March 28, 2024, 04:41:32 AM

Author Topic: North East Stars/AC Port of Spain Thread  (Read 34455 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/12 North East Stars preseason Thread.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 01:17:09 AM »
One step at a time hoss....don't run before we can walk lol

Ha ha... ah find allyuh breezing along too much up dey... must find something to nitpick at, lol.  That used to be my old stomping ground though, went to primary school at Guaico Pres.  Long time now ah saying ah need to go back and visit.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:28 AM »

Ha ha... ah find allyuh breezing along too much up dey... must find something to nitpick at, lol.  That used to be my old stomping ground though, went to primary school at Guaico Pres.  Long time now ah saying ah need to go back and visit.

That is the school along the main rd as you after you pass D'Amerie Hill as you go into Grande?
By the way, I think the sign at the ground says Damerie Hill now!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
NE Stars still not winning anything. They are a fete side, Shurland David is riding on luck, Sancho is a pretty boy who not getting one red cent from Jack Warner.

Joe Public will surprise many this season, remember I say so.

Jack will raise again !!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »

NE Stars still not winning anything. They are a fete side, Shurland David is riding on luck, Sancho is a pretty boy who not getting one red cent from Jack Warner.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl: FF yuh have the non-verbal response down pat!

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »

That is the school along the main rd as you after you pass D'Amerie Hill as you go into Grande?

Yeah, that's the school self... it probably does, the further we get from our (French) heritage the more certain things fade away.  Sad to say I only visited Grande a handful of times after graduating primary school... lived in Valencia and after that everything was Arima and west.  Last time I was in TnT was two years ago and I leave Valencia headed for Grande fuh ah visit... next thing one piece ah rain came down as I was about to hit the stretch.  Didn't trust the tires on the car I was driving so ah say lemmih leave that for another day, lol.  I'll definitely have to come check allyuh out when I come doh.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

Yeah, that's the school self... it probably does, the further we get from our (French) heritage the more certain things fade away.  Sad to say I only visited Grande a handful of times after graduating primary school... lived in Valencia and after that everything was Arima and west.  Last time I was in TnT was two years ago and I leave Valencia headed for Grande fuh ah visit... next thing one piece ah rain came down as I was about to hit the stretch.  Didn't trust the tires on the car I was driving so ah say lemmih leave that for another day, lol.  I'll definitely have to come check allyuh out when I come doh.

Ok, I visited that school few weeks ago. And I checked, Damerie Hill is no longer French lol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »

Erm, you are definately some kind of hibernating creature as you seem to have missed 2010 altogether.

NE won Lucozade Shield, runners up in FA Trophy and Toyota classic (on pens)

I don't think Sancho is particularly pretty, but he does currently have $200,000 of Jacks money and so do the other 12, and the lawyers have been paid. (Message to Jack: The boys are enjoying your money and don't forget you will be giving them a lot more soon, so its a good idea to get your boy Horner some spectacles as he clearly can't read newspapers)

You may be correct about JP. They're a nice side with good staff. However, I think the surprise you're referring to is that they will no longer have a home ground unless they begin paying rent like every other club. Chuck Blazer says he has no interest in sponsoring Joe Public, so get off my ground or pay.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »
NE Stars win one cup since God knows when and they came runners up, not even champions and you bragging. !

Tell me this, in what position did they finish the league in ?

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
Of course I'm bragging. Who else appeared in more cup finals this year? And teams like Joe Public, DF, WC, Ma Pau didn't take a year out and have to rebuild from scratch. In any country in the world, that is a remarkable feat.

As you are well aware, NE finished 7th equal on points with Jab who finished 6th on goal difference. Not an amazing position, but it was NE stated intention to win one cup and finish in the top 6. They were also promised assistance with the field in Grande, but after the change in govt, this was withdrawn, so they didn't play a single home game. I am convinced they would have won at least 4 more points with home advantage. And, according to the Pro League, they still managed to be the best supported team.

I feel they come close enough.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:29 AM »
Japs, N/East Stars sponsor cricket gear

By Walter Alibey Tuesday, August 2 2011

PROFESSIONAL Football outfit North East Stars and chicken experts Japs Fried Chicken — combined recently to bring some much needed help to the children of Rio Claro Asja Muslim School.

The school was the beneficiary of cricket equipment as well as critical advice on setting goals for themselves by players from North East Stars.

The decision to assist the school came from talks between North East striker Anthony Wolfe and his brother Fitzroy who is a manager at the fast food outlet in Rio Claro.

The idea also coincided with the club’s intention to roll into communities to spread the awareness of the club and give back to the people who have supported them.

In a release yesterday Wolfe (Fitzroy) said “I have been a manager at Japs for the past two-and-a-half years and I have always wanted to do something to help youngsters improve their sporting skills.

