March 28, 2024, 09:16:32 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911202 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5100 on: May 12, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
And let the collapse begin lol
Not many men get to retire on top, that must be a nice feeling.
haha keep dreaming bout that collapse talk. We will have a rough start, but as usual we will overcome and dominate again. It's not like Fergie wil just sit upstairs and watch Man.U fail.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Like rooney pullin' a John Terry dey boy.  ::) :laugh:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »
Men like Scholes represent the ending of an era of one club careers, at least clubs that play in the upper tiers of professional football. Scholes, Carragher and then Giggs, dont recall anybody else of note.

In modern day football there are no loyalties, only contracts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:11:15 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: May 12, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
Men like Scholes represent the ending of an era of one club careers, at least clubs that play in the upper tiers of professional football. Scholes, Carragher and then Giggs, dont recall anybody else of note.

Chelsea - John Terry
Liverpool - Steven Gerrard

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: May 12, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
Tear *

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:21 AM »
And let the collapse begin lol
Not many men get to retire on top, that must be a nice feeling.

YUH WISH
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #5106 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »
We doh die, we multiply; We Bebe kids!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: May 12, 2013, 11:33:56 AM »

Yuh have to take that word,"Loyalty", with a grain of salt.  Most (if not all) of these clubs and their owners and board members are only loyal to profit and nothing else, no matter what you see and hear them say when the cameras are pointed at them.  Maybe when a club is now forming up in its embryonic stages and it takes local players from the neighbourhood to be club members and fill out the roster, yeah, but as the club itself gets bigger and its goals and objectives change, then the players are seen more and more as commodities and less of "club members".  Players have to go where their interests are best met and their futures are more secured, too.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
SAF just confirmed that Rooney asked for a transfer (which is why he didn't play).

He said Rooney asked for a transfer and needed time to think it over.

He also confirmed matter of factly that they aren't gonna let him go (so I guess thinking it over = salting on the sidelines) :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
Ride pine and hush yuh mouth hahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: May 12, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
Loyalty must go both ways. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5111 on: May 13, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »
First things first: Sir Alex Ferguson is not a great man, just a great football manager.
By Fazeer Mohammed (Express).

Suitable tyrant

Great men (or women) change the world. Great football managers, like any other outstanding achievers in any sport—be it coach, player or administrator—achieve phenomenal success to the extent of establishing a standard that the immediate successor, in this case David Moyes, will find very difficult to emulate, far less exceed. They may even change the culture of the organisation in which they perform, developing a template, give or take a few minor alterations in keeping with the trends of the time, that virtually guarantees more triumphs and more trophies in the years to come.

But that’s all. To those unfortunate souls for whom football or any other sporting triviality is the be and end all of their existence, it may appear that the Fergusons of this world are the type of people who should be running a country like ours, who would whip our lazy, don’t-care-damn backsides into shape, who would transform us into a lean, mean, efficient money-making machine with a GDP soaring even higher than Patrick’s towers of self-delusion and vanity in downtown Port of Spain or Kamla’s helicopter-turned-taxi whirring its way to another costly exercise in self-promotion.

Yet that would only be the case if you are prepared to surrender individual and institutional rights and freedoms which are some of the very few things we value in this twin-island madhouse.

Fundamental to his astonishing success with English champions Manchester United (38 major trophies in 27 years, including a record 13 Premier League titles) was his tyrannical control over the football side of the celebrated club.

Step out of his fiercely regimented line more than once and you were gone. Fail to buy into his philosophy that demanded unyielding loyalty to Manchester United at the expense of all else and you would be transfer-listed faster than you could say “Dwight Yorke”. Criticise him, his family or his club or raise questions about certain issues that are perfectly legitimate and you and your media house would be banned from any media conference involving him for years, as was the case with the revered BBC for seven—yes, seven—years.

Sport has never been and never will be about democracy. It is the equivalent of a totalitarian state, a North Korea-type environment where homage is paid to the club, its players and its leader, where brainwashed subjects prioritise scarce resources for that precious season ticket and a treasured reserved spot in the hallowed Stretford End, the equivalent of the front pews at the “Theatre of Dreams”.

