April 20, 2024, 08:33:35 AM

Author Topic: Collin Samuel scores winner for Toronto FC  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Collin Samuel scores winner for Toronto FC
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
Off a well-taken penalty  ;)

He had an open run on goal and was brought down in de box. What make de goal significant was not only it was de winner, but it was Toronto FC's first away win of the season.

Still, overall I have to be critical because I find he could hustle more and stop trying to beat men so much. Maybe since he new he trying to stand out, who knows. Big up Sammy and good luck in the upcoming games.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: Collin Samuel scores winner for Toronto FC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »
good start sammy!! Bigg up! :beermug:
All American

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:13 AM »
Off a well-taken penalty  ;)

He had an open run on goal and was brought down in de box. What make de goal significant was not only it was de winner, but it was Toronto FC's first away win of the season.

Still, overall I have to be critical because I find he could hustle more and stop trying to beat men so much. Maybe since he new he trying to stand out, who knows. Big up Sammy and good luck in the upcoming games.
That has always been Collin Samuel's problem.  He drive at men and don't know when to give up the ball.  He trying to beats everybody and he does not have that skill.  He kills men with his pace but if he would give up the ball and move into space he will kill more men because very few defenders could keep up with him.  For every one man he beats, he lose the ball 6 times.  Good for Toronto FC though.  I hope he makes a good impression on the league.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline #8+1

• Midfielder
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:34:24 AM »
Bottom line is this... Nobody else in d game really showed anything different from what Sammy showed: A desire to win and hungry enough to go stright to goal, while still playing as a team, and involving everyone they can in d play...Maybe y'all are jus critical b/c he's a Trini, reppin in T.O., so u want him to show a certain way..... Collin did SO well, and if anyone had me on my feet this match, it was MOS def Collin, Cunningham, Reynolds (d keeper) and O'Brien for his feistiness.... BIG UP TFC BOYZZZZZZZZ!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »
Bottom line is this... Nobody else in d game really showed anything different from what Sammy showed: A desire to win and hungry enough to go stright to goal, while still playing as a team, and involving everyone they can in d play...Maybe y'all are jus critical b/c he's a Trini, reppin in T.O., so u want him to show a certain way..... Collin did SO well, and if anyone had me on my feet this match, it was MOS def Collin, Cunningham, Reynolds (d keeper) and O'Brien for his feistiness.... BIG UP TFC BOYZZZZZZZZ!

Doh kill dem 8 +1, I watch a couple of de matches and he had good games.   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:32:31 AM »
Yeah he did show some decent touchs..........He might be over doing a bit as he is new to the team and trying to cement his place. Right now the whole TFC team need to show a bit more bite, they getting pounce off to easy and the quick to retaliate....jus voom kick up the field hoping somebody latch onto to the ball..Hopefull Football.

He is doing decent. If he could pass just a bit more and fight it 100 %, he can be a standout player for TFC.......Gotta take the bull by the horns......His tun and shout in the game was a excellent play, we need more of that !!

Good going Sammy !!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:36:28 AM »
nice
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:00:54 AM »
Very, very good news.

Always good to open your account early. Nice to see that they let him, as a new guy, take the pen himself. He must have really made a good impression on them in his short time there.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 09:12:27 AM »
Found he played better, at Stiker rather than wing, he was too much out of the play, no fault of his, when the play couldn't go that side, mostly due to Cunningham not turning that side or jus plain hogging the ball...Sam coulda make ah bigger effort to get into thr fray doh.....ah still prefer the little ah see of Joel Bailey as well

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »
Congrats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »
So Findlay had a quiet game.
They say he hit the post early on though.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »
Congrats and good luck sammy!!!! :wavetowel:

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »
very close to offside. but congrats sammy! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »
Toronto FC 2, Real Salt Lake 1

July 5, 2007

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Collin Samuel scored on a penalty kick in the 79th minute to help Toronto FC beat Real Salt Lake 2-1 Wednesday night.

Samuel?s goal, his first in two games with Toronto, came after Jeff Cunningham and Alecko Eskandarian both scored against their former teams.

Cunningham struck first for Toronto FC (5-7-2) in the 19th minute. The goal was the sixth of the season for Cunningham, who was traded by Real Salt Lake (1-6-6) for Eskandarian in May.

Samuel, from Trinidad and Tobago, was signed in late June by coach Mo Johnston shortly after he finished his contract with Dundee United of the Scottish Premier League.

Eskandarian scored on a penalty in the 45th minute after being taken down in the box moments earlier. It was Eskandarian?s first goal with RSL, and his second of the season.

Eskandarian nearly put Salt Lake ahead in the 68th minute but his point-blank shot was saved by Toronto FC goalkeeper Sam Reynolds. Reynolds finished with four saves before being subbed out of the game in the 85th minute.

Jamie Watson nearly tied the game for RSL in the 86th minute, but his shot hit the crossbar. After losing its first four games, Toronto FC is unbeaten in seven of its last 10 games.

Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>