March 28, 2024, 11:03:11 AM

Author Topic: TRANSFORMERS  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
TRANSFORMERS
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:30:30 AM »
Well I'm back after a long leave of absence.
Took in the Transformers Flick opening nite at de Caribbean Cinemas dat was wednesday and i can say it was "More than Meets the eye"
I was pleased with the output even though i'm hearing the displeasure of some other folks so those of u who looked at it How do u find it was?

Movies of the Year (so far)

Transformers
Die Hard 4

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TRANSFORMERS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:41:03 AM »
Boy I went and take in dat flick with d wife and meh boy Touches last night. The best sound in a movie I have heard since Episode 2. Some of the best visuals I have seen despite the fast action. And the story was more than decent. It was campy at times with the humour, but I and all laugh at plenty of the shit.

I ehn know if it was jus excitement to finally see it on the big screen, but I real enjoy that movie. It was two hours of entertainment from jump.

It beat back d Spartans for me personally.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
I haven't seen the other two but was impressed with Die Hard. Real nice action flick, don't make them lik that anymore.

Since I have only seen two movies for theyear so far that would be my pick (Spiderman 3 was a mess).

Will pick up 300 when it hits DVD.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:33:24 PM »
I still have to take in Die Hard 3, but for me I could safely say that Transformers is the best action movie of the year so far. I eh know if any movie could touch dem mind boggling special effects.

If you are an action flick junkie yuh mouth go rel water when yuh see this movie. It's a MUST SEE movie on de silver screen...doh wait till it come out on DVD.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:34:57 PM »
It hurts me to say it, but I saw transformers today (albeit on dvd) and thought it was bull$sh!t.

The special effects were fairly decent, but once I had seen one or two transformations, the novelty value wore off. And if you've seen Independence Day and Armageddon, there is absolutely no need to see this film, its the same storyline yet again.

The last half hour had me completely lost...lots of robots killing each other, and I didnt have a clue who was fighting who, everyone looked d same. And the whole "lets hide the cube somewhere in the city" idea made no sense either.

Maybe I was taking the movie a little to serious, but Transformers used to be a big deal to me  :D

3/10...Complete Junk...under all seriousness, can someone explain what you thought was good about that movie, apart from the special effects.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »
look at it here,

yuh have to play ah 5 minute trailer frst dem yuh could watch de whole movie.

I liked the graphics and so, but de stroy line juvenile.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v789328E8bbHWyG

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »
This was easily the best movie of the year for me.  I'm not a huge Transformers fan so maybe that's why I didn't have high expectations.

It was action packed and funny at the same time, typical Michael Bay movie.  Also, the special effects was unreal.  I read somewhere that just for Megatron hand, it was >15,000 pieces of metal moving at the same time.

It didn't hurt having Megan fox in it too.  That girl sweet for days.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
look at it here,

Saw the 5 min promo ,thennoting

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
look at it here,

Saw the 5 min promo ,thennoting

look to de right ,,see wey it say download..click dat after de 5 min trailer.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »
http://venividi.blogsome.com/2007/07/04/transformers/

try dis it easier to understand, lol

nah serious look at it here

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »
Thank uuu  ;D did not want the DL such a new movie ,from a unflimilar site .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 03:24:06 PM »
Ahh shit it cut off quarter way

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 01:15:04 AM »
i fine it was ok, star scream's voice was different, soundwave was a friggin toy robot and dis all spark bullshit wasnt in the original, the quintessons created the transformers and cybertron, and there was no mention of energon or that cybertron needs energon, plus the autobots crashed seperately and not in their ship in de desert, the decepticons crashed in de sea orginally and megtron was on ice which is bullshit bc he cant be frozen bc of what de quintessons made de transformers out of not to mention deep space is colder than any temperature on earth, for the sequel i bet de producer will make de autobots crash in de desert and decepticons in de sea, where megatron has been dropped in de marianas trench, however bay is an idiot, he had de nerve 2 say he didnt base de storyline for hardcore transformers fans like myself 2 enjoy, garbage, and tt is right de storyline is juvenile compared 2 de cartoon.....

God is de BOSS....

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 05:46:22 AM »
so isn;t being a big transformers cartoon fan at age 30 Juvenile?

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 10:32:26 AM »
i fine it was ok, star scream's voice was different, soundwave was a friggin toy robot and dis all spark bullshit wasnt in the original, the quintessons created the transformers and cybertron, and there was no mention of energon or that cybertron needs energon, plus the autobots crashed seperately and not in their ship in de desert, the decepticons crashed in de sea orginally and megtron was on ice which is bullshit bc he cant be frozen bc of what de quintessons made de transformers out of not to mention deep space is colder than any temperature on earth, for the sequel i bet de producer will make de autobots crash in de desert and decepticons in de sea, where megatron has been dropped in de marianas trench, however bay is an idiot, he had de nerve 2 say he didnt base de storyline for hardcore transformers fans like myself 2 enjoy, garbage, and tt is right de storyline is juvenile compared 2 de cartoon.....

