March 28, 2024, 09:51:01 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911209 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #4230 on: April 23, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Dinho you think I care what Fergie says? he is the same man who said at the start of the season that we are catching up to Barca lol

Evans has been good definitely but he nor an aging Rio can give you what Vidic gives you..

And totally agree about Rafael..great potential but he was at fault for at least 2, maybe 3 yesterday... will be a great RB for United in time but next season a Left Back is a must..Evra's been shambolic over the last 2 seasons..positioning wise he is atrocious ..I want Evra to stay on as he is experienced and a fighter and understands the size of the club and good for the younger players but we need a LB..I want Baines

A right back may be on the cards too..cant depend on Rafael and then use 2 CB's out there if he not fit(Jones and Smalling)

Vidic will be back so with Rio, Evans Smalling and Jones we are fine there

CM is an area to improve..I want Modric or someone like him to play off of Carrick/Scholes/Fletcher when fit
then you have the other CM's , Cleverley, Pogba if he stays and Giggs

Park will leave I reckon..even if he doesnt I can see Fergie bringing in a man who can play both wings and behind the striker , Gaitian would fit the bill , Muniain from Bilbao has been linked and the expensive speculation is Hazard

Berba will leave..therefore he will either buy a striker or CAM depending on what he wants for big games.. we can run 4-4-2 in England but not in CL..4-2-3-1 in CL it will be so I reckon Sneijder .. younger names include Eriksen, Kagawa

I can see alot of money being spent this summer...we need at least 3 quality additions because City will get stronger and so will Arsenal and Chelsea..and then of course Madrid Barca...we cant afford to be left behind

Sort it out Fergie

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
We have missed Vidic badly ... to think we are 1st and 3 points clear without him is insane.. Imagine where City would be if Kompany was injured for almost the entire season

We like to make it hard for ourselves..If City go on to win it they would have deserved it but we shall see what happens Monday

Even if we lose and they go level I am confident Newcastle will either beat or draw with them the matchday after the derby but obviously If we dont lose the derby it is one hand on the trophy

Big teams need a big response...

One can equate manu missing vidic on the defensive end to mancity missing tevez on the attacking end.  When you factor in that manu is supposedly one of THE top teams in the world that has been a well-oiled EPL machine for so long, one lil' monkey missin' ain't supposed to stop no show.  Factor in that mancity is as dysfunctional a collection of characters as any team can be, they deserve credit for getting it done.  Kompany is probably the only mature player on the team.  Allyuh lose vidic but ent allyuh still have rio? 

On another note, who it is get dah shake from Fellaini on Everton last goal, dah was evans?  :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
 :worried:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
  Whether it is Goals For, Goals against or any angle of Goal differential (in overall games or head-to-head matchups) mancity currently have the superior numbers in every one of those categories.  Pay attention!

Nobody is denying that City has the superior numbers you dunce... the fact is that scoring 4 goals to City's 2 HELPS Man U's cause where total number of goals scored is the criteria.  Pay attention!

??? No, goal difference is the first tiebreaker  :beermug:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League#Competition

You right, goal differential, then goals for.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 24, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »
  Whether it is Goals For, Goals against or any angle of Goal differential (in overall games or head-to-head matchups) mancity currently have the superior numbers in every one of those categories.  Pay attention!

Nobody is denying that City has the superior numbers you dunce... the fact is that scoring 4 goals to City's 2 HELPS Man U's cause where total number of goals scored is the criteria.  Pay attention!

Aye, cunnyhole, yuh always quick to call people dunce, playin' "correction" officer on d forum....yet does be makin' some of the dumbest mistakes.  De man arkse 'bout "goal difference" and here you come wit yuh usual (mis)information 'bout first tie breaker....and yuh wrong again. manu score 4, (good) concede 4 (not good) AND fell behind by 2 goals in what actually is the first tie breaker (REALLY not good) but hold on to your point.....they just might need that second tie breaker yet....as well as they might not.  the other day ah see in your repeated attempt at a post-game analysis/synopsis yuh describe two of the goals in a game that ended 2-1 as "equalisers".  What a c**t.  And you purporting yuh self so much as mr legal expert....with such poor ability to "pay attention" to such simple, obvious, in-your-face details, I cyah see your clients paying for your retainer with anything more than a few commissary items.  You is more like a jailhouse lawyer. Get yuh head out yuh ass and (I repeat) "pay attention!"

giggsy11

« Reply #4235 on: April 24, 2012, 06:38:21 AM »
I know Fergie will rip them a new ass, after giving up such a lead at home. We good on goal difference I think. I'll take a draw or a win at City.

