April 29, 2024, 03:27:21 AM

Author Topic: Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder.  (Read 15730 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Warner steals T&T U-17s' thunder.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
Newsday has another article by Walter Alibey in today's print version on this event with a few more select Warner quotes. I don't see it online yet so I'll just retype the quotes here:

"Everyone in this country seem to think that the players are always right"

"To court it is heading and to court it will be for this impasse"

"I did not have to say this. I could have said I knew nothing about this promise because there is no signed documentation to show this agreement. But this happened because I was generous -- as I have been so many times in the past"
"I am paying for this generosity and honesty right now"

"This is being done by a few old players who will not represent Trinidad and Tobago in football again. And when I say old players I am not talking about Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy --- but players who will be too old to make the World Cup team in 2010."

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
Weeeeeeeeey.....de man is such a thief, he could steal thunder and all...

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »
So in Jack lil world a contract is only binding when it in writing? OK.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:38 PM »
This guy is out of touch with reality, he is living in his own little world with no one to answer too.

Unbelievable.........

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 02:08:23 PM »
jackula, who d fack is you to say when a player international football career should end. somebody need to bring dis rasclaat down to size.
d more ah read is d more vex ah getting. Steups!!!

Bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
Under 17s qualification celebrated... Warner comments on current impasse.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).  

Trinidad and Tobago’s qualification for the FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea next month was celebrated in lavish fashion at a reception hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence  Sepp Blatter Hall on Sunday morning.
The 32 players, including the 20-man squad that got through the CONCACAF final round of qualification in May in Jamaica were all toasted along with members of the technical staff headed by head coach Anton Corneal and manager Christopher Gouveia.
Several leading officials and personalities on the local football scene as well as Honourable Minister of Sport Roger Boynes, Brian Lewis, secretary general of the T&T Olympic Committee, Victor Daniel, General Secretary of the Grenada Football Association, Zoran Vranes, head coach of St Vincent/Grenadines and T&T head coach Wim Rijsbergen were present at the gathering.
Warner, special adviser to the TTFF also used the forum to vent his feelings on the ongoing impasse between the TTFF and the majority of T&T’s 2006 World Cup squad.
But that aside, the event was hosted by the TTFF and coordinated by All Sports Promotions with the Under 17s in mind. And every member of the squad stood proudly before the audience when he was introduced and invited to take the stage.
A video highlighting the team led by Leston Paul was also on display at the event and will air on the local Football 07 program this month.
Warner said the young team presented a sense of hope for T&T.
“This is a team sport. You are playing for your team and your country and if you do that whenever the result… we shall be proud. Our aspiration is not so much of course is win the Under 17 Final but to show what a small country like T&T can produce. You are the future of sport, you are the beacon of hope for this country where of course in a sense sport and  culture are the only two unifying forces in this country. You have a chance to take over where the senior players have left off. And when you leave here on August 5 bear in mind that you are now on the threshold of your career. Let this qualification mark the commencement of your football career, not its consummation. If you go there and perform as you can, then you would have serve us very proudly.”
On the topic of the “Soca Warriors” impasse, Warner added that he wanted the “public to know and for the public to judge” and that the time will come when he and the TTFF shall reveal with its figures and documents to support them. Lawyers advised him against using Sunday’s forum to do so but he promised to do it sometime in the future.
"The TTFF owes not a single player any money for any match based on any contract signed by the players.
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'. Warner added saying that it was his first and last mistake referring to his verbal agreements to give the players 50 percent of the net proceeds following the team’s 0-0 draw with Sweden. “At the end of the day that is the issue. Not a single match, not a single contract. Everything has been honoured. There is no record of that (the 50 percent agreement). “I could have said I never said so.”
Warner mentioned that some of the players leading the fight were already somewhat too old to play for the country again but noted that none of them were neither Russell Latapy nor Dwight Yorke.
He added that the monies coming into the TTFF has to be used for investing for future national teams and development but not to give to players. He revealed that no country receives money from FIFA for qualifying for a FIFA youth tournament and the world governing body assists only with the airfare. He also applauded the Senior Team for its fighting display at the 2007 Gold Cup at which it did no better nor worse than previous national teams.
He said publicly it should be noted that Jamaican technical director Bora Milutinovic is receiving a salary is twice what T&T head coach Wim Rijsbergen and his assistant is receiving. And even after Jamaica suffered embarrassing results on a recent Asian tour, its Government is still supporting through payment of salaries. Yet the T&T Government has not followed up on its promise to pay the T&T technical staff. Boynes though informed Warner that the monies were approved last Friday. Warner assured Rijsbergen that he would pay his salaries for May and June.
The CONCACAF President also a presentation to former Malvern player and coach Robbie Greenidge of $3,000 a month and the use a rental car until he passes on. Greenidge recently suffered a stroke.  Cas Brown was also awarded the same $3,000 per month payment.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
in odder words..."yuh is ah old shithong...get tuh f#ck outta here"....a TTFF man told me last week all the money and efforts going behind this U-17 team for 2014....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »
The TTFF owes not a single player any money for any match based on any contract signed by the players.
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'. Warner added saying that it was his first and last mistake referring to his verbal agreements to give the players 50 percent of the net proceeds following the team’s 0-0 draw with Sweden. “At the end of the day that is the issue. Not a single match, not a single contract. Everything has been honoured. There is no record of that (the 50 percent agreement). “I could have said I never said so.”

