April 19, 2024, 03:26:57 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 916830 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3810 on: January 12, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »
I have to agree that tackles like that need to be taken out the game.  The irony is that if Johnson had only offered his right leg and not allowed his left to swing thru, likely nobody would say anything.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 12, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »

i saw that yesterday, i was amazed the ref aint even blow the whistle
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: January 12, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »

i saw that yesterday, i was amazed the ref aint even blow the whistle

That was 10x more dangerous than the VK tackle! MHO!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: January 13, 2012, 07:40:41 AM »

Big Up!

Same tackle... no different.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 13, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »

Big Up!

Same tackle... no different.

Not at all, this dude was very wreckless. Look at that. Bias much.

Or and by the way, Ballotelli has been sent off for way less.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
no blood no foul...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 13, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »
Not at all, this dude was very wreckless. Look at that. Bias much.

Or and by the way, Ballotelli has been sent off for way less.

Biased how... when I was defending Kompany and arguing that he should NOT have been sent off? 

Maybe you can point out how Johnson was "very wreckless" compared to Kompany?  Is it because Kompany open he leg to win the ball and Johnson kept his closed... or you have insight to each man's mental state at the time of the challenge?  Because physically I see no difference.

As for Balotelli being sent off for less... I could also mention Gerrard on Fletcher a year ago.  Not sure what your point about Balotelli is supposed to be.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:33:46 AM by Bakes »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 13, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »

Examined side by side i'm really not sure how these can be seen to be the same tackle.

Johnson is fully airborne with both feet studs up into the challenge, and connects the ball with the underside of both boots.

Kompany wins the ball with the side of his right foot then studs are up on the follow through.

Might sound like splitting hairs, but Johnson tackle look more likely to break a foot imo.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:33:13 PM by dinho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 13, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »

Examined side by side i'm really not sure how these can be seen to be the same tackle.

Johnson is fully airborne with both feet studs up into the challenge, and connects the ball with the underside of both boots.

Kompany wins the ball with the side of his right foot then studs are up on the follow through.

Might sound like splitting hairs, but Johnson tackle look more likely to break a foot imo.

A distinction without a difference.  Kompany is also fully airborne with both feet studs up into the challenge... this much is evident from the first two angles shown in the .gif  The distinction is that Kompany connects with just his right foot and not both feet as arguably Johnson did.  I guess in turn I could nitpick and argue that Johnson angled his studs ground-wards and technically only made initial contact with one foot.... and that he wearing red and not sky blue  ::)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:32:26 PM by Bakes »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 13, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »
100% Barataria ent see nothing wrong with either of dem two tackles  ::)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

giggsy11

« Reply #3820 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
Rooney = :banginghead:

Scholesy, wey tuh show him how tuh do it!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:47:39 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 14, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
Brilliant tackle by Kompany.  He was never out of control, used the side of the foot, and got to the ball first.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 16, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »
For the life of me I can't understand why Giggs brother would want to go back there..

Rhodri Giggs: Cheating rat Ryan took all I had

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4062868/Rhodri-Giggs-Cheating-rat-Ryan-Giggs-took-all-I-had.html

Worn ... Rhodri Giggs is still reeling from Ryan's affair with Natasha
Rhodri tells all of Ryan showdown

STAR has never said sorry – but callously insisted: “It was just sex, nothing more.”

By LEIGH HOLMWOOD, RICHARD WHITE and EMILY NASH

DEVASTATED Rhodri Giggs believes jealousy drove his soccer star brother Ryan to steal his wife Natasha.

Rhodri, 34, said she was the one thing he had that Ryan, 38, lacked.

The Man United ace had an eight-year affair with Natasha, 29.

Rhodri — still struggling to come to terms with the affair — is convinced the United wing legend just had to be competitive — even in love.

He said: "He took Natasha despite him having everything and me nothing. She was the only thing I had and he did not - so he took it."

Rhodri now cannot wait for his back-stabbing brother to retire from football - so he can watch his beloved Man United again.

He revealed he can no longer even bear to watch the Welsh wizard play on TV.

Rhodri was a regular at Old Trafford, where Ryan is the most highly decorated player in English football history and adored in the stands. But he has not been to the stadium since he found his brother had bedded curvy Natasha.

He told The Sun: "I used to look forward to matches.

"Now I look at the team sheet to see if he's playing. If he is, I don't watch. I can't wait for him to retire.

"Knowing someone who has been your hero for most of your life has been sleeping with your wife just hurts too much."

Rhodri recalled that Ryan was marked out as special from childhood because of his footballing ability.

He said: "When you watched him at 16, he was head and shoulders above everyone else. He was born to play football. I was very proud of him when he signed for Man United at 14."

