March 29, 2024, 04:39:18 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911775 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5310 on: January 07, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
lol.......are there no Man United fans on the board anymore.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: January 07, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »
It's a sad day when City fans know more about support United than our own plastics. This is a must read!!

By a Man City fan

This is one of those times where the modern media really fails us as football fans in explaining exactly what has happened at Manchester United. I often complain that they focus too much on irrelevance and not enough on the actual business of football behind the scenes and this is an example of where it could have helped.

I'm not sure what anybody else was expecting here but Man United are right about where I thought they would be. I think they'll finish higher than this but their form is somewhat predictable.
United as a Club has completely fell apart and it is the job of David Moyes to rebuild it. It has fell apart because the Club in the modern era was built entirely to Ferguson's exacting standards and methods. Every single person in every department of the Club knew what they were doing every day and what the ultimate point was.
Clubs falling apart after the movement of a Czar isn't new. United fell apart after Busby left, Liverpool got worse the more contrived the boot room system became. It's natural.

I think United fans should remember the words of Ferguson before he left. He's a proper football man, as is David Moyes, and they both know the scale of the task Moyes has undertaken and the time it will take to bear fruit. United can either studiously water their crops over time to create a vast sustainable empire once again that will provide riches for generations or they can dump nuclear waste on their land and grow tomacco.

For me, the real test of the Glazers as owners starts today. You can talk about money and whatever but to most people it's an irrelevance, United have been ultra successful and the manager has been given what he wanted. So far so good for the Glazers. The test starts right now because we discover whether they are the seasoned and patient businessmen that the Edwards family were or just another kneejerk bunch of twats who are sacking managers on ridiculous timescales.

I think Moyes has certainly made mistakes, or rather a single mistake. I think he tried to transition too quickly from Ferguson's staff to his own staff in the first team which created unneccesary pressure on himself. This can be forgiven however as I see what he was trying to accomplish. He knew that this would be a difficult period of transition and he wants to snap it as quickly as possible rather than do it piece by piece. Managers often do lack patience in transition, AVB had the same problem at Chelsea. Funnily, Ferguson did the same mistake when he first joined too.

I see people who have called Moyes unambitious because he has said that United played well when they didn't. This is a man who had a job for life in a stable Premier League team where he was beloved and he decided to pack that in and move to the most famous Club in the world and succeed the best ever manager in the game, to take on a rebuilding job the like of which has never been done in the modern era of football. Unambitious? Do me a favour.

You see, Manchester United was a club built in Ferguson's own image and everybody took their lead from him. He was an imposing figure yet if you meet him he had this working class charm that made you want to fight for him. David Moyes is a similar figure but doesn't yet covet the same respect and loyalty from everybody at Manchester United. There's no possible way that he could, that anybody could, most of the people at United were directly employed by Ferguson or employed whilst he was the manager. In time, Moyes will have the same respect bestowed on him, that's all that it needs at the minute, just some time for him to get his feet under the table.

Some fans believe that David Moyes isn't the man for United. I challenge the idea that they even understand what United is as a Club. David Moyes is pretty much the prototypical Manchester United manager, if you had to walk away and design a man who would manage them, it is him. He's fierce, he's tactically well versed, he has a superhuman work ethic, he believes in youth promotion, he plays with wingers, he inspires loyalty and fight from everybody around him. Those who don't see this have never been to Everton away under his tenure there. Moyes managed to turn that place into a lion's den in how ferocious the atmosphere was and how the team played, and make no mistake this developed under him and will wane without him, managers have a major effect on atmospheres as any United fan will tell you (or City fan for that matter), he will do the same to Old Trafford given time.
So I suppose the problem here is that fans have underestimated the mammoth of a task that Moyes has to accomplish and pundits have over-simplified it. It will take Moyes several years to get United built in his own image and it will be better off for it rather than start some roundabout of managerial changes. And I warn United fans, I'm a fan of a Club that has had probably 30 managers in the past 30 years. Once you start down this path of swapping in and out managers, you can never come back from it.

