April 18, 2024, 08:41:45 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 916575 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5400 on: February 09, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
How peeps go blame Moyes when this is still Fergie's team?

Fergie is a smart fella and left because he knew the well was dry

Man U won the title last year largely due to the magic of Van Persie.  A notoriously injury prone player who somehow stayed fit for a long period last season

Rooney has wanted away from Man U since the previous season

They sign a 40 year old to a new contract

You expect to be competitive far less win titles with a midfield of Carrick, Cleverley, a gone thru Fletcher, Ashley Young, etc?

And your defence is Raphael, an aging Evra, a past it and increasingly injury prone Vidic, Ferdinand cyah even make de 1st XI, Jonny Evans is average at best and Phil Jones eh know if he's a defender or midfielder.

The only bright spot is Januzaj.

That is what Fergie left for Moyes....and allyuh blamin him?  Dat eh fair.

Ah can't agree with yuh this time Palos. Even with a well coached youth team yuh could see de game plan. All yuh seeing here is a lot of confusion and players not knowing/understanding their roles. No way Moyes ready to coach a big team. Even if a few of de players aging, no way this roster so bad. How Cleverly all of a sudden so terrible? Role players thrive in an organized environment, and play THEIR roles. Role players don't do so well in pickup ball. I was hoping it would get better, but it looks like the players know their leader doesn't have a clue. I agree the team has overachieved and needs revamping, but Moyes is not up to the task right now.

But there was a game plan.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
Crosses from Man United. Every player except Vidic and DeGea had a cross.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: February 09, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »
Dahis it. At half, the stat was 6 crosses out of 31 connected with a teammate. Crosses were his agenda. Introducing Januzaj on the right was targeted to getting dangerous balls in via left-footed service.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:37:36 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: February 10, 2014, 09:34:41 AM »
Man Utd remind Fulham's Dan Burn of Conference football

Fulham defender Dan Burn has likened defending against Manchester United to playing in the Conference.
Burn, 21, played 10 times in the division for Darlington in 2011 and helped Fulham field 81 crosses in their 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

I'm six foot seven so it helps when dealing with those sort of balls"

"I've never headed that many balls since the Conference," said Burn. "We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that.

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen said United's style was "straightforward".

United's 81 crosses broke a Premier League record that had stood since 2006, but only 18 found a player in red.

Darren Bent's injury-time header secured Fulham's first point in four matches but manager David Moyes defended his side's tactics, stating playing with width was "in United's genes".

"I'm six foot seven so it helps when dealing with those sort of balls," added Burn, who made 22 clearances in the match.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26120927
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:44:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »
Dey buy might Mata to cross ball?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
This makes Moyes very questionable in his approach to the game. You must know they have a 6'7 defender and yet your tactics is cross balls? You have Nani, Young, Januzaj, Kagawa, Mata, RVP, Rooney, Jones, Fletcher, Wellbeck, ChiChi Boy, Giggs, Valencia and the best tactics you can come up with is cross the ball?

No Bueno

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
Wait until you see his post-match quotes.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: February 10, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
How peeps go blame Moyes when this is still Fergie's team?

Fergie is a smart fella and left because he knew the well was dry

Man U won the title last year largely due to the magic of Van Persie.  A notoriously injury prone player who somehow stayed fit for a long period last season

Rooney has wanted away from Man U since the previous season

They sign a 40 year old to a new contract

You expect to be competitive far less win titles with a midfield of Carrick, Cleverley, a gone thru Fletcher, Ashley Young, etc?

And your defence is Raphael, an aging Evra, a past it and increasingly injury prone Vidic, Ferdinand cyah even make de 1st XI, Jonny Evans is average at best and Phil Jones eh know if he's a defender or midfielder.

The only bright spot is Januzaj.

That is what Fergie left for Moyes....and allyuh blamin him?  Dat eh fair.

Ah can't agree with yuh this time Palos. Even with a well coached youth team yuh could see de game plan. All yuh seeing here is a lot of confusion and players not knowing/understanding their roles. No way Moyes ready to coach a big team. Even if a few of de players aging, no way this roster so bad. How Cleverly all of a sudden so terrible? Role players thrive in an organized environment, and play THEIR roles. Role players don't do so well in pickup ball. I was hoping it would get better, but it looks like the players know their leader doesn't have a clue. I agree the team has overachieved and needs revamping, but Moyes is not up to the task right now.

But there was a game plan.

