March 28, 2024, 06:24:16 AM

Author Topic: Copa America Thread  (Read 104634 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Copa America Thread
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
Do you think that the T&T team from the Gold Cup would have won group A  (Venezuela, Peru, Uruguay and Bolivia), and advanced to the quarter finals?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copa America Question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
No!!!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:52 PM »
I would like u to give me back the last few seconds of my life for reading this thread.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
I would like u to give me back the last few seconds of my life for reading this thread.

lmao

Patriotism is good and what not, but seriously... :D

Doh dig no horrors Elan. Yuh heart in the right place.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:34:30 PM »
Negro is you crazy???? HELLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:35:55 PM »
Do you think that the T&T team from the Gold Cup would have won group A  (Venezuela, Peru, Uruguay and Bolivia), and advanced to the quarter finals?

To put it in perspective:
1. In 5 attempts we have never beaten Venezuela, and dey have been steadily on de rise de last few years.
2. We've played Peru twice. De Strike Squad beat dem, but when de Soca Warriors played dem last year, we had to come from behind to equalise.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

not only would they have not won the group, they would most likely finish dead last...kinda like they did in an inferior Gold Cup group

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

Kinda surprise a lot of people replied to this, cause I thought it was a joke  :rotfl:

I mean you are talking about the same team who could not beat USA, El Salvador and Drew with Guatemala? and wondering if they would have come out of a group with Peru and Uraguay?  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »

What's up with the negro thing,plus you know for sure he's a negro,allyuh have to check allyuh self weeeeeeeeeeeeee...............

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »

What's up with the negro thing,plus you know for sure he's a negro,allyuh have to check allyuh self weeeeeeeeeeeeee...............

:rotfl: Well yes. Why allyuh turning this noble thread into a pappy show?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
HELL 2 DA f**k NO!!!

we would be last if bolivia wasn't there.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 02:58:18 PM »
elan hadda be taking us for a lil' ride

this one was a little too far fetched

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »
if hardest came back in time - yes

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 03:16:16 PM »
HELL 2 DA f**k NO!!!

Still loving the avatars.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Big up yuhself...

Oh and and the answer is no f'ing way
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »
Nah breads I was watching the Tourney and to me this group was this easiest group. I did not say that we would. I asked "do You" think we would have? I just wanted to see what others think and what their reactions would be.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 04:37:07 PM »
No
Niet
Non
No
Nein

and any other non controversial n words u could think of...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
No
Niet
Non
No
Nein

and any other non controversial n words u could think of...

Nada
Nahi
Nil

;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »

so now it bad to say negro...wah does wrong with allyuh at all in here. it have real sensitive men in here wait....i eh knwo if yuh even male right. steups.
dais jus an expression. what yuh implying that if the person not negro he woudl take offence. allyuh does act like allyuh pmsin all de time.

and bout this thread. wasting bandwidth.....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 06:33:19 PM »
HELL 2 DA f**k NO!!!

Doh matter who get leff out- we were comin' last. Bolivia play some nice ball and if not for a last minute equalizer by Peru, Bolivia woulda been in the quarters....Everybody in that group was 10 times better than El Salvador....who beat us....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 07:22:45 PM »
Nah breads I was watching the Tourney and to me this group was this easiest group. I did not say that we would. I asked "do You" think we would have? I just wanted to see what others think and what their reactions would be.

That is kinda like asking "Do you think that Hitler was unfair to the Jews in WWII"

There could only be one rational answer, so it is not much of a question. That is why men wondering if yuh just trying to waste time.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »

so now it bad to say negro...wah does wrong with allyuh at all in here. it have real sensitive men in here wait....i eh knwo if yuh even male right. steups.
dais jus an expression. what yuh implying that if the person not negro he woudl take offence. allyuh does act like allyuh pmsin all de time.

I for one, am offended....henceforth I would prefer to be referred to as the melanin-enhanced-carbon based-life form

Thank you

oh, and as an addendum- Andre has the bestest avatars

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 08:11:37 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 08:10:45 PM »

I for one, am offended....henceforth I would prefer to be referred to as the melanin-enhanced-carbon based-life form

Thank you

MECBLF Please!!!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
we would of win it when pink hippos start havin sex with green zebras in elephant land ;D
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »
Elan, ah was going start ah thread on a similar topic but decided to weigh in on yours. After watching the last 20 minutes in the U-20 Mexico v Portugal game, ah say to mehself, "boy is ah good thing TnT didn't qualify for this U-20 WC." then ah start thinking, could we GC team beat the Mexico U-20? and ah done know the answer is ah big fat no! me eh unpatriotic and i is a die hard fan eh, but star i want to believe the worst Copa America team woulda crucify we, me eh know eh but i find most players (well other than some 'wild man' defenders) on most ah dem teams (the lesser ones) real skillful and like to take on man.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »

Tell me the question pop in your head after a bottle of Puncheon and some High Grade.....No offense to the Gold Cup squad...........but no way at all this happening !!!

As a nodder poster but it......hell no negro !!  lol.....Yawls to sensitive....I could also say Hell no Gringo .........for the lighter sahde peoples

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »

Thank you

oh, and as an addendum- Andre has the bestest avatars

Thank you
  :rotfl: Lawd have mercy...Dutty...how de arse you does come wid these things dred?
well yes

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Copa America Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »
2015 - Conmebol and CONCACAF join to play COPA America????????

I don't know if anyone post this before???

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1616/concacaf/2010/10/06/2153459/report-concacaf-request-entry-into-the-copa-america

The 2015 Copa America could for the first time include the entire American continent, after North American governing body CONCACAF made a formal request to FIFA to be included in the South American tournament.

Under preliminary proposals, six North and Central American teams would join the 10 CONMEBOL members in the cup, which could be renamed the Copa Americas. Currently teams such as Mexico and the United States have participated in the Copa, but only in a highly controversial guest role.

CONCACAF head Chuck Blazer confirmed in an interview with Sports Illustrated that the idea had been considered for a long time in the organization, but that this was the first time it had been officially approved and put forward. The official however also stated that the economic interests of North American sides would also have to be protected.

“Other configurations might lend themselves to being possible,” he said. “Economic parameters would need to be met. The Gold Cup is the main source of revenue to support the youth programs and competitions that we do. If we did [a Copa Americas], we would have to see how it would replace what currently exists.”

Talk all things soccer with the rest of our readers in the Goal.com Forums and join Goal.com USA's Facebook fan

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:46:58 PM by Flex »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Conmebol and CONCACAF join to play COPA America????????
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
it makes sense..it's essentially that with US and Mexico playing in it already...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Conmebol and CONCACAF join to play COPA America????????
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »
I suppose qualifying for that might be just as difficult as the WC or as far as TT is concerned,as difficult as the GC.

1]; } ?>