April 29, 2024, 05:59:34 AM

Author Topic: ODI performance shows that we do have ability in the side.  (Read 1356 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
ODI performance shows that we do have ability in the side.
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:05:27 AM »
Firstly, don't take this out of context. These two wins, one in Twenty20 and one yesterday does not mean in any way that we are on the verge of a revival. Far from it. There is a very, very, very long way to go for our revival. In fact I can't even see the finish line. But what these two victories do show, and previous one day victories is that there is definitely some talent in this west indies side; its just that for various reasons mentioned in other threads we cannot maintain the intensity of our performances over an extended period of time, i.e 450 overs-the expected length of a Test match. We can do it for 20 overs, on various occasions for 50 overs. This translates into Test cricket. We have 1.5 good sessions (equivalent of 50 overs) and then have a few shocking sessions which will take the game away from us.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ODI performance shows that we do have ability in the side.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:43 PM »
I agree with your points. we are not showing the mental fortitude or physical stamina to last into the longer form of the game, which is a true 'test' of a sportsman.
however, on the one-day game, now I hear Chanders is out for Saturdays game...what will happen now??? ???

hope Bravo and Rampaul are okay-  both had some slight injuries/pulls on Thursday.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
We may have lost some ability but the players have always had the ability to perform they just for the reasons we have already suggested have not been able to. It is no fluke that our U-15 and U-19 teams are still amongst the best around. The U-15s won the world cup and the U-19s finished runners up. As i have said time and time again- one of the major problem is what happens to these players after U-19 level and more importantly what is going to be done about it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 01:52:53 PM »
In ase u do not remember in 2004 we won the ICC Championship then Burger King and Digicel turn up and the rest as they say is history
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>