April 16, 2024, 09:08:02 AM

Author Topic: How Good is Ryan Babel? Give your Evaluations...  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
How Good is Ryan Babel? Give your Evaluations...
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:40:06 AM »
'Pool up they bid for the hottest young property in Dutch football to 13.5 million pounds.  Fellas, Benitez doh splash money and up bids so easy; he is a miser, if yuh ask me.  De man return with an improved bid within a few days, so ah guess he really want this winger.  Van Basten say this youth is de real deal; he made his senior debut in 2005, and he is 20 years of age.  What allyuh think bout this youth?

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How Good is Ryan Babel? Give your Evaluations...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:52:26 AM »
 The man is a great player...I thought Arsenal would have snapped himup

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
He is the real deal. Has everything

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:11:59 AM »
babel is a very good player and young. hmmm....looks like we not getting quaresma but oh well babel just as dangerous.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:33:16 PM »
babel is a very good player and young. hmmm....looks like we not getting quaresma but oh well babel just as dangerous.

Let's not go crazy now mih dupes...lot's of pace and he does score goals too, but don't stretch it. Quaresma is dungeon master 4 level, I eh think d Babeee could ramp with that as yet. He also not an out and out winger which is what Benitez claim he wanted anyway...he ah winger in d 'dutch' sense where they play 4-3-3 and is more one of d outside strikers than a classic winger. How that fit into the 4-4-2 Liverpool play is ah unknown at the moment so let's not rush to hail this signin. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »
very well said 2cents...

i'm not convinced as yet by Babel, but I dont think i've seen enough of him to make a solid judgement.. whether or not he'll be better suited for an EPL wing than Pennant is left to be seen, but i thought Pennant came on well towards the end of last season..

quaresma would be a much better acquisition.. He is equal to C. Ronaldo, except without the brain, but he's grown one in the last couple years..

This season Liverpool will have absolutely no excuse not to be contending for 3 trophies, especially the league, to the very end of the season.. I hope Benitez puts faith in his talent and becomes more attack-minded in games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United this season which is where the trophy is decided.. He has a reputation for being extremely conservative in the big games, often isolating 1 striker alone up top and congesting the midfield and defence, and playing for a draw away from home..

cant wait for season to begin...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
dangerous dangerous dangerous...

great buy..  whoever gets him...

btw liverpoolians...

we cant buy every1
 Reds(liverpool ;D) agree Benayoun transfer fee
Liverpool have agreed a fee with West Ham for Yossi Benayoun, according to the Israeli international's agent.

BBC Sport understands a £4m transfer will be finalised for the 25-year-old West Ham midfielder on Wednesday.

Agent Ronen Katzav said: "Everybody would be happy to play for Liverpool. West Ham will always be in his heart but he is looking to move up a level."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said: "It's clear he'd like to come and he's a player I like."

Benayoun, Israel's national captain, moved to Upton Park from Racing Santander in a £2.5m deal in 2005.

He has played 72 games for the Hammers and scored eight goals.

The clubs have already done business this summer with striker Craig Bellamy moving to the capital from Merseyside in a £7.5m deal.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:53:29 PM »
I'm not convinced by him yet. He is a good dribbler but doesn't move forward fast enough. He is young and has a lot of tools so he still can develop into the real deal.

Rafa is no miser. He didn't have money before but now that he does he spending it unwisely in my opinion. Torres is not worth all that. Benayoun is a good player on West Ham but he not even as good as Kewell. Not really a big team player.
TnT Patriot

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »
I hope Benitez puts faith in his talent and becomes more attack-minded in games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United this season which is where the trophy is decided..

If thats where the trophy was decided Arsenal would have won the Premiership  :-\
If you only take games among the top 4 into consideration Arsenal had the best record
The trophy was decided on consistently taking 3 points against lesser opposition

1]; } ?>