Sports is often the only way out for some children and I wanted to help in some way.”

Fitzroy was quick to clarify his decision to distribute cricket equipment and not football ones considering his brother represented Trinidad and Tobago at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

“Asja is a strong cricketing school and as such equipment for this was more in demand.”

The other Wolfe (Anthony) said, however, that he is keen on promoting any sport.

“Apart from promoting team work and enhancing individual skills and fitness, it is important to encourage youngsters to be involved in disciplined, supervised activities rather than roaming the streets without dreams and ambition.”

The presentation was made to the principal of Asja Abzal Abdool and Yanik Garcia, a promising cricketer.

Garcia was also given a special award for his contribution to the school in the field of cricket.

Meanwhile Darryl Mahabir, owner of Japs Fried Chicken, and president of North East Stars said his club will embark on a programme that will take them to the different communities this season.

“Rio Claro is a ‘Japs’ town and we are not only proud to be supported by the community but we feel it is our duty to submerge ourselves into the fabric of the community. Projects like this one makes me immensely proud. I think both Japs and North East Stars believe in supporting communities.”

Mahabir gave the assurance that both North East Stars and Japs will work closely this year to provide customers with promotions such as match-day tickets and replica jerseys among others.

Meanwhile the club is preparing for the 2011 season and Anthony said they are expecting a really good season.

They are hoping to be the club to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Caribbean and Concacaf Club Championships.

The Shurland David-coached team has already intensified their training and are rumoured to have a few surprise recruits on their roster this year.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »
North East Stars target improved season

Monday, August 8 2011 Newsday

MEMBERS OF the North East Stars football team are eyeing an improved Pro League campaign, as the 2011-2012 season kicks off on August 19.

North East Stars, who returned to the Pro League fold last season, after a year hiatus, won the Lucozade Sport Goal Shield but were the runners-up in the FA Trophy and Toyota Classic Finals. In the League however, they finished seventh in the 10-team contest.

Striker Anthony Wolfe, in a Pro League website article, contented, “last season is last season, and I don’t like to dwell too much on spilled milk.

“We didn’t do too well reaching three finals and just winning one,” continued the Trinidad and Tobago utility player. “But this season we are coming out hard against all teams, playing to the best of our ability and making sure that we bring trophies back to Sangre Grande and our sponsors. We are taking every team as big teams especially in the Cup competitions. I was really disappointed when we played Ma Pau — a team I’ve been with before — and we lost on penalty kicks when I missed my kick. Those are things that we are trying to polish up on,” added Wolfe.

Team coach Shurland David noted, “the guys are enthusiastic and motivated and it’s easy for me to do my work.

“We started off bad last season and we are determined to have a better start this season,” continued the ex-national defender. “Once we have a better start we are going to finish very high. I’m looking at first two or three, even the top at the League because we must always strive for the best.”

North East Stars backed up ambitions with the signings of Jamaican goalkeeper Leon Gordon from Tivoli Gardens, former Caledonia AIA defender Ishmael Daniel, midfielder Stephan Stoute from WASA FC and former Defence Force youth striker Kevin Jagdeosingh, who is the younger brother of former Stars player and current Rochester Rhinos forward Kendall Jagdeosingh.

Wolfe pointed out, “the preparations have been coming along smoothly.

“We probably have one or two new players still to come in. And what we have been doing is more strength work (with trainer Gregory Seales) to get us 100 percent fit,” he added.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 05:50:29 AM »
North East clip Eagles wings.
North East Stars Release.

Directv North East Stars overcame a good test againt Superleague outfit Eagles United on Saturday to stake their claim for the 2012 Pro League title, due to commence in 2 weeks time.

The Sangre Grande based club arrived with a high level of preperation and determination and despite not yet having played a competetive match, surprised the Chaguanas based Eagles with their intensity direct from kick off. It took only 2 minutes for Kevaughan Connell to head home a Stern John flick from a corner kick. And the Stars lead was doubled after 25 mins when Kevin Jagdeosingh converted another Stern John assist.

Eagles United continued with a good solid performance, but were unable to convert their chances on a well prepared Woodford Lodge surface. The second half saw more North East chances, with Akiel Guevera smashing a shot against an upright, and a sublime Stern John lob was pushed onto the post by the Eagles keeper, after some superb control by John, who collected the ball with his back to goal on the edge of the box, surrounded by Eagles defenders.

Indeed, John's performance was good news for National Coach, Otto Pfister, with many of the Stars best chances eminating from the National teams all time highest goalscorer.  Late in the game saw the best move of the match when Stephen Cruickshanks beautiful first touch found John who played a slide rule one-two into the path of the sprinting Cruickshank, who converted with confidence, only to be ruled offside. Cruickshank, too, will be a welcome sight to Mr Pfister after his two year self-imposed hiatus from football.