I wouldn't consider crossing a million times to have RVP and 2 midgets battle giants a plan. Those players are just out there guessing and not even hoping they get help from the bench.  Moyes been looking for offense from his wing backs all year even when they are suffering defensively. I think without a real game plan that has potential adjustments, the players played where they could find space to play the ball to. I would hope that a " game plan " is a bit more extensive than that
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: February 10, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »
Laudrup is out there.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
Dey better doh put GOD out dey thoughts and feel dey go poach Coach Hart from T&T  :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »
bring Jurgen Klopp
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: February 10, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
Moyes denied that United's plan was merely to utilise the cross. "It was never one way," he said. "If you're just going to look at the stats and think about the crosses you need to think about the number of passes and I don't think we just went out and crossed the ball. Some people might say that one of the things that Manchester United do is play with width and cross the ball, that's in the genes here.

Yet Meulensteen said: "When I saw Manchester United today I thought the game plan was quite straightforward – get it wide, get it in, whether it was from the full-back pushing on or the supporting wide man and midfielder."

Is it easy to defend against if that is the unchanging game plan? "If you're well-organised and the goalkeeper is in good positions to come and collect the ball at times, yeah, it can be easy," said Meulensteen. "You need a little bit of creativity and a bit of variety at times to open [teams] up. The first goal they scored was from a ball that was in a second phase, fell and was a sort of pass across the goal that got tapped in. And the second came from a clearance then a shot and a deflection."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/09/manchester-united-david-moyes-fulham-rene-meulensteen

As the game unfolded, these things were eminently evident. Ah still cyah help but feel, Kieran Richardson could have helped to dispatch Moyes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: February 10, 2014, 06:11:36 PM »
Stekelenburg deserves credit. It really eh fair to ignore his contribution.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: February 10, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
Stekelenburg deserves credit. It really eh fair to ignore his contribution.

Worked like he was on a trial.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: February 12, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5415 on: February 12, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »
thanks
I pity the fool....

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: February 12, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »
Matta, looking ordinary playing for Man-U. Infact he looking like Cleverly in ah no.8 juzzy
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: February 12, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »
Enjoy the laughs while it last.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: February 12, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
Vidic is a dutty, stinkin, nasty, good for nutten player.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:42 AM »

David Moyes persuades Juan Mata to join Manchester United against the advice of Sir Alex: A one act play

By Jonathan Liew1:27PM GMT 24 Jan 2014
Manchester United manager David Moyes convinces Juan Mata that Old Trafford is the right move - but the ghost of Sir Alex Ferguson still haunts his every step

(The manager's office at the Manchester United training ground, Carrington. Plaques, photographs and framed memorabilia adorn the walls. On one side of the room sits a cabinet that once held silverware, but is now completely empty apart from an LMA Manager of the Year trophy and a black Marouane Fellaini wig. David Moyes is sitting at his desk, reading the morning papers with a tired, glazed expression. Suddenly he becomes aware of a shadow being cast over him. He looks up.)

MOYES
Sir Alex! You scared the life out of me.

FERGUSON
Ghosts of the past, Davie. They'll always haunt you, as long as you let them.

MOYES (rising to shake his hand)
I didn't know you were coming. Are you here on club business?

FERGUSON
Suppose you could say that. I hear the boy Mata's on the premises.

MOYES
He's having his medical. He'll be here any moment. What were you after?

FERGUSON
Just a chat, Davie. (Pulls up a chair) D'you mind?

(Moyes says nothing. Ferguson sits)

FERGUSON
Now listen to me, Davie. I'm not totally convinced about the boy. It's a lot of money for a player who hasn't played a lot of football. I never liked doing business in January for this very reason.

MOYES
Well, I can understand your feelings. But...

FERGUSON
It's an area of the pitch where we're already strong. Rooney, Kagawa, Januzaj. Even Fellaini can play there.

MOYES
But a player of his class doesn't come on the market often, Sir Alex. And with the squad that we had at the start of this season...

FERGUSON (cutting him off)
The squad you had at the start of this season won the Premier League by 11 points. Now you're seventh, you're out of both cups, the fans are fed up, the players are disillusioned, the press are ripping you to shreds, and you're panicking.

MOYES
I'm not panicking. OK, we're not where we wanted to be. But it's not the crisis that everyone's making out.

FERGUSON (leaning towards him)
Your eyes are bloodshot, Davie. Did you sleep last night?

(Moyes does not answer. There is a knock at the door. Before Moyes can answer, the door opens. Juan Mata is standing in the doorway)

MATA
This is the manager's office?

MOYES
It is.

