March 28, 2024, 02:08:45 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911429 times)

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5820 on: February 28, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »
Rash#@#%*ford!!!
Yea dat youthman is living the dream right now, 4 goals in 2 games.
The surprise to me has been Memphis! In the past 2 games he has been a completely different player. I didn't even know he was such a skillful player. He was taking on men and they had no answer for him.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: February 28, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »
The surprise to me has been Memphis!In the past 2 games he has been a completely different player. I didn't even know he was such a skillful player. He was taking on men and they had no answer for him.

You look at him and say: "Fergie would have bought him too." He rell geh orn today.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: February 28, 2016, 11:16:02 AM »

Ketch Mourinho before he leave de stadium!

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: February 28, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
The surprise to me has been Memphis!In the past 2 games he has been a completely different player. I didn't even know he was such a skillful player. He was taking on men and they had no answer for him.

You look at him and say: "Fergie would have bought him too." He rell geh orn today.
Check him here in the game last Thur vs Midtjylland https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6VD5FbeZc

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: February 29, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: April 12, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »
Since van Gaal started work at Manchester United, the club's value has dropped significantly.
That is more than significant. That is bordering on precipitous!

Quite right! Indeed, dahis precisely the word I entered but erased pending a second read of the article.

When do we say hello to Mourinho?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:19 AM »
Since van Gaal started work at Manchester United, the club's value has dropped significantly.
That is more than significant. That is bordering on precipitous!

Quite right! Indeed, dahis precisely the word I entered but erased pending a second read of the article.

When do we say hello to Mourinho?

Hopefully never! I'm not convinced that he is the answer!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: April 13, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »
Boy dis side is real pressure! Everytime yuh ready to write them off dey does pull something out de fire.
From de BBC Sport football site MOTD commentators notes:
Steve Wilson: " United may have been drubbed by Spurs on Sunday, but just when you think Louis van Gaal's fate is sealed they seem to come up with a win - as Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City will testify."
Now yuh could add West Ham to dat list!  :beermug:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: April 13, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »
Let LVG stay. I think its the best long term option.

Let Jose stay where he is.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 17, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
Rashford just left Bournemouth a parting gift. United with their second goal managed to scrape together as many goals for the season as Sunderland! Mercy.

De Gea was seconds away from a clean sheet before Smalling nixed DeGea's Golden Glove prospects.

(By the Mose, ah bredrin asked Mourinho where he going to be ... he confirmed _______. Stay tuned. England fuh sure he said. It on lock.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 17, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »
Rashford just left Bournemouth a parting gift. United with their second goal managed to scrape together as many goals for the season as Sunderland! Mercy.

De Gea was seconds away from a clean sheet before Smalling nixed DeGea's Golden Glove prospects.

(By the Mose, ah bredrin asked Mourinho where he going to be ... he confirmed _______. Stay tuned. England fuh sure he said. It on lock.

Well if that is the case then ah hope we doh end up regretting it. At least we go probably get a quick title or two out of it as that is his record.

Honestly, right now I wouldn't mind if they send both he and LVG by the bar and buy them a few rounds. Give the side to Giggs and give him a couple of years to develop the youngsters. But it have people they paying big money to make those decisions, so I hope they have better sense than me! :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: May 18, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
Give the side to Giggs and give him a couple of years to develop the youngsters.

Well that is an option. But the minute they start losing, of with his head. It have no loyalty here. Just win.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: May 18, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
Although the calls from the fans to be rid of him may come once they start losing they're not likely to actually fire him till they're out of Europe. That's the only reason LVG is still around. He's managed to keep them in Europe. Moyes was only dropped once it was certain they wouldn't be in Europe the following season. Being out of Europe hurts the bottom line and that's what the Glazers are about, making money.

If Giggs, or whoever for that matter, can keep them in the European football conversation then they'll have a chance at sticking around.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: May 18, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »
So allyuh Arsene Wenger is ah boss?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: May 18, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
So allyuh Arsene Wenger is ah boss?
You tell me! 21(?) consecutive top 4 finishes!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:29 AM »
Better LVG finish off his last year and then give it to Giggs. Honestly this season the players didn't rise to crucial occasions (Martial aside).

