April 18, 2024, 05:15:54 PM

Author Topic: US-bound Toussaint expects big things from Savonetta Boys.  (Read 10783 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US-bound Toussaint expects big things from Savonetta Boys.
« on: July 08, 2007, 09:32:36 PM »
US-bound Toussaint expects big things from Savonetta Boys.
By: Vinod Narwani (ttproleague.com).

Vibe CT 105 W Connection striker Andre Toussaint felt his team could have played better against Defence Force in their TT Pro League encounter at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Saturday.
The Trinidad and Tobago striker, who left on Sunday for ‘A’ League club Charleston Battery in Florida, admitted he wasn’t satisfied with what was his last game for W Connection for some time as he failed to find the back of the net against the Soldiers.
“I was a little disappointed in my finishing,” said Toussaint.
“However, I found that the team played well, although we made one or two mistakes. We got the three points, but I feel we could rectify the problems and avoid making such errors in the future.”
Toussaint says he needs to improve on his work ethic and show more determination in order to get the ball in the back of the net on a more consistent basis.
“I have to work harder than I am currently doing at the moment and I have to avoid being too casual with the ball. I have to work very hard to achieve whatever I want in life.”
Toussaint urged his teammates at Connection to play to the best of their ability against arch-rivals CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh in their next league match on Tuesday.
Jabloteh are on currently on top of the table with 26 points, while the ‘Savonetta Boys’ are fourth on 19 points.
“The boys are coming along quite well ahead of that game against San Juan Jabloteh. My advice to them is to play their natural game. We must just keep on doing what we are accustomed to doing, scoring our chances, defending properly and working hard for one another.”
The top striker believed the victory against the Army/Coastguard outfit set the foundation for better things to come.
Toussaint said Connection had the ability to bounce back and win the Pro League title, which they surrendered last year to Joe Public.
“I think this game would have given us a boost because we had several injuries earlier on this season. Players are coming back out and we have guys on the bench getting goals for us. This win will motivate the players and unite them for the remaining games.”
Toussaint, who will be at Charleston Battery for three months, has set high standards for himself when representing the US-based club.
“I will be in Florida until October where I am looking forward to having a good season and hoping to do my best,” ended the soft-spoken T&T forward.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:46:56 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: US-bound Andre Toussaint expects big things from Savonetta Boys
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »
Hmmm, when did this happen. I comment during Gold Cup Spann, Toussaint n Jan were the ones teams would notice..expected a better team but itz all good. Now it looks like all gettin trials or signed, progress is sometimes a slow process but as more men get signed it will build a better foundation for 2010. I cant say we'll be in South Africa but the only way for d team to go after d Gold Cup showin is up and small things like this is a start; so good luck to d man...bless.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:26:27 AM »
i am positive W.Conn is a better team...  what a stupid decision

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:31:21 AM »
Hold up they small mag ...charlston battery is actually one of the better organised A league teams theyre actually decent definitely a better option than Silverbacks and their players tend to get good exposure to other MLS teams its a decent move on his behalf.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 08:23:03 AM »
I think is a good move for him...A more physical league would do him the world of good...He is one to watch for the future

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US-bound Toussaint expects big things from Savonetta Boys.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
The Trinidad and Tobago striker, who left on Sunday for ‘A’ League club Charleston Battery in Florida...

“I will be in Florida until October where I am looking forward to having a good season and hoping to do my best,” ended the soft-spoken T&T forward.

He sure is Charleston Battery he going to? Charleston Battery is based in South Carolina, not Florida.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 11:45:16 AM »
well south carolina and florida....same ting nah tallman...is all in "de state"....simple trini people nah....yuh better go and look for toussaint in de airport and direct him.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Another star, and one of the better paid players in the PFL leaves....
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »
Connection assistant Coach: Toussaint deserves the opportunity
Source: Randy Bando

Vibe CT 105 W Connection assistant Coach Ben Davies believes that Trinidad and Tobago international forward Andre Toussaint is deserving of the opportunity which he has taken up in the United States.

The fleet footed forward left Trinidad on Sunday for A League club Charleston Battery in Florida where he would spend the next three months.

Davies told 'ttproleague.com', "Andre is probably the best player we have on the Trinidad and Tobago national team and he deserves the opportunity. We are happy for him and we wish him all the best."

The assistant Coach admits the club would miss the talented striker but added that the move was in the best interest of the player saying, "Andre is a quality player and we always like a lot of quality players at W Connection but this is an opportunity for him(Toussaint) to move to much better things. We would miss him but that's how it is in football all around the world," said the Englishman.

Davies also believes that Toussaint's move to the A League creates and opening for younger players to step up and make a name for themselves.

He said, "This is also good for the club to produce more quality players. Toussaint has left a mantle for younger players at our club to step up and carry on. We see this as a great opportunity for them to have their chance at filling Andre."

W Connection are currently 4th on the League standings trailing leaders San Juan Jabloteh by seven points and without key players in goal keeper Jan Michael Williams and midfielder Silvio Spann on trials in England with Sheffield United and now Toussaint joining the A League club, Davies isn't bothered at his team's chances of getting to the top.

