April 28, 2024, 08:23:16 AM

Author Topic: Copa America Thread  (Read 106107 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Copa America Thread.
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
I get the feeling that they are trying to play like Barcelona- It not working, We need a Coach

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »
I get the feeling that they are trying to play like Barcelona- It not working, We need a Coach

El Diego...at least he team was more entertaining...as for the man himself.

CHUPALO!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Cambiasso and Mascherano in the middle is no way to move the ball forward.

:thumbsup:  Messi and Tevez have to come almost to the center circle to get a pass.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
I glad this is happening. why? not so much BC i hate argentina, but when ppl start talkin outa timin bout kenwyne and his ability to score for the national team, but does the opposite for his club, they should consider ah top notch goal scorer like messi who often struggle on an international level.

this is ah strange phenomenon. fellas like adebeyor, kaka, rooney, messi, and in some cases kenwyne, does fairly well for their club, but often struggle when playing for their country.

i hope the KJ haters take note, BC this happens frequently to a lot of top notch players including the great lionell messi.     :devil:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:35:53 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »
All kinda action in this Bolivia - Costa Rica game.
2 red cards for Bolivia, a double penalty save by the Bolivian keeper, Costa Rica hit the crossbar twice on free kicks, and 2 goals. 2-0 CR

All kinda ting!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2011, 07:55:47 AM »
Argentina must beat costa Rica to stay alive now ... i am reading where the coach is backing his starting team ...leaving out Pastore and arguero again ...well he must know if he succeeds he is a hero and that if he loses he is zero. argentina must be a coach's dream and nightmare .

Blessed with amazing talent they have not gotten it right although producing some of the best players in world football. Lets see they have the three M's from Barcelona, players from Inter milan, Real madrid , Napoli, Man City,  they even have two brothers on the team ...no country can boast of the combined success of its players at club level as argentina can ... yet they dont seem to gel as they should when they done the blue and white . maybe they should play in the navy blue made so famous by " El 10 " .

I still believe the key to the success is the link up between the attack and defense ...Argentina must attack ...they cannot play any other way . While german teams have patience argentinian footballers and crowds do not so an early goal always see a better Argentina as it settles the nerves . The converse is also trus as an early goal against them could see them capitulate regardless of who they are playing against as bolivia, colombia and germany have shown over the years . argentina has beaten these same teams but when they go up early ...when the opposite happens ..they fall and hard.

It really surprises me therefore that the midfield generalship of " el flaco ' is left idly on the sidelines. The player rated so highly in Italy where he has transformed a nothing team to great heights ..a la Riquelme at villareal ' is left like Riquelme when he was fit ..to watch on.

It is clear argentina is playing without an enganche as he is called . the brain . So far we are being outcoached ...lets see what happens next 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
Nowadays, club football and national team football is 2 different things. A player spend weeks and months learning a system with his club. Then he comes and spend 10 days to 2 weeks with the national and everybody expect magic. Clubs, especially the Euro big 16, have caused this pattern in football.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »
I glad this is happening. why? not so much BC i hate argentina, but when ppl start talkin outa timin bout kenwyne and his ability to score for the national team, but does the opposite for his club, they should consider ah top notch goal scorer like messi who often struggle on an international level.

this is ah strange phenomenon. fellas like adebeyor, kaka, rooney, messi, and in some cases kenwyne, does fairly well for their club, but often struggle when playing for their country.

i hope the KJ haters take note, BC this happens frequently to a lot of top notch players including the great lionell messi.     :devil:

You really tryin' to make the comparison between kj and Messi?!? Allyuh men good oui!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
No easy way to Brazil 2014.  This is Costa Rica's B team, for all purposes, and they made Bolivia look very ordinary.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »

You really tryin' to make the comparison between kj and Messi?!? Allyuh men good oui!

HA!  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2011, 12:45:19 PM »
This Messi fella...

I bet you spain wishing they had naturalized him before he played for the senior team

really? spain are euro and world champions...doubt dey dat greedy  ;)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
Forlan, Suarez, El Matador Cavani.

Chile looking unsettled. Uruguay might catch them with an early goal here.

giggsy11

« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »
Looking forward to this match-good talent on display! I was goin tuh say that I dig Uruguay's jersey colour then I remember that is City's colours too! Steups!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:37:44 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »
Is a can of spray paint the ref have dey?

Edit: Google and ye shall find:

The International F. A. Board decided at its meeting in March 2011 to allow the use of the vanishing spray paint as a continuing experiment in CONMEBOL (South America), where the proposal originated
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:53:50 PM by Bitter »

giggsy11

« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »

Yep-dey using it tuh mark the spots for free kicks and I think the walls. I think they should use that in all the leagues!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:56:43 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
good futbol

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
That was some sweet passing by Chile! Goal!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
How much times Peru will hit the bar or the post in this game.
Mexico barely hanging on.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2011, 08:27:11 PM »
Peru deserve dat goal, but oh lawd, dat was slack lazy defending by Mexico. Is like dey was gazing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Brazil -0 Paraguay -0, 25 minutes in....dis game rel boring dred.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »

HA!  :rotfl:
I don't see what's so funny ? leave it to ah trini tuh put down our own. BTW i'm not making any comparisons, i'm just stating the obvious. playing on an international level could be much more difficult than playing on the club level for some players, that was my comparison if any @ all. but i guessed that flew over your head like ah like ah stealth bomber, didn't it ?

PS: and if i did make a comparison it was to indicate their short comings and not the other way around. all the players i mentioned often struggle on an international level, but have an easier time playing on a club level.

now did i really have tuh go though all that?  :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Damn, Paraguay vs Brazil too!

I need PIP!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2011, 02:25:47 PM »
Paraguay 2-1 up, and deserve it

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »
Argentina fans have a reason to smile now.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »
2-2, Fred wid d equaliser.

Fred should have been on the pitch from the start, this Brazil team is desperate for a target man.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
I feel it for Paraguay.  So close to 3 pts.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »

Yep-dey using it tuh mark the spots for free kicks and I think the walls. I think they should use that in all the leagues!
I see them use it in MLS games this season. A very good idea. Yeah Giggsy they use it for the walls too.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Venezuela running some good ball. Half time 0-0

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy