April 27, 2024, 12:54:14 AM

Author Topic: Brazil betrayal or simply lost  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Brazil betrayal or simply lost
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Watching Brazil U-20 and then their Copa Team. Has Brazil betrayed everything they stood for.
I know it is not Brazil's best but all the same yuh have standards to live up too.

In comparison Argentina u20 & Copa team has stayed true to their style and are entertaining and winning.

Last night Brazil U20 play so much boom kick that they got a lawyers letter from Scotland claiming copy rights infringement.
I really hope the media and fans demand they change we. Tostao already slaughtering them in the press.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil betrayal or simply lost
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
Watching Brazil U-20 and then their Copa Team. Has Brazil betrayed everything they stood for.
I know it is not Brazil's best but all the same yuh have standards to live up too.

I think we as Brazil fans set those standards for them (and probably justifiably so). The players themselves probably more interested in winning games. They does joga bonito all they want in training and fete matches.

I hear what yuh saying though. Last time I saw Brazil play like Brazil was the Confederations Cup vs Argentina..and again in the same matchup at the Emirates. Strangely that was under Dunga too.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
Last night Brazil U20 play so much boom kick that they got a lawyers letter from Scotland claiming copy rights infringement.

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:41 PM »
Wha betrayal dat?  The longer a game goes fitness comes into play.  Dis Brazilian Team not fit.  They have shown it before.  Jes ask Freddy Adu.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
Yuh know...yuh really cyar please people nah. People does herald teams like chelsea who grind out results and just get the job done. People hating on arsenal and asking dem what dey pretty football get dem dis season. Den people complaining "oh a setta boom kick football". IS wha you deem important....results or entertainment......if you make it possible to get both at the same time....marvellous. if you get de nice football......but not de results...yuh could sit back and cherish yuh memories while somebody else cherishing their medals. Pick one. I for one want my joga bonito.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:06:06 AM »

In comparison Argentina u20 & Copa team has stayed true to their style and are entertaining and winning.

I really hope the media and fans demand they change we. Tostao already slaughtering them in the press.

It's funny.  My father was tellling me the same thing about 2 weeks ago, that Brazil is not the same.  Let me ask the question, is it that the rest of the world catch up to Brazil or is it that their style has changed and also the type of players?

My answer is the world actually catch up to them, plus, looking at both the U20 and Senior squads, the players are good but not great.  I also think they lack their traditional depth at every position.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »
Some of allyuh men like drama eh? Every time Brazil lose..somebody have to philosophize how every catch up to Brazil...how they not the same..nobody fraid them again blah blah blah. Dat is so much garbage I have to laugh. Sometimes Brazil is just not good. Simple. Brazil did not win a World Cup between 1970 and 1994. 24 years fellas! In that period sometimes they had some very ordinary sides. And look what happen after that? Steeups.  Brazil is like any other top team..sometimes they are great..sometimes they are shite. Uruguay and Argentina have far more Copa America victories. Brazil has never won the Olympic games..their Under 23s can never do it. So enough of the lame doomsday scenarios. They playing poorly and taking some licks now and that natural after a nice little run at the top at all age groups. What they have done in the modern game in the last 15 years is unmatched. 2 WCs, 4 Copa Americas, 1 Confed Cup. At one time they were the Under 20, Under 17 and senior WC champs at the same time.

Look at Argentina..In 1990 they were the most dour team ever. It took a few years to build back up after the glory of 1986. Germany went through a golden period in the 70s and 80s. By the mid to late 90s Germany had actually turned into a shite squad. France had to wait for another genius to arrive in the from of Zidane, after turning into non entity after the Platini era. There was nothing for the world to catch up with re. Brazil. At the top, they are all even. Yep...Brazil changed their style in 1990 and again in 2002 to accomodate a steelier midfield and no conventional #10 playmaker. They won trophies at all levels cuz they went through a rich period of extraordinary talent (Ronaldos and Rivaldos don't come along that often) After winning almost everything in sight for over a decade, there was bound to be a downturn. Stop acting like Brazil never went through shite periods before when teams beat up on them or where they didn't play jogo bonito. Stop acting like teams never knew how to beat Brazil. Qhat goes up, must come down...and it will rise up again eventually. relax allyuh self. it ain't the end of Brazil  ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 07:39:04 AM by Filho »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:00:26 AM »
I think Filho everyone is missing the point. At no time was winning mentioned. Quality of play is what I am talking about. The quality of the football in relation to the manner in which Brazil has played their traditional game.
Do you remember when Coutinho (coach in 78) wanted to make Brazil more European. Or Lazaroni's team of 1990
For me it has nothing to do with win or loss. For example in 82 & 86 they did not win but I enjoyed watching Brazil and still watch those games on a regular basis.

