March 28, 2024, 06:12:28 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911139 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5670 on: August 26, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »

Louis van Gaal is a football genius
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: August 26, 2014, 07:27:44 PM »
Get this in a comment section on espnfc.com

"Fergie: A despot/autocrat's power vacuum existing inside the club since he blew out having failed to put into place any of the pieces for a successful transition. To me it speaks to his massive narcissism and egomania. He was always simply using Utd as a means to achieve his own self-aggrandizement. He never loved, nor cared, about the club itself. It was simply the only place that offered him carte blanche to run EVERYTHING after a few years of success. We've seen this same power vacuum movie before in business and in politics."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: August 26, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »
Ah feel your pain fellas; Liverpool had its period in the doldrums too.  Stay strong.... ;)

Doldrums! The current Manu fans don't know the word. 1968 to 1992. That is doldrums.  These fans  are a bunch of spoilt brats.  Also went down to D2 in 1974 for a year.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:10:12 PM by Deeks »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »
we
Ah feel your pain fellas; Liverpool had its period in the doldrums too.  Stay strong.... ;)

:thumbsup:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: August 27, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »

Doldrums! The current Manu fans don't know the word. 1968 to 1992. That is doldrums.  These fans  are a bunch of spoilt brats.  Also went down to D2 in 1974 for a year.

Just be lucky you're not a Charlton fan if that's a doldrum for ya :p

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Well that was unexpected lol

By whom?  the delusional ManUre supporters?  Nutten doh surprise me with them except the denial.  I wonder if they still blaming Moyes fuh dis too :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: August 27, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »

By whom?  the delusional ManUre supporters?  Nutten doh surprise me with them except the denial.  I wonder if they still blaming Moyes fuh dis too :rotfl:

so what yuh sayin....... dat man u issue is purely personnel? .........serious question
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »

I'm an ABU guy, but how can you have expected MK Dons to beat them 4-0? What you been smoking lol. Have you seen MK Dons play? Seriously I know how shite they are, the fact that they beat Man U 4-0 is utterly embarrassing. Hell even Charlton can beat them!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »

so what yuh sayin....... dat man u issue is purely personnel? .........serious question

Mainly.  Last season for me highlighted the fact that Man U had many areas that needed attention.  With the exception of Evra and Jones the defense was shite.  Jones needs to stop being used as a utility player.  He will never grow if he has no one position to concentrate on.  They have been in need of a holding midfielder for quite some time.  Although Felini wasn't the right fit, at least Moyes attempted to address it.  They need either for Kagawa to play replace him.  The team is one dimensional with only the ability to attack from the flanks.  Young needs to go back to a club of Villa's stature as he has never impressed since being there.  There looks to be a morale issue to me among the players.  I also believe there maybe a few who need to be weeded out that may be poisoning the well.  Can't say who though, but last season as a unit they were very unprofessional and gave up on Moyes very early on.  Now they have Van Gaal so I am truly curious to hear the excuses.  Fergie got the best out of a very limited squad.  He did however have Rio and Vidic in their prime, Nani at his best, Carrick to do lot's of the dirty work, Giggs, Scholes and more.  He didn't replace their quality and retired at a very convenient time.  A blind person could see the set up, but somehow ManUre fans were in total denial swearing up and down that it's Moyes fault.  I am not saying Moyes did everything right but he tried with what he had.  Now VG come een and supposed to save them, but how exactly?  ManUre over the last decade hasn't captured a single big name player from any quality team that was desperate to hold onto that player.  RVP doesn't count because he signaled his choice to leave by refusing an extension.  He then decided on MU as opposed to them going after him.  When you look at all the current big sides around the world such as Barca, RM, Chelsea, MC, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, and so forth, none seem to have trouble attracting players.  Even when they were always in contention for the league and a CL fixture that was always the case.  Even Spurs are aggressively going out and seeking talent.  ManUre brings in DiMaria for £59M?  For why?!   

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »

I'm an ABU guy, but how can you have expected MK Dons to beat them 4-0? What you been smoking lol. Have you seen MK Dons play? Seriously I know how shite they are, the fact that they beat Man U 4-0 is utterly embarrassing. Hell even Charlton can beat them!

I expect any team right now to light up ManUre especially if the full 1st XI not on the field.  To me it eh matter who they playing. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: August 27, 2014, 12:43:04 PM »
No CL and getting lit up by small sides.  Di Maria must be so vex eh.  He's a defending CL champion!

A man named Reeve hit allyuh a no-look pass to set up a goal lol
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:45:59 PM by Peong »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »

I expect any team right now to light up ManUre especially if the full 1st XI not on the field.  To me it eh matter who they playing.

