March 29, 2024, 12:22:02 AM

Author Topic: Copa America Thread  (Read 104795 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Copa America Thread.
« Reply #360 on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
the form Uruguay keeper in look out
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »
Come on Messi kiss dat argie badge!

giggsy11

« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
It good! Couldn't happen to a nicer fella!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »
Yep dey shoulda shoot him when dey had the chance......steups!!  
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
:devil:  :rotfl: watch and see , my goat mouth doh make joke 10 v 10 now

:shameonyou:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
Man put that last penalty in the V yes...wow!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »

:devil:  :rotfl: watch and see , my goat mouth doh make joke 10 v 10 now

:shameonyou:

LOL  LOL   LOL    :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »
Hard luck to the Argies . Pks suck.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
Muslera won that game for his team his boss saves kept Uruguay in it. Something tells me a big club might try a last second bid for him before his transfer to turkey goes through.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
I have a real soft spot for Uruguay... that was some classy PK's.. that keeper real f**king save tonight

TEVEZZZZ HAHAHA  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Batista loss he wuk yet?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
Argentina penalty luck ran out in Italia '90.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »
As disgusting as it was to watch suarez and, on a couple occasions,
even diego forlan, writhe around in excruciating agony upon the slightest contact to only spring up and c**tinue before the whistle could finish blow, ah hadda giddem dey pips on dem clinical PK's. The Argentinian din't stand much chance on any of them, as close as he came on one.  Muslera was simply superhuman tonight. I think he's been Uruguay's #1 since he's about 20 and he is worth his weight in gold. Tevez' penalty was ideally located for a 'keeper but it was hit with such power that you have to REL admire his quickness in getting across to it. He may have just guessed right, but it looked nice. 

Kaliman, you eh lie there ah-tall boy, you went way back on dah one....Argentina had gotten some rel heroics in 2 penalty shoot-outs from their one and only Sergio Goycochea, especially that
 similar performance he had against Italy as Muslera had tonight. Big up!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
even diego forlan, writhe around in excruciating agony upon the slightest contact to only spring up and c**tinue before the whistle could finish blow, ah hadda giddem dey pips on dem clinical PK's. The Argentinian din't stand much chance on any of them, as close as he came on one.  Muslera was simply superhuman tonight. I think he's been Uruguay's #1 since he's about 20 and he is worth his weight in gold. Tevez' penalty was ideally located for a 'keeper but it was hit with such power that you have to REL admire his quickness in getting across to it. He may have just guessed right, but it looked nice. 

Kaliman, you eh lie there ah-tall boy, you went way back on dah one....Argentina had gotten some rel heroics in 2 penalty shoot-outs from their one and only Sergio Goycochea, especially that

I know I just show mih age. It probably have people on this forum who were not even born yet when that world cup took place.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #375 on: July 16, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
argentina deserve that licks, played with a 1 man advantage for a long time and they looked like it was 11 vs 11.  Muslera is a boss, like allyuh didnt watch the world cup, Forlan get nearly all the pips for Uruguay big run to the semis but Muslera and Lugano played some serious ball in that world cup.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 17, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »

Forlan was not guilty of the acting I don't think- to me he had a picture perfect game... his technique is simply flawless....class as usual.  Muslera looked like Casillas tonight, pulling off some unbelievable stops - probably the game of his life...They def owe this victory to him...his penalty save was actually less impressive than some of his saves in the run of play. 

As for WC 1990, allyuh bring back real memories jed... Goyocochea was not a great GK technically but def made his name in the PK shootouts- The Arg - Italy game stood out more because the home tell fell, but to me Yugoslavia outplayed Argentina more so that Italy...The Italy game was the one game that Argentina actually played well after going behind relatively early....Argentina's blessing in disguise in that World Cup was Pumpido getting injured in the match against Cameroon (I think)...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:14:05 AM by kicker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:26 AM »
This is why I don't prognosticate. I said Colombia had a history of underachievers. Well, Peru did them in. After playing brilliantly in the 1st round, they allow Peru to sneak in 2 against them. But say wha, football is a cruel sport.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:59 AM »

Forlan was not guilty of the acting I don't think- to me he had a picture perfect game... his technique is simply flawless....class as usual.  Muslera looked like Casillas tonight, pulling off some unbelievable stops - probably the game of his life...They def owe this victory to him...his penalty save was actually less impressive than some of his saves in the run of play. 