Although the game descended into the usual friendly format of rolling substitutions and realigned formations, the game was played at a good pace with many competetive tackles and with both teams eager to prove points. Indeed, Eagles next opposition will need to beware, as they raised their game to new levels against the Stars and will carry that mentality into their next match.

North East Stars Head Coach, Shurland David said "Our preseason build up saw us aim for 13th of August as our final game before the commencement of the Pro League on the 19th August. However, as we know, the date has been pushed back until the 26th. But what we saw today was our strongest team, with the exception of 4 missing players."

Anthony Wolfe, Gary Glasgow and Leon Gordon were left out due to slight injury concerns, while Seon Powers was excused to attend a family emergency. "I was delighted by the teams performance tonight" said David "We are ready, the players know what is expected of them by management and supporters. Their Road to Brazil starts right here"

Indeed, 2014 is on the minds of everyone at North East Stars. President, Daryll Mahabir said "This is the best prepared North East Stars team I've ever seen. Its not just their fitness, but their agility, pace and upper body strength. Shurland has done a fantastic job and I believe we can achieve our target of Pro League champions this season." But Mahabir also has another target.

"I want at least 5 North East players on the National squad. We have a duty to provide Mr Pfister with the raw materiels to do his job, and I am determined that we will not shirk that responsibility. Yes, we need some overseas players, you can never underestimate the experience gleaned from football in the worlds great leagues, but we also need a strong local contingent to promote local football."

Former WC defender Brent Sancho said "The players have really worked hard in preseason, and the preperation shows. I am delighted to see how well Stephen Cruickshank is playing. He's missed a lot of football, but I was determined to bring him to North East. I played against him in the States and have always admired him" said the North East CEO.

"He adds a new dimension and I expect him to be knocking on Mr Pfisters door to add to his 4 senior caps" Sancho also commented on the performance of Kevaughan Connell "Kevaughan is simply the most exciting left back in Trinidad" said Sancho. "When he collects the ball going forward, you always feel he will make something happen. As a former striker, he can run with the ball, cut inside and unleash a shot from distance, or use his pace to hit the base line and cross into the box. He's definately one for Mr Pfister to watch."

Director of Football, Kevin Jeffery said the players levels of fitness are extremely high. "Players like Marc Leslie say they have never begun a season this well prepared. Thanks to fitness coach, Gregory Seale, the squads beep test performances are better than the 2006 World Cup squads.

This means that the players can achieve more without forcing themselves into positions. Everything is achieved at a higher pace with greater ease. As a player, once you feel this fit, your confidence soars and everything from your first touch to finishing comes easier. Our new players such as Ishmael Daniel, Stephen Cruickshank, Seon Powers and Jaggy (Kevin Jagdeosingh) have slotted in nicely, and of course, its great to have Stern training with us. His experience is a priceless addition to the team."

Coach David said North East will be playing a couple of more friendly matches before their opening Pro League match against Quenns Park F.C. on Saturday 27th August at Hasely Crawford Stadium. He said the 6pm kick off is perfect for North East supporters. "We are hoping for a big crowd, even though its a long trip for our Grande based supporters. It will be the first game for the new Terry Fenwick outfit, so interest will be high."

North East Stars will be calling on their fans in the West, East and Central to ensure they continue the Stars reputation as the Pro Leagues best supported club. And there may still be some further surprises in the teams line up. "We are still talking to several overseas players, as we will always look to strengthen the squad" said David.

DIRECTV North East Stars: Andrew Durant (GK), Charles Pollard, Glenton Wolfe, Marc Leslie, Kevaughan Connell, Kendall Velox, Keryn Navarro, Kevin Jagdeosingh, Kaydion Gabriel, Stern John, Akiel Guevera.

Subs used: Jeromie Williams, Stephen Cruickshank, Ishmael Daniel.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 06:14:09 AM »

Damn, Mr Horner, yuh right.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »
looks like stern playing a role behind the strikers bringing a class 1st touch etc and composure to the attacking attributes of north east
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »

Damn, Mr Horner, yuh right.

That was my big surprise, now you guys have to live without Joe Public, we are taking a break from the league for a possible 2 years or push our Super League team for promotion.

You guys are worried about Jack Warner when you should really be more worried about Dexter Skeene.

Joe Public is yet to receive money own to them by the Pro League.

You tell me what benefits Joe Public have for its participate in the Pro League.

The T&T Pro League is a BUSS !

They can't get their house in order.

Not to mention the fixtures, another story.