Ferguson exploited brilliantly the religious fervour attached to football in the United Kingdom, from success in his native Scotland with Aberdeen in breaking the stranglehold of Glasgow rivals Rangers and Celtic in the early 1980s to eventually shaping Manchester United into the club and the team that he wanted and which he knew, once his subjects in the dressing room vowed their unstinting loyalty to him, would bring the sort of success, and more, that the great footballing institution had been craving since the glory days of George Best and Bobby Charlton in the late 1960s.

And it is important to note the “eventually” in that last paragraph for, as most would know, it was three-and-a-half years from the day he took over at United before he was able to lift a major trophy following victory over Crystal Palace in the 1990 FA Cup Final replay. That’s another thing to note: a tyrant is only as powerful as the intimidating, threatening muscle behind the iron fist.

Just as the successive Kims of North Korea have relied on military might to prevent long-suffering millions from toppling their leader and stringing him up in Pyongyang’s main square, so too did Ferguson have the unyielding support of the Manchester United hierarchy at the time when the plebians in the stands were hoisting banners calling for him to go after United were thrashed 5-1 at fierce rivals Manchester City and reached the end of December, 1989 just out of the relegation zone, a period that the Scot is reported to have referred to as “the darkest period ever suffered in the game”.

However he turned it around, not only because he was a great football manager and an excellent man-manager of the many different egos and personalities who have worn the famous Manchester United uniform over more than a quarter-of-a-century under his control, but because he had the backing of the club’s executive management, was given the resources to build a squad in his own image, and was vested with complete authority in football matters as those at the helm believed he was the man to bring the glory days and the attendant commercial success back to Old Trafford.

Compare Ferguson’s three-and-a-half years without success at Manchester United with Roberto Mancini’s similar tenure at Manchester City, which has already resulted in one FA Cup title and a first league title for 34 years. Yet, on the heels of their upset loss to Wigan Athletic in the 2013 FA Cup Final on Saturday, the word on the ground is that the former Italian international is on the verge of being shown the door because of the constant pressure for immediate and continuous success based on the millions being pumped into the club by its Abu Dhabi owners.

Money may buy trophies, but it takes time, money and a suitable tyrant to cultivate a culture of success.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: May 13, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
Yawn**

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: May 13, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
he supports liverpool
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »
In Moyes we Trust!
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5115 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

giggsy11

« Reply #5116 on: May 19, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
DHW ah hope yuh catchin yuh boy in goal! He not good enough tuh clean DeGea's tugs! WTF was dat?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: May 19, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
DHW ah hope yuh catchin yuh boy in goal! He not good enough tuh clean DeGea's tugs! WTF was dat?

Stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: May 20, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
WELL DONE MANCHESTER UNITED U21'S!!!!!!!!! BARCLAYS  UNDER 21 ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!! 3-2 WIN OVER SPURS!!!!!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: May 20, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
WELL DONE MANCHESTER UNITED U21'S!!!!!!!!! BARCLAYS  UNDER 21 ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!! 3-2 WIN OVER SPURS!!!!!

Brilliant response being 2-0 down at half time..

We started the game too negative... Warren Joyce is a bit of a coward and went with 3 defensive mids and had our attacking mid Januzaj up top alone.. backfired completely and we were under pressure for the entire first half and Spurs deservedly lead 2-0.. I couldnt believe it.. a week ago we destroyed Liverpool 3-0 in the semi using a 4-2-3-1 with Januzaj in the hole.. for the final he changes the formation to 4-5-1 and gives Pearson a spot in the team.. his 2nd appearance all season because he just won the u18 academy player of the year... absolutely shocking decision to reward him a start in a division he has featured in once and the f**king final to boot.. we had nothing going for us with 3 holding mids ..

Finally Tom Lawrence came on and we went to 4-2-3-1 and almost immediately we made it 2-1 and from then on we were in complete control and only one winner from there

Januzaj is one hell of a player... his contribution to the winning goal was a piece of class.. absolute gem of a player.. watch this space

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »
Mike Phelan and Eric Steele leave Manchester United coaching roles

Manchester United have confirmed the departures of assistant manager Mike Phelan and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele.

Phelan and Steele leave Old Trafford ahead of an expected shake-up in the United backroom staff, with David Moyes arriving from Everton to take over from long-serving manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

A former United player, Phelan returned to Old Trafford as a youth team coach in 1999, and was promoted to Ferguson's backroom team two years later, replacing Carlos Queiroz as assistant in 2008.