Can't see it really getting better with Jose. He'll as usual self destruct within two to three years.

LVG over thinking on the system. A good ball playing center back... Somebody solid in the middle... And allowing the players to be more reflexive when possible would do.

And yes Wenger's consistency cannot be really questioned.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
Better LVG finish off his last year and then give it to Giggs. Honestly this season the players didn't rise to crucial occasions (Martial aside).

Can't see it really getting better with Jose. He'll as usual self destruct within two to three years.

LVG over thinking on the system. A good ball playing center back... Somebody solid in the middle... And allowing the players to be more reflexive when possible would do.

And yes Wenger's consistency cannot be really questioned.

What I doh understand is they complaining about boring, dull football and in the same breath calling for Jose who is a master at parking the big bus! Cyah understand that at all!

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: May 21, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »
FA Cup trophy  :beermug:

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: May 21, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
Van Gaal ain even get chance to soak in the triumph....axe de man one time.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: May 22, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »
Van Gaal ain even get chance to soak in the triumph....axe de man one time.

Mendes and Jose like they leak it before the game...and the media only to glad to lap it up. Totally classless...which isnt surprising given who it is.

If it does happen I think I taking a sabbatical from being a United fan. Putting Jose right now...was like the decision the country faced in 2010 in putting Kamla....anybody who know the people involved cant help but think this wont end well.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: May 22, 2016, 10:25:28 PM »
jose has grown more petulant and self centered in his old age and with it lost the charisma dat made him bearable at best to players, to the point that he lost Chelsea's locker room .....even while we were winning he seemed distant from the team....somehow I doh see dat personality shift not transferring to Manu at some point, if not immediately.
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: May 23, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »
jose has grown more petulant and self centered in his old age and with it lost the charisma dat made him bearable at best to players, to the point that he lost Chelsea's locker room .....even while we were winning he seemed distant from the team....somehow I doh see dat personality shift not transferring to Manu at some point, if not immediately.

You eh hadda tell me that.

The episode with the physio...and his unrepentant stance despite what iced the cake for me.

Plus you know how some player that shares the same agent going and just be purchased or loaned regardless of team needs (ie Falcao).

Let Maureen stay so with he drama queen ways. I go take LVG for a year and then Giggs afterward if anything. That was the plan. Warwood and the Glazers milking enough money from the commercial side to make the most of things as they are now.

Yeah the current squad thin...because the intention always was to promote youth players. With Jose there that eh going and happen.
A next set of money would have to spend...if it doesnt..he will gripe about not getting support. If he doe get it his excuse is (and while valid) it takes about 2 years to buy into his system. Problem is by year three everybody fed up of he heaviness and ways and everything would go to hell.

I go take LVG for a year. Unfortunately the media has their agenda...(especially the UK Guardian) and they only too glad to push this head and rachet up speculation. The man eh even get to celebrate winning the FA cup properly. That just about as classless as Perez treated Del Bosque.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: May 23, 2016, 05:20:10 AM »
jose has grown more petulant and self centered in his old age and .......

has grown ..... ??      Breds, dah man has always been that way. We fans don't make boardroom decisions. But we do have a final say. Boycott!! or go with flow. If we winning, he will continue to be the special one. If we losing, he will be the special goat.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:23:11 AM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: May 23, 2016, 07:16:58 AM »
jose has grown more petulant and self centered in his old age and .......

has grown ..... ??      Breds, dah man has always been that way. We fans don't make boardroom decisions. But we do have a final say. Boycott!! or go with flow. If we winning, he will continue to be the special one. If we losing, he will be the special goat.
I mean it get worse as opposed to before.
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: May 23, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
Imagine how much worse he could get with Pep at city. Plus the English media.

In fact that's the main reason they pushing it. The hype equals sales.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: May 23, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
Pep brings out the best in Mo.  He always wants to beat Pep and that determination brings the kind of fighting spirit that has been lacking for some time @ ManUre.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: May 23, 2016, 03:42:03 PM »
Pep brings out the best in Mo.  He always wants to beat Pep and that determination brings the kind of fighting spirit that has been lacking for some time @ ManUre.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/23/pep-guardiola-jose-mourinho-manchester-city-united-rivalry

Pep Guardiola took his seat at the Santiago Bernabéu, looked up at the cameras pointing his way from the back of the room, asked which one was José Mourinho’s and, concluding that they must all be, began. It was the eve of the 2011 Champions League semi-final and Guardiola came out fighting. What followed was a long, pointed monologue aimed at his adversary, a settling of scores with a touch of the title weigh-in about it. “In this [press] room, he is the puto jefe, the puto amo – the f**king boss, the f**king master,” Guardiola insisted. “And I don’t want to compete with him for a moment.”

Now he will have to, all over again. José Mourinho versus Pep Guardiola has moved to Manchester. “I know him and he knows me,” Guardiola said that night. They had worked together at Barcelona, captain and assistant coach; had faced each other as managers on either side of the clásico divide; and briefly met when Chelsea played Bayern Munich in the 2013 European Super Cup; this time they share a city, a rivalry renewed. The two biggest names, elevated to comic-book or cinematic status. “Ah, Mr Pep, we meet again … ” perhaps, or, “This town ain’t big enough for the both of us”.
José Mourinho can mould an exciting, attacking Manchester United side
Michael Cox
Read more

It almost feels as if it had to be this way; that once City got Guardiola, United had to get his arch enemy, a counter-reaction for every reaction; as if this was a decision driven by personality and status. Opposites who attract. On some basic, emotional level: if City have a big name, United have to have a bigger one. On a footballing one: if City have Guardiola, United have to seek out a guarantee, the one man who can stop him. There may be others who could, of course, but that is how it is set up. And so the pattern is repeated. When Madrid signed Mourinho in the summer of 2010 his mission was simple: to defeat Guardiola and bring down Barcelona.

The mission stood before him daily. A life-sized cardboard cut-out used to be propped up in Mourinho’s office at Valdebebas depicting him sprinting across the Camp Nou turf, finger in the air, celebrating at the end of the 2010 Champions League semi-final. Internazionale had reached the final, Barcelona had not. For Madrid, there was relief and revelation: Mourinho had rescued them from watching the Catalan club lift the trophy at the Bernabéu. Now he had to complete the job. The plan was one with which United are familiar: to knock their rivals off their perch.

So Mourinho set about waging war, on and off the pitch. Conflict was his cause and it became increasingly personal. Perhaps it always had been: even Guardiola had told Barcelona’s president Joan Laporta that it would be easier to make Mourinho Barça manager in 2008, but he had been chosen instead. Mourinho, who once declared that Barcelona would be “for ever” in his heart, wanted the job. Then there was the task before him, an enormous one requiring shock tactics: Guardiola’s team had won the treble in 2009 and the league in 2010. Only he had prevented them reaching a second successive European Cup final.

Mourinho sought to break up the relationship that had built between Madrid and Barcelona players who had just won the 2010 World Cup together with Spain, telling them that he had been there and he knew that their Catalan colleagues hated Spain and would never truly be their friends. He bemoaned referees and committees, favourable fixtures and even teams that did not try; in short, a campaign against his club. Somehow Madrid and Mourinho were projected as the powerless little man, the victims.

His campaign against Barcelona was relentless – even if he rarely referred to them by name, preferring to cite “other clubs”. He attacked their elevation to untouchable status and their image as the game’s good guys, their projection of themselves as the sole defenders of “football”, as if no other style was legitimate. He railed against their “purity” and blamelessness. He accused them of diving and pressuring officials, who favoured them. He insisted that, behind the mask, he and Guardiola were not so different, prompting the Barcelona manager to promise he would revise his behaviour. And on match days, he ordered his team into battle. Almost literally at times. The red cards received reinforced his narrative and it spilled over often.

Most famously of all, he sneaked round behind Barcelona’s assistant coach Tito Vilanova and poked him in the eye. When he was asked about it after the game, he claimed not to know “this Pito Vilanova or whatever his name is”. He knew very well who he was, just as he knew that Pito is Spanish for “cock”.