As for WC 1990, allyuh bring back real memories jed... Goyocochea was not a great GK technically but def made his name in the PK shootouts- The Arg - Italy game stood out more because the home tell fell, but to me Yugoslavia outplayed Argentina more so that Italy...The Italy game was the one game that Argentina actually played well after going behind relatively early....Argentina's blessing in disguise in that World Cup was Pumpido getting injured in the match against Cameroon (I think)...

It had one time dat Forlan was on de ground like somebody crush he ankle wit a sledgehammer and he was back up in no time flat...ah only say "a couple times" in case ah did miss anyting, but I agree dat Forlan wasn't playin' the foul game like stinkin'-ass suarez.

Speaking of Goycochea...if I remember correctly, I think he had saved 1 penalty against Yugoslavia and 2 against Italy (but I could be wrong) and that is what had impressed me. GK's ain't supposed to be under the same kind or amount of pressure as the kickers but they are in a situation where their teams/countries NEED them to pull off some unlikely magic and DAT is rel pressha. He coulda easily do like Petr Cech and just "guess" (wrong, every damned time) but he didn't and to do it against one team and then come right back next game and do it again to me was rel impressive.....but he was kinda unorthodox in trute.  :beermug:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2011, 05:56:18 AM »

[/quote]

USSR
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:58:34 AM by College »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2011, 06:10:52 AM »

USSR
[/quote]

Ah cyah remember which game it was in trute dat he did get injured but one ting in meh memory is fuh sure: any Argentinian dat made safely outta dat first game against Cameroon coulda consider dey self lucky. Dem African was playin' some seriously physical football and left dey mark in de history books in more ways than one that day. 

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
suarez was real play acting but all players do it so i reach the point of not complaining anymore.  i wish fifa will try to do something like review fouls after game and men who playacting get fined.  once u start hitting their pockets they will think twice about playing de fool.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
suarez was real play acting but all players do it so i reach the point of not complaining anymore.  i wish fifa will try to do something like review fouls after game and men who playacting get fined.  once u start hitting their pockets they will think twice about playing de fool.
It would never happen but I eh think issuing fines would hurt them players, they make too much munny, especially since is some of THE very top players (suarez, cronaldo, Drogba, gerrard, etc....) that does be leading the charge. They need to start suspending the players and hurting the teams. I feel if anything would work better, is dat.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2011, 09:11:33 AM »
It would never happen but I eh think issuing fines would hurt them players, they make too much munny, especially since is some of THE very top players (suarez, cronaldo, Drogba, gerrard, etc....) that does be leading the charge. They need to start suspending the players and hurting the teams. I feel if anything would work better, is dat.

suspension might be more effective at the club level assuming they are not paid when suspended.  through the make a lot of money but i doubt they want to part with the money over play acting.

i doubt fifa will ever do anything so we just have to live with it.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
I glad Argentina Loss. Sorry Brown-Sugar. Maybe they needed some of you within their ranks to have a better solution. I'll back Pala Seco United over Argentina. Having said that.... Birchall had a nice game against Real Madrid.. Did I mention how much I dislike Argentina??? :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
 Argentina's blessing in disguise in that World Cup was Pumpido getting injured in the match against Cameroon (I think)...

USSR

Good call - thanks College.  :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
       If we are going to suspend players for faking these fouls unnecessarily,you have to be prepared to suspend players who purposely come out to hurt other players.
       The other thing we have to take into consideration is,while these are big money players these are the players people paying their money to see,taking them out of games or regular suspensions will have an effect on the leagues so i guess it's something the various Leagues protecting. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

Allyuh realize dis was a "Copa America" tournament... right?  Dai'z how dem latins like to play, dey like it so so nutten will happen.  That is part of they "culture".

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »
Allyuh realize dis was a "Copa America" tournament... right?  Dai'z how dem latins like to play, dey like it so so nutten will happen.  That is part of they "culture".

Funny you say that... and I get where you're coming from, but from what I remember diving became a major talking point in modern day football in the same World Cup 1990 that folks touched on in this thread, (the first world cup that I believe was significantly marred by play-acting and simulation) and the biggest perpetrators were the Germans.  Klinsmann was probably the first notorious diver in the modern game- Rudi Voeller to lesser extent.  Klinsmann even had a diving celebration which poked fun at himself when he played at Tottenham. 

giggsy11

« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »
Ah see James Brown took his hairstyle back from Robinho.

1]; } ?>