Rhodri is a £400-a-week player-manager at semi-pro Salford City, while Ryan is on a massive £75,000 a week. But he believes Ryan's success at a young age made him think he could do as he pleased.

He said: "He had a company car at 17. Ryan thinks he's untouchable, most of those footballers do.

"He did this to me because he would get away with it."

Rhodri said when he confronted Ryan last year about his betrayal, he categorically denied it. He even asked to heal an earlier rift that had stopped them speaking.

Rhodri recalled: "He said to me, 'We need to be brothers again, we have never been the same since we became so competitive against each other'.

"That made me think, 'Are you jealous of me? I don't understand. Look at me compared to you. I think you won'."

Holding back tears, Rhodri said: "When we were kids we were inseparable.

"I looked up to Ryan and I still did until last year. But not any more."

Rhodri served a 4½-month sentence in 2001 for assaulting a Manchester City fan who was abusing him for being Ryan's brother.

Ryan never visited him inside. Then he presented him with a £25,000 motor on his release. Rhodri said: "I think it was guilt."

He said Ryan once gave him another car, a Toyota he won for being man of the match - but took it back after they had a fall-out.

Rhodri added: "He gives with one hand and takes with the other."

The brothers have not spoken since early July - four weeks after the affair was revealed.

The Sun revealed on Saturday that dad-of-two Ryan - still married to Stacey, 32 - has yet to apologise. Rhodri and Natasha are trying to rebuild their relationship for the sake of their two children.

And Rhodri said of Ryan: "He wants to be brothers again but wants me to do the sucking up - like everyone around him. He's selfish. Whatever suits him, he'll do."

NATASHA Giggs hopes to rescue her marriage to Rhodri, she said after being booted out of the Celebrity Big Brother house.

She is said to have spoken to Rhodri on the phone hours after her eviction on Friday.

After arriving back in Manchester yesterday, Natasha tweeted: "I love Rhodri and we r working very hard."

A minute later she wrote: "On a 'friendship' right now, that's as far as it goes... I don't know what will happen in the future. I am just glad we are on the right track."

On Saturday she posted: "Read The Sun today and love him sooooooooooooo much, believe what u read ."

giggsy11

« Reply #3823 on: January 16, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
For the life of me I can't understand why Giggs brother would want to go back there..

Rhodri Giggs: Cheating rat Ryan took all I had

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4062868/Rhodri-Giggs-Cheating-rat-Ryan-Giggs-took-all-I-had.html

Worn ... Rhodri Giggs is still reeling from Ryan's affair with Natasha
Rhodri tells all of Ryan showdown

STAR has never said sorry – but callously insisted: “It was just sex, nothing more.”

By LEIGH HOLMWOOD, RICHARD WHITE and EMILY NASH

DEVASTATED Rhodri Giggs believes jealousy drove his soccer star brother Ryan to steal his wife Natasha.

Rhodri, 34, said she was the one thing he had that Ryan, 38, lacked.

The Man United ace had an eight-year affair with Natasha, 29.

Rhodri — still struggling to come to terms with the affair — is convinced the United wing legend just had to be competitive — even in love.

He said: "He took Natasha despite him having everything and me nothing. She was the only thing I had and he did not - so he took it."

Rhodri now cannot wait for his back-stabbing brother to retire from football - so he can watch his beloved Man United again.

He revealed he can no longer even bear to watch the Welsh wizard play on TV.

Rhodri was a regular at Old Trafford, where Ryan is the most highly decorated player in English football history and adored in the stands. But he has not been to the stadium since he found his brother had bedded curvy Natasha.

He told The Sun: "I used to look forward to matches.

"Now I look at the team sheet to see if he's playing. If he is, I don't watch. I can't wait for him to retire.

"Knowing someone who has been your hero for most of your life has been sleeping with your wife just hurts too much."

Rhodri recalled that Ryan was marked out as special from childhood because of his footballing ability.

He said: "When you watched him at 16, he was head and shoulders above everyone else. He was born to play football. I was very proud of him when he signed for Man United at 14."

Rhodri is a £400-a-week player-manager at semi-pro Salford City, while Ryan is on a massive £75,000 a week. But he believes Ryan's success at a young age made him think he could do as he pleased.

He said: "He had a company car at 17. Ryan thinks he's untouchable, most of those footballers do.

"He did this to me because he would get away with it."

Rhodri said when he confronted Ryan last year about his betrayal, he categorically denied it. He even asked to heal an earlier rift that had stopped them speaking.

Rhodri recalled: "He said to me, 'We need to be brothers again, we have never been the same since we became so competitive against each other'.

"That made me think, 'Are you jealous of me? I don't understand. Look at me compared to you. I think you won'."

