how many more millimetres of hairline 50 grand had bought Wayne Rooney. If anything, the extra wisp of fringe makes him look older and a darn sight creepier. But Fergie's new goalkeeper David Oh Dear quickly became the focus of my attention.

With 37 minutes on the clock and Manchester United enjoying 90% possession against a dispirited Baggies, Shane Long turned in the sort of weak effort that probably wouldn't even set off a car alarm if it hit the bonnet square on. But the young Spaniard, perhaps having studied videos of David James and Rob Green to further understand the culture of goalkeeping in this country, promptly dived over the ball in a shameless bid to ingratiate himself to our nation of sympathisers.

Not only did De Gea prove he has trouble dealing with any moving ball, but both of United's centre-back lynchpins hobbled off with injuries, minutes after news that their premier right-back, Rafael, had dislocated his shoulder filtered through to the media. Fear not though, because as is the case with Manchester United, a pre-ordained force ensured they limped out of the Black Country with all three points thanks to the dodgiest double deflection you will ever see.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #3329 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
I could see Nani bussin it after this season if Rooney continue to favor he buddy Young on the left, everytime United attacking. It seems like the only way Nani getting a chance is if he move in the middle to get a pass. No need for Young to just come into this side and they keep feeding him the ball and ignoring Nani. Which is why I don't blame Nani when he get the ball to hog the shite!

1]; } ?>