April 26, 2024, 04:50:10 AM

Author Topic: Would BSC, Latapy & Nakhid have gotten us this far in WCQ?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Would BSC, Latapy & Nakhid have gotten us this far in WCQ?
« on: August 09, 2005, 10:22:15 PM »
Hypothetical question......

Bertille St. Clair as Head Coach
David Nakhid as an Assistant Coach/player
Russell Latapy as an assistant Coach/player

Could we have gotten to this position with  This Coaching-Trio leading the bandwagon?

Im not sure of the answer myself, I think there would have been advantages as well as disadvantages however was this prospect weighed before we brought in Beenie-man... Obviously they were all right there in the mix.  Bertille was still hanging on, Nakhid had just made a re-appearance and Latapy started talking shop again.

Considering that productivity is measured by the least amount of  resources used to achieve the best possible result, was the bringing in of Beenie-man (if short term only) the most productive way to go. BSC never had no Assistants with enough merit or weight to make a difference.... But Beenieman come with 2 of his own...  Im sure Beenie-man is worth every dollar to some Club or Country but was Trinbago that Country? Beenieman is saying and some forumites echoing  that there isn't much that Beenie-man  can do, at this point, then why do we need him and crew to do the little that there is to do... we could have stayed local, give BSC a swift speech, bring God#10 back along with Nakhid. who knows Kerry Jamerson mighta get jealous and put ah hand.

I believe that Latas and Nakhid woulda keep BSC quiet with de Rasta-Cane row business and assist in selecting the best Possible
Team...

Every Creed & Race
Find an Equal palce
And may God bless de Warriors

Note to Beenie-man-

We can always do bad by ourselves... we dont need no help in doing that, no excuses...
results or step. Thats why you get the big bucks... You & your assistants. You didnt want ours remember.
If no results then leh we down size...
plus I aint know who aint go want to play for Latas, Yorke and Lara
sorry I mean Nakhid....

The first round of drinks is on Oliver Camps.....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:15:35 PM by Tallman »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Would BSC, Latapy & Nakhid have gotten us this far in WCQ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 10:56:18 PM »
Beenhakker is a better option.  Latapy & Nakhid haven't been head coaches anywhere.  Can one be so sure that they would have absolutely transformed the team?  (They certainly would have had some sort of positive effect).  As for Beenhakker, how much of an effect can you expect after 3 1/2 months on the job? (maybe about 3 weeks total with the entire team)

You can't fault Beenhakker for bringing his own assisstants, every coach in every sport chooses his/her own assisstants.  (They're also very experienced moreso than Nakhid & Latapy)

Give Nakhid & Latapy some time to get some coaching experience.  (Plus Latapy isn't even interested at the moment and rightfully so)

People can talk about coaches all day, however I seriously doubt that our players are up to the task, and they're the ones who must execute on the field.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 09:03:43 AM »
Im with you Rocwell and clearly BSC, Latas and Nakhid could do with some experience but that is my exact point though.
I expect it to be an ardious task to get us to the WC. However if you have a Coach who saying that there isnt much that he can do, even prompting man like arrow to post "Did de Coach throw in de Towel" Why did we need to bring in the "Brass" to do this supposed limited work that exists. Could not the same inferior Coaching Trio have done the task due to its limitedness...

Dat is meh Question

yeh I make up da word  - Limitednesssss
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 03:18:02 PM »
So you want to leave a coach who was not getting results, who many of the players did not get along with or care to play for, and hope that two asst coaches who probobly dont get along themselves would have kept him inline, and make him stop calling big grown men Shirley and thing!!!
dont sound logical to me.
WC or not I hope Beenie stay on board,  and help us build a long term program.
And if allyuh think we paying him big money now, lawd help us if we do qualify and other countries start trying to tief him away to work his magic elsewhere...his stock going way up!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »
I guess yuh got to know when to call de apple rotten and BSC cya cut it with Beenie as his Assistant.  Guess your right.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>