Steele was installed as goalkeeping coach in 2008 as replacement for Tony Coton, who was forced to retire due to injury.

Moyes, who officially takes over on July 1, said: "I would like to put on record the club's thanks for everything Mike and Eric have done.

"I will be looking to appoint my own members of coaching staff at some point in the future, however, I'd like to take this opportunity to give them both our best wishes for their future careers."

Executive Vice Chairman Ed Woodward said: "I'd like to thank Eric and Mick for the enormous contributions they have made to the success of Manchester United in their time here.

"Their professionalism, ability and diligence have been a credit to them. They are top class football men and everyone here wishes them well for long and successful careers in the game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8732852/Mike-Phelan-and-Eric-Steele-leave-Manchester-United-coaching-roles

giggsy11

« Reply #5121 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
Hate tuh see Eric Steele leave, he did great work with my boi DDG. Hope the new guy work as wellwith my boi. Doh f*ck with him!  I hope and we better keep Rene-who works well with non British players, who respect his knowledge and the way coaches and prepares them. And he brings a lot of non British football knowledge to the set up. I doubt Moyes has anybody like that at Everton. We don't need a bunch of British coaches who repeat the same shite week in and week out. Phile Neville needs tuh f*ck off and stay at Everton.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: May 24, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
gutted about Eric Steele.. someone made a good point about a clear out necessary... say they dont agree with something Moyes trying to introduce , you woludnt want them running back to Fergie saying this and that or undermining Moyes and losing the dressing room

I for one am f**king happy Phelan is gone.. since he took over the assistant role we have declined alot in terms of quality of play.. I understand why Eric moved on but would have liked him to stay due to the relationship between him and De Gea but at the end of the day De Gea is a big man making thousands every week and handling his stories now.. he good to go, largely down to himself and cheers to Eric for making him believe in his potential

I am sure Rene will stay as he does alot of stuff with the academy as well.. but If he does leave oh well, part of it..

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
http://nicholashuggins.com/MUTV-Don-t-Miss-a-Minute

this link is a few United Posters i made, i figure the united supporters might appreciate it.

giggsy11

« Reply #5124 on: June 14, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »
This what we will be missing with no Rene and dem.

http://youtu.be/VwH-VVsONp0

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 15, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »

Thanks. Quite informative. One thing I noted was the contrast between the speed and intensity of those sessions versus what see from our national squads' (all of them) training videos.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

giggsy11

« Reply #5126 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »

Thanks. Quite informative. One thing I noted was the contrast between the speed and intensity of those sessions versus what see from our national squads' (all of them) training videos.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could hire Rene tuh work with our national team and help build a foundation and way of playing? Apparently Rene might be heading back to Holland tuh work their youth set up. I hate when people in charge lack vision and ambition to improve the things they are in charge of. I understand the politics but it would be nice if just one day somebody think thing thru and work the plan.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
Let me be the first to say, I don't like David Moyes as a Man.United coach. I hope he he does well and make me eat my words. As for those assistants, who the F@*k are they? They have never won anything, and it looks like a Everton back room minus Neville. They already tryna bring in Baines. I like Butner, and would not mind Baines, only if Evra really leaves for Monaco on his free will and not forced out for Baines.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: July 01, 2013, 08:31:33 AM »
http://nicholashuggins.com/MUTV-Don-t-Miss-a-Minute

this link is a few United Posters i made, i figure the united supporters might appreciate it.
Now seeing this... these are really good. The other stuff is quite good as well. Keep it up.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #5129 on: July 01, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »
Let me be the first to say, I don't like David Moyes as a Man.United coach. I hope he he does well and make me eat my words. As for those assistants, who the F@*k are they? They have never won anything, and it looks like a Everton back room minus Neville. They already tryna bring in Baines. I like Butner, and would not mind Baines, only if Evra really leaves for Monaco on his free will and not forced out for Baines.

I echo some of your sentiments regarding the coaches and regarding Evra. We have more pressing needs like in midfield and getting Rooney out. We can handle having Evra in the side, plus he is a leader in the room. I am not to hot about Moyes either, and he and his people better come real good. We are United not some mid level table side in England.

1]; } ?>