March 28, 2024, 07:23:32 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911170 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5700 on: September 01, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
346000 pounds a week on a loan player... A striker... With unproven fitness after an ACL injury... And a glaring midfield problem which would impact service to said striker.

Colour me skeptical. I hear Blind signed too. Preferred Carvalho.. But such is life. The finance picture eh so promising right now if this gamble doesn't work out.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: September 01, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »

346000 pounds a week on a loan player... A striker... With unproven fitness after an ACL injury... And a glaring midfield problem which would impact service to said striker.

Colour me skeptical. I hear Blind signed too. Preferred Carvalho.. But such is life. The finance picture eh so promising right now if this gamble doesn't work out.

Man U displaying the heights of desperation with that Falcao loan signing.  That is not where they really need to strengthen.  That new chairman, Woodward, is a proper waste of time.  He is horrible at dealing with transfers. 

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: September 01, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »

Man U displaying the heights of desperation with that Falcao loan signing.  That is not where they really need to strengthen.  That new chairman, Woodward, is a proper waste of time.  He is horrible at dealing with transfers.

Might have problems arranging sex in a Brothel. Steups.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:27:31 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: September 01, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
looks like no vidal oh well
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: September 01, 2014, 04:48:58 PM »
looks like no vidal oh well

pardna..he was never coming

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: September 01, 2014, 07:06:18 PM »
Somebody, anybody ... Just acquire Zlatan and done!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: September 01, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »
Stat: Falcao, Rooney + RVP = £866K per week > Bale, Ronaldo & Messi = £850K per week

Rooney in some big company

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: September 01, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »
This shit is annoying, players that I like going to clubs that I dislike.
Now I hadda watch Man U games steups. 
Plus man u are taking good players out of the Champions league.
Di Maria, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Herrera all came from clubs that qualified.
 :pissedoff:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: September 01, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »
This shit is annoying, players that I like going to clubs that I dislike.
Now I hadda watch Man U games steups. 
Plus man u are taking good players out of the Champions league.
Di Maria, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Herrera all came from clubs that qualified.
 :pissedoff:

Hahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Man U wreak of desperation. ;D

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: September 02, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »
Well I definitely didn't see that coming! Can't argue too much with it but it does leave me wondering what LVG has in mind in terms of how he's going to make this work. How's he finding enough playing time for RVP, Rooney, Di Maria, Mata, Herrera and Falcao with no Champion's League games? How does he plan to work out the issues in defense and defensive mid? Anyways I guess that's why they pay him the big bucks. It's going to be an interesting year. Can't wait to see this team in action once they gel.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: September 02, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »
Utter madness.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: September 03, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »
Well I definitely didn't see that coming! Can't argue too much with it but it does leave me wondering what LVG has in mind in terms of how he's going to make this work. How's he finding enough playing time for RVP, Rooney, Di Maria, Mata, Herrera and Falcao with no Champion's League games? How does he plan to work out the issues in defense and defensive mid? Anyways I guess that's why they pay him the big bucks. It's going to be an interesting year. Can't wait to see this team in action once they gel.

He will play Blind in the hole I imagine. This does not address the lack of a defensive general.  Despite his recent injury seasons, I think Vidic would have been very useful in that role.  ManU had ample time to line up a replacement given it was no secret last season was announced as Vidic' last season in OT.  RVP is gonna be out so if Falcao can get back up to his Atletico form then he would have replaced what RVP delivered a few seasons ago.  The only problem with that concept is that given Falcao is returning from injury and now will be playing in what looks to be the most physically brutal of all the top leagues.  Will he be ablo to get back up to his usual goal scoring and fitness wise is he ready for the EPL?  Still no midfielder with the vision of Fabs, Gerrard, Sigurdson, etc. who can slice a defense open with a through ball.  So more than likely still down the flanks and cross away.  At least with DiMaria there is a player that can actually beat men and get into the box for either a shot or an assist.  I can't see why or how this will elevate this team past any of last seasons top six.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: September 03, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »

He will play Blind in the hole I imagine. This does not address the lack of a defensive general.  Despite his recent injury seasons, I think Vidic would have been very useful in that role.  ManU had ample time to line up a replacement given it was no secret last season was announced as Vidic' last season in OT.  RVP is gonna be out so if Falcao can get back up to his Atletico form then he would have replaced what RVP delivered a few seasons ago.  The only problem with that concept is that given Falcao is returning from injury and now will be playing in what looks to be the most physically brutal of all the top leagues.  Will he be ablo to get back up to his usual goal scoring and fitness wise is he ready for the EPL?  Still no midfielder with the vision of Fabs, Gerrard, Sigurdson, etc. who can slice a defense open with a through ball.  So more than likely still down the flanks and cross away.  At least with DiMaria there is a player that can actually beat men and get into the box for either a shot or an assist.  I can't see why or how this will elevate this team past any of last seasons top six.
If by "in the hole" you mean as the defensive mid, I'd tend to agree. Probably in a central midfield partnership involving some combination of Carrick and/or Fellaini. I also think that given LVGs preference for versatility in his players there's going to be a fair amount of positional rotation going on, in that Blind may end up playing defense some games, Rooney might play in the hole behind RVP and Falcao some games, and he might drop back to a 4 at the back late in games when they're leading. Forgot about Herrera but he's not available for now anyway.

