March 28, 2024, 07:35:34 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911174 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5550 on: April 22, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »
Courtesy Palos

Following David Moyes' sacking, police have been called to quell the protests outside Old Trafford.

The Liverpool, Man City, and Chelsea fans have all been told to go home. 

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: April 22, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
The Damned United...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: April 22, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
So what happens when the next manager comes in and struggle, fire him too?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: April 22, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
My favourite Moyes's quote: "I don't know what we have to do to win. We played well today." - Speaking after United's 2-1 defeat to Stoke in February - their eighth loss of the campaign. Basically he is telling everyone that he doesn't have a clue about being a manager.... He also liked saying "we needed a bit of luck today"...Man.United don't play lucky football!!!

I would not have cared if they sacked him 2 days after hiring him..I was the main one in here opposing Moyes appointment.. The man clueless and lacks confidence!
Yeah ah have to admit you called him out whole season and I for one wanted to give him time, but as the season went on it was obvious that he was way over his head. Klopp or Van Gaal will be much better options.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: April 22, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
So somebody explain to me why it so important to sack him NOW? Why not see out the 4 or so games and then let him go. But you sack a proper manager for Giggs to be care taker? You rather lose with Giggs, or the players say they will play for Giggs?
The team has to start the rebuilding process now so the sooner they clean house the better. If you want to have the opportunity  to sign the top players pre or post WC, Man-U will have to bring in a top tier coach to entice them.
I personally think they already have a deal in place with Van Gaal but it's just a matter of time before it is announced.
Also the loses to Everton or should I say the success of Everton this season was another clear indication that he was in over his head.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »
So what happens when the next manager comes in and struggle, fire him too?
If necessary, but ownership and the fans will probably have more patience with and lower expectations from the next guy given the performances of this season.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: April 22, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »
So somebody explain to me why it so important to sack him NOW? Why not see out the 4 or so games and then let him go. But you sack a proper manager for Giggs to be care taker? You rather lose with Giggs, or the players say they will play for Giggs?
The team has to start the rebuilding process now so the sooner they clean house the better. If you want to have the opportunity  to sign the top players pre or post WC, Man-U will have to bring in a top tier coach to entice them.
I personally think they already have a deal in place with Van Gaal but it's just a matter of time before it is announced.
Also the loses to Everton or should I say the success of Everton this season was another clear indication that he was in over his head.

Makes me even more disappointed that we didn't get Martinez.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: April 22, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
So where all the talk about tradition? As a Chelsea fan I have/had to endure our lack of patience with managers. Yet the first chance Man United get to show that they believe in tradition and developing (continue) a dynasty they like any other club fired the manager. It - to me -showed that they may have gotten lucky with Ferguson, who happened to work out. Moyes has shown the he may be up to the task, though the learning curve is/was steep. How about showing belief in their supposedly "beliefs" and really give Moyes a chance? SAF a one off, that's all that is.

Arsenal has shown that they are the true loyalist amongst all the talkers. Season after season with less than stellar results and still they persist with Wenger.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »
Prepare for Roy Keane.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: April 22, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »
Prepare for Roy Keane.

For what, another testimonial?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: April 22, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
So where all the talk about tradition? As a Chelsea fan I have/had to endure our lack of patience with managers. Yet the first chance Man United get to show that they believe in tradition and developing (continue) a dynasty they like any other club fired the manager. It - to me -showed that they may have gotten lucky with Ferguson, who happened to work out. Moyes has shown the he may be up to the task, though the learning curve is/was steep. How about showing belief in their supposedly "beliefs" and really give Moyes a chance? SAF a one off, that's all that is.

Arsenal has shown that they are the true loyalist amongst all the talkers. Season after season with less than stellar results and still they persist with Wenger.

Which top tier teams did Moyes beat when he coached at Everton? At Man-U? How many champion league tournaments has he qualified for?
As he did with his signing of BeBe, SAF made a bad decision when he  hired  Moyes as his successor. Time for the team to move on, find someone more established and capable of righting the ship.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:21 AM »

Dude, SAF had major titles before he came to Utd, so he had something going for him , Moyes has nothing.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: April 23, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »
I am not alone.

LMA slams United over Moyes sacking

The League Managers Association has branded Manchester United “unprofessional” for their treatment of David Moyes in the day before his sacking and accused them of betraying their historic values of loyalty and honesty in their handling of his exit.

And LMA chief executive Richard Bevan has criticised United in a strongly-worded denouncement of their conduct.

Bevan said in a statement: “The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David's departure from Manchester United and to read extensive reports in the press, confirming David's sacking, before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club.   

“Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition. It is therefore sad to see the end of David's tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.”

