April 26, 2024, 07:04:14 AM

Author Topic: BRAZIL V USA - under 20  (Read 17808 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BRAZIL V USA - under 20
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
Bake and Shark the man just correctin your inaccuracy, just like you do half the time.
Learn to take correction gracefully.

buh what de mudda ass...lol
Ah really want tuh tell yuh tuh mind yuh friggin business eh...
Instead I'll just say that, yuh have no idea about de dialogue between Arimaman and mihself...notice how he took mih response?  Good.

Just some friendly advice, doh eat up yuhself lol

No scenes

...except your 'advice' is unwarranted, unwelcomed and unnecessary.

:beermug: same way.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »
I still ent fully see what it is he pull to get out that corner to set up Altidore's second goal.  This is what to me is the sweet thing about watching this team...son of Ghanaian immigrants setting up the son of Haitian immigrants for the score, while on the Senior team, Ricardo Clark...son of Trini immigrants doing big things for them.  The team is a true melting pot of cultures and ethnicities.

Ricardo Clark family are Jamaican immigrants, not trini....  wherever allyuh get that info, it incorrect.  The man parents Jamaican not trini.

From what I understand his father is from Trinidad. Now he may be wrong hahahaha ;D

This is what I thought too...but I couldn't find any information one way or another, only that he was born in Atlanta.  Any sources?

Arimaman...any sources about him being Jamaican?

Sources...what allyuh think this is google?  Actually, one of my good friends who is a licensed coach here in GA, knows his dad and brother very well.  That's my source.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:35 PM »
Allyuh could quarrell eh? And Brasil still goan win the Cup!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »
I still ent fully see what it is he pull to get out that corner to set up Altidore's second goal.  This is what to me is the sweet thing about watching this team...son of Ghanaian immigrants setting up the son of Haitian immigrants for the score, while on the Senior team, Ricardo Clark...son of Trini immigrants doing big things for them.  The team is a true melting pot of cultures and ethnicities.

Ricardo Clark family are Jamaican immigrants, not trini....  wherever allyuh get that info, it incorrect.  The man parents Jamaican not trini.

From what I understand his father is from Trinidad. Now he may be wrong hahahaha ;D

This is what I thought too...but I couldn't find any information one way or another, only that he was born in Atlanta.  Any sources?

Sources...what allyuh think this is google?  Actually, one of my good friends who is a licensed coach here in GA, knows his dad and brother very well.  That's my source.

I have to interject a little bit there Brent his Dad is actually trini and his mom is guyanese my source is well me.....I'm friends with his family his brother played with me in college and we roomed together his dad coaches too always a really quiet youth used to come by us in school to hang out i so we try to put kick on him but he always eluding tackle ...he pretty quick and technically sound.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »

I have to interject a little bit there Brent his Dad is actually trini and his mom is guyanese my source is well me.....I'm friends with his family his brother played with me in college and we roomed together his dad coaches too always a really quiet youth used to come by us in school to hang out i so we try to put kick on him but he always eluding tackle ...he pretty quick and technically sound.

I will reconfirm again.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

Sources...what allyuh think this is google?  Actually, one of my good friends who is a licensed coach here in GA, knows his dad and brother very well.  That's my source.

I will reconfirm again.

Dis is a post on bigsoccer by Sandon Mibut from Dec 2004:

Capped yanks that could have played for another country

Jeff Agoos - Switzerland (birth)
Chris Armas - Puerto Rico/Cuba (parents)
Imad Baba - Palestine (parents)
Marcelo Balboa - Argentina (parents)
Edson Buddle - Jamaica (parents)
Mark Chung - Canada (birth), Jamaica (parents)
Ramiro Corrales - Mexico (parent)
Jeff Cunningham - Jamaica (birth)
Landon Donovan - Canada (parents)
Tom Dooley - Germany (birth)
Alecko Eskandarian - Iran (Parents)
Robin Fraser - Jamaica (birth)
Nick Garcia - Mexico (parents)
Eddie Gaven - Ireland (parents)
Cory Gibbs - Jamaica (parents)
Diego Gutierrez - Colombia (birth)
Henry Gutierrez - Cuba (birth)
Marcus Hahnemann - Germany (parents)
John Harkes - Scotland (parents)
Tim Howard - Hungary (parents)
Jovan Kirovski - Macedonia (parents)
Roy Lassiter - Costa Rica (marriage)
Carlos Llamosa - Colombia (birth)
Pablo Mastroeni - Argentina (birth), Italy (parents)
Tony Meola - Italy (parents)
Joe-Max Moore - Bolivia (marriage)
Oguchi Onyewu - Nigeria (parents)
Preki Radosavljevic - Yugoslavia (parents)
Tab Ramos - Uruguay (birth)
Ante Razov - Croatia (parents)
David Regis - France/Martinique (birth)
Claudio Reyna - Argentina/Portugal (parents)
Nick Rimando - Mexico/Philippines (parents)
Tony Sanneh - Gambia (parents)
Jon Spector - Ireland (parents)
Earnie Stewart - Holland (birth)
Ryan Suarez - Uruguay (parents)
John Thorrington - South Africa (birth)/England (parents)
Richie Williams - Costa Rica (marriage)

