April 16, 2024, 09:18:34 AM

Author Topic: Enough time pass - Who is de better player...  (Read 3921 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Enough time pass - Who is de better player...
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:09:28 PM »
Ah know dis have to be like a Gerrard and Lamphard ting but ah think we even solve dat case in a post de other day. So ah asking de question so we could put dis one to rest as well.

Who better between Messi and Robhino.... ah dont need ah why nor does it matter bout position.
And all Argentina haters(me included) must be objective.

Ah think ah going with Messi but ah feel by time ah fiish wid de post ah go change meh mind again.
wha allyuh think... who we givin de prize. (and dont say freddy Adu)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Enough time pass - Who is de better player...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:28:52 PM »
Robinho, and dat is not meh choice cuz dey (Argentina) are racists, I gave him de edge cuz ah think he score more goals dan Messi and dat is very important also. Skill fuh skill, technique etc, tuh me dey are very, very close. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:04:41 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »
I think they bring different qualities to the fore. At this point though I would give Messi the edge. Messi has the ability to create space deeper in the park and force openings up the field. In terms of finishing he is better than Robinho as well. Both of them should score more frequently though. Messi works better in small spaces than Robinho. Messi prefers the short pass to the long one, sometimes to his detriment. I think this is one area where Robinho may be better than him.

What I will say is that the both players are still improving. To be honest with you I think Robinho has vastly improved since last season. I remember men saying that he was going to set the league on fire in his first year, that was never going to happen. The media machine was focussed on Beckham so much its ridiculous. If you review many of those games it is impossisble to not to recognise Robinho's contribution to Real's resurgence.

But Messi is about 3 years younger than Robinho and still does what he does. You have to give Messi the advantage.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:03:06 AM »
Jah, i agree wid everything yuh say it does just seem to be easier to always favor the Brasilian in any situation. Brasil really got the world hooked. But Messi is de boss - I guess.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:39 AM »
Personally I like Robinho i I think he's a hard worker has great temperament and needless to say the youth talented but Messi have some qualities that I can't deny and i think alot of it has to do with the kind of players he is playing with (specifically deco and ronaldinho). Messi has a first touch and that close control in small spaces  like the goal he scored against getafe that makes him simply lethal it's like robinho will catch you and put some mad stepovers leave you on your back........but messi will beat you in groups and when you think he's put of space he'll still have it close enough to keep going....I'm just really impressed with his close control it's exceptional....I think technically he may be a little sharper than robinho but they're both still coming of age but Messi is ahead of robinho when he was this age and he's only 19  it's scary really......Still can't call it Robinho is faster and he does some things that you gotta like.....I'd have to go with Messi has more potential but as it stands I'd  start Robinho in front of him.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »
Messi. (though I am a Brazil & Madrid fan- that's my honest opinion.) 

but it's pretty close
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »
Messi for me for two reasons. One three years younger. More consistent. I agree with those who say he should score more, but I think he will develop that. When Messi played behind the striker in the youth U20 he scored goals, but it is frightening to think he could have been playing (along with Haguin & Fabragas) in this U20 Youth tournament
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 07:43:19 AM »
Those of you who are factoring Messi's age in your decision aren't making any sense.  His age hints at potential ("if he's doing all this now...imagine what he'll be doing in three years when he's Robinho's current age")...what he's projected to do in the future has nothing to do with current performance and production.

As for the question...still too early to call for me.  I think Robinho's role at Madrid is vastly different from Messi's at Barca so Messi has more of a showcase working in his favor.  Hard for me not to be biased though...I detest all things Argentinian...and any 'man' who deliberately fists a ball into a net and celebrates like he's just won the lotto.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »
Those of you who are factoring Messi's age in your decision aren't making any sense.  His age hints at potential ("if he's doing all this now...imagine what he'll be doing in three years when he's Robinho's current age")...what he's projected to do in the future has nothing to do with current performance and production.

As for the question...still too early to call for me.  I think Robinho's role at Madrid is vastly different from Messi's at Barca so Messi has more of a showcase working in his favor.  Hard for me not to be biased though...I detest all things Argentinian...and any 'man' who deliberately fists a ball into a net and celebrates like he's just won the lotto.

Bake and Shark its not a projection of potential. It is the fact that at three years younger he has the footballing brain and abilities of an older mature player.
I recently read where one of the old greats said that if you cut open Fabragas head you will find the footballing brain of a 30 year old.  This my friend is what I was drawing reference too.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 07:57:07 AM »
I will go with Messi because he proved more than Robinho that he can stamp his authority on the game.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »

not only de roles different de coaches different too.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

Bake and Shark its not a projection of potential. It is the fact that at three years younger he has the footballing brain and abilities of an older mature player.
I recently read where one of the old greats said that if you cut open Fabragas head you will find the footballing brain of a 30 year old.  This my friend is what I was drawing reference too.

My comment wasn't specifically directed to you...and while I can appreciate your reasoning, there is nothing that can accurately and objectively gauge his intangibles in comparison to Robinho.  Thinking and playing beyond one's chronological years doesn't automatically give you the leg up on anyone...it only means that you are at a point of your game, beyond what is typical for your age group.  So Messi plays like someone who is old and much more seasoned than the 20-year old he is...it says nothing of his skills and abilities relative to Robinho's.  We could accept that as a point of departure and move on, I'm certainly not trying to discredit your preference or otherwise get you to change it...just saying that factoring in his age isn't really much of a criteria.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 11:15:16 AM »
Messi ...

Next question ...

Messi or C. Ronaldo??
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »
Ah know dis have to be like a Gerrard and Lamphard ting but ah think we even solve dat case in a post de other day. So ah asking de question so we could put dis one to rest as well.

Who better between Messi and Robhino.... ah dont need ah why nor does it matter bout position.
And all Argentina haters(me included) must be objective.

Ah think ah going with Messi but ah feel by time ah fiish wid de post ah go change meh mind again.
wha allyuh think... who we givin de prize. (and dont say freddy Adu)

Oh gosh this is a toughie cause I rate both players. I think they're both very good but in different ways - they have different styles of playing and they don't play in the same position/have the same roles for their teams. Messi is very effective at what he does, but Robinho has more flair and skill.  I dunno, it'll be difficult to determine who's better than who because they play in different teams and have different roles. *sigh* They're both excellent players. Club-wise, though, I think Messi has had a better season.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »
Messi ...

Next question ...

Messi or C. Ronaldo??

Steups Why allyuh does bother?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »
Thats a close run matchup HMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!. I will just go with messi

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »
I going with Messi on this one but he only had a one point edge over robhino.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 06:33:19 PM »
boy, I eh lyin.... this have to be one of de closet match-ups ever. Everytime you want to give 1 man de trophy somebody else remind yuh dat it hard to give 1 over de next because they just so f**kin close.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »

Good point, but ah gettin' a sneaking suspicion that it huttin' yuh to say that Messi better.... ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »
Well since I was the only one who though praising messi gve it to robinho I going and put in a second vote again and go with I would sat Robinho in front Messi    so now thas two votes

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 03:48:17 AM »
In my opinion Messi. The first leg of the champions league against Chelsea at Chelsea when Barca won 2-1 stands out in my memory when Messi showed why he is class. His whole all round performance. Also remember when Del Horno tried to kill him and he just said laters. Even the acting was good.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:39 PM »
Well, there is something known as 'playing age' which is quite distinct from 'chronological age' ... and it is regarded as an accepted distinction in distinguishing the relative maturity of players ... However, it's typically used to evaluate players of the same age.

Between Messi and Robinho I lean towards Messi ... I see more naivete in Robinho's play.

1]; } ?>