Moyes has been voted Manager of the Year three times by his peers and Bevan predicted he will have a bright future and believes he will succeed elsewhere in the future.

He added: “David is one of the most talented, knowledgeable and dedicated managers in British football. He has a wealth of experience accumulated in a management career that started when he was 35 and already spans 16 years, with over 800 games in the professional game.

“David is a three-time winner of the LMA Manager of the Year Award, and without a doubt, he has a significant future in front of him in football management.  He is passionate about the game and I know he possesses the drive and resilience to learn from this chapter of his career and move on to a new challenge in the game.”

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: April 23, 2014, 08:22:26 AM »

Dude, SAF had major titles before he came to Utd, so he had something going for him , Moyes has nothing.

And yet AF struggled when he apointed at Man United, so what's your point.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: April 23, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »

Which top tier teams did Moyes beat when he coached at Everton? At Man-U? How many champion league tournaments has he qualified for?
As he did with his signing of BeBe, SAF made a bad decision when he  hired  Moyes as his successor. Time for the team to move on, find someone more established and capable of righting the ship.

Did Man United administration not know all of this when they hired him? Excuses. Man United has shown they stand for nothing other than wins and losses, just like every other club.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »

True loyalists my ass. Despite the lack of hardware, Arsenal qualifies for, and plays Champions league football every year. And that my friend is the real key. For top tier clubs like ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, and ManCity, they need the extra revenue earned from playing in Europe to offset the huge salaries and transfer fees for their players. They also need the prestige of playing CL football in order to attract the top talent.

Most other clubs, Moyes probably would've been fired by Christmas. The fact that he lasted this long is a testament to the patience of both fans and management.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: April 23, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »
I am not alone.

LMA slams United over Moyes sacking

The League Managers Association has branded Manchester United “unprofessional” for their treatment of David Moyes in the day before his sacking and accused them of betraying their historic values of loyalty and honesty in their handling of his exit.

And LMA chief executive Richard Bevan has criticised United in a strongly-worded denouncement of their conduct.

Bevan said in a statement: “The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David's departure from Manchester United and to read extensive reports in the press, confirming David's sacking, before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club.   

“Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition. It is therefore sad to see the end of David's tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.”

Moyes has been voted Manager of the Year three times by his peers and Bevan predicted he will have a bright future and believes he will succeed elsewhere in the future.

He added: “David is one of the most talented, knowledgeable and dedicated managers in British football. He has a wealth of experience accumulated in a management career that started when he was 35 and already spans 16 years, with over 800 games in the professional game.

“David is a three-time winner of the LMA Manager of the Year Award, and without a doubt, he has a significant future in front of him in football management.  He is passionate about the game and I know he possesses the drive and resilience to learn from this chapter of his career and move on to a new challenge in the game.”

But this has absolutely nothing to do with your previous post!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
The firing was handled in an indelicate manner. This was somewhat the product of having been hesitant to pull the trigger earlier; however, the indelicate outcome was essentially inevitable ... the alternative would have been keeping him in the gig while "silently" looking for his successor behind his back ... unless they were willing to tell him, and he was willing to hold de fort temporarily ... but what would that have done to further eroding morale and confidence amongst stakeholders?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:36:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: April 23, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »

True loyalists my ass. Despite the lack of hardware, Arsenal qualifies for, and plays Champions league football every year. And that my friend is the real key. For top tier clubs like ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, and ManCity, they need the extra revenue earned from playing in Europe to offset the huge salaries and transfer fees for their players. They also need the prestige of playing CL football in order to attract the top talent.

Most other clubs, Moyes probably would've been fired by Christmas. The fact that he lasted this long is a testament to the patience of both fans and management.

You, as most people keep forgetting things that were going on around Moyes. It seems that Moyes was never really in charge, from his own short-comings or from the administration.

1) Don’t change the two most important people in the organisation at the same time

Sir Alex Ferguson had been manager of Manchester United for 27 years and David Gill had racked up a decade as chief executive when the duo stepped down last summer. For manager and chief executive at a football club, read chief executive and chairman at a publicly listed company. Allowing both to leave at the same time is dangerous, particularly when their combined leadership has been so successful. Where was the succession planning that didn’t let that happen? And what happened to the board’s oversight of the career decisions of its two most important executives? How many companies have lost their chairman and chief executive at exactly the same time and replaced both with great success?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: April 23, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Did Man United administration not know all of this when they hired him? Excuses. Man United has shown they stand for nothing other than wins and losses, just like every other club.

I think you're being a little bit unfair (and I'm an ABU guy!) - it's hard to argue that anyone else without Ferguson's backing would have lasted this long. He inherited a title-winning team, strengthened it with a huge signing in Mata, and can't even guarantee Europa League football. Top teams have higher standards - it's as if he went to a multi-national company earning billions in profit and managed to make a loss in his first 10 months. He was given tens of millions of pounds to strengthen the side, and his acquisitions have been disasters - Fellani for 30 million?