Also, some guys who are likely to be capped by Arena in the next year or two like Freddy Adu (Ghana), Robbie Russell (Ghana), Ricardo Clark (Trinidad and British Guyana), and Zak Whitbread (England) are eligible to play for another country, under current FIFA rules.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »

Now see this is why I like this board  :beermug:

Arimaman...Pothong...allyuh satisfied?  :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »

Also, some guys who are likely to be capped by Arena in the next year or two like Freddy Adu (Ghana), Robbie Russell (Ghana), Ricardo Clark (Trinidad and British Guyana), and Zak Whitbread (England) are eligible to play for another country, under current FIFA rules.

Great post Tallman  :notworthy:

I always wondered where Sanneh was from and somehow knew "Minnesota" (where he was born) wasn't the answer.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
   ......Too bad "Hooked-on Phonics" doesn't teach people to read more into something than what is actually written in front of them, you might actually learn something.
    Brazil's "pretty dancing and dribbling" has made them the most successful footballing country in the world, so when you talk about how it does nothing for them when they lose the odd game or two or tournament or two, including this one, the BIG picture is that:the formula still works for them, Padna. and not because people appreciate their style of play that they are not able to discern when they don't play well.  But you wouldn't know that now, would you?

lol...I actually find it hilarious that you would try and indict my education and reading abilities when you are so sadly deficient in both...but I've never had any interest in waving my 'papers' in anybody's face online so I'll leave you to flounder in that profound pool of ignorance in which you currently reside.  Now as for my actual statements:

like many Trinis you tend to get captivated by pretty dancing and dribbling when in reality man ent doing ah damn thing with the ball.

In your stunted intellectual capacity, you interpret that as a knock against the 'Brazilian' style of play...when in fact I was being critical of the play of Brazil's green forwards in this specific game.   Nowhere did I say/imply/can it be inferred that Brazil's yo-yoing of the ball does nothing for them, but a nuanced understanding would reveal that my statements imply that such 'fancy dribbling' is captivating to watch, but essentially pointless IF and UNLESS you actually do something with the ball.  I can only assume that most reading this would have derived the proper interpretation...you're obviously a special case onto yourself. [/color]

....And where and when in this particular game can you show me that Brazil was so guilty of your assessment of their "pretty dancing and (over) dribbling" to the extent that it necessitated that evaluation?  The fact that Brazil was hardly guilty of it as you so pointed out, makes it an indictment of their overall style of play.    

I don't expect anybody or everybody to read into and understand where I'm coming from when I post my thoughts, boss, and you are obviously no exception. Maybe when you DO actually graduate from secondary school, you might. 

Obviously my primary school education serving me better than your esteemed education ever will, as compromised as appears to be your ability to understand simple English...but I'm being unfair to you, maybe English isn't your first language.

Yes, your primary scchool education may serve you well where your self expression may be concerned, but it falls sadly short when it comes to understanding.  

You might begin to appreciate little things like how a country's culture affects their style of play and WHY IT IS that Brazilians "pretty dance and dribble" like they do. 

What on earth, pray tell...does the reasons WHY they dance, have to do with their failure to execute offensively during the game, as was my critique?  Does that excuse or even begin to mitigate the fact that they very likely will be sent home prematurely when so much was expected of them?  If Ato is running a 200m race and 5 m from the finish he pull up and buss ah hard wine mid-race and lose...should we care why??  Is saying 'Trinis like tuh party...dai'z how we is, we doh study pressha'  a suitable excuse for why he failed to win a race that was for the taking?  Cultural leanings have nothing to do with winning or losing footbal games, execution or lack thereof do.  Bottomline.

How silly of me to think that you would even begin to understand how the culture of a nation can be linked to the way it's footballers would express themselves on a football field and how one country's style of play would differ from another as a result.  The extreme example you offered up as your rebuttal shows how short-sighted and narrow your view is an how much you are yet to learn. clearly you need to go a lot further back than Socrates, Zico, Paolo Isidoro, Eder And Falcao.    

In the meantime, you'll just continue to be one of their big-mouth haters, talking a pack ah "Bake n Shark" out yuh mouth while secretly sucking on the towel yuh does use to pick yuh nose and wipe behind yuh ears, WISHING  yuh coulda play football like dem.     

this is so foolishly petulant, presumptive and juvenile as really pre-empt any response.  Suffice to say that I've been admiring Brazil since the days of Zico, Socrates, Eder and Falcao...long before you even began to fester in your mother's bowels.
                   .....And I can assure you that all that has festered/does fester/ and will fester, in my mother's bowels, even when she finds comfort in her grave, is far better than anything your mother's rotting excuse of a c**t can ever dream of squirting out on her best night on the town with any of your many fathers.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »

Now see this is why I like this board  :beermug:

Arimaman...Pothong...allyuh satisfied?  :D

Well done.  Give credit when it is due....  Bottom line, he is still ah yankee but good to see the trini connection. 