Lol you are very pessimistic :p They still have good players, but not much of a team.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Mainly.  Last season for me highlighted the fact that Man U had many areas that needed attention.  With the exception of Evra and Jones the defense was shite.  Jones needs to stop being used as a utility player.  He will never grow if he has no one position to concentrate on.  They have been in need of a holding midfielder for quite some time.  Although Felini wasn't the right fit, at least Moyes attempted to address it.  They need either for Kagawa to play replace him.  The team is one dimensional with only the ability to attack from the flanks.  Young needs to go back to a club of Villa's stature as he has never impressed since being there.  There looks to be a morale issue to me among the players.  I also believe there maybe a few who need to be weeded out that may be poisoning the well.  Can't say who though, but last season as a unit they were very unprofessional and gave up on Moyes very early on.  Now they have Van Gaal so I am truly curious to hear the excuses.  Fergie got the best out of a very limited squad.  He did however have Rio and Vidic in their prime, Nani at his best, Carrick to do lot's of the dirty work, Giggs, Scholes and more.  He didn't replace their quality and retired at a very convenient time.  A blind person could see the set up, but somehow ManUre fans were in total denial swearing up and down that it's Moyes fault.  I am not saying Moyes did everything right but he tried with what he had.  Now VG come een and supposed to save them, but how exactly?  ManUre over the last decade hasn't captured a single big name player from any quality team that was desperate to hold onto that player.  RVP doesn't count because he signaled his choice to leave by refusing an extension.  He then decided on MU as opposed to them going after him.  When you look at all the current big sides around the world such as Barca, RM, Chelsea, MC, PSG, Juventus, Bayern, and so forth, none seem to have trouble attracting players.  Even when they were always in contention for the league and a CL fixture that was always the case.  Even Spurs are aggressively going out and seeking talent.  ManUre brings in DiMaria for £59M?  For why?!   

nice break down man, I have a clearer understanding of the issues now.........have to admit though....i was in d moyes eh ready crew.....more based on what martinez did with everton, but bakes set mih straight .....somewhat...on dat score a while back too so it good to get a clearer view of things

I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: August 27, 2014, 09:16:16 PM »
nice break down man, I have a clearer understanding of the issues now.........have to admit though....i was in d moyes eh ready crew.....more based on what martinez did with everton, but bakes set mih straight .....somewhat...on dat score a while back too so it good to get a clearer view of things

Moyes was always an easy target... dull and boring as he was.  His own frustrations with management made the jump to United easy.  I think that is what opened eyes at Goodison, and when they got Martinez it was with the promise that they'd spend more, which they have.  If you go back and check their transfer outlay for the past decade you'd see how much of a different era it is for them now.  And while we're on the topic of spending money, consider a factoid I saw posted on FB... £213m pounds spent on 8 players, who have made 35 starts so far, yet only scored 7 goals (all by Mata).

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:45 AM »

Moyes was always an easy target... dull and boring as he was.  His own frustrations with management made the jump to United easy.  I think that is what opened eyes at Goodison, and when they got Martinez it was with the promise that they'd spend more, which they have.  If you go back and check their transfer outlay for the past decade you'd see how much of a different era it is for them now.  And while we're on the topic of spending money, consider a factoid I saw posted on FB... £213m pounds spent on 8 players, who have made 35 starts so far, yet only scored 7 goals (all by Mata).

:beermug: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: August 28, 2014, 08:26:40 AM »

I can say who doh ... RVP.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: August 28, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »

Can't disagree but relative to last season he would certainly have needed the support of Rooney, Giggs, Rio, Vidic and Carrick.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: August 28, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

Can't disagree but relative to last season he would certainly have needed the support of Rooney, Giggs, Rio, Vidic and Carrick.
Nice breakdown. I was about to dismiss you as just another hater before this. I think we could probably manage without the DM but we definitely need to improve that defense. I think Rio was past it, but losing Evra AND Vidic really hurt.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: August 30, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
*cough*
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 30, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
As the saying goes, "it will get worse before it gets better". Let's see how much patience we'll have with Val Gaal, since we're in a time where everyone wants to win now!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: September 01, 2014, 04:27:40 AM »
Falcao to United confirmed

Loan
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: September 01, 2014, 05:32:37 AM »
I don't understand the logic behind this move. This has to be the agent chaining up something.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:20 AM »
Big big signing for ManU. Doesn't address the other glaring needs but the strategy might simply be to score more than the defense concedes. Definite upgrade to Wellbeck and the Mexican.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: September 01, 2014, 06:21:14 AM »
With the defence how it is that is even a bigger gamble. Service to the strikers shoddy at best. Still doesn't address the midfield issue. They hesitate over Vidal for the whole transfer season because of doubt with his knees, which is a position that actually needs to be reinforced.. Yet take a striker which not as urgent who coming back from a major knee problem himself. No word yet on areas that actually need addressing. Is Kamla handling transfers or wha? Why everything looking like it just done by vaps so for PR?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: September 01, 2014, 06:57:22 AM »
This team going to take a while to gel. Is basically a new team constructed in a few months / weeks
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: September 01, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »
even though we are not doing too well at the moment, at least we have a proven style from LVG that we are working to.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »
I really don't understand why Monaco would loan him out, and why he would agree to be loaned to a non-CL team.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: September 01, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »
We need Vidal
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: September 01, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
I don't understand the logic behind this move. This has to be the agent chaining up something.
RVP knee has not healed from ligament injury and he is supposed to have surgery which will rule him out for a period of time. So the signing makes sense seeing that Chicarito gone to Real Madrid and Wellbeck heading to Arsenal or Spurs.
Looks like it is a bargain deal with an option to buy at the end of the season. Plus the owner of Monaco is in a bitter divorce battle and is selling players like nobody business.
So in a nutshell, this seems like a luxury signing, but Rooney is the only healthy, proven striker on the books.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:12:37 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>