Nah we have been lagging on goal difference which got worse once we lost to Wigan and Citeh scored 5 on the side they played. And then conceding 4 against Everton didn't help after we scored 4. We cannot depend on goal diffierence to win the league if we and Citeh end up with the same number of points. Citeh would win it. We need tuh win our matches and the worse we can do against Citeh is draw.

giggsy11

« Reply #4236 on: April 24, 2012, 06:45:37 AM »

[quote

No it doen't. United scoring 4 goals and conceding 4 does not help our goal difference it lessens it. City scoring 2 and not conceding any helps City's goal difference not ours. It is okay for you not to know or understand everything instead of tryin tuh act like you do! It is called being human!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 24, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
Aye, cunnyhole, yuh always quick to call people dunce, playin' "correction" officer on d forum....yet does be makin' some of the dumbest mistakes.  De man arkse 'bout "goal difference" and here you come wit yuh usual (mis)information 'bout first tie breaker....and yuh wrong again. manu score 4, (good) concede 4 (not good) AND fell behind by 2 goals in what actually is the first tie breaker (REALLY not good) but hold on to your point.....they just might need that second tie breaker yet....as well as they might not.  the other day ah see in your repeated attempt at a post-game analysis/synopsis yuh describe two of the goals in a game that ended 2-1 as "equalisers".  What a c**t.  And you purporting yuh self so much as mr legal expert....with such poor ability to "pay attention" to such simple, obvious, in-your-face details, I cyah see your clients paying for your retainer with anything more than a few commissary items.  You is more like a jailhouse lawyer. Get yuh head out yuh ass and (I repeat) "pay attention!"

It real bunnin' yuh eh?  I surprise yuh could walk upright toting all dem feelings and carrying arung dat inferiority complex  ;)

[quote

No it doen't. United scoring 4 goals and conceding 4 does not help our goal difference it lessens it. City scoring 2 and not conceding any helps City's goal difference not ours. It is okay for you not to know or understand everything instead of tryin tuh act like you do! It is called being human!

Ah next genius.... I made it clear that I'm not talking about goal difference you fool!  Do you understand what "total number of goals scored" aka the second tie-breaker means?  And how does United scoring 4 goals and conceding 4 "lessens" your goal differential?  Thanks for telling me that City scoring 2 goals and not conceding any helps them... I really wouldn't have figured that one out if not fuh you.

giggsy11

« Reply #4238 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

It real bunnin' yuh eh?  I surprise yuh could walk upright toting all dem feelings and carrying arung dat inferiority complex  ;)

[quote

Ah next genius.... I made it clear that I'm not talking about goal difference you fool!  Do you understand what "total number of goals scored" aka the second tie-breaker means?  And how does United scoring 4 goals and conceding 4 "lessens" your goal differential?  Thanks for telling me that City scoring 2 goals and not conceding any helps them... I really wouldn't have figured that one out if not fuh you.

Shit for brains, when it doesn't involve anything written in a book; you are the one who rushed tuh post about goal difference not being a decider that it is goals scored. So I had tuh break it down for you since you. You had no frickin clue what the hell yuh was talkin about until another poster corrected you! You stupid prick!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Shit for brains, when it doesn't involve anything written in a book; you are the one who rushed tuh post about goal difference not being a decider that it is goals scored. So I had tuh break it down for you since you. You had no frickin clue what the hell yuh was talkin about until another poster corrected you! You stupid prick!

yes, yes... when yuh done wid de hyperventilating find where I say goal differential is not a "decider".  And my 'shit fuh brains' still trying tuh figure out how scoring four and conceding four goals lessens United's goal differential.  Thank god we have bright people like you on de forum yes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 24, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
I read Nani engaged.
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »

:D  You obviously need that trumped-up sense of self to exist boy.  Remind meh of Dennis Rodman.

[quote

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4242 on: April 30, 2012, 06:06:51 AM »
Big, Big game today. Whoever lose this game losing the title.

If City wins it is over. Newcastle not stopping City if they win this game, they have a poor record against the top teams even though everybody punting them as challenging opposition.

United could drop points to Sunderland or Swansea so a draw would keep things alive but if United wins you fancy them to get a point from one of those two games.

City is not a good match-up for United. United has not done well in recent times against high tempo teams and teams that play with three in the middle. In big games like semi-finals and cup finals they have been bad too. Hopefully they approach this game like a second leg of a cup tie where they have the first leg advantage.

Ferguson could ask Rooney to drop and support in midfield (which has had mixed success), ask Valencia to tuck in (which didn’t work against Barcelona) or he coould just play a next midfielder and bench Welbeck/Chicharito. If it is the latter I hoping to see Jones and not Park, and not Giggs till the second half at least.