Ah firing meh source  ;D
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
[Arimaman...Pothong...allyuh satisfied?  :D

Clark's heritage is of no interest to me.

Oh yeh, good list dey.

Ah late, but who saw the streaker in the Nigeria - Costa Rica game?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:31:30 PM by Peong »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »
                   .....And I can assure you that all that has festered/does fester/ and will fester, in my mother's bowels, even when she finds comfort in her grave, is far better than anything your mother's rotting excuse of a c**t can ever dream of squirting out on her best night on the town with any of your many fathers.
Instead of conjuring up disturbing sexual fantasies involving older women...shouldn't you be doing important toddler activities like playing with yuh shit...eating dirt...and exploring the wonders of yuh navel?

...neither should be a conversation between Arimaman and myself  ;)

...by the way, glad yuh know tuh answer tuh yuh name when yuh hear it call  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:35:21 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »

Great post Tallman  :notworthy:

I always wondered where Sanneh was from and somehow knew "Minnesota" (where he was born) wasn't the answer.

Imagine..Balboa parents left Argentina and de man hair was still in ah mess. It in de genes

Too bad Chung didn't rep Jamaica. The foreign press woulda jump on that the way they jump on Birchie  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »

Too bad Chung didn't rep Jamaica. The foreign press woulda jump on that the way they jump on Birchie  ;)
Jamaica have one set ah mix up footballers fuh true...him, Ziadie...and ent Tyrone Marshall from JA too?

Donovan being Canadian surprise mih.  Watch Beasley great-grandfather uncle turn out tuh be Grenadian, lol

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »

...neither should be a conversation between Arimaman and myself  ;)

...by the way, glad yuh know tuh answer tuh yuh name when yuh hear it call  :rotfl:

I wasn't interested in the conversation, just the principle.

As for my name, I know you just bein childish so it doh bother me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2007, 06:19:17 PM »

I wasn't interested in the conversation, just the principle.

As for my name, I know you just bein childish so it doh bother me.

Fair enuf, I on kicks...but I fail to see what 'priniciple' yuh talking about...me saying Clark was Trini apparently touched Arimaman enuf that he had tuh mention twice in de same sentence that Clark was of Jamaican heritage...not once, but twice.  I jokingly tell de man doh eat up heself and acknowledge the fact that I wasn't sure and willing to concede if he was right.

Whey you come in with this 'principle' talk??

Mystifying.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 06:25:18 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2007, 07:15:27 PM »
It doesn't require any more explanation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2007, 07:34:27 PM »
I just playing de ass and want tuh be in thing.
Gotcha

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2007, 05:12:22 AM »
Instead of conjuring up disturbing sexual fantasies involving older women...shouldn't you be doing important toddler activities like playing with yuh shit...eating dirt...and exploring the wonders of yuh navel?
                   :rotfl:  Nice try fishing for a playdate and (yet another) daddy at the same time, but wishful thinking.  I do hope you both find the company you're looking for though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:23:38 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2007, 05:26:56 AM »
Allyuh could quarrell eh? And Brasil still goan win the Cup!

As long as is not de US of A.....sssstteeeuuupppsss....

Damn Yankees dem.....chuppss....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »
Gotcha

I just have a lot of spare time since my boyfriend left me.

That's not cool.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »

:rotfl:  Nice try fishing for a playdate and (yet another) daddy at the same time, but wishful thinking.  I do hope you both find the company you're looking for though.

Not for nothing, you are the poster child for arrested development...

I have better things to do than sit here and trade mother talk with ah grown, hardback 40 year old man...talking about 'play date' and looking fuh daddy.  The funny thing is I'm now starting to view your 'secondary school' talk as a serious case of projection on your part.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2007, 08:47:37 AM »
Gotcha

I just have a lot of spare time since my boyfriend left me.

That's not cool.

Have de last word fella...you apparently need it.  Next time yuh see two grown men talking doh, mind yuh fucking business

bless up.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »
I don't want the last word, you created a post and made it look like it was from me, so I responded to that.

Any posts on a forum are fair game.
If yuh want privacy just use a pm.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »

Not for nothing, you are the poster child for arrested development...

I have better things to do than sit here and trade mother talk with ah grown, hardback 40 year old man...talking about 'play date' and looking fuh daddy.  The funny thing is I'm now starting to view your 'secondary school' talk as a serious case of projection on your part.

If you so have better things to do then go do them, sir.  Don't talk about it if you're not going to be about it. Whether you checked my age, name, rank or serial number or not, I'm not taking anything you say to heart, boss because you and I both know that half the things you say you're only doing so because you have some comfort of anonymity behind which to say them.  If yuh don't want to trade "mudder talk" then leave people mudder out yuh mouth.     

1]; } ?>