April 27, 2024, 01:23:15 AM

Author Topic: paraguay v usa  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: paraguay v usa
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 05:55:27 PM »
Equaliser fuh USA, mey Spanish channel hyped as usual, tuh de USA haters  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Put me down as backing everybody that plays the USA,and I don't hate them one bit,I just ent like them,hate is to much of a strong word,they have some talent,but Historically they thrive on hypocracy and humble is not a word they recognise................
You talking about the US the country...USA the team?

...as I typing dem men and dem juss gift Paraguay another facking goal  ::)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
Paraguay 2 -1. A gift!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 06:11:45 PM »
Paraguay playing some attractive football boy...nice one-two, give and go.  Man giving dem US players all kinda olay (ole) on de pitch.

meanwhile de US creating chances but cyah finish fuh life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
Another blown fackin opportunity.

Mapp fack up de shot...putting de ball on top de net instead ah in de muddc*nt net.  Say nothing of the fact that he had Eddie Johnson wide open on the back post.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
Allyuh does keep getting tie-up.  Hating on the USA is not about the numbers or about the players.

You think Everton fans was backing Liverpool to win the Champions League? You think they was saying, a Liverpool win is good for English football, or were they getting the same kicks once the cutarse start.

CIC men does back Fatima? Arima men does back St Augustine? Celtic does back Rangers?

How many times we went in the damn stadium and get licks from the USA? all age groups.

It eh have no science in this. USA must get licks, Jamaica must get licks.

That is just the way it is.

Bitter, hear meh nah, ah doh know which member here getting tied up, but Supa doh talk from de tip ah he tongue and ah doh follow people, I'm a leader, always will be. So wid dat said, ah will repeat meh self again, I'm a Trini and also a USA citizen for many years, I've been blessed in dis country (give thanks) so ah supporting USA all de time, de only time dat will change, is when dey playing de country of my birth. Yuh see meh? HIGHLY BLESSED.

This is why I saying allyuh getting tie up. allyuh trying to introduce logic to an emotional argument. I doh care if they play good, bad, beat we fair, cheat, A squad, Z squad, home, away, Concacaf, Comebol... I cyah support. Since the 80's the USA standing in the way of T&T. When we start beating them regular, I might feel sorry for them in some of these games... might...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 06:23:18 PM »
Paraguay playing some attractive football boy...nice one-two, give and go.  Man giving dem US players all kinda olay (ole) on de pitch.

meanwhile de US creating chances but cyah finish fuh life.

Remind me of a game I watch last June... :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
Dem young Americans have Paraguay on de ropes...poor finishing killing them.  Clark has really played well this tournament.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
Ricardo Clark is having a decent game. Great shot.  It should be 2-2. Man put the header straight to the goalie.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »
Dis Haterade tasting good boy... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Keller get string up on the free kick.
3-1 Paraguay.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »
Damn.

Clinical...clinical finishing by these Paraguayans.  It's literally men playing against boys.

Good show of sportsmanship at the end.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
Goal Paraguay 3-1
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
Dispite the score line, the US played well. Should have at least 1 more goal.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »
ah just love de scoreline.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 06:59:09 PM »
Ah like the Irish/scottish commentator,the USA can't do no wrong,they lose but in his eyes they win,it seems like he might be jockying for a coaching job in the MLS. ;D ;D

If that ain't kissing ass,I don't know what is,the fact is,a win is a win,people are not going to remember who played the better ball but who won the game..............

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »
Ah like the Irish/scottish commentator,the USA can't do no wrong,they lose but in his eyes they win,it seems like he might be jockying for a coaching job in the MLS. ;D ;D

If that ain't kissing ass,I don't know what is,the fact is,a win is a win,people are not going to remember who played the better ball but who won the game..............

Not necesarily more people talk  about Brazil 82 than the winners Italy  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »

Ray Hudson has already been a coach with Tampa Bay and DC United...why would he be jockeying for an MLS job?

I actually think he was spot on...the US played 'better' in that the created more scoring opportunities and failed to score IN SPITE of the Paraguayans.  Paraguay was just their equal...capitalizing on the few opportunities they had.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
eventually, a youth with trini roots will play for the US senior side on a regular basis. kamani hill done get one sweat vs. china.

i wonder if man go still hate on dem then.

ent Ricardo Clarke have Trini roots?