(Mata walks in. Ferguson leaves without acknowledging him. Mata sits down)

MATA
You must forgive me. You are older than I thought you would be.

MOYES
I get that a lot.

MATA
Last night I was so tired I got to the hotel and went to sleep straight away. I don't even know what happened last night. Against Sunderland. You have the newspaper there?

MOYES (sweeping the newspapers off the desk with his arm)
No! I mean, those are old newspapers. We... we won. Two-one.

MATA
So it went to penalties? What happened?

MOYES
I can't remember, to be honest. Anyway, it's terrific to have you here. There were rumours last night that you'd turned round on the M6 and gone home.

MATA
That was just a joke on the Twitter. You must not believe everything you read on Twitter.

MOYES
So the story about Phil Jones's penalty landing...?

MATA
Also a joke on Twitter, yes.

MOYES
You've met the boys?

MATA
Yes, but David De Gea was not there. If I leave my number, will he be able to get hold of me?

MOYES
I doubt it. He doesn't get hold of much.

(Loud groans)

MOYES
Where did that come from?

MATA
So, gaffer. I just wanted to say what an honour it is. People say the manager is not so important as the players, as the owner, as the sporting director. But the beautiful thing about English football? The manager is the father of the club. The number one guy. Everybody respects him. What he says, it's the law. I can't wait to start. When do you want me to begin training?

MOYES
Well, it's up to you, really.

MATA
Fine. You know, a footballer just wants to be loved. To feel needed. I didn't feel loved or needed at Chelsea. I'm not a winger. I don't have chalk on my shoes, like you say. My position is behind the striker. That is where I must play.

MOYES
Yes. Well, we have a lot of players in that general sort of area.

MATA
That is no good. I must play where I feel strongest.

MOYES
You know, the pitch at Old Trafford is so much bigger than other pitches. I'm sure we can find room for you somewhere.

MATA
I must say that I am very much looking forward to playing with Rooney. Rooney wants to stay?

MOYES
I'm sorry, who?

MATA
Wayne Rooney. He wants to stay here?

MOYES
One hundred per cent. Have we had problems in the past? Yes. Has he handed in a transfer request before? Yes. Has he turned up for training in a Chelsea shirt? Well, yes. But that's all in the past now. I don't think he's worn the Chelsea shirt in... well, definitely not since Christmas. So, you know.

MATA
All I need is for United to share my ambition. I won a Champions League, I won a World Cup. But I always want more. I don't believe in God, but when you're standing up there, holding the Champions League trophy in your hands, then it's a kind of divinity? You know what I mean?

MOYES
I do. Actually, I remember winning the Division Two title with Preston in 2000, and that was quite... religious.

MATA
I want to challenge for the Premier League, every season. I want to play in the Champions League, every season. I want to win every trophy. I want the best players in the world to come to Manchester United. And I want to play for a manager who believes he is the best manager in the world. Do you believe that?

(The door opens suddenly. Ferguson is standing in the doorway. Moyes leaps out of his chair)

MOYES
Sir Alex?

FERGUSON
Well, answer him, Davie. Do you?

(Moyes stares at Ferguson, and then back at Mata, who now looks puzzled)

FERGUSON
It's no use, Davie. You're the only one who can see me.

MATA
Mr Moyes? Are you OK?

(Moyes is still unable to speak. He looks at Ferguson, then to the empty trophy cabinet on his right, and then back at Ferguson)

FERGUSON
Ghosts of the past, Davie. They'll always haunt you, as long as you let them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10594928/David-Moyes-persuades-Juan-Mata-to-join-Manchester-United-against-the-advice-of-Sir-Alex-A-one-act-play.html

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: February 13, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »
Sir Alex right Moyes, keep ah prays and get rid of that ghost at OT.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:42 PM »
Wicked Deflection.
All-too-familiar result
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: February 25, 2014, 02:46:53 PM »
Man-U looking like Cardiff City. The backline and midfield are in need of major upgrades during the summer.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: February 25, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
Wicked Deflection.
All-too-familiar result

The fella flick dat ball on purpose...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: February 25, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »
Joel Campbell looking ready for the world cup.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: February 25, 2014, 02:59:07 PM »
Wicked Deflection.
All-too-familiar result

The fella flick dat ball on purpose...

Wicked flick
All-too-familiar result

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 25, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
 :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 25, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »
Well dat wasn't a deflection nor a flick

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
Well dat wasn't a deflection nor a flick

Wicked string-up.

Campbell running through them men like cones. Ferdinand do anything yet besides pointing and shouting?

1]; } ?>