For me when I watch football I look at individual and collective play. I want to enjoy the game. If all i cared about was the result, then I would not waste 2 hrs of my time, I would simply look up the score the next day.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:06:30 AM »
Some of allyuh men like drama eh? Every time Brazil lose..somebody have to philosophize how every catch up to Brazil...how they not the same..nobody fraid them again blah blah blah. Dat is so much garbage I have to laugh. Sometimes Brazil is just not good. Simple. Brazil did not win a World Cup between 1970 and 1994. 24 years fellas! In that period sometimes they had some very ordinary sides. And look what happen after that? Steeups.  Brazil is like any other top team..sometimes they are great..sometimes they are shite. Uruguay and Argentina have far more Copa America victories. Brazil has never won the Olympic games..their Under 23s can never do it. So enough of the lame doomsday scenarios. They playing poorly and taking some licks now and that natural after a nice little run at the top at all age groups. What they have done in the modern game in the last 15 years is unmatched. 2 WCs, 4 Copa Americas, 1 Confed Cup. At one time they were the Under 20, Under 17 and senior WC champs at the same time.

Look at Argentina..In 1990 they were the most dour team ever. It took a few years to build back up after the glory of 1986. Germany went through a golden period in the 70s and 80s. By the mid to late 90s Germany had actually turned into a shite squad. France had to wait for another genius to arrive in the from of Zidane, after turning into non entity after the Platini era. There was nothing for the world to catch up with re. Brazil. At the top, they are all even. Yep...Brazil changed their style in 1990 and again in 2002 to accomodate a steelier midfield and no conventional #10 playmaker. They won trophies at all levels cuz they went through a rich period of extraordinary talent (Ronaldos and Rivaldos don't come along that often) After winning almost everything in sight for over a decade, there was bound to be a downturn. Stop acting like Brazil never went through shite periods before when teams beat up on them or where they didn't play jogo bonito. Stop acting like teams never knew how to beat Brazil. Qhat goes up, must come down...and it will rise up again eventually. relax allyuh self. it ain't the end of Brazil  ::)
Good post to put things in perspective. The point here is that Brazil are definitely in a lean period. This senior team and the U-20 team are playing unattractive and unenterprising football.

There is no "find" on the U-20 team like Anderson was at the last tournament. That is the bigger problem. What is in the pipeline? The senior team is missing their 2 biggest difference makers. Argentina without Riquelme and Messi will not be as great as they currently appear.

Let's keep it in perspective.

BTW: Filho Bra '82 was a great team just devoid of a striker.
TnT Patriot

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:12 AM »
I think Filho everyone is missing the point. At no time was winning mentioned. Quality of play is what I am talking about. The quality of the football in relation to the manner in which Brazil has played their traditional game.
Do you remember when Coutinho (coach in 78) wanted to make Brazil more European. Or Lazaroni's team of 1990
For me it has nothing to do with win or loss. For example in 82 & 86 they did not win but I enjoyed watching Brazil and still watch those games on a regular basis.

For me when I watch football I look at individual and collective play. I want to enjoy the game. If all i cared about was the result, then I would not waste 2 hrs of my time, I would simply look up the score the next day.

Breds..I mention the quality of play too, not just whether they won or lost...When I say that some of the teams during 1970 and 1994 were ordinary, style and quality was exactly what I was adressing. When I spoke of them changing the way they play...what am I adressing there? When I mention they don't always play jogo bonito..what am I adressing there? I did not miss your point. The Wc 1974 team, although it made it to the semis of the Wc, was ugly and cynical. Brazilians hate the way the WC 1990 team played (did you actually watch Brazil v Costa Rica or Brazil v Scotland...yawn)> Go on youtube..they call Wc 1990 the Wc noone remembers in Brazil. They even hate the way the WC 1994 team played. I too am discussing the style and quality of play and also discussing results. Brazil put out some Copa America teams after the WC 1990 which were poor..really poor. Didn't you see me mention that Argentina 1990 was a dour side..I am discussing their style of play because the results were pretty good..I speak of that to compare to the vibrant, exceptional football they are playing now. So I don't see how I missed your point

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

BTW: Filho Bra '82 was a great team just devoid of a striker.

Agreed..but I only said some of the teams were ordinary in that period..not all

1]; } ?>