And way back in 1989, there was a Stollmeyer on the side that was 100% Trini..Born in T&T and left as  youth...like 10 or 11 years old.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »

Ray Hudson has already been a coach with Tampa Bay and DC United...why would he be jockeying for an MLS job?

I actually think he was spot on...the US played 'better' in that the created more scoring opportunities and failed to score IN SPITE of the Paraguayans.  Paraguay was just their equal...capitalizing on the few opportunities they had.

US do some nice stuff in the game. Finishing let them down. They deserve better
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
Equaliser fuh USA, mey Spanish channel hyped as usual, tuh de USA haters  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Put me down as backing everybody that plays the USA,and I don't hate them one bit,I just ent like them,hate is to much of a strong word,they have some talent,but Historically they thrive on hypocracy and humble is not a word they recognise................

Saga, ah respect yuh reason boss, but no hate  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
eventually, a youth with trini roots will play for the US senior side on a regular basis. kamani hill done get one sweat vs. china.

i wonder if man go still hate on dem then.
ent Ricardo Clarke have Trini roots?

Yeah! He ole man is ah Trini...Anyway Clark relly handle heself...he's ah fella who could start alongside de regular starters man.............
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 10:17:10 PM »

Well then might I say he sounded a bit bias at times,maybe as a result of coaching in the US for so many years.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »
i dont care what no one say f**k  the us national team in their eyes they cant do no wrong they feel their league is  the best they feel donavon is the on the same level with ronaldhilno and they take of brazilan football on fox  >:(
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »

These men doh let they spirits get broken that easily...have tuh give them credit for pulling one right back near the end of the half.
Fuh real. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 12:26:59 AM »
Allyuh does keep getting tie-up.  Hating on the USA is not about the numbers or about the players.

You think Everton fans was backing Liverpool to win the Champions League? You think they was saying, a Liverpool win is good for English football, or were they getting the same kicks once the cutarse start.

CIC men does back Fatima? Arima men does back St Augustine? Celtic does back Rangers?

How many times we went in the damn stadium and get licks from the USA? all age groups.

It eh have no science in this. USA must get licks, Jamaica must get licks.

That is just the way it is.

Bitter, hear meh nah, ah doh know which member here getting tied up, but Supa doh talk from de tip ah he tongue and ah doh follow people, I'm a leader, always will be. So wid dat said, ah will repeat meh self again, I'm a Trini and also a USA citizen for many years, I've been blessed in dis country (give thanks) so ah supporting USA all de time, de only time dat will change, is when dey playing de country of my birth. Yuh see meh? HIGHLY BLESSED.

This is why I saying allyuh getting tie up. allyuh trying to introduce logic to an emotional argument. I doh care if they play good, bad, beat we fair, cheat, A squad, Z squad, home, away, Concacaf, Comebol... I cyah support. Since the 80's the USA standing in the way of T&T. When we start beating them regular, I might feel sorry for them in some of these games... might...

Cousin, ah mention CONCACAF fuh de people back home, but dey have tuh speak fuh dey self. Ah cud understand yuh feelings towards USA, but like ah said before, Supa is and will always be ah leader, I doh watch people post and jump and look tuh ride wid dem, unless it is what I stand for. My thing again, I living here 2 long and dis country have not good tuh me, but excellent (give thanks), so de only country dat cud come  between me and meh USA team, will be T&T, straight up like dat. Big up yuh self doh, and hold on tuh yuh emotions, cuz de way Jack riping we football apart, when USA play T&T in de future, sad tuh say, but yuh will have plenty more emotions (I hope I'm wrong) tuh take wid yuh into retirement, watch de ride. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 05:48:57 AM »
Yeah Paraguay....rest it on dem wannabes......I backing every team dat come up against dem damn Yanks.....

AH NOT SUPPORTING NO TEAM WHERE DE REST AH DEY COUNTRY MEN TINK FOOTBALL IS A SISSY GAME!!!!....

LET DE US of A HAUL DEY ARSE!!!.....

is only in CONCACAF dey could gallery dey self because we have a Federation dat f*&^^$#ng we up.....but once dey meet real competition dey cyar handle dey stories....dey does look like little boys going to do big men wuk....

GO PARAGUAY!!!! ;D :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2007, 06:30:16 AM »
Yeah Paraguay....rest it on dem wannabes......I backing every team dat come up against dem damn Yanks.....

AH NOT SUPPORTING NO TEAM WHERE DE REST AH DEY COUNTRY MEN TINK FOOTBALL IS A SISSY GAME!!!!....