One last thing to note. I find it interesting how many people when this was announced said things like "Moyes will need a transition time" but have now decided that he should be gone in January. Transition time is a term used to denote the time it takes to sweep away the mentality of the old regime and bring in your own mentality. Essentially, how long it takes to forget the old manager and buy into the thoughts of the new even if it conflicts with what the old manager would say. For a manager who casts the shadow of Ferguson, this will take 3 or 4 years, not 3 or 4 months. Bobby Charlton, Alex Ferguson and others at United understand this so appointed a manager who can rebuild United and have the wide shoulders it requires to bear the load of expectation from the fans and media. They think they found their right man in David Moyes and all piss taking aside, so do I. I hope that they both fight his corner in the boardroom and I'm sure they will. These people understand United as a Club, understand what makes it successful and understand what makes it special.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »
At least we consistent in losing now. If we were up and down, I would of had some hope. Manchester United till I die. I will support this team, but will not support Moyes. Before he was even hired I said I did not want him as the coach, then he got hired, and I still said I did not want him as the coach. People was like "give him a chance" "Fergie did not win anything in the first few years when he took over" and a bunch a bullshit excuse for Moyes. This is a new generation, the sport is not as slow as it was when Fergie took over all those years ago. Moyes should have been able to come in and take the same players and perform relatively well with them if he was really a good manager. He had a decent squad in Everton and could not get into the top 5 in all his time there. He has broken every record on the negative side since he took over. I'm not blaming the players, caus eits the coach who picks the team/tactics. These players can walk onto any team in the world easy. Moyes is just garbage complimented with the shit that is his assistants. I also said I did not want hem, especially Neville. The other guys coached in lower leagues and got their break through Moyes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: January 07, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
Hmmmmm
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: January 07, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
Bring Muelensteen back to work with Jumanji, and to get Young back on track. Hey he may even get Nani going.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: January 07, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
These certainly are dog days for us even  Soonderland wid Wes Brown beatin we.....When will David "Wilf McGuinness" Moyes get a clue hopefully Fergie will come back and Salvage the season.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: January 08, 2014, 06:39:20 AM »
It's a sad day when City fans know more about support United than our own plastics. This is a must read!!

By a Man City fan

This is one of those times where the modern media really fails us as football fans in explaining exactly what has happened at Manchester United. I often complain that they focus too much on irrelevance and not enough on the actual business of football behind the scenes and this is an example of where it could have helped.

I'm not sure what anybody else was expecting here but Man United are right about where I thought they would be. I think they'll finish higher than this but their form is somewhat predictable.
United as a Club has completely fell apart and it is the job of David Moyes to rebuild it. It has fell apart because the Club in the modern era was built entirely to Ferguson's exacting standards and methods. Every single person in every department of the Club knew what they were doing every day and what the ultimate point was.
Clubs falling apart after the movement of a Czar isn't new. United fell apart after Busby left, Liverpool got worse the more contrived the boot room system became. It's natural.

I think United fans should remember the words of Ferguson before he left. He's a proper football man, as is David Moyes, and they both know the scale of the task Moyes has undertaken and the time it will take to bear fruit. United can either studiously water their crops over time to create a vast sustainable empire once again that will provide riches for generations or they can dump nuclear waste on their land and grow tomacco.

For me, the real test of the Glazers as owners starts today. You can talk about money and whatever but to most people it's an irrelevance, United have been ultra successful and the manager has been given what he wanted. So far so good for the Glazers. The test starts right now because we discover whether they are the seasoned and patient businessmen that the Edwards family were or just another kneejerk bunch of twats who are sacking managers on ridiculous timescales.

I think Moyes has certainly made mistakes, or rather a single mistake. I think he tried to transition too quickly from Ferguson's staff to his own staff in the first team which created unneccesary pressure on himself. This can be forgiven however as I see what he was trying to accomplish. He knew that this would be a difficult period of transition and he wants to snap it as quickly as possible rather than do it piece by piece. Managers often do lack patience in transition, AVB had the same problem at Chelsea. Funnily, Ferguson did the same mistake when he first joined too.

