March 28, 2024, 04:37:35 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911114 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #4320 on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »
A Japanese waiter... what are we having, sushi?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: June 23, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
 :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 03, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
No movement on Berbatov
By ESPN staff

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed there is currently no deal in the pipeline which would see Dimitar Berbatov leave Manchester United, but confirmed Paul Pogba is to join Juventus and hit out at a lack of respect from the French midfielder.

Berbatov has become increasingly marginalised at Old Trafford and started only three matches after the turn of the year with a further three appearances from the bench. Despite sharing the Premier League golden boot with Carlos Tevez in 2010-11, he made only 12 league appearances last season though still managed to score seven goals.

Although Berbatov was out of contract this summer United had a year's extension in their favour, which means the club will hope to recoup at least some of the £30.75 million fee they paid to Tottenham Hotspur four years ago.

There had been interest in the 31-year-old from clubs in the Bundesliga, where Berbatov spent five successful seasons with Bayer Leverkusen, but there have been no concrete offers. Turkish club Galatasaray have indicated they want to sign the striker too.

"I don't think I treated Dimitar unfairly but he can feel disappointed that he didn't get more football," he told MUTV. "He's a fantastic footballer. It wasn't a great season for him last season, partly because I settled more with Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck... and Chicharito [Javier Hernandez].

"He's a fantastic talent. Nothing has happened with Dimitar and he'll join the tour to South Africa and China."

United's pre-season tour begins with two games in South Africa against AmaZulu FC and Ajax Cape Town before they move on to China to face Shanghai Shenhua, Norway where they will play Valerenga, Sweden to take on Barcelona and finishing in Germany against Hannover 96.

Although Berbatov remains a United player for now, there is still the chance that he could leave over the course of the transfer window.

Pogba, meanwhile, is to join Juventus after the Serie A champions' long pursuit for his services. Sir Alex was fuming about the player's conduct, saying: "Paul Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we're aware. I don't think he showed us any respect at all.

"I'm quite happy that if they carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us.''

Another promising young player, Ezekiel Fryers, is also out of contract and although he has been offered a new deal the Red Devils are currently in the dark as to whether he will return.

"We haven't heard anything from Zeki Fryers,'' Sir Alex added. "I don't know what's happening there but he's not been in touch with the club. His agent hasn't been in touch with the club and I can only assume he'll be back for training.''

Sir Alex brought Pogba into the first team picture in March as rumours of a move to Italy grew. But it became clear that was not enough to keep the France Under-19 international, who United signed from Le Havre in 2009, and he did not feature in the first team squad again after being an unused substitute against Wigan on April 11.

There could yet be more new faces coming in, following on from the signings of Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund and Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra.

"Yes, there's a possibility," said Sir Alex. "We're working on one or two things but there's nothing really to tell you to be honest.

"We always try to get our work done at the end of the season - we spent a good deal of time sorting the deal with Shinji and we'd agreed a deal with Nick Powell before the play-offs which was a good move by us because the boy had an outstanding final at Wembley.

"When you don't get deals done immediately and you're negotiating with a club over a long period, then you can't expect to just snap your fingers and get it done."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Manchester United plans to go public. In the United States, to boot.
« Reply #4323 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
Manchester United files for IPO in US
NEW YORK, Tue Jul 03, 05:55 PM
Manchester United plans to go public. In the United States, to boot.

The record 19-time English champions filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday to hold an initial public offering of stock and become a listed company on the New York Stock Exchange.

While the stock price and the number of shares were not listed, the registration statement said the club hoped to raise a maximum of $100 million.

The Glazer family, which bought the club in 2005, would retain control over the club through Class B shares, which would have 10 times the voting power of the shares that would be sold to the public.

Under the reorganization, the team would become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manchester United Ltd., a newly formed holding company based in the Cayman Islands.

The team was listed on the London Stock Exchange from 1991 until June 2005, when Glazer completed a leveraged buyout valued at $1.47 billion. Glazer also owns the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

United has been looking to raise funds to help reduce debts from the 2005 takeover that were 423 million pounds ($663 million) as of March 31.