City have a dilemna too. Tevez and Aguero is a real threat but City have beat United by playing De Jong, Barry and Toure behind a lone striker. Also City always play cautious in these games, harry and wait for a mistake but that kinda caution is what cause them to lose all them points in the games against Arsenal, Sunderland, Swansea.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 30, 2012, 06:14:12 AM »
Agreed..either Rooney plays in a 3 man midfield with Scholes and Carrick or Wazza on top supported by Scholes Carrick and I would go with Cleverley ... Valencia and either Nani/Young on the left(Nani took a knock in training)

Cleverley has all the energy and more importantly the technique to keep the ball moving..Jones is a bit clumsy and Park offers f**k all on the ball

Interested to see what the old man decides

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4244 on: April 30, 2012, 06:44:35 AM »
Dinho you think I care what Fergie says? he is the same man who said at the start of the season that we are catching up to Barca lol

Evans has been good definitely but he nor an aging Rio can give you what Vidic gives you..

And totally agree about Rafael..great potential but he was at fault for at least 2, maybe 3 yesterday... will be a great RB for United in time but next season a Left Back is a must..Evra's been shambolic over the last 2 seasons..positioning wise he is atrocious ..I want Evra to stay on as he is experienced and a fighter and understands the size of the club and good for the younger players but we need a LB..I want Baines

A right back may be on the cards too..cant depend on Rafael and then use 2 CB's out there if he not fit(Jones and Smalling)

Vidic will be back so with Rio, Evans Smalling and Jones we are fine there

CM is an area to improve..I want Modric or someone like him to play off of Carrick/Scholes/Fletcher when fit
then you have the other CM's , Cleverley, Pogba if he stays and Giggs

Park will leave I reckon..even if he doesnt I can see Fergie bringing in a man who can play both wings and behind the striker , Gaitian would fit the bill , Muniain from Bilbao has been linked and the expensive speculation is Hazard

Berba will leave..therefore he will either buy a striker or CAM depending on what he wants for big games.. we can run 4-4-2 in England but not in CL..4-2-3-1 in CL it will be so I reckon Sneijder .. younger names include Eriksen, Kagawa

I can see alot of money being spent this summer...we need at least 3 quality additions because City will get stronger and so will Arsenal and Chelsea..and then of course Madrid Barca...we cant afford to be left behind

Sort it out Fergie

I don’t know if big money spending this summer. Ferguson realize a while ago that you can’t get into an arms race with tne likes of City and Chelsea. Signings will be in that 20M “best available in the premiership” (Young Jones, Valencia) or 10-20M “relatively unknown foreign with plenty potential” (Nani, Anderson, Chicharito). They will be young and the goal will be to match City’s annual outlay and player turnover with incremental development.

The kinda year-on-year jump in performance that we seeing from Valencia is what Ferguson will be looking for in De Gea, Jones, Smalling Welbeck, Rafael, Chicharito, Cleverley and Young. In fact if Ferguson pip City this year he will see it as a real success.

To that end Sneijder is a non-starter. United really dodge a bullet by not getting him last summer. His best position is Rooney’s best position, when United really needs somebosy to play Scholes position. At his age, price and wage demands it would have been impossible to move him if he does not work out. You look at the problems that City have with overpaid players and you want to stay away from a player who makes twice as much as anybody else.

I like your earlier suggestion of Sahin. It real hurt to see Real get him for 10M last year and then bench him right thru. For that reason too a Gaitan or Hazard would give plenty options up top but a player to play alongside Carrick is more crucial. It is no surprise that Gaitan get mentioned because he will be cheaper than Hazard by a good bit.

Both are good players but they look best cutting in from wide and behind the striker which is what Nani and Young do (although not always as effectively).

Modric would bea  nice replacement for Scholes and will want to move this year if Spurs not in Europe. Chelsea might no longer be  interested…. but if Spurs want 40M they could  eff off. I hope United make a move for Cabaye. Proven in the premiership, young, French international, could hold his own as part of a midfield two and create. If they could get him for 20 – 25 million it would be a good piece of business. But maybe it have somebody out there on the radar for that spot who they could get much cheaper.

A Modric/Cabaye type midfielder – an attacking midfielder (Gaitan, Hazard) or even a big striker (Cavani would be a dream but there is no chance)  – and a left-back as cover/competition for Evra and things will be golden.

