April 28, 2024, 05:27:48 AM

Author Topic: Another Yardie making headlines  (Read 1128 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another Yardie making headlines
« on: April 17, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »
Davis guilty of violent conduct
BBC Sport

Crystal Palace defender Claude Davis has been suspended for three games after being found guilty of violent conduct.

Davis appeared before a Football Association regulatory commission on Friday to deny the charge of using an elbow on Cardiff's Roger Johnson.

He was not punished at the time of Saturday's incident, which left Johnson spending two nights in hospital.

Davis, on loan from Derby, will now miss the rest of the season.

Cardiff manager Dave Jones said: "i said to him in the game that I thought it was a scandalous challenge and I haven't changed my mind on that.

"But there seems to be a new phrase in football now that somebody ran into someone's arm.

"The arm was raised, he hasn't meant to put him in hospital, we understand that.

"But you also have to face the consequences."

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Yardie making headlines
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:30:03 AM »
Fuller get charge the other day for driving without a license...but I did not want to waste space on the board with that news.  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Fuller get charge the other day for driving without a license...but I did not want to waste space on the board with that news.  ;D

There's headlines, and there's blotters.  I'm sure there's disproportionately plenty more yardies' names appearing  on one than on the other.  Allyuh could figure it out allyuh self. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »

There's headlines, and there's blotters.  I'm sure there's disproportionately plenty more yardies' names appearing  on one than on the other.  Allyuh could figure it out allyuh self. 
I was going and say that you could easily change that headline to read
"Another Chupid Arse Footballer making headlines"
for example Joey Barton ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>