A $1 billion offering on the Singapore stock market was pursued last year, but the plans were halted due to volatile global markets.

The team, European champions in 1968, 1999 and 2009, has been valued at $2.24 billion by Forbes magazine, ranking it as soccer's most valuable club for the eighth year in a row in April. The Red Devils were on track to their 20th league title this year, taking an eight-point lead in the final weeks of the season. But crosstown rival Manchester City, which became soccer's biggest spender following its purchase by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates, won the title on goal difference on the final day of the season.

Manchester United said that it had a loss from continuing operations of $47.5 million in the year ending June 30, 2009, then had profits of $13 million and $13.3 million in the following two years. It said it had a profit of $38.2 million in the nine months ending March 31.

Some warnings were included in the filing, with the team saying "our indebtedness could adversely affect our financial health and competitive position" and "recently approved UEFA restrictions could negatively affect our business."

European soccer's governing body is phasing in spending restrictions over several seasons, known as Financial Fair Play.

Managers of the offering are Jefferies & Co. Inc., Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BofA Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.

Several other Premier League teams have U.S. owners, including Arsenal (controlled by Stan Kroenke), Liverpool (by the parent company of the Boston Red Sox), Aston Villa (Randy Lerner) and Sunderland (Ellis Short).

___

AP Sports Writer Rob Harris in London contributed to this report.

E-mail this article   Printer-friendly version

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United plans to go public. In the United States, to boot.
« Reply #4324 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I hope Manu pay close attention to the proud and mighty Rangers.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
Park Ji-Sung to QPR
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
JULY 10, 2012, 2:32 PM
In Manchester United’s I.P.O., a Preference for American Rules

By STEVEN M. DAVIDOFF

Manchester United, the English soccer team with an adoring fan base in Europe and Asia, is filing to go public in the United States.

But the initial public offering is not a reflection of Americans' increasing love of soccer. Instead, it is a reflection of American regulators' light touch.

I'm not kidding. The United States, which has long been criticized for its harsh rules surrounding I.P.O.'s, is now the place where foreign companies go to avoid regulation.

Manchester United may be the world's most popular soccer club, with 659 million fans according to the team's own estimates. In 2005, the American businessman Malcolm Glazer and his family bought control of the team, loading it up with hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. Now, the company is selling shares to raise money and reduce its debt, which stands at about $655 million.

But the Glazers do not want to give up voting control since, among other reasons, Manchester United fans appear eager to buy back the team from the still-unpopular family. In 2010, a prominent group of Manchester United fans were said to have tried to form a consortium to repurchase the club. The Glazers have uniformly given the same response: the team is not for sale. Now, the Glazers are venue-shopping for their stock.

They passed over the Hong Kong Stock Exchange because it would not give the team a waiver to allow two classes of shares, with different voting rights. The London Stock Exchange also does not allow such share structures, perhaps the reason this natural home was skipped over by the Glazers.

Manchester United declined to comment for this article.

The Singapore Exchange seemed more amenable to the Glazers' plan to list Manchester United and keep control through a dual-class structure. But after the exchange delayed final signoff on the dual-class shares and the Asian markets cooled, the Singapore plans were derailed, according to an article in Reuters.

The soccer team has recently found a home for its stock in the United States. Manchester United filed the papers this month for its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and the Glazers are taking advantage of the country's willingness to be more flexible when it comes to shareholder rights. Manchester United is proposing a corporate structure that would give the Glazers shares with 10 votes apiece. Public investors would receive one vote for each share.

While the Securities and Exchange Commission tried to ban this type of dual-class voting stock in the 1980s, a federal appeals court struck down the rules. Since then, the structure has become increasingly common. Facebook, LinkedIn and Google all have dual-class shares. The New York Times also has a dual-class voting structure. In 2011, 28 offerings featured dual-class structures that gave greater voting rights to certain shareholders, according to the research firm Dealogic.

The Manchester United offering is a case study in how the American markets have evolved toward deregulation in the past decade.

