March 28, 2024, 04:36:05 AM

Author Topic: Shakes set to become a Bee?  (Read 884 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shakes set to become a Bee?
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
Shakes set to become a Bee?
By Andy Cryer (Swindon Advertiser)

Ricky Shakes believes his Swindon Town experience' will stand him in good stead after being handed a career lifeline at League Two Brentford.
The Trinidad and Tobago winger was in limbo after being found surplus to requirements at the County Ground, but is now determined to make the most of a week's trial at Griffin Park.
Shakes is confident manager Terry Butcher is keen to offer him a deal and he believes his experience of bouncing back from relegation at Town can act as an inspiration to his potential new teammates.
Like Town 12 months earlier, Brentford suffered relegation to League Two in May and Shakes is relishing the challenge of repeating Swindon's instant return to League One.
Shakes said: "I had my first day at Brentford yesterday and everyone made me feel welcome. It was good fun.
"The manager has indicated he wants to sign me permanently but it just depends on the chairman really and whether they can afford to offer me a deal.
"Obviously they got relegated last season but I think, like Town did last season, they will be looking to go straight back up.
"I know how the players feel after relegation because I experienced it at Swindon but maybe what we did at Town last season will show Brentford what is possible."
Shakes made 77 appearances for Town after signing from Bolton in July 2005, scoring five goals, but was told by Town boss Paul Sturrock he was not needed for next season.
"It has been a worrying time. Quite uncertain really but that happens in football all the time," said Shakes.3
"It is a relief that someone is interested in me and now I have been handed a chance it is up to me to show what I can do."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:49:26 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Re: Shakes set to become a Bee?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »
Well shakee if that doh work come and play in pro league!!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Shakes set to become a Bee?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »
No offensive not the Pro League but Shakes Listen Up, I'm gonna say this like Terry Butcher probably would:

''Work ya f**king bollocks off, work on ya f**king game and just maybe, maybe I think you could play in the premier league , now piss off and do what I said, son''
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 04:01:48 PM by Serial Gum Bumper »

1]; } ?>