Now, I'm not the brightest person in the world, but .......

if TTFF doesn't owe the players any money, why is Jack saying it was a mistake to refer to the 50%?

If there was no record of the 50% agreement, there is now, because Mr Warner has just admitted to it!!

If everything has been honoured, why doesn't TTFF pay the agreed charity money to the players, so it can be distributed?

If everything has been honoured, why doesn't TTFF pay back the 26% tax they illegally withheld?

I see a man who is panicking and has nowhere to go.

I see the beginning of the end.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
The TTFF owes not a single player any money for any match based on any contract signed by the players.

if TTFF doesn't owe the players any money, why is Jack saying it was a mistake to refer to the 50%?

If there was no record of the 50% agreement, there is now, because Mr Warner has just admitted to it!!

If everything has been honoured, why doesn't TTFF pay the agreed charity money to the players, so it can be distributed?

If everything has been honoured, why doesn't TTFF pay back the 26% tax they illegally withheld?

i see a man looking for a sympathetic ear where ever he can find one...it only matters what is said in the court room now.

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 03:37:33 PM »
Jack has been in deeper holes than this one.  As much as I despise the man and want to see him go..ee him fall...and fall hard.

the rumours of his demise or near demise are greatly exaggerated!

Take note FPATT!...yuh dealing wit an man wo could rest ah sweet wine on ah snake!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »

Careful Ponnox look to hit yuh a cyber slap.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF special adviser knocks Soca Warriors, Government and Warriors
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »
Steups....what a way to start my day. Dis man REAL shameless.  >:(

Boss, 11:43 pm yuh day does start, wey de hell yuh doing so, fuh yuh day tuh start at at dat time ah de night. No dis, but may be yuh make ah mistake wid yuh post, but ah couldn't help but tuh observe dat. Is people like police, thief, security, hustlers, people wukin wid de devil, just tuh name ah few, dat dey day does start at dat time ah de night  ???  :devil:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »
As long as Jack has the FIFA ace up his sleeve, I have to admit we can't beat him. If the the gov't make any move to overthrow him and set up a new Assoc/Federation, FiFA law will dictate suspension. I think Jack had them push thru that law to save his backside.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
Hey dcs,

I eh hearing yuh. Yuh alright breds? Say something nah, so I can properly analyze and process the presumably "unfair" and "unwarranted" things being said about Jackula an' ting. Your composure is needed here, as yuh know we does tend to jump to conclusions too quickly...right?  :'(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:52:40 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »

Boss, 11:43 pm yuh day does start, wey de hell yuh doing so, fuh yuh day tuh start at at dat time ah de night. No dis, but may be yuh make ah mistake wid yuh post, but ah couldn't help but tuh observe dat. Is people like police, thief, security, hustlers, people wukin wid de devil, just tuh name ah few, dat dey day does start at dat time ah de night  ???  :devil:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Close enuff oui. Plus i in trini..me eh know wha timezone setting dis set on. Yuh know wha it is yuh sit up waiting fuh yuh birthday to reach and read dat shit? steupssss
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2007, 06:47:08 PM »
i was not online for a while but let me take this opportunity to tell jack haul he mudder c*&t  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »
money coming into the TTFF's hands should now be used for long-term investment in football and not in players "who are over-aged and will never play for this country again".
 :'( :'( :'( :'( I WANT MY SOCA WARRIORS ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i didn't have to wait fuh jack  to say it to know that these guys may never play for tnt again :( :( :(
 we have to pray for some type of miracle.....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 08:21:03 PM »
Hey dcs,