The company is a beneficiary of the newly enacted Jumpstart Our Business Start-Ups Act, known as the JOBS Act, designed to help private companies raise capital and go public. Although the team was founded in 1878, the JOBS Act classifies Manchester United as an emerging growth company since it has less than $1 billion in revenue. As such, the company, which is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, does not face the same hurdles as American businesses.

The JOBS Act builds on earlier efforts by the S.E.C. to loosen the rules governing I.P.O.'s of foreign companies. Under pressure from stock exchanges and other market players, the agency has exempted foreign issuers like Manchester United from large parts of American securities laws.

Manchester United will not need to file quarterly reports, report material events, file proxy statements or disclose extensive compensation information, all of which American companies must do. Under a different S.E.C. rule adopted in 2008, Manchester United also does not need to report financials under the generally accepted accounting principles used in the United States, but can instead rely on international financial reporting standards.

Because Manchester United will be a controlled company, it does not need to follow the New York Stock Exchange rules adopted in 2003 that require a public company to have a board composed mainly of independent directors. The board of Manchester United will have four directors, two of Malcolm Glazer's sons and two executives of the company.

The legal environment, which investment bankers and lawyers have long argued deterred I.P.O.'s, also appears to be more conducive. This may be because securities litigation reforms put in place by Congress and the Supreme Court have meant fewer cases in recent years. Even after the financial crisis, only 16 companies on the Standard & Poor's 500 were subject to this type of litigation in 2011, the lowest number since 2000, according to the Stanford Securities Class Action Clearinghouse.

It's all a bit unsettling.

After the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in 2002, critics claimed that the new regulation was driving away foreign companies, although at least one academic study rebutted this claim. But as regulators have slowly loosened the rules, the American markets are attracting foreign issuers seeking watered-down rules.

This does not mean that this deregulation is wrongheaded.

The JOBS Act and other initiatives may not have been designed to attract the likes of Manchester United, but such I.P.O.'s do provide work for investment bankers, lawyers and the exchanges. They also build up American prestige by bringing well-known foreign companies to the United States.

At the same time, the deregulation effort means lower compliance costs for businesses. Presumably, that extra money can be invested, bolstering the economy.

The question is whether deregulation is worth the price.

I have little sympathy for investors who buy Manchester United shares. The risks are mainly disclosed.

The bigger question is whether lowering the bar for foreign issuers will come back to haunt the American markets.

Even before the JOBS Act, Chinese companies took advantage of new S.E.C. rules and started going public en masse in the United States. While some of the I.P.O.'s have worked out, there are now more than 100 newly public Chinese companies facing accusations of fraud by either investors or regulators.

The risk is that American exchanges will become more like London's Alternative Investment Market, a lightly regulated stock exchange that has fostered some spectacular flops. If so, investors may lose faith in American markets, and the United States may end up sacrificing long-term stature for short-term gain.

Either way, the next time someone calls the American markets overregulated, you might want to point them to the Manchester United I.P.O. - and remind them that the English soccer club came to the United States to avoid more burdensome foreign rules.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/in-manchester-uniteds-i-p-o-a-preference-for-u-s-rules/

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4328 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
Like the author I can’t understand why individual investor would partake in this IPO. No dividends, no voting rights, it is like a 0% interest bond yuh buying. You could make money off the share price based on the club’s success but the Glazers have no responsibility to a minority shareholder. Or the Glazers could undervalue the shares at IPO but I doubt that will happen.

A more likely investment is to hold on until they eventually sell the club. But even if you look at it as a long-term bond type investment you have to consider the risk inherent in the Glazers history of profiteering at the club’s expense.

I torn because I would like to see the debt financing go down so that club profits don’t get sucked into the Glazers’ money pit. If they could clear off 450M of debt United’s balance sheet would be fantastic. The problems are how much funds will go to the debt. They will siphon off some for personal use and pay penalties/interest on any debt that gets paid down.