I see people who have called Moyes unambitious because he has said that United played well when they didn't. This is a man who had a job for life in a stable Premier League team where he was beloved and he decided to pack that in and move to the most famous Club in the world and succeed the best ever manager in the game, to take on a rebuilding job the like of which has never been done in the modern era of football. Unambitious? Do me a favour.

You see, Manchester United was a club built in Ferguson's own image and everybody took their lead from him. He was an imposing figure yet if you meet him he had this working class charm that made you want to fight for him. David Moyes is a similar figure but doesn't yet covet the same respect and loyalty from everybody at Manchester United. There's no possible way that he could, that anybody could, most of the people at United were directly employed by Ferguson or employed whilst he was the manager. In time, Moyes will have the same respect bestowed on him, that's all that it needs at the minute, just some time for him to get his feet under the table.

Some fans believe that David Moyes isn't the man for United. I challenge the idea that they even understand what United is as a Club. David Moyes is pretty much the prototypical Manchester United manager, if you had to walk away and design a man who would manage them, it is him. He's fierce, he's tactically well versed, he has a superhuman work ethic, he believes in youth promotion, he plays with wingers, he inspires loyalty and fight from everybody around him. Those who don't see this have never been to Everton away under his tenure there. Moyes managed to turn that place into a lion's den in how ferocious the atmosphere was and how the team played, and make no mistake this developed under him and will wane without him, managers have a major effect on atmospheres as any United fan will tell you (or City fan for that matter), he will do the same to Old Trafford given time.
So I suppose the problem here is that fans have underestimated the mammoth of a task that Moyes has to accomplish and pundits have over-simplified it. It will take Moyes several years to get United built in his own image and it will be better off for it rather than start some roundabout of managerial changes. And I warn United fans, I'm a fan of a Club that has had probably 30 managers in the past 30 years. Once you start down this path of swapping in and out managers, you can never come back from it.

One last thing to note. I find it interesting how many people when this was announced said things like "Moyes will need a transition time" but have now decided that he should be gone in January. Transition time is a term used to denote the time it takes to sweep away the mentality of the old regime and bring in your own mentality. Essentially, how long it takes to forget the old manager and buy into the thoughts of the new even if it conflicts with what the old manager would say. For a manager who casts the shadow of Ferguson, this will take 3 or 4 years, not 3 or 4 months. Bobby Charlton, Alex Ferguson and others at United understand this so appointed a manager who can rebuild United and have the wide shoulders it requires to bear the load of expectation from the fans and media. They think they found their right man in David Moyes and all piss taking aside, so do I. I hope that they both fight his corner in the boardroom and I'm sure they will. These people understand United as a Club, understand what makes it successful and understand what makes it special.

All dat info all well and good but when Ferguson came to Utd he was already accomplished, what has Moyes done/won before arriving at old Trafford?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: January 08, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
All dat info all well and good but when Ferguson came to Utd he was already accomplished, what has Moyes done/won before arriving at old Trafford?

True he was well established, but Fergie had a rocky start when he took over United. This situation reminds me of the "great" Olimpic ideal. It is not about winning but giving your all. Some crap like that. In the real world, winning is everything. Moyes team has to win. Or else he will have to walk the plank. If the management gives 2 years, then he is Merlin the magician.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:16 AM »

True he was well established, but Fergie had a rocky start when he took over United. This situation reminds me of the "great" Olimpic ideal. It is not about winning but giving your all. Some crap like that. In the real world, winning is everything. Moyes team has to win. Or else he will have to walk the plank. If the management gives 2 years, then he is Merlin the magician.

Exactly, Fergie had a rocky start but he still had his achievements to fall back on and use as a direction where and how he wanted the team to reach and play. Moyes has nothing except mid table...which, to be fair, he has already achieved in a short space of time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:42:43 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: January 11, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
Robbie Savage says 12 players should go: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25665649
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »
We win!  :heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »

Exactly, Fergie had a rocky start but he still had his achievements to fall back on and use as a direction where and how he wanted the team to reach and play. Moyes has nothing except mid table...which, to be fair, he has already achieved in a short space of time.