Next week the league begins and yet they are scrambling to revise a new fixture after our withdrawal.

You get results from other Pro League games 2 days after.

There are no stats on games, no line ups, no yellow, no red, nothing on may games or on a consistent basis.

They are not willing to cooperate with other ideas.

I'll give North East Stars two more season.

I am sure Jack Warner would have done a better job.

You guys call Jack a dictator, maybe you need to look at Skeene.

T&T needs Jack, becuase Jack is very well connected, dont read the news to much, its a political game what they want you to see.

Take a page out of my good friend Anil Roberts book, he can play.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:55:03 AM by Jack Horner »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »
is Stern John a NES player ??..yes or no ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
is Stern John a NES player ??..yes or no ???

Yes!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »
The official North East Stars independent supporters association will make their debut at tonites First Citizens Cup clash vs W.Connection at Hasely Crawford Stadium. The group, who chose the name Estrellas, which is Spanish for Stars, will number between 75-100 supporters, mostly from Sangre Grande and Arima. Matchday package is $100 which includes match entry, transport, exclusive supporters T shirt plus some give aways. They will also bring the North East Stars mascot, Stompy The Starman, complete in his superhero uniform!

Stars will also debut their new home uniform at the game and hope to be selling replica jerseys for $250 from early October.

Stars attempted to register Kendall Jagdeosingh and Brent Sancho in time for tonites game, who are both free agents, but the registration was not permitted by the Pro League.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Good work by the supporters but one TTPL problem is obvious. Home match in the HCS? Please. And to be fair to the league, they didn't just deny new registrations. The TTFF registration deadline expired on 9 September. The new registration period will begin in late November.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:39 AM »
The official North East Stars independent supporters association will make their debut at tonites First Citizens Cup clash vs W.Connection at Hasely Crawford Stadium. The group, who chose the name Estrellas, which is Spanish for Stars, will number between 75-100 supporters, mostly from Sangre Grande and Arima. Matchday package is $100 which includes match entry, transport, exclusive supporters T shirt plus some give aways. They will also bring the North East Stars mascot, Stompy The Starman, complete in his superhero uniform!

Stars will also debut their new home uniform at the game and hope to be selling replica jerseys for $250 from early October.

Stars attempted to register Kendall Jagdeosingh and Brent Sancho in time for tonites game, who are both free agents, but the registration was not permitted by the Pro League.

Kendall Jagdeosingh ? he went from being Rhinos MVP to free agent ?

And Sancho still playing ball ?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
Can you guys imagine that Brent Sancho is North East Stars CEO and they fail to sign him....  :rotfl:

Typical fete match side and mentality.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
Can you guys imagine that Brent Sancho is North East Stars CEO and they fail to sign him....  :rotfl:

Typical fete match side and mentality.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!

LOL, you're such a joker sometimes!! They didn't fail to sign him, but it was felt it would be useful to put him back on the roster as cover. And talking of fete matches....who are Joe Public Pro League playing this week???

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »

Kendall Jagdeosingh ? he went from being Rhinos MVP to free agent ?

And Sancho still playing ball ?

MLS won't sign new players until end of November/early December, so Jaggy could play here for a few months and retain his match fitness.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »
Good work by the supporters but one TTPL problem is obvious. Home match in the HCS? Please. And to be fair to the league, they didn't just deny new registrations. The TTFF registration deadline expired on 9 September. The new registration period will begin in late November.

True, but at this time rules are being bent....look at DF & Police...they should really forfeit points. Both players are free agents and they could join British and European clubs at any time, so why not ProLeague?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
Good point FS. if they are free agents they could be signed and registered.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
MLS won't sign new players until end of November/early December, so Jaggy could play here for a few months and retain his match fitness.

Wait, Jaggy going to MLS ?

Thanks FS.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »

Wait, Jaggy going to MLS ?

Thanks FS.

Well, thats what he would hope for, especially if he can force his way into pfisters squad, which would be helped by playing in the Pro League.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:57 AM »
LOL, you're such a joker sometimes!! They didn't fail to sign him, but it was felt it would be useful to put him back on the roster as cover. And talking of fete matches....who are Joe Public Pro League playing this week???

I have decided to sign in early just for this wonderful news, the retired North East Stars 11 got their backsides (excuse my language) kicked yesterday by W Connection (An under 20 team mostly) in the First Citizen Cup.

4-1.

Shurland David is a coach.  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

I also have great news about Joe Public, they won the Super League knockout competition and we are on our way to win the league.

Here is the story.

Joe Public wins $50,000 in Tobago

I have to be at work now my secretary has schedule me for a busy day, I am actually late for work, since I had to come on here to reveal the good news.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:40:43 AM by Jack Horner »

1]; } ?>