I eh hearing yuh. Yuh alright breds? Say something nah, so I can properly analyze and process the presumably "unfair" and "unwarranted" things being said about Jackula an' ting. Your composure is needed here, as yuh know we does tend to jump to conclusions too quickly...right?  :'(

ok lemme read the whole thread   ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »
After going on about making a mistake of being "too generous", he then admitted that he did, by word of mouth after the famous 0-0 draw with Sweden in Trinidad and Tobago's opening match at the World Cup in Germany, agree and promise to increase the Warriors share of the TTFF's net proceeds from 30 to 50 per cent.
"I could have said I didn't say so, I stammer and I talk fast," he stated. "I could have said 'all yuh misunderstand me'."

So basically Jack saying here .....AHH ahh alyah ahh was excited and kindaa tipsyy after alyah tie tiee Sweden .When when ah promise that ,steuppsss me ein ;t know alyah go take me serious .How the f**k ah go give alyah half ,alyah kinda do tis owha 
this is eddie muphy raw owha ' Gimme Half half eddie " :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Jack is ass oui
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:37:43 PM by Quagmire »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »

Boss, 11:43 pm yuh day does start, wey de hell yuh doing so, fuh yuh day tuh start at at dat time ah de night. No dis, but may be yuh make ah mistake wid yuh post, but ah couldn't help but tuh observe dat. Is people like police, thief, security, hustlers, people wukin wid de devil, just tuh name ah few, dat dey day does start at dat time ah de night  ???  :devil:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Close enuff oui. Plus i in trini..me eh know wha timezone setting dis set on. Yuh know wha it is yuh sit up waiting fuh yuh birthday to reach and read dat shit? steupssss

I eh catch dat part 2 well doh, but I in south Florida (EST- eastern standard time) small thing doh  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 02:06:16 AM »

thunder, wind, hurricane...anything that not nailed down  >:(
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 05:09:14 AM »
  Why would Jack come out of de blocks now ?
Dis matter not in court yet ?
 Something sinister about this, Jack playing a game here, I don't know if is public sympathy he looking for because de election date now in a front pocket or if is something else.
Most of the men who involved in football home almost ambivalent about the whole thing some even think that the players (foriegn based) jus fighting down money !!

The players have to come out jus like Jack and explain AGAIN this whole issue.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 05:12:23 AM »
Dat is what yuh call bold face tief!!!..... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:52 AM »
a TTFF man told me last week all the money and efforts going behind this U-17 team for 2014....   they locking off the seniors

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »
a TTFF man told me last week all the money and efforts going behind this U-17 team for 2014....   they locking off the seniors

Dat might be what dey want people to believe.

It will be interesting to see how much "all the money & efforts" will actually bear fruit in times to come.

Dis is de TTFF and dem is tief.  What convince me is how suddenly capable dey was when de team had to prepare fuh de World Cup.  Dat show me dat it wasn't dat dey wasn't capable all along.  Dey CHOSE not to be.  And dey doin it again.

So whoever want to believe dem lyrics bout all de money & efforts goin behind de U 17 team for 2014 could do so.  I go believe when I see it.  Which mean....I eh believin a blasted ting dem say.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2007, 08:49:58 AM »
PALOS WHAT I MEANT AND THE TING IS THE MAN SAYING DAT BECAUSE IS LIKE A SPITE TING....NO MONEY FOR THE GREEDY SENIORS...DE YOUTHS WILL GET....SO IS AHEARLY BRAINWASH

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »

thunder, wind, hurricane...anything that not nailed down  >:(

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :busshead: :busshead: :busshead: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »
PALOS WHAT I MEANT AND THE TING IS THE MAN SAYING DAT BECAUSE IS LIKE A SPITE TING....NO MONEY FOR THE GREEDY SENIORS...DE YOUTHS WILL GET....SO IS AHEARLY BRAINWASH

Nah breddrin. Meh post wasn't targeted at you eh.  Is jes I fed up wit TTFF and dey lies and downright nastiness.  Yuh right....is a brainwash self.

Respeck always.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »
yea man...cool....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »
palos and Big Mag. Both of you are right on target. Heartening to know that you see the light
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>