April 18, 2024, 11:44:12 PM

Author Topic: 20 Worst ever Prem Footballers (Fans List)  (Read 3636 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
20 Worst ever Prem Footballers (Fans List)
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:59 AM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2048914.ece

20. Jimmy Carter (Arsenal, Liverpool): “Surely there's been a huge oversight here.... Jimmy Carter, surely the worst LFC player ever.” (Arnie, Northampton)

19. Paddy Roche (Manchester United). “If Massimo Taibi is on the list for that one game for Man Utd then surely Paddy Roche has to be on the list for every game he played!” (Steve F, Birstall, W. Yorks)

18. Alan Reeves (Wimbledon): “… the only top-flight defender ever to score two own goals (one a volley from 30 yards) and concede a penalty in the same game.” (James, London)

17. Robert Rosario (Norwich City, Nottingham Forest). “I remember a newspaper article describing Robert Rosario as being as effective as a plank of wood. He was never that good when I saw him.” (Percy, London).,

16. Igor Stepanovs (Arsenal): “If Igor Stepanovs does not make it into the top 3, I hope the 47 previous players all sue The Times for the slander of even daring to suggest that they were worse than him.”

15. Agustin Delgado (Southampton). “Another turkey for Saints. 11 appearances in 3 seasons and no goals! About as useful as a chocolate teapot!” (Tom Chapman, Southampton, UK).

14. Florin Raducioiu (West Ham). “Surely one of Mr. Redknapp’s worst signings.” (Adam, Northants.)

13. Ralph Milne (Manchester United). “Even Stretford Enders have been known to groan when his name was announced” (Grub, Surbiton, Surrey)

12. Corrado Grabbi (Blackburn Rovers). “Can't believe you've let Souness get away with the one and only 'Ciccio' Grabbi. Signed for £6m from some Italian Serie B club, picked up probably £40K per week over 2 or 3 seasons, played no more than 15 games. Woeful not the word !!” (Dave G, Warrington)

11. Juan Sebastain Veron (Manchester United, Chelsea). “How has nobody mentioned Juan Sebastian Veron!?! Cost us a fortune and was complete crap! Then went to Chelsea for a sizeable sum, and was still crap!” (Monty the Man Utd fan, Hemel Hempstead).,

10. Pascal Cygan (Arsenal): “What a relief it's been for us Gooners to see the back of him. A large fridge would have better movement than that joke.” (Danny O'B, Buncrana, Donegal).

9. Fumaca (Newcastle United): “If Fumaca, the only Brazilian ever to be unable to take a first touch, does not get in the top 25, then this list is a sham.” (Steven Ord, Newcastle). “The only Brazilian capable of falling over a ball when trying to trap it.” (Steve K, Newcastle)

8. Djimi Traore (Liverpool, Charlton Athletic, Portsmouth): “Watching him is like waiting for an accident to happen - you want to look away but can’t.” (Steve, London).

7. Paul Okon (Middlesbrough, Watford (loan), Leeds United). “Would have trouble making a Sunday pub side.” (Howard Broadwell, Nottingham, England).

6. Bruno Cheyrou (Liverpool). “Bruno (Zidane) Cheyrou, bought for looking a little bit similar!” (Simon, Macclesfield)

5. Jon Dahl Tommasson (Newcastle United). “His period in Newcastle was AWFUL.... he's is probably capable of filling that whole list alone” (Peter Ley, Aarhus, Danmark).

4. Silvio Maric (Newcastle United): “a waste of a shirt peg. Actually Newcastle could probably put out a first eleven players who would all make this list.” (Bruce, Dublin, Ireland)

3. Marcelino (Newcastle United): “Missed half a season with a broken finger.” (demondegs, Coventry); “he had a better influence on the match when he was in the sick room” (Pabs, Newcastle upon Tyne)

And in joint first place, by overwhelming popular demand:

1. Titus Bramble and Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle United).

“Oh save my soul. You have got to give praise to Titus Bramble and Jean Alain Boumsong, the best defensive pairing ever in the history of football.” (Kwame Asante, London).

“Titus the Terrible is a shocking omission. I've never seen one player strike fear into his own set of fans so much as Bramble, and then there's his sidekick, Boumsong the boy blunder.” (Danny O'B, Buncrana, Donegal)

“Boumsong …couldn't read the play, couldn't tackle without hacking a man down, couldn't mark, no positional sense....not bad for a defender.” (YMW, London)

“Bramble and Boumsong formed the worst defensive partnership I have ever seen. The funny thing is: why did every Newcastle manager over the last 7 years insist on playing Bramble? They've all been sacked and rightly so.” Alex, Southampton).

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:37:24 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Worst ever Prem Footballers (Fans List)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:44:22 AM »
veron gettin in that list...
i aint his biggest fan but men like Taibi hadda be there

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
Everytime I watch Titus Bramble I have a feeling somehow Dwayne Jack will get contract with an English side.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »
how they could forget frank sinclair -  known for some of the most spectacular own goals ever.

they was good enough to get him several caps with the reggae boyz.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
I jes glad Stern John name wasn't on dah list wee.  Some a dem EPL fans is pressha!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
how they could forget frank sinclair -  known for some of the most spectacular own goals ever.

they was good enough to get him several caps with the reggae boyz.

