March 28, 2024, 10:37:02 AM

Author Topic: UK Crew! Our first Road Trip of the new football season.........  (Read 2922 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
should be what? I am taking suggestions, cause you may be aware, these things take alot of planning and time.

So should we aim for a Sunderland vs Man U, at Old Trafford?

Or should it be a London affair, and go for Sunderland vs Arsenal at The Emirates?

Keeping it in London, Sunderland vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge?

Or back to the Stadium of Light for Sunderland vs XXX?

Let me know! I am partial to a London match, as more Trinis and friends will be able to come out. Though the point of a Road Trip is to go on de road. ::)

Though fair warning, the games against the big teams will be in excess of £40 for a ticket (Arsenal at The Emirates alone is £60!)
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: UK Crew! Our first Road Trip of the new football season.........
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »
Good ahead-of-de-game plannin' RTG. Yuh have to carry dis to a nex' level now. Allyuh go be on TV dread! Fox sports, BBC news and dem udder programs an' ting. Time to remarket T&T!!!  Maximus whey yuh?
I am a Suuuunlun Warrior..........I am a fighter...
Dis website go be ram!!
All who eh have high speed to watch de goal clips, organize now and geh yuh technology straight!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 03:45:07 PM »
Well, we need to have a couple trips planned, for a couple teams, so that people can have options. Those who can't make one date will be able to make another.

And we have to support the other guys as well, not just Sunderland. Kenwyn and dem have to get a bligh too.

Every UK based Trini football fan should go at least one EPL or Championship game for the season. There are many out there who wish they were living in England so they could see teams play live. We here in the UK need to take advantage.

gives Love.

[

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
All yuh makin me jealous
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 06:38:51 PM »
Is there any date that will allow for TWO games in one day in close by cities...for an EPL game and a Championship game   :thinking:
Maybe too greedy   :devil:

Interactive map with home teams

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:54:43 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »
Look how allyuh have the best of our sporting celebrities right in your back yard. (The othr headline is cause for grief though  :-[)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
should be what? I am taking suggestions, cause you may be aware, these things take alot of planning and time.

Or should it be a London affair, and go for Sunderland vs Arsenal at The Emirates?

Let me know! I am partial to a London match, as more Trinis and friends will be able to come out. Though the point of a Road Trip is to go on de road. ::)

Though fair warning, the games against the big teams will be in excess of £40 for a ticket (Arsenal at The Emirates alone is £60!)

how bout Sunderland v Liverpool Aug 25th, I know Im not part of the UK crew but Im thinking of crossing the pond that weekend and trying to figure out how to get to the game and back in the same day so as not to miss any fetes.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »
why allyuh doh go to a game sunderland might actually have a chance of drawing or winning e.g at westham.

allyuh fraid dem paki bombers living in de area or wha?

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:31 AM »

how bout Sunderland v Liverpool Aug 25th, I know Im not part of the UK crew but Im thinking of crossing the pond that weekend and trying to figure out how to get to the game and back in the same day so as not to miss any fetes.

Yeah, cause Machel concert is dat night I think. So definitely not going on no long trip and then have to come back in time to party. Will need all my energy for "Chocolate" next day ;D  (ole mas band)

gives Love.

[

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
why allyuh doh go to a game sunderland might actually have a chance of drawing or winning e.g at westham.

allyuh fraid dem paki bombers living in de area or wha?

ma boy, u might not be aware, but that is a very offensive term, worst than the word N**ga up here in England
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 03:19:14 PM »
Educate the brudder dey FLi
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »
I didn't know Andre worked for the BNP/NF (okay he's not that extreme of course lol but Bun that word)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »
I didn't know Andre worked for the BNP/NF (okay he's not that extreme of course lol but Bun that word)

paki? ent that is short for pakistani?

everything offensive to somebody somewhere yes. i hear they like fags in england though.

i doh work for BNP but i hold up a NP station in central once.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 11:05:44 PM »

everything offensive to somebody somewhere yes.

Exactly breds

so jess kill de use of them words.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 03:10:11 AM »

everything offensive to somebody somewhere yes. i hear they like fags in england though.

No scene, Dre, I know you didn't mean it in that way, but I just letting you know for future reference.

No it isn't short for Pakistan in any way, shape or form. George Bush thought so himself and in a televised heads of government meeting said about the Kashmiri conflict between India and Pakistan, that

' we have to get the P**is and Indians to work together'- he didn't think it was anything big. But people here in England, and Asia were mortified.

I myself never knew the significance until I came here to England, but as I said, it is MASSIVELY offensive and is akin to George Bush saying ' we gotta get them N**gas to work together in Africa' which of course he would never say publicly

And oh yea, 'Fags' in England is slang for Cigarettes, which I still find very disturbing!

Bless  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:13:05 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 03:19:22 AM »
And oh yea, 'Fags' in England is slang for Cigarettes, which I still find very disturbing!
as a matter of interest

aye allya over there in Hengland have it all eh ;D

I know it will be a great trip as RedTriniGurl doing the planning. ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 06:00:07 AM »

No scene, Dre, I know you didn't mean it in that way, but I just letting you know for future reference.

No it isn't short for Pakistan in any way, shape or form. George Bush thought so himself and in a televised heads of government meeting said about the Kashmiri conflict between India and Pakistan, that

' we have to get the P**is and Indians to work together'- he didn't think it was anything big. But people here in England, and Asia were mortified.

I myself never knew the significance until I came here to England, but as I said, it is MASSIVELY offensive and is akin to George Bush saying ' we gotta get them N**gas to work together in Africa' which of course he would never say publicly

here in canada de high schoolers( mainly in brampton aka lil india/pakistan/ppunjab) have a new word for..um people from pakistan and all asian subcontient persons. They are called FOB'S- fresh of the boat"s". It has a deeper meaning which can be aplicable to any immigrant. Its funny.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 07:11:44 AM »
eeh. I am for the London games as I live in East London. But seeing Manchester vs Sunderland - Priceless.

Socarandy

1]; } ?>