So the spiral spun, the century-old rivalry seemingly more bitter, more intense than ever before. Trenches were dug deeper, divides opening up even within his own club. There may be excitement about the two men meeting again in Manchester but by the end of the battle for Spain, it was largely tiresome and unpleasant. Perhaps a different environment, different teams, different demands, will change that. Or perhaps not.
José Mourinho’s Manchester United task list as he prepares for Old Trafford
Read more

Mourinho and Guardiola left a year apart, neither of them seeming happy or fulfilled, both a little burnt. When Guardiola departed, he was asked about his memories of the clásicos, the biggest club game on the planet with the best players. He had seen a 6-2, a 5-0, a 2-0 in the European Cup semi-final, some of the best moments in his club’s history, but his reply was telling: “I don’t have good memories of them,” he said. Others looked back on those four clásicos in 18 days in 2011 and struggled to remember the football through the fog.
Advertisement

“We didn’t bring Mourinho here to make friends,” said Emilio Butragueño, Madrid’s institutional director. Those he did make were determined defenders. Some presented him as a crusader for the truth, fighting Madrid’s corner; others as paranoid and pernicious. “I don’t fancy talking about him,” Andrés Iniesta told El País. “But it’s clear that Mourinho did more harm than good; he damaged Spanish football.” Mourinho responded by saying that Spanish football, which he pointedly noted had come to be seen as synonymous with the Catalan club, had been “damaged” because he had “ended Barcelona’s hegemony”.

In 2012 Madrid all but claimed the league with a 2-1 win at the Camp Nou, beginning a run of just one defeat in seven clásicos. Mourinho is the only manager in eight years to take Madrid to the league title, and in his first season his team took the Copa del Rey from Barcelona. Guardiola failed to win just four trophies out of 18 when at the Camp Nou, but three of the four were lost to Mourinho’s sides. Yet, in two years of Pep versus José in Spain, Guardiola had won three major trophies, Mourinho two. A league title and a cup for Mourinho versus a league title, a cup and a European Cup for Guardiola.

When Guardiola went at the end of the 2011-12 season, it was as if Mourinho had been orphaned, without a rival to fight against. Can’t live with him, can’t live without him? He ended up fighting with his own players, finishing the season empty-handed and 15 points behind as Barcelona, now under Vilanova, took the title back. If some Mourinho defenders totted up Guardiola’s departure as another victory, proof that he had been beaten by the better man, it did not make Madrid winners.

They might have learnt. Some gloated that Guardiola had lost it when he launched that puto amo rant in 2011, the night when a dam had burst and he gave some back, but what subsequently happened on the field suggested otherwise. Mourinho had broken him, some said, really gotten under his skin; he had finally cracked with all the pressure. But the response was planned and the following night, Barcelona won 2-0 at the Bernabéu, Mourinho whining “Why? Why? Why?” afterwards, going off on a wild rant about the dark forces of Unicef and Uefa.

“Josep Guardiola is a fantastic coach,” Mourinho said, “but I have won two Champions Leagues. He has won [only] one Champions League and that is one that would embarrass me. I would be ashamed to have won it with the scandal of Stamford Bridge and if he wins it this year it will be with the scandal of the Bernabéu. I hope that one day he can win a proper Champions League. Deep down, if they are good people, it cannot taste right for them. I hope one day Guardiola has the chance of winning a brilliant, clean championship with no scandal.”

Guardiola did win it that year. Mourinho has two as well. Neither has added to the tally since. They headed in different directions: to Germany, where Guardiola won three league titles and two cups; and to England, where Mourinho won one league title and the League Cup. Now, their paths meet again, in Manchester.

That conduct is his best? Wow nice.

I always thought that the treatment of Eva the physio was probably as bad as he could get. Looking forward to how much better this best going and be.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
Ah well, it is done!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36363365
Jose Mourinho: Man Utd confirm former Chelsea boss as new manager

Jose Mourinho has been officially confirmed as Manchester United manager and has signed a three-year contract.

He replaces Dutchman Louis van Gaal, who was dismissed on Monday, two days after the club's FA Cup win.

"Jose is quite simply the best manager in the game today," said United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Mourinho, 53, said: "To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world."

Guess is time to get with de program. Here's to hoping we don't regret this decision.  :beermug:

1]; } ?>