March 28, 2024, 03:59:03 AM

Author Topic: Copa America Thread  (Read 104624 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Copa America Thread.
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
Who see dat  bullet?  Goal boy!  Venezuela 2 Ecu 0

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
Who see dat  bullet?  Goal boy!  Venezuela 2 Ecu 0

1-0 breds

uela play some nice ball :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
Venezuela 1- Ecudor o
 After the second rounds
Venezuela- 4points
Brazil-2points
 Paraguay- 2points
 Ecuador-1 point

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »
Who see dat  bullet?  Goal boy!  Venezuela 1 Ecu 0

1-0 breds

uela play some nice ball :beermug:

Yeh I hit the wrong key thanks.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2011, 08:39:53 PM »
Brazil like dey saying anything Argentina do, we could do worse...

That's as bad as I've seen them play in a really really long time....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
Brazil like dey saying anything Argentina do, we could do worse...

That's as bad as I've seen them play in a really really long time....

you sure teams like venezuala not getting better breds  8)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2011, 09:29:55 PM »

That's definitely part of it...but still a poor performance by Brazil. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »

That's definitely part of it...but still a poor performance by Brazil. 

didn't see the match in entirety so i will go by your word bc you know your ball as well, i guess we will see what happens as the tournament progresses :beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
Colombia - Bolivia on Telefutura now.

Look Colombia just score...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
2-0 now.
So far Colombia is the class team of the tournament. They should have beaten Argentina in the 2nd game.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
I heard that Maturuna- Remember him from the last W?C campaignfor T&T is their technical Director?
 What a thing

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
I heard that Maturuna- Remember him from the last W?C campaignfor T&T is their technical Director?
 What a thing

saw him last week, the camera panned on him for a long time.    i cant remember how our team played when he was our coach but this colombia side impressed me in the game i saw them play against argentina.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »
 What a thing

Well if de job criteria is as it is for LP then i'm not very worried. I'm sure Maturana have good qualities they just didnt go with the material he had and he was unable to adapt. As meh boy Latas!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2011, 05:39:25 AM »
Pacho has always been a good coach. He has a proven record. The problem with him and the TT national team is timing and football politics. He came into TT football in a time of turmoil. He did not have the quality of players to work with. Jack tell him, here, work with them players and unfortunately they were not GOOD enough and he  could not bring them to a level to beat the US, Mex, CR, etc. Then he had to deal with TTFF administration politics. No explanation in that quarters.

Now I see everybody on the bandwagon singing Colombia praises. Colombia reminds me a of pre-WC Spain. Underachievers. When growing up Colombia was never in the WC picture. It use to be Peru. Colombia can beat the best teams in the world and then struggle against US, Mex and even TT. 

Last WC qualifying, Ven. hold them in Ven. and cut they arse proper. Their performance was disappointng.But this time around they have a good bunch of players that seems to have a good understanding among themselves. Their stopper who plays for Atletico Madrid is a boss player. He unfortunately players for the other Madrid team. This team reminds a bit of Maturana's team with Asprilla and Valderama, but without the big hoopla and dramatics. And no Pablo Escobar figure hanging around like an albatross. At least we hope so. I wish them the best.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »
 What a thing

saw him last week, the camera panned on him for a long time.    i cant remember how our team played when he was our coach but this colombia side impressed me in the game i saw them play against argentina.

they should have won the gamevs argentina ...man kich overbar when all he had in front of him was net ! ... Anyway dont say nothing bout Mats yuh hear ...Weary have ah personal wid she dentist ...
The Fire Mats campaign was probably the longest running thread of course < in close battle with the " hardest " thread.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »
Argentina make four changes for decider with Costa Rica
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12am GMT

Print | Single Page
[-] Text

<p>Argentina's Javier Mascherano (R) clears the ball away from Spain's Carlos Marchena during their friendly soccer match in Buenos Aires, September 7, 2010. REUTERS/Santiago Pandolfi</p>
1 of 1Full Size

By Rex Gowar

CORDOBA (Reuters) - Struggling hosts Argentina have made four changes for Monday's match against Costa Rica which they must win to be sure of reaching the Copa America quarter-finals.

Coach Sergio Batista announced his line-up, aimed at freeing Lionel Messi from close marking in the middle, on the squad's arrival in Cordoba from their Buenos Aires base on Sunday night.

Costa Rica, second in Group A after a 1-0 win over Bolivia, and Argentina, who have drawn twice, meet at Cordoba's Mario Alberto Kempes stadium on Tuesday (0045 GMT). Colombia won the group and qualified with a 2-0 win over Bolivia on Sunday.

"We needed more ball movement and Fernando (Gago) does that very well," Batista told a news conference, referring to using the Real Madrid midfielder in place of Ever Banega.

"And now we're going to have a number nine high up, even two," he added referring to bringing in Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Aguero in place of the ineffective Carlos Tevez and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The other change is Angel Di Maria on the left of midfield instead of Esteban Cambiasso, a winger in place of a defensive midfielder.