A bigger problem is the way this is being done. The Glazers show with the takeover, the attempted HK float and now this that they will skirt every rule possible for personal gain. They win big when they get United for NOTHING, and now they will be winning again by getting out of the situation, again with zero personal cost.

Perhaps I should be too concerned. In a sense United done get hosed by the Glazers, if they advantage some investors on this deal at least it should be less pain for United in the future.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: July 11, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
How much they estimated to raise with this IPO?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: July 11, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
Like the author I can’t understand why individual investor would partake in this IPO. No dividends, no voting rights, it is like a 0% interest bond yuh buying. You could make money off the share price based on the club’s success but the Glazers have no responsibility to a minority shareholder. Or the Glazers could undervalue the shares at IPO but I doubt that will happen.

Nah, under dual-class shareholding you still get dividends, but holders of preferred stock get paid before holders of ordinary stock.  You also still get a vote for each share held.  Preferred stock holders can have more votes per share though, and in this case the Glazers would have 10x the voting power which means even if they held as little as 6% of the shares (which in reality would never be that low, since they are controlling owners) they could never be defeated on any vote.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4331 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »

Nah, under dual-class shareholding you still get dividends, but holders of preferred stock get paid before holders of ordinary stock.  You also still get a vote for each share held.  Preferred stock holders can have more votes per share though, and in this case the Glazers would have 10x the voting power which means even if they held as little as 6% of the shares (which in reality would never be that low, since they are controlling owners) they could never be defeated on any vote.

Yeah I understand that you can still get dividends but the Glazers' have complete control and the the prospectus states that there are no plans for giving dividends. With the way the Glazers' work and the outstanding debt it was kinda clear that they weren't going to give dividends anyway. Why service a debt when yuh done get the money for free.

I agree that the voting rights are practically zero. They also set it up that future class A shares can be instantly converted to class B upon sale. So even if they sell more shares after the IPO they don't affect the voting structure appreciably.

Another damning assessment of this IPO

Manchester United's U.S. IPO may be a tough sell

(Reuters) - Manchester United may be one of the most supported sports teams in the world but that doesn't mean the soccer club is going to find many investors with an appetite for its planned initial public offering in the United States.

Fund managers who have looked at its preliminary prospectus have been either negative or lukewarm on the prospect of buying shares in the club, which is controlled by the Florida-based Glazer family.

They say Manchester United faces significant financial risks given its 423 million pounds of debt ($658 million), and the very structure of the business puts its customers, the fans, at odds with shareholders.

Some are concerned that the U.S. stock market hasn't had many sports team listings, let alone any European soccer clubs, so there isn't much to compare Manchester United against

"With a sports franchise, it's a constant tug of war between player salaries cost and the rest of the operation," said Wallace Weitz, president and portfolio manager at Weitz Funds in Omaha, Nebraska, which holds stakes in Liberty Media Corp, Walt Disney Corp and Comcast Corp.

Manchester United declined to comment and representatives for the Glazers could not be immediately reached.

Like many sports franchises, the team's success on the pitch is largely contingent on its ability to spend cash on players - through both transfer fees and high wages.

While there have been some signs in the past year that transfer spending by top English clubs is being reined in, the pressure on a leading club like Manchester United to spend heavily in an attempt to stay a top team remains. That spending can eat up profits rapidly and lead to volatile financial results.

At the same time, if a club like Manchester United cuts costs and doesn't go into the market for expensive new players, the value of its brand can be at risk. That may not happen to a top club overnight - with just one weak season - but over a few years the value of everything from TV rights to sales of club merchandise can be hit.

Manchester United had a weak season by its own standards in 2011-12, failing to win any silverware, though it missed out on the English title by a hair's breadth.

"The deal is a strong vanity play in terms of being part of a winning franchise but whether or not that mystique around the team translates to money for shareholders I doubt it," said Jeff Sica, president and chief investment officer of Sica Wealth Management in Morristown, New Jersey, which manages over $1 billion in assets. "The chances of shareholders making money on this is very little."

To be sure, many investors will not make a final decision until they know how many shares the company will sell and at what price. The timing of the IPO is also unclear.

