April 28, 2024, 12:40:04 AM

Author Topic: Tobago United taking a scientific approach.  (Read 2041 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago United taking a scientific approach.
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
Tobago United taking a scientific approach.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Tobago based Pro League club Tobago United in their quest to finish in a much better position than their last four seasons have contracted the services of Englishman Greg Woodcock a Sports Science Lecturer.
Woodcock a lecturer at East Berkshire College in England is a personal friend of Tobago United’s Technical Director Peter Granville and would be working with the Pro League club in July.
Granville who also attended East Berkshire College told ‘ttproleague.com’ that he expects drastic improvement after the tests conducted by Woodcock. “We have Greg Woodcock from England who is conducting some scientific testing on our players. He is here to maximize the fitness output by our players at this professional level. We are expecting a lot of improvements in our team with Greg on board,” he said.
“He(Greg Woodcock) has also been sitting with our coaching staff and educating us on what needs to be done to bring get our players at the highest fitness level. It’s all a work in progress and we would see what happens as we grow in physical strength,” Granville said.
Woodcock who had also done similar work with English clubs Hays FC and Tottingham Hotspur said that he was delighted to work with the Pro League club.
He told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I am enjoying everything in Tobago, currently I am doing testing on the Tobago United players in different areas of fitness and I am enjoying working with the team.”
Woodcock added that until his tests are fully completed, only then he can recommend suggestions for improvements.
“I wouldn’t necessarily see changes in the team right now. I have only been with the guys for the last two weeks and I still need to identify their weaknesses before I give advice based on the performance of the team,” said the Englishman.
Woodcock also mentioned that he was impressed with the standard of the TT Pro League saying, “I’ve witnessed a few Tobago United matches in my time here and I am very impressed with the League and the quality of football here in Trinidad and Tobago,” ended the East Berkshire College Sports Science Lecturer.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:15:41 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United taking a scientific approach
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 10:24:45 AM »
Well...when yuh consistently last...the only direction yuh could go is up. But a positive step though...the fitness standards of locally based players are glaringly poor.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United taking a scientific approach
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
Very progressive and greatly needed. The other teams need to do the same. The other teams probably also need a nutritionist.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United taking a scientific approach.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »
Wit all due respeck, Tobago United need good players first and foremost.  Science or nutrition not goin to advance dem in de standings.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:32:51 AM »
From what I have heard, they're using HR monitors to measure max heart rate, to be able to design workout to improve VO2 max and anaerobic threshold.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
it amazes me that people still turning to england to advance thei football. When even England eh looking to England no more  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
It's ironic that the worst team in the PFL has initiatied such an approach.  Local football is about 40 years behind, when you consider the scientific approach that is being used today.  What we need are better physios.  That is something that is lacking real bad at home.  The days of man eating Bourbon biscuit and drinking ah Solo, and then going and play ah game done.  It shoudda never be so in the first place. ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »
It's ironic that the worst team in the PFL has initiatied such an approach.  Local football is about 40 years behind, when you consider the scientific approach that is being used today.  What we need are better physios.  That is something that is lacking real bad at home.  The days of man eating Bourbon biscuit and drinking ah Solo, and then going and play ah game done.  It shoudda never be so in the first place. ;D
i could do with 2 pack ah bourbon and and cream soda solo about now.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 05:15:06 PM »
That is something that is lacking real bad at home.  The days of man eating Bourbon biscuit and drinking ah Solo, and then going and play ah game done.  It shoudda never be so in the first place. ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

so yuh saying red solo have no electrolytes? Not in the sports drink category?
dominos biscuit,snow cone, doubles, nuts after game or training, Real lucky if they have a ice bag on the bench,
bring back memeories dey dread.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 05:38:09 PM »
Wood ! Cock !    :rotfl:  :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>