I think he scored 3 own goals in one season. He made the scorers list that year.

Other memorable Frank Sinclair moments include getting red carded against Argentina, and causing Colombia's goal against Jamaica in Gold Cup 2000.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Veron? ? ? ?

steeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuups

So whappen to men like..

Sergi Rebrov
Winston Bogarde
David Bellion
Djemba Djemba
Andre Ooijer
Francis Jeffers

Also, allyuh ever hear de story about de fellah who say he was George Weah's brother and got signed by Southampton?.. In his first game they sub him in, the man was in such a mess, they sub him off after 10 minutes...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:34:22 PM by omarldinho »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
Ah hear dat story. De coach who sign him not even coaching right now. Graeme Souness, wey yuh dey??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »
Nah alyuh forgetting the great Brazilian who sign for Leeds

Roque Junior.

Dat man play lala.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:01:36 PM »

Also, allyuh ever hear de story about de fellah who say he was George Weah's brother and got signed by Southampton?.. In his first game they sub him in, the man was in such a mess, they sub him off after 10 minutes...

bolton to that to former france int'l ibrahim ba.

as a pro footballer, it cyah get more embarassing than dat.

is happen to me all de time though.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Buh Andre,

Ibrahim Ba was a big player...well at least for Milan and France.

I feel you being too harsh.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
I'm Surprised Ali Dia didn't make it

Ali Dia (born Dakar, 20 August 1965) is a former Senegalese footballer who once played for English FA Premier League club Southampton, after falsely claiming to be a Senegalese international.

After a playing career at the lower levels in France and Germany, and having already had failed trials at Port Vale, Gillingham and Bournemouth, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness in 1996, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain and had played 13 times for his country. In actual fact, none of this was true, and the phone call was from Dia's agent. Nonetheless, Souness was convinced, and signed Dia on a one-month contract.

Dia played just one game for Southampton, in the number 33 shirt, against Leeds United on November 23, 1996; he had originally been scheduled to play in a reserve friendly against Arsenal, but the match was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. In the match against Leeds, he came on as a substitute for Matthew Le Tissier after 32 minutes but his performance was spectacularly below Premier League quality. He was later substituted (by Ken Monkou) after playing for 53 minutes; Leeds won the match 2-0.

Dia was released by Southampton two weeks into his contract. He briefly played for non-league Gateshead, before fading into obscurity.

He has achieved a notorious status amongst English football fans for his lack of ability, and is regularly featured in lists of bad players or bad transfers.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »

I'm blind, anyway I posted it above.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
Jordi Cryuff should be on that list, he was an apple that fell and rolled far from the tree!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
Buh Andre,

Ibrahim Ba was a big player...well at least for Milan and France.

I feel you being too harsh.

Touches I would not say Ba was a big player for Milan he was at Milan for 5-6 years and played less than 60 games scoring 1 goal.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »
What about Tarantini in the old league. Dat man was a old bull shit all over he tail.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »
Bruno Cheyrou! had ah breds dat we used tuh call dat wen we used tuh sweat...lord dah man was shit  :rotfl:

heart attack men is Titus Bramble, Jimi Traore and Pascal Cygan(ah used tuh love tuh watch him play for ass-anal) :devil:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »
What about Tarantini in the old league. Dat man was a old bull shit all over he tail.

So was he and I think another fello name was Ian Omeyord from Aston Villa, now he was garbage in the old league too...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »
palos ..why would stern be on dat list??...top scorer for birminham with 8 goals in the EPL.....why ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 10:10:17 PM »
Veron? ? ? ?

steeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuups

I was kinna surprized at that mehself...ah mean is not like de man constantly shyte down de place...I wonder if he is being judged by Man U standards vs. EPL?
well yes

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 01:42:06 AM »
Diego Forlan - he was a massive liability in his Man U days  ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 05:30:45 AM »
Veron? ? ? ?

steeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuups

I was kinna surprized at that mehself...ah mean is not like de man constantly shyte down de place...I wonder if he is being judged by Man U standards vs. EPL?

He being judged in relation tot he amount of money they pay for him. Unfortunately i never saw the guy play other than in his man u days, and i got the impression that he is a shhhhthound. Watching him in the Copa, i have the same impression. Thank god it have wagner love they to make him look better..and not just as a "supposedly big" player...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 06:16:19 AM »
steups...

veron was and is a boss!!

only reason he was a shithound is cause he was playing in allyuh wild man league.. come like giving ah cobo sponge cake...

imagine ah man leave italy playing ah beautiful game week in week out, and hadda come and bounce up robbie savage on ah sunday.. steups!!

added to that, veron needed to be playing where keane was playing, and we all know keane ent sitting down for nobody, so he was left playing out of position..

ok so he didnt live up to the price tag, but he had some great games in between in the EPL and champions league, by no means does he deserve to be mentioned on a list such as this..

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »
PHILIPE SENDEROS
TARIBO WEST

I dont care what nobody say but Philipe Senderos from Arsenal is real pressure !!! I think he use to be dreaming about Drogba.

Laters

1]; } ?>