COMPARISONS DIFFICULT

But doing a valuation analysis will not be easy even when the price is known because of the lack of comparable public companies in the U.S. The media, sports and entertainment group Madison Square Garden Co owns the New York Knicks basketball team and Rangers ice hockey team, media and entertainment company Liberty Media owns the Atlanta Braves baseball team and cable giant Comcast Corp owns the Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey team, but none are pure sports plays as they own many other assets.

"There's just not a lot of data out there," said Mark Donovan, a portfolio manager with Boston-based Robeco Investment Management which owns shares of Disney and Comcast. "Sports franchises have been the playgrounds of rich entrepreneurs who want a big expensive toy to play with but I don't really know if they pass the test for return on investment."

Teams that have listed in the U.S. in the past also haven't performed well for investors. The Boston Celtics, which were publicly traded for 16 years beginning in 1986, posted three straight years of losses before swinging to a profit in 2002. Shares were thinly traded and held primarily by individual investors, not institutions.

The Cleveland Indians went public in 1998 at $15 before seeing shares tank to $5.38 within four months.

Both teams have since been taken private.

And unlike these teams, Manchester United doesn't play in the United States - other than for occasional exhibition games in the summer months. It may have a sizable armchair fan base in the United States who watch English games on TV but that isn't comparable to the almost religious nature of the support in the U.K.

RED FLAGS

One particular problem is that some of the legendary English club's millions of fans around the world have shown a rabid dislike for the Glazers, who acquired the 134-year-old team in 2005 through a leveraged buyout. Whether through sizable demonstrations at games or comments on fan websites, they have slammed the Florida-based Glazers for loading the club up with large amounts of debt.

Another red flag is that medium-sized investment bank Jefferies Group Inc got picked to be lead underwriter on the offering only after Morgan Stanley bowed out due to concerns over the team's proposed valuation, according to sources familiar with the matter. Morgan Stanley had been set to participate in the underwriting earlier this year, when the Glazer family sought to list the team in Singapore, raising $1 billion. That plan was initially slated for 2011 but got pushed back due to market conditions.

The team also toyed with the idea of listing in Hong Kong, Reuters previously reported, but investors in the U.S. are largely seen as more accepting of the dual share structure that the Glazers wanted for the offering - a structure that allows them to retain almost complete control even after selling a large stake.

Jefferies and Morgan Stanley declined comment.

There are still a number of big banks helping to underwrite the deal, including JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Credit Suisse AG.

One concern among investors is that the team's cash balance - which it dips into to attract top players - stood at just 26 million pounds as of March 2012, down from 151 million pounds last June. The lack of plans for a dividend is another.

Its revenue rose 6 percent to 245.8 million pounds in the nine months ended in March, while its after-tax profit climbed to 38.2 million pounds from 13.3 million pounds in the year-earlier period.

However, despite the improved figures there are signs of strain. Its net finance costs in the latest nine-month period were 35 million pounds, swallowing up more than two thirds of its operating profit of 50.7 million pounds. Much of its net profit was due to a 22.5 million pounds tax credit, which is unlikely to be sustainable in the long run.

TV RIGHTS

The revenue from the sale of TV rights to its games, which comprised roughly a third of Manchester United's overall revenue in 2011, is based on contracts with the Premier League and Champions League, and are at least partially based on its players' success on the field.

Its match day revenue, meanwhile, is generated from the number of games Manchester United plays. This fluctuates based on how far the team progress in domestic cup competitions and in the knock-out stages of the Champions' League, the top competition for European clubs.

Even its most reliable revenue segment, commercial, which includes sponsorship, merchandise and apparel, could take a hit if the team has a poor season.

"Five years from now, Manchester United could fall on hard times and their attendance could drop and concessions could go down," said John Kim, a portfolio manager with Sentry Investments in Toronto, Canada which owns shares of Disney. "Generally speaking, there is a reason why most sports franchises are private."

The Glazers will keep an iron grip on the team through the dual-share structure which investors fear will give them little say in the club's affairs.

