April 24, 2024, 11:23:01 AM

Author Topic: Gallas to Wenger: Show me You're serious!  (Read 3079 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Gallas to Wenger: Show me You're serious!
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007310584,00.html

WILLIAM GALLAS has hinted he will walk away from Arsenal if the club do not match his ambition.

Gallas, 29, joined the Gunners from Chelsea last August with Ashley Cole heading in the opposite direction.

But while Cole enjoyed Carling Cup and FA Cup glory with the Blues, Gallas endured a frustrating season as Arsene Wenger's men finished empty-handed.

And Gallas, who has already seen French team-mate Thierry Henry quit the Emirates, is running out of patience.

The defender said: "Today I am at Arsenal but I do not know what can occur tomorrow — it all happens so quickly in the world of football.

"I will have a discussion with Arsene Wenger and the board to discover the objectives of the club this season.

"It is important to know what they will do to build an even more competitive team."

Gallas also fears Henry's departure has left a number of Arsenal stars considering their position.

He added: "What is sure, is that several players are questioning the club's future.

"Around us, all the teams are recruiting but what is planned to compensate for the departure of Thierry?

"I am not at Arsenal to play for third place.

"It is necessary to recruit players of reputation because the young players have many qualities but the season is very long.

"The young players are thirsty for victories but Arsenal must obtain results to gain titles
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gallas to Wenger: Show me You're serious!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007310584,00.html

WILLIAM GALLAS has hinted he will walk away from Arsenal if the club do not match his ambition.

Gallas, 29, joined the Gunners from Chelsea last August with Ashley Cole heading in the opposite direction.

But while Cole enjoyed Carling Cup and FA Cup glory with the Blues, Gallas endured a frustrating season as Arsene Wenger's men finished empty-handed.

And Gallas, who has already seen French team-mate Thierry Henry quit the Emirates, is running out of patience.

The defender said: "Today I am at Arsenal but I do not know what can occur tomorrow — it all happens so quickly in the world of football.

"I will have a discussion with Arsene Wenger and the board to discover the objectives of the club this season.

"It is important to know what they will do to build an even more competitive team."

Gallas also fears Henry's departure has left a number of Arsenal stars considering their position.

He added: "What is sure, is that several players are questioning the club's future.

"Around us, all the teams are recruiting but what is planned to compensate for the departure of Thierry?

"I am not at Arsenal to play for third place.

"It is necessary to recruit players of reputation because the young players have many qualities but the season is very long.

"The young players are thirsty for victories but Arsenal must obtain results to gain titles

well its best you leave...  cuz 4th or worse are on the cards for next season

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »
so why de puck he leave Chelski  ::)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:31:58 PM »
another whiny Frenchman..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »
Gallas dis Adebeyor, VanPersie and Da Silva in one swoop dey :devil:

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
Why people, Arsenal Haters too, are so intent on the Gunners? ??? ???

Be happy about your team and leave us alone.
TnT Patriot

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:42 AM »

allyuh leave them alone...they have not yet recovered from the loss of Viera ...now Henry, go easy on them.   :devil:

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »

don't be mad at the messenger horse. i just relaying. that team falling apart so damn fast. is everyday the headlines have something negative. doe worry we have plenty space on the blue bus for men like you, jahyouth and gallas...
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 06:41:32 AM »
Gallas dis Adebeyor, VanPersie and Da Silva in one swoop dey :devil:
and Walcott as well
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 07:02:34 AM »
that good for gallas..

de man leave a good club like chelsea, where you he was one of the best defenders in the world, talking some nonsense bout he want to play centre back consistently...

the team comes first and the chelsea defensive unit was strongest with terry and carvalho in the centre and gallas at wing back..

now he ketchin he skin in arsenal, because they all about pretty boy football with no end product..

why argue? ent de grass was greener on de other side?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 07:56:41 AM »
I am not so sure that Gallas really knows what he wants. The departure from Chelsea was so ugly (still waitng on that press conference) and one had to woder what was going on behind the scenes, because publicly, up to that point, Jose & Co. made it quite clear what an integral part of team he was and they sat down and offerred him more money.   I can accept that maybe he was tired of being the "utility defender" of choice on any given day, but he filled that role so well (and scored the odd goal or two) that I thought he would have felt appreciated with all the recognition his performances brought him along with all the praise he received from the team.  Maybe he's just voicing what he feels are legitimate concerns for him....maybe he's scared.  Maybe playing alongside T. Henry was his sole reason for joining Arsenal.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
Arsenal play real ball last year, beating the eventual league champions twice and pepper Liverpool ass in the process. So all man who taking them lightly look out and some point all them miss chances will hit the target allyuh watch
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
Arsenal play real ball last year, beating the eventual league champions twice and pepper Liverpool ass in the process. So all man who taking them lightly look out and some point all them miss chances will hit the target allyuh watch

like yuh didnt observe that they had a tendancy to play down to their oppostion. all that real ball got them was 4th place and no silverware.
and if you think this seasons team shaping up to be better than last seasons...well only time will tell.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
Why people, Arsenal Haters too, are so intent on the Gunners? ??? ??

It's mandatory and frankly very easy to do.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 03:58:50 PM by PantherX »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
Why people, Arsenal Haters too, are so intent on the Gunners? ??? ??

It's mandatory and frankly very easy to do.

imagine a Spurs fan actually brave enough to talk about Arsenal. Arsenal only have to show up and Spurs already loss. Not even a consideration in the argument  :devil:
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:40 PM »
gallas bredda yuh ciud come tuh manchester united!
all dat is necessary is necessary

1]; } ?>