Bluntly, he didn't do much right :(, and the collective failures damned him. The league position was the culmination of those.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:36 AM »

You, as most people keep forgetting things that were going on around Moyes. It seems that Moyes was never really in charge, from his own short-comings or from the administration.

1) Don’t change the two most important people in the organisation at the same time

Sir Alex Ferguson had been manager of Manchester United for 27 years and David Gill had racked up a decade as chief executive when the duo stepped down last summer. For manager and chief executive at a football club, read chief executive and chairman at a publicly listed company. Allowing both to leave at the same time is dangerous, particularly when their combined leadership has been so successful. Where was the succession planning that didn’t let that happen? And what happened to the board’s oversight of the career decisions of its two most important executives? How many companies have lost their chairman and chief executive at exactly the same time and replaced both with great success?

Once again ah not seeing any correlation between the quote and yuh statement.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: April 24, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »

Once again ah not seeing any correlation between the quote and yuh statement.

Then stop reading with yuh eyes closed. Doh worry Man United is the pinnacle of decency and tradition. This was level  :bs: by Man United, but everyone hanging Moyes out to dry. How many people said this was not a good fit, but yet they still persisted because Ferguson is all knowing.

Another flop by AF, but they not running that in the media though as this is all on Moyes.

But yeah Moyes is shyte   ::)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »
i want to see who the next coach is...giggs will bring the feel good factor but for how long?   on talksport they talking about the class of 92 as if they is some band of gunslingers riding into town to shoot the injuns :D      van gaal will be good, but he ent available until july, klopp ruled himself out, charlton ent want mourinho, pep good at bayern but i feel if he win the cl and the dfb-pokal he might feel he need new challenges...and trust me, that man u job is a big challenge b/c is real players need replacing.  getting in shaw and perhaps cavani will be a good start

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: April 25, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »
lol, dey really say how the fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and City were the happiest at Moyes Hiring and the most upset by his firing..
I wonder why?>
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: April 25, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »
lol, dey really say how the fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and City were the happiest at Moyes Hiring and the most upset by his firing..
I wonder why?>

Who upset?

I just point out Man United Hypocrisy. We beating Man United inspite of the Manager.  ;D

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: April 25, 2014, 11:02:38 AM »
i want to see who the next coach is...giggs will bring the feel good factor but for how long?   on talksport they talking about the class of 92 as if they is some band of gunslingers riding into town to shoot the injuns :D      van gaal will be good, but he ent available until july, klopp ruled himself out, charlton ent want mourinho, pep good at bayern but i feel if he win the cl and the dfb-pokal he might feel he need new challenges...and trust me, that man u job is a big challenge b/c is real players need replacing.  getting in shaw and perhaps cavani will be a good start
It was just recently revealed that SAF want the new coach to be hired for a three year period and then Giggs wil take over. This will not end well and I there will be serious turmoil for years to come. I now understand why Jose was not hired because this class of 92 would have been put in check.
As for Klopp, he is saying the right things, by showing loyalty to BVB, but I think in a subtle way he is asking the Glazers 'How all yuh eh call me yet?"
BVB has become and will continue to be feeder system for Bayern which actually exemplifies Klopp's coaching ability.
Van Gaal is a good choice, but I think Klopp's age, ability and charisma will be a perfect fit for Man-U.

On a side note, if the class of 92 throwing dey hat in the coaching ring, I wonder why  Yorke eh do the same.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:05:16 AM by futbolfan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: April 25, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »
Fergie should be happy his continued input has been "entertained" ...   

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
It was just recently revealed that SAF want the new coach to be hired for a three year period and then Giggs wil take over. This will not end well and I there will be serious turmoil for years to come. I now understand why Jose was not hired because this class of 92 would have been put in check.
As for Klopp, he is saying the right things, by showing loyalty to BVB, but I think in a subtle way he is asking the Glazers 'How all yuh eh call me yet?"
BVB has become and will continue to be feeder system for Bayern which actually exemplifies Klopp's coaching ability.
Van Gaal is a good choice, but I think Klopp's age, ability and charisma will be a perfect fit for Man-U.

On a side note, if the class of 92 throwing dey hat in the coaching ring, I wonder why  Yorke eh do the same.

You wondering why?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Players looked happy, giggs looked happy, fans are happy...

onward to the next game.
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: April 27, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »
Klopp is a nice fit...but he eh moving just so.

Van Gaal....well.....i'd give him a year. He and REAL people go fall out.

Bielsa would be interesting....but not likely.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>