LET DE US of A HAUL DEY ARSE!!!.....

is only in CONCACAF dey could gallery dey self because we have a Federation dat f*&^^$#ng we up.....but once dey meet real competition dey cyar handle dey stories....dey does look like little boys going to do big men wuk....

GO PARAGUAY!!!! ;D :beermug:

:rotfl:

True......... I bad mind...screw USA... and for some of the men who talking bout concacaf and how they living in the states so we should support them etc.....how come when the Scotish ppl all over the world (including those living in England) was backing T&T for the world cup allyuh was happy and dancing ? I didnt notice anyone bracing them and telling them about how they should back england cause they living there and tra laa laa.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »
Support for or against the USA will always be polarized to the max. I vibes de head SUPA on 100%. Same way I understand sentiment on the other side - especially from those not resident in the US. Same way I vibes Bakes position on moving on from 1989. That said I think there's some usefulness in stimulating a rivalry versus the USA. In my view it could be more useful than the traditional rivalry with Yard.

A rivalry need not be negative. It could be healthy ... and given the state of soccer developmentally in the States I am of the view that placing the US firmly in our sights could only assist our footballing future/culture.

As Trinis we seem to possess a genetic trait for forgiveness or amnesia or something of the sort ... until as Brownsugar suggests - the wider US takes ownership of soccer  we should take to the field in defense of a sport that is functionally one of our rights of passage/ a birthright.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Support for or against the USA will always be polarized to the max. I vibes de head SUPA on 100%. Same way I understand sentiment on the other side - especially from those not resident in the US. Same way I vibes Bakes position on moving on from 1989. That said I think there's some usefulness in stimulating a rivalry versus the USA. In my view it could be more useful than the traditional rivalry with Yard.

A rivalry need not be negative. It could be healthy ... and given the state of soccer developmentally in the States I am of the view that placing the US firmly in our sights could only assist our footballing future/culture.

As Trinis we seem to possess a genetic trait for forgiveness or amnesia or something of the sort ... until as Brownsugar suggests - the wider US takes ownership of soccer  we should take to the field in defense of a sport that is functionally one of our rights of passage/ a birthright.

There is much from the US program that we would do well to emulate. 

I'm a diehard NY Giants fan and for many years I was living plum behind enemy lines in Redskins territory...and so I couldn't stand that team.  But after reading about the 'Skins day in and day out in the Washington Post (and especially when they were losing season after season) inevitably you got to know more about the team, the coaches, players etc.  As a result of becoming more familiar with them, part of you empathized with them and wanted to see them do well.  I have no doubt that that is what happened with me and this US team...cuz trust I too couldn't stand them and hated to even acknowledge the possibility that they were better than TnT.

There are nuff players on that team who I know truly love de sport and sacrificing to make the sport work here.  I look at ole vets like Eddie Pope who no longer with them...ten years ago man coulda write he own ticket in Europe but he turn down that chance to stay and play in MLS for $250,000 (the most MLS could offer then...avg. salary was about$50K).  He played in MLS b/c the league was young and he knew that in order for the sport to take root, the better players had to stay and help elevate the game. 

If I see ah man love something same way I love it and making personal sacrifices to see it improve...I cyah help but root fuh dat man.  The sacrifice that Pope made has paved the way for men like Corey Gibbs and Jay Demerit to now ten years later (they weren't even teenagers back then...or barely) to be plying their trade in the EPL.  Them can't control what the rest of their countrymen think about the sport...to many Americans win or lose to them soccer will stay second class...so is not them allyuh 'spiting' by hating on de yanks. The more the team progresses, the more soccer in the US progresses.  The better the US becomes...the more (hopefully) it will motivate the rest of us in CONCACAF to up our game as well.

...but everybody different, so to each his/her own.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:26:29 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
I exocised some demons Nov 16 2005 that being said I cyah back a side that insist on calling the sport soccer because they have some men playin Rugby that they call football.

It is not only in football I cyah take they general attitude after all 2 us team s playin baseball ie rounders and basketball and is 4 the World Championship.

All doh my dislike for them yardies is high they does get meh support olympics time because we know they could run. I would neva forget 88 olympics 4x400 meters relay them yanks was goin 4 the WR and the commentator say the question is who came second he only watch he yanks knowing fully well that the world was takin NBC feed.

I cyah handle they too bias.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>