With a level confidence the W Connection coach said, "Nothing is impossible for W Connection at the moment. Our goals for this season are the same, which is to win the League and all of the knockouts."

"We are without key players such as Andre but there is no need to worry. We would continue to do what we do and I believe we still have the players to achieve this season," ended the Englishman.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On to the A-League.

Good luck Andre. I think you will do just fine.

Kingman

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
The fleet footed forward left Trinidad on Sunday for A League club Charleston Battery in Florida

Steupse...Is South Carolina not Florida the team based.  I wonder if they play any games down Florida side....maybe Florida crew could go a game in Miami or something.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:23:08 AM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Charleston Battery vs. Miami FC
Tropical Park Stadium  (right off the Palmetto by Bird Rd exit )

Sunday September 2nd @    6:00 PM     (Labour Day Weekend)

REGULAR ADMISSION

* $10 GA Adults
    * $5 GA Kids under 12
    * $20 Reserved Seats (Same price adults/kids - No assigned seats)

This could be preceded by some WN activities in Tropical Park itself.  :thinking:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:23:33 AM by dcs »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He's going to a club dat has probably had de most Trinis in de A-League. People like:
Brent Sancho
Colin Rocke
Garth Pollonais
Nigel Henry
Glenn Benjamin
Alvin Boisson
Peter Lewis
Terry St. Louis
Rick Titus
Teba McKnight
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The fleet footed forward left Trinidad on Sunday for A League club Charleston Battery in Florida

Steupse...Is South Carolina not Florida the team based.  I wonder if they play any games down Florida side....maybe Florida crew could go a game in Miami or something.

I think it was a typo. I hope it was. Randy continue to raise my eyebrows. His articles sometimes contain false/incorrect information. I remember reading that Charles Pollard left Caledonia AIA for "A-League" team Brooklyn Knights (which is really a PDL team).  :rotfl:

In addition, he (Randy) said that Andre will be with Charleston until October. Like Andre is the owner/manager of the club? He have to wait and oversea certain things? :devil: The A League would be done in the 1st-2nd week in September. What he (Randy) needed to explain is that his contract expires in October. Usually after the A-League season, MLS teams take some players on loan from various clubs. So A-League clubs will "own" players until October to see if they can make some money on the loan deal in the invent MLS clubs are interested.

Kingman

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What does his pay have to do with anything?

Tropical Park is my backyard.
Allyuh come tru lewwe sweat.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Good luck!!

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Now Andre Toussaint
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 11:13:15 AM »
Is it just me?. Is it purely the money that lures our players to the A league. Because i believe that the top pro league club would easily beat the top a league club at each other's best day. Anything below the MLS in the U.S. is a step down from the pro league. I know it is hard to do but until the pro league salary rises to be competitive with some of the middle tier leagues of the world i think we wil keep losing our best local players putting a choke on the development of our local league. Can you believe our players going to places like Vietnam, China and lebanon WTF is it that what it has come to????

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now Andre Toussaint
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »
dem belly full and we hungry

man must eat

man must mind he woman & chirren

a man must be a man

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »
Is it just me?. Is it purely the money that lures our players to the A league. Because i believe that the top pro league club would easily beat the top a league club at each other's best day. Anything below the MLS in the U.S. is a step down from the pro league. I know it is hard to do but until the pro league salary rises to be competitive with some of the middle tier leagues of the world i think we wil keep losing our best local players putting a choke on the development of our local league. Can you believe our players going to places like Vietnam, China and lebanon WTF is it that what it has come to????
lol...

I started tuh laff until ah peep dat yuh profile say 'Laventille' oui...lol.

I hope de Pro League getting as much props in de stands from allyuh fellas as it does receive online yes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:27:57 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

You probably don't have much knowledge of how the A-League runs. Don't worry, kingman will enlighten you.

If you feel is money that lures players to the A-League think again. Most clubs (with maybe the exception of Whitecaps and Rhinos) highest paid players get $3000US a month. That is the highest paid player. A rookie will get anywhere from $800-$1200US a month. The middle bunch (i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 4th year players) would get from $1500-$2200US a month. Players do not have to pay for housing. So if we take these figures in front of us and the rational behind paying players, then Andre probably would gets between $1800-$2200US (maybe). That is money to run from the Pro league for? He probably makes about $8000TT with W-Connection which is pretty good money in Trinidad.

As for the best team in the Pro-League beating the Best team in the A-League any given day, that is a bold and ignorant statement. Think!
Last year the best team in the Trinidad football league (W-Connection) did battle with the 6th place team in the A-League (Puerto Rico Islanders) and barely won the game. The won 1-0. When spoken to a couple of the W-Connection players about the game they said, "that team real good, we real lucky to win d game...they play all over we." That was last year, against a 6th place team in the A-League.

So why would Andre leave the Pro League? A league that he dominates? A league that he is probably one of the highest paid player? A league that he will continue to show up other defenders? A league that he had the most goals in one season than a lot of other strikers in history? And then move to the A-League in America? Ummmmmmmmm, good question.