"A dual class structure is definitely a red flag," said Mohannad Aama, senior portfolio manager at Beam Capital Management in New York. "You don't know if the family really knows what they're doing or is someone doing this as a hobby."

(Reporting By Olivia Oran in New York, additional reporting by Keith Weir in London; Editing by Martin Howell, Bernard Orr)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: July 29, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
Van Persie will move to United... if he can match Rooney on £220,000-a-week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180583/Robin-van-Persie-wants-match-Wayne-Rooneys-wages.html

Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: July 29, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: July 29, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »

Just saw a headline yesterday where they have permanently put this plan on hold.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4335 on: July 30, 2012, 05:51:59 AM »

Just saw a headline yesterday where they have permanently put this plan on hold.

Yeah I saw it on Thursday or Friday. Was going to post then but then didn't bother.

Makes perfect sense because they tryiing to get something while offering absolutely nothing. Glazers want to dig out people eye, they just too damn greedy. They done get the club for free, everything else should be gravy.

With the club valued at 2B they could float a 30% stake and get 600M. All debt cleared and instead of paying 50-100M to service debt every year, they will be able to bank profit and invest in the club. I believe with that level of ownership they could buy back the shares at a future date when they are more solvent.

A stock offering like that would be oversubscribed by zealous fans and investors. Even though investors would risk the Glazers just pocketing the money people would buy for the chance to own a piece of the club again.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »
"Chevy Runs Deep"

Manchester United and GM Announce Chevrolet as Shirt Sponsor - http://wp.me/pL6jh-aqV

DETROIT and MANCHESTER, England, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet beginning with the 2014/2015 season. Chevrolet, the current Official Car Partner of the Club, will become only the fifth shirt sponsor in the Club's 134-year history...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: July 30, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
"Chevy Runs Deep"

Manchester United and GM Announce Chevrolet as Shirt Sponsor - http://wp.me/pL6jh-aqV

DETROIT and MANCHESTER, England, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet beginning with the 2014/2015 season. Chevrolet, the current Official Car Partner of the Club, will become only the fifth shirt sponsor in the Club's 134-year history...

Your bailout dollars at work... lol

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4338 on: July 30, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Glazers floated 10% of the club in an after market announcement.
Expecting $300M which would value the club at $3billion.

And here's the kicker....the last prospectus was nebulous about how the money would be used. In this one they come out frankoment and say that only half going towards the debt. The next half going to the family.

Despicable.

Also with the club holding structure being moved over here they pay more tax but don't have to report financials with as much stringency. So we could expect the club to get sucked dry even more now.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: August 02, 2012, 11:14:27 AM »
Fergie is a big time Trini supporter we, check he tie ;D

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: August 08, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Utd vs barca live on fsc now!
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4341 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »
Rooney needed tuh loosen that black girdle he wearing before he took that penalty! How the f@ck he fat and out of shape and he is a professional footballer in this day and age! He starting off the season outta shape and watch how he will be injury prone during the season.
 I hope with get Van Persi or some other proven striker, so he can stop thinking he is an automatic pick. Sweat for yuh place!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: August 08, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
Robin van Persie: Manchester United's bid for striker stalls

Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United's attempts to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal have stalled.

The Netherlands striker, 29, has 11 months left on his Arsenal contract and has declined an offer to extend his deal at Emirates Stadium.
"We've made a bid, they [Arsenal] have been trying to negotiate with other clubs," said United manager Ferguson.
"I don't have a gut feeling about it. We can't get a breakthrough with Arsenal."

read more
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19186547
Youtube Channel

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
 :devil:

No we not selling him to you this yr.

Any time VP go to ManU I hope vermaerlen, kosielny and song kick the shit outta him.

VP is a neemakaram.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Welcome to the Rent Boys Club, you can have a seat next to Man City.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:12 AM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: August 17, 2012, 05:30:15 AM »
I don't know if I should be asking for his autograph or if I should take the pen and sign fuh mih package.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:04 AM »
Lol haha

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:26:08 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »

--

Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>