As for lining up replacements for Vidic, etc. according to Scholes or Neville they scouted a few last season but felt that most weren't ready. e.g. they felt the french CB that City signed wasn't worth $32M that was requested yet.

Found the article. It was Neville: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29018901
"They need a centre-back and they need a central midfielder. But Falcao is a world class player.

"Who are the centre-backs out there that United could buy today? There are not many.

"I don't think the quality is out there - we have seen that by some of the defending throughout European football. I was out every week last season scouting - we looked at Eliaquim Mangala, Thomas Vermaelen and Mats Hummels.

"Mangala - who ended up joining Manchester City for £32m - is young, raw, quick, but is the fourth choice centre-back for France. He has the attributes to go higher but for that money I thought he wasn't up it.

"Hummels is captain of Borussia Dortmund and they said he wasn't leaving. United tried for Vermaelen, who went to Barcelona, and ended up with Marcos Rojo who was probably second choice."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:28:15 PM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: September 03, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
I like Blind as a player, he's more of a utility mid- for the Dutch national team, but that's not a knock on him being unsettled in any one area, but more a token of his all-round ability.  It was his pass from the left sideline that set Van Persie up for the flying header against Spain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5715 on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »
That Utd lineup today looking beastly
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:33:37 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: September 14, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
That Utd lineup today looking beastly not

it look like curve finally startin to swing up.....even if is only QPR
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: September 14, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
Di Maria looking like a bargain at 60 million. He is so much faster than everyone else.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: September 14, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »
Falcao on! QPR getting slaughtered
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
Ah yes Glory Glory. On to next game.
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: September 15, 2014, 09:17:45 AM »
Di Maria looking like a bargain at 60 million. He is so much faster than everyone else.

"He is so much faster than everyone else."  I think you forgot to qualify that with "on that lousy QPR team" lol.

Meanwhile it good too see ManUre fans getting excited even if is only QPR they beat up.  It will be even better to watch allyuh moan at the end when allyuh finish outside the top 4 :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: September 15, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
Rio Ferdinand keep proving he's ah hairy one.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »

"He is so much faster than everyone else."  I think you forgot to qualify that with "on that lousy QPR team" lol.

Meanwhile it good too see ManUre fans getting excited even if is only QPR they beat up.  It will be even better to watch allyuh moan at the end when allyuh finish outside the top 4 :rotfl:

I was actually talking about his own teammates. I eh see anyone on Man-U team who could keep up with him on a counter attack.
Falcao may possibly be the only fwd who could keep up with his pace, but I have not seen enough of him post injury.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »

I was actually talking about his own teammates. I eh see anyone on Man-U team who could keep up with him on a counter attack.
Falcao may possibly be the only fwd who could keep up with his pace, but I have not seen enough of him post injury.

Falcao was never all that quick.  He is crafty and a precision finisher.  I think Falcao just instinctively knows where to be much like Costa is proving for us.  Seems like Atletico have ah forward factory because they keep producing even when they get poached by bigger teams/ better financed.  Is like ah conveyor belt roll on roll off

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: September 15, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »

Falcao was never all that quick.  He is crafty and a precision finisher.  I think Falcao just instinctively knows where to be much like Costa is proving for us.  Seems like Atletico have ah forward factory because they keep producing even when they get poached by bigger teams/ better financed.  Is like ah conveyor belt roll on roll off
I have to admit that I was completely wrong about Costa. I know it is early but he is making it look easy.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: September 15, 2014, 03:43:42 PM »
I have to admit that I was completely wrong about Costa. I know it is early but he is making it look easy.

Except for the fact that Costa looks primed to match/ better his output of last season, its not much different than Torres looked when he first came over from Atleti.  Something about their strikers and a natural ability it would seem to hit the ground running in other leagues.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
If we get Ronaldo in January that would be the icing on the cake
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: September 21, 2014, 08:04:41 AM »
Bogus penalty for Leicester City, but Raphael come steaming in, and the forward took the opportunity to go down. Ashley Young liked it  :devil:

Leicester is a jumbie side.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
Bogus penalty for Leicester City, but Raphael come steaming in, and the forward took the opportunity to go down. Ashley Young liked it  :devil:

Leicester is a jumbie side.
ent ;D :D
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: September 21, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »
lawd fadder!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :rotfl: :-\
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>