Baines good but Everton does want to dig out people eye for they players (rightfully so). They must have some foreign player out there who giving yuh more value.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »
JDB -  Sneijder is overrated.  Guy has kicking technique to burn, but his game not that varied...pivot and big diagonal ball over the top - that's his game.  Guy had his 15 mins where things were real clickin' for him (Mourinho last season at Inter, and into the World Cup Summer) and I will not lie, I didn't want Madrid to let him go but the fella overrated... He knows how to pop up in the right places as an impact player, but he not a steady creative threat....watch him close.... he's bleh.

Baines is a next one - good going forward - shaky coming back.  If allyuh want a Dani Alves kinda wing back (who is a really a deep lying winger) then fine...I eh know if United set up to play like that though...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4246 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »
JDB -  Sneijder is overrated.  Guy has kicking technique to burn, but his game not that varied...pivot and big diagonal ball over the top - that's his game.  Guy had his 15 mins where things were real clickin' for him (Mourinho last season at Inter, and into the World Cup Summer) and I will not lie, I didn't want Madrid to let him go but the fella overrated... He knows how to pop up in the right places as an impact player, but he not a steady creative threat....watch him close.... he's bleh.

Baines is a next one - good going forward - shaky coming back.  If allyuh want a Dani Alves kinda wing back (who is a really a deep lying winger) then fine...I eh know if United set up to play like that though...

Yuh don’t have to convince me on Sneijder. Think he works well in a very specific set-up 4-2-3-1 and his goals does catch the eye. Worked for Inter and for Holland. I didn’t want to say this earlier because I ent see him much this season, and stats could be nonesense but Inter have better results without him rather than with him this season. But the real stickler would be the money Sneider would need about 400,000 pounds a week to match his money at Inter. Utter madness.

Agree on Baines too but he would be step up on Evra because Evra also runs up the pitch with abandon. It have men out there yuh could get to play a goo dleft-back for much less than Baines. Much better to get somebody to transition in while competing with Evra IMO.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: May 06, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »
Lawd , man the ship , we going in hard  :duel:
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: May 06, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »
GO SWANSEAjus doin' mih part. ;D ;D ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: May 06, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
9 more needed   :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: May 06, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »
8 more
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4251 on: May 06, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
Not terribly useful results for United. A Bolton win or QPR draw or loss woulda be in order. All QPR need next week is a draw to stay up. Would even get by with a loss if Stoke wooding Bolton.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: May 06, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
Not terribly useful results for United. A Bolton win or QPR draw or loss woulda be in order. All QPR need next week is a draw to stay up. Would even get by with a loss if Stoke wooding Bolton.

Mark Hughes would have a chance to do his former manager from his playing days a huge favour and win or draw at City next week. Also, would be a chance to stick it the club he was unceremoniously fired from a few seasons ago.

This would his chance to achieve payback...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
 :praying:
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4254 on: May 06, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

Mark Hughes would have a chance to do his former manager from his playing days a huge favour and win or draw at City next week. Also, would be a chance to stick it the club he was unceremoniously fired from a few seasons ago.

Hughes is one thing but none of the players have them particular motivating forces. While every city man have something to play for.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: May 06, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »

Hughes is one thing but none of the players have them particular motivating forces. While every city man have something to play for.

Hughes and Fergie doh pull. So I eh expecting nothing much there.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »

Mark Hughes not playing.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
 Fergie is reminding Mark Hughes of his sacking from Man City and the fact that QPR will be motivated to stay up....exactly what I thought he'd do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fergie eyes Spark of inspiration
May 7, 2012

By ESPN staff

Sir Alex Ferguson is banking on Mark Hughes coming back to haunt Manchester City on the final day of the Premier League season.

City lead Ferguson's Manchester United on goal difference with one game to play and are long odds-on to take the title as they face Queens Park Rangers on the final day.

The hope for United, who meet Sunderland in their final game, is that QPR are spurred on by their own battle against relegation and are inspired by Hughes who was axed by City in acrimonious circumstances.

"QPR need a point and they're fighting for survival," Ferguson said. "The whole future of the club could be resting on the game and I only wish Sparky was playing.

"But Mark knows his job all right. He was sacked by City in a very unethical way and he'll remember that."

Ferguson has a passion for horse racing and is hoping for a dramatic moment similar to the 1956 Grand National when Devon Loch fell just yards from the line with the race in the bag.

"There could be a Devon Loch. You never know," said Ferguson. "Stranger things have happened in this game of football.

"They're red-hot favourites but we've won the title on three occasions on the last day and we don't mind doing it again."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1064668/manchester-united%27s-sir-alex-ferguson-eyes-spark-of-inspiration?cc=5901

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: May 07, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
5-4-1 bunker style for Qpr
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: May 07, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
Also expect Sunderland to just lay down and get raped! I don't trust them! Interesting last day it would be!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>