I wonder why Charles Pollard leave Caledonia AIA to come and play in the PDL. He is one of the best defenders in the Pro League and rather come over to play in a college summer league. The PDL is 2 division below the A league. I wonder why he leave? Ummmmmmmmmm, good question.

Stephen Crookshain (ex-national player) left school and went back to play in the Pro-League. After one season he jump out and came back to America to play in the A-League. I wonder why he leave? Ummmmmmmmmmm, good question.

Anthony Wolfe (FRIGGING WORLD CUP PLAYER) leave the Pro-League and want to play in the A-League. He sign with Atlanta for 3 yrs I think. I wonder why he leave? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, good question.

Gary Glasgow, the leading goal scorer in the Digicel Cup and one of the top goal scorers in the Pro League left shores to come play with Virginia Beach. He is one of the more respected players in the league and better paid players too. Unfortunately that team folded (VA Beach) and he had to go back to Trinidad. I wonder why he wanted to leave? Ummmmmmmmmmm, good question.

I don't want to write a book. I just here to enlighten.

Cheers,
Kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Tropical Park is my backyard.
Allyuh come tru lewwe sweat.

If you don't see that money has a lot to do with it then you not too bright. If a team offering you good money, and more to stay and you still want to leave....you ain't think that telling you something?

Kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »
lol...

I started tuh laff until ah peep dat yuh profile say 'Laventille' yes...lol.

I hope de Pro League getting as much props in de stands from allyuh fellas as it does recieve online yes.

Breadrin, you wicked!!  ;D   :rotfl:

Kingman

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
People wonderin why Toussaint want to leave?

Allyuh not bein honest.  Is de same reason why thousands of Trinbagonians does leave we shores.

It doh matter if is less money yuh leff for.  Or de wuk yuh doin in foreign yuh would never ketch yuhself doin if yuh was home. 

IS FOREIGN!  And dat mean it better in de minds of many.

Some choose to stay home and I say kudos to dem.

Many choose to tek de FOREIGN plane by any means necessary and I say kudos to dem too.

Is people personal preference.  It doh make dem any more Trinbagonian if dey stay or any less Trinbagonian if dey leave.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
People wonderin why Toussaint want to leave?

Allyuh not bein honest.  Is de same reason why thousands of Trinbagonians does leave we shores.

It doh matter if is less money yuh leff for.  Or de wuk yuh doin in foreign yuh would never ketch yuhself doin if yuh was home. 

IS FOREIGN!  And dat mean it better in de minds of many.

Some choose to stay home and I say kudos to dem.

Many choose to tek de FOREIGN plane by any means necessary and I say kudos to dem too.

Is people personal preference.  It doh make dem any more Trinbagonian if dey stay or any less Trinbagonian if dey leave.

And palos my friend,I agree to a certain extent,and I'll leave it at that.,.....

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:54:30 PM »
Trinidad is a very small place.  And with that after playing football for your entire life, you would notice that you are playing against almost the same group of players from Under-14 to big man football.

Why the man can't try something new and try to better himself in the process?

handle yuhself Toussaint.  Yuh eh look good atall in the Gold Cup, but people who know yuh say yuh could play.  Prove it day in and day out in a new environment now.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »
ah food    ...all de bess andre
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 01:24:41 PM »

If you don't see that money has a lot to do with it then you not too bright. If a team offering you good money, and more to stay and you still want to leave....you ain't think that telling you something?

Kingman

The article in the pre-merge thread didn't say he was gettin more to stay in T&T, and ah didn't read this one.  There's no mention of money at all in the one I read.
Thanks for the info though.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He's going to a club dat has probably had de most Trinis in de A-League. People like:
Brent Sancho
Colin Rocke
Garth Pollonais
Nigel Henry
Glenn Benjamin
Alvin Boisson
Peter Lewis
Terry St. Louis
Rick Titus
Teba McKnight

Tallman also think there was a Gerard Walker that played for them late 80's early 90's
played for gustine in ssfl

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sancho
Colin Rocke
Garth Pollonais
Nigel Henry
Glenn Benjamin
Alvin Boisson
Peter Lewis
Terry St. Louis
Rick Titus
Teba McKnight

Tallman also think there was a Gerard Walker that played for them late 80's early 90's

did he?

But yeah, always wondered what happened to Walker...started his career up on Calvary at Holy Cross College too. 

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sancho
Colin Rocke
Garth Pollonais
Nigel Henry
Glenn Benjamin
Alvin Boisson
Peter Lewis
Terry St. Louis
Rick Titus
Teba McKnight

did he?

But yeah, always wondered what happened to Walker...started his career up on Calvary at Holy Cross College too. 

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Walker a nice player, coulda dance on a ball when ah see yuh went holy cross did wonder if you would know him. and a Sean McIntyre keeper

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sancho
Colin Rocke
Garth Pollonais
Nigel Henry
Glenn Benjamin
Alvin Boisson
Peter Lewis
Terry St. Louis
Rick Titus
Teba McKnight

Sorry Tallman also forgot Nigel James
Walker actually a Battery Hall of Famer