The plan, with a midfield that helped Batista's Olympic team win the soccer gold medal at the Beijing Games in 2008, is to allow Messi to roam, mainly on the right, and draw markers away from the Argentine creative hub while also joining it at will.

Messi, in a roaming centre forward role in the first two matches, suffered the close attentions of several players in scaled marking.

A frustrated Messi and the rest of the players were booed off the pitch in Santa Fe but Batista said he would never think of dropping the little FIFA world player of the year.

"The idea is always to build a team around Messi ... It's very hard to drop him because, for me, he is a 90-minute player. He can play badly a while, but he can always show you something," Batista said.

Team: Sergio Romero; Pablo Zabaleta, Nicolas Burdisso, Gabriel Milito, Javier Zanetti; Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Angel Di Maria; Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »
wait nah is this di same Costa rica team dat collect 4 frm mexico in the gold cup? if so South america football stinking theese days...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
Finally... Finally... 2 games later Argentina coach come to his senses with the formation.

Nice to see he starting with Di Maria. I personally woulda start Tevez over Higuain and play him in that narrow 2 up top and I woulda give Pastore some burn but daiz just me. Not too much in favor of dropping Cambiasso but I seeing the thinking with the way Gago does spray de ball.

Lewwe see if Argentina wake up with this setup.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
Finally... Finally... 2 games later Argentina coach come to his senses with the formation.

Nice to see he starting with Di Maria. I personally woulda start Tevez over Higuain and play him in that narrow 2 up top and I woulda give Pastore some burn but daiz just me. Not too much in favor of dropping Cambiasso but I seeing the thinking with the way Gago does spray de ball.

Lewwe see if Argentina wake up with this setup.

U read my mind with this post here Omar  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Playing Di Maria means it makes more sense to play Higuain, That gives the team a different dimension with wing play & crosses for Higuain to attack.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
wait nah is this di same Costa rica team dat collect 4 frm mexico in the gold cup? if so South america football stinking theese days...

war

Actually, as guest teams in this tournament, BOTH Mexico and Costa Rica are playing mostly with their U 23 players.

Given that, it's a tremendous performance from BOTH teams thus far in the Copa.

If a full strength Argentina cannot defeat a de facto Costa Rican U23 team AT HOME.....they don't deserve to be in the next round.  That simple.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

war

Actually, as guest teams in this tournament, BOTH Mexico and Costa Rica are playing mostly with their U 23 players.

Given that, it's a tremendous performance from BOTH teams thus far in the Copa.

If a full strength Argentina cannot defeat a de facto Costa Rican U23 team AT HOME.....they don't deserve to be in the next round.  That simple.

Doh study we ...study that venezuela leading all yuh group and allyuh draw the two games as well . Doh try to sneak in here with Brazil performing poorly and just wash yuh mouth on Argentina. I had to admit we eh looking good before I could comment on any team ...
talk bout yuh side ....Pato...Neymar  Robinho ..ganso ...what happening ??? Give us a little info on how you see tings nah ....
fellas dis is juss me an Palos here eh ... is long time we have dis running battle. Palos telling me we go lorse the copa ...a whole year now ...Copa start ..nothing from Palos. If brazil was beating people ah was sure to get some talk, especially since we ress a hurtful loss on dem last time we met.
This is the biggest rivalry in international football ....... respeck to england vs germany ! everyonme waiting to see the battle .....I wish they noth make it of course ...just a certain Uruguay team have me a little worried ...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »
Finally!
I was getting withdrawal symptoms.

I wonder if "the catalan" know the anthem?

giggsy11

« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »
Listening to the Argentina anthem was like listening to opera! The press was making a big deal that Messi doesn't sing the anthem-I wonder if he knows it? ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:59:57 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
Go Costa Rica, i want to see some Argentinian tears tonight !!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
Listening to the Argentina anthem was like listening to oprea! The press was making a big deal that Messi doesn't sing the anthem-I wonder if he knows it? ;D

They could say what they want. That anthem reeeaaaaaaallllllll long. In fact the fella tonight sing the abridged version.

As for the game. Argentina already looking better than the last two games.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
No. 6 from Costa Rica (Mora? - bald dude) is a good player....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:07 PM »
Doh study we ...study that venezuela leading all yuh group and allyuh draw the two games as well . Doh try to sneak in here with Brazil performing poorly and just wash yuh mouth on Argentina. I had to admit we eh looking good before I could comment on any team ...
talk bout yuh side ....Pato...Neymar  Robinho ..ganso ...what happening ??? Give us a little info on how you see tings nah ....
fellas dis is juss me an Palos here eh ... is long time we have dis running battle. Palos telling me we go lorse the copa ...a whole year now ...Copa start ..nothing from Palos. If brazil was beating people ah was sure to get some talk, especially since we ress a hurtful loss on dem last time we met.
This is the biggest rivalry in international football ....... respeck to england vs germany ! everyonme waiting to see the battle .....I wish they noth make it of course ...just a certain Uruguay team have me a little worried ...

Brazil and Argentina competing for the prize of biggest disappointment of the Copa....

Something tell me they will still meet in the final.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Arg should be up 3 or 4 goals by now....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Finally!!

1]; } ?>