If I am not mistaaken, most of Fergie's achievement was in Scotland. He still had to prove himself in the land of the auld enemy.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: January 11, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
Robbie Savage says 12 players should go: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25665649

Anderson and Valencia joined the squad 2 years apart ... yet both have played roughly the same number of games.

He (Anderson) has lasted longer at Utd than one would have thought, but he hasn't done his international career any favours. He's still young. Fuh some reason doh, ah feel a move will turn him into Adu.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

If I am not mistaaken, most of Fergie's achievement was in Scotland. He still had to prove himself in the land of the auld enemy.

Aberdeen had started the 1979–80 season poorly but their form improved dramatically in the new year and they won the Scottish league that season with a 5–0 win on the final day. It was the first time in fifteen years that the league had not been won by either Rangers or Celtic. Ferguson now felt that he had the respect of his players, later saying "That was the achievement which united us. I finally had the players believing in me".[35]
He was still a strict disciplinarian, though, and his players nicknamed him Furious Fergie. He fined one of his players, John Hewitt, for overtaking him on a public road,[36] and kicked a tea urn at the players at half time after a poor first half.[37] He was dissatisfied with the atmosphere at Aberdeen matches, and deliberately created a 'siege mentality' by accusing the Scottish media of being biased towards the Glasgow clubs, to motivate the team.[38] The team continued their success with a Scottish Cup win in 1982. Ferguson was offered the manager's job at Wolves but turned it down as he felt that Wolves were in trouble[39] and "[his] ambitions at Aberdeen were not even half fulfilled".[40]

European success
Ferguson led Aberdeen to even greater success the following season (1982–83). They had qualified for the European Cup Winners' Cup as a result of winning the Scottish Cup the previous season, and impressively knocked out Bayern Munich, who had beaten Tottenham Hotspur 4–1 in the previous round. According to Willie Miller, this gave them the confidence to believe that they could go on to win the competition,[41] which they did, with a 2–1 victory over Real Madrid in the final on 11 May 1983. Aberdeen became only the third Scottish team to win a European trophy and Ferguson now felt that "he'd done something worthwhile with his life".[42] This was followed up with victory in the European Super Cup in December 1983, when Hamburg, the reigning European Cup champions were beaten 2–0 over two legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:34:43 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
Anybody remember this vvvvvvv

Alex Ferguson doesn't get potential signings wrong very often, but the Glaswegian dropped an absolute clanger by signing Portuguese striker Bebe in 2010 without ever having seen him play. Ferguson was persuaded by his "advisers" to part with £7.4 million for Bebe and it has haunted him ever since. Bebe was so out of his depth when playing that he blamed Ferguson's strong accent for him not understanding instructions, but in reality it was simply because, after his performance in the Wolves game, he was about as welcome as a letter from the IRS.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5325 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:38 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: January 22, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
Janazuj has a long way to go if he is to be the next big layer at Man United. He's young and hopefully Moyes staff can work with him to develop quickly.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:21 PM »
Mata to Man United for 37 Million pounds with a medical tomorrow.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: January 22, 2014, 03:19:53 PM »
Mata can't come too soon.

I'm watching Man U hang on for dear life against a bottom-of-the-league Sunderland side.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: January 22, 2014, 03:37:01 PM »
Altidore come on and pulling stones.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: January 22, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »

I'm watching Man U hang on for dear life against a bottom-of-the-league Sunderland side.

Lee Mason had 2 Howard Webb moment in critical situations.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: January 22, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »

Lee Mason had 2 Howard Webb moment in critical situations.

Moyes putting together his own team.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: January 22, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »
I would like to use a stronger term, but I'll just say that Altidore is "out of form"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:12 PM »
Sunderland!!!!!!!!

De Gea has a flashback to his early days at United.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »
wow.........     :o :o

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »
WTH

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:59 PM »
You just know that chicharito goal was coming!

Sunderland drop too deep. Play right into that.

Whoever win they getting bull by City in the final.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:14:33 PM by Bitter »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »
I calling it first.
Altidore miss.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: January 22, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
You just know that chicharito goal was coming!

Sunderland drop too deep. Play right into that.

Whoever win they getting bull by City in the final.

Daiz what ah saying

1]; } ?>