Holding back tears, Rhodri said: "When we were kids we were inseparable.

"I looked up to Ryan and I still did until last year. But not any more."

Rhodri served a 4½-month sentence in 2001 for assaulting a Manchester City fan who was abusing him for being Ryan's brother.

Ryan never visited him inside. Then he presented him with a £25,000 motor on his release. Rhodri said: "I think it was guilt."

He said Ryan once gave him another car, a Toyota he won for being man of the match - but took it back after they had a fall-out.

Rhodri added: "He gives with one hand and takes with the other."

The brothers have not spoken since early July - four weeks after the affair was revealed.

The Sun revealed on Saturday that dad-of-two Ryan - still married to Stacey, 32 - has yet to apologise. Rhodri and Natasha are trying to rebuild their relationship for the sake of their two children.

And Rhodri said of Ryan: "He wants to be brothers again but wants me to do the sucking up - like everyone around him. He's selfish. Whatever suits him, he'll do."

NATASHA Giggs hopes to rescue her marriage to Rhodri, she said after being booted out of the Celebrity Big Brother house.

She is said to have spoken to Rhodri on the phone hours after her eviction on Friday.

After arriving back in Manchester yesterday, Natasha tweeted: "I love Rhodri and we r working very hard."

A minute later she wrote: "On a 'friendship' right now, that's as far as it goes... I don't know what will happen in the future. I am just glad we are on the right track."

On Saturday she posted: "Read The Sun today and love him sooooooooooooo much, believe what u read ."

He probably getting paid and everything has a price.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 22, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
bump
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #3825 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
Rafa makes better defensive decisions anyway. So hard luck dey Jones. I doh understand how they watch the same replays we do and they don't see what we saw. It was obvious he twisted his ankle from the replay shown.

giggsy11

« Reply #3826 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
Vermalin good enough and smart enough to defend Valencia's right root. We need tuh attack Metersacker on the ground; the big slouth! Rooney control the ball and stop the play acting!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
100% Barataria ent see nothing wrong with either of dem two tackles  ::)

Ha ha, long time I eh come on de Utd thread, first one worst that the 2nd IMO, studs first, 2nd one would pass by me, as you know  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
Forking giggs  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 22, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
Nice cross from Giggs, and even better header from Valencia!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 22, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
fork u van pussy  :cursing:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: January 22, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
f**k yeh
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
 :salute: job done
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #3833 on: January 22, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
MOM-Valencia. Good win!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 22, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Great sub by Assene....He took of the Ox to bring in Asshavin..HAHA

Did you all see Van Persie pull ah Torres in front of goal?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:14:54 PM by triniairman »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 22, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
Fully Deserved... Great game by Smalling,Evans, Evra, Carrick, Nani and Valencia .. top stuff

Wenger is a real jackass.. the only man giving us problems and he takes him off at 1-1

thats the difference right there .. Champions vs Pretenders

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 24, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
Is Rooney Slipping? His performances of lately has been mediocre at best.

giggsy11

« Reply #3837 on: January 24, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »

Lately? He has been inconsistent since his ankle injury in the CL against Milan. He loses the ball more times than not (killin plays), his passing has been poor no matter where he is playing on the field (killin plays) and he has been missing scoring chances, including penalties (killin plays). He also loses focus once a play goes against him or is not focus to start with. His disciplinary behavior has improved, I will give him that but in my opinion other parts of his game has regressed. For someone who wanted tuh get paid what he is getting paid he has been very average more times than not. Which has been my issue with him, yuh kick up a fuss tuh get yuh money but then yuh playing a pack of tootoo on the pitch after yuh get it or he can't rise tuh the occasion as in the CL loss against Basel.

And yes I am am a United fan.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »

Lately? He has been inconsistent since his ankle injury in the CL against Milan. He loses the ball more times than not (killin plays), his passing has been poor no matter where he is playing on the field (killin plays) and he has been missing scoring chances, including penalties (killin plays). He also loses focus once a play goes against him or is not focus to start with. His disciplinary behavior has improved, I will give him that but in my opinion other parts of his game has regressed. For someone who wanted tuh get paid what he is getting paid he has been very average more times than not. Which has been my issue with him, yuh kick up a fuss tuh get yuh money but then yuh playing a pack of tootoo on the pitch after yuh get it or he can't rise tuh the occasion as in the CL loss against Basel.

And yes I am am a United fan.
I think Fergie efforts to use him as a trequartista (sort of) probably affecting his attitude. In the modern game with 3 man midfield being the fashion he probably doesn't like the work rate involved as much and wants to be more of a striker as he was in the past. Just a thought.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 28, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
What d f**k wrong with DaGea  :cursing:
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>