God is de BOSS....

nah man.. he do the right thing......what he woulda do?  just givin yuh the same thing as the cartoon. it kinda refreshing....and soundwave wasnt even in the movie...that was fenzy.. soundwave goin to come in the next one.....i like how they set it up. i vex they kill jazz jus so doh...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
I didn't think it would be that good. I have to see it again.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:20 PM »
TI yuh damn right. bay could have done much more with the movie. at least in the sequel i hope to see megatron transform. imagine watching the hulk and not seeing bill bixby turn into lou ferrigno - that's how i felt with megatron.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 02:28:34 PM »
what happened to the theme song also? megatron transformed into a canon, which is really a take from galvatron after unicron regenerates his body... however the decepticon that attacked bumble in de beginning ejected mignons, so i dont know know which one he was, frenzy u say is de boombox, i have 2 read up de story line and see who were the transformers i didnt recognize bc without the quintessons there is no transformers, its like star wars without the force...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
the movie only so long.. if they had explain all that, he wouldnt beable to get ppl into it......they tryin to attract a new generation to transformers....... if mrgatron had transform into a gun.. who woulda hold him in battle........the director had to really pic and choose what to put in it.. as a fan of transformers from long time.. i was pleased.... i didnt want to see it cause i was sure he woulda ruin it but i was suprised

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »
the product placement was some nonsense too. since when is bumblebee a camaro? he was a beetle in the original - i guess chevy have some money to spend. steups.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 03:35:25 AM »
As usual, living in friggin England, we still waiting for it to open out here. Steups! Going this weekend to see it with some fellow Transformers TV fans.

As with all "from TV to the big screen" movies, when they make it, they have to change something about it. Be it Spiderman, Superman, X Men, wha'ever. They always make subtle changes from the original TV version. And yes product placement in this case played a part. You think dem special effects cheap to make or wha?

That said, movies like these, where the special effects are half de point of seeing it, you MUST see it on big screen first. Watching some pirate DVD eh going to be the same. So of course those who saw it in cinema would be impressed by the graphics and ting.

I am an action/special effects fan. I have a rule: certain movies MUST be seen on big screen de first time. Transformers is one of those movies man!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 08:38:37 AM »
TI yuh damn right. bay could have done much more with the movie. at least in the sequel i hope to see megatron transform. imagine watching the hulk and not seeing bill bixby turn into lou ferrigno - that's how i felt with megatron.

But Megatron transformed several times, into an aircraft.

As usual dey kill off de black character first (Jazz). 
Ah wanted to see some more one-on-one battles.

The story had some holes man, ah wish they had consulted me first.

Today read in Newsweek that Bush want to deploy the Transformers to Iraq.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19810016/site/newsweek/

"I’d like to see what would happen if Al Qaeda tried to attack one of our tanks, and instead the tank got up on its legs and turned out to be a robot and started shooting at them," Mr. Bush said.  "That would be so cool."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »

God is de BOSS....

Nerd ^^^

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
My take...posted elsewhere back on 4/7/2007

Very...very...very good movie

As for soem of the criticisms...who cares whether Bumblebee is a Corvette vs. a Bug...who cares whether Megatron is a jet fighter versus a cannon?  Who cares if GM vehicles were featured prominently in this movie?  Really.

This movie was end to end action, and the opening sequence in my mind is topped only by Nightcrawler's assault on the White House in the second X-men movie (X-2). 

The movie begins with an explanation of the historic war between two alien factions, the perennial cosmic battle between good and evil, 'good' in this case being the Autonomous (something something) Robotic (somethings), or Autobots for short (we like that) and 'evil' being the Decepticons.  The two factions are battling for possession of the All Spark...the life-giving cube, capable of imbuing even the most minor of electric gadget with sentient life.  Somehow the cube makes it's way to Earth and thus begins the battle.

A couple characters that stood out for me are Blackout (the decepticon MH-53 Pave Low 'copter)...Bonecrusher (the badass decepticon seen taking out the bus on the highway in the trailer) and Scorponok...the mechanical scorpion that stalks the survivors of Blackout's base camp assault in Qatar.

Tyrese was very good in his role as Epps, as well as Josh Duhamel (who?? exactly.)  Shia LeBeouf did a good job as annoying as I find him.  John Turturro is too good an actor to waste his time on a throw away part as the one written for him (Sector Seven operative) in this movie.

Overall the movie was very reminiscent of Independence Day...aliens invade the earth and the US rallies the forces to repel them...only this time America didn't invite the rest of the world to the Alien Ass-Kicking party.  The movie had to balance a very fine line between what is essentially a kids movie, with a somewhat adult storyline and be not too jingoistic in promoting the US military.  At the same time updating the storyline and characters while keeping the interests of the diehard fans by being true to the comic.  In my opinion, not being a fan of the comic/cartoon...coming in totally indifferent to the backdrop of the movie I think they did a great job and give the movie an 8.5 out of 10.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 02:34:27 PM »

But Megatron transformed several times, into an aircraft.

As usual dey kill off de black character first (Jazz). 
Ah wanted to see some more one-on-one battles.

The story had some holes man, ah wish they had consulted me first.

Today read in Newsweek that Bush want to deploy the Transformers to Iraq.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19810016/site/newsweek/

"I’d like to see what would happen if Al Qaeda tried to attack one of our tanks, and instead the tank got up on its legs and turned out to be a robot and started shooting at them," Mr. Bush said.  "That would be so cool."

yeah ,you're right - i remember megatron as a walther p-38  not some jet fighter. well, times change i guess.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »
I enjoyed the movie. It was action from start to finish. I was not a Transformers fan growing up, but I watched it. I agree with the quote from Bake N Shark... who cares that Bumblebee was a Camaro in the movie? Plus, I think a couple of us need to try and write a movie that is based on a tv series or a book to appreciate how difficult it is to fit everything EXACTLY as it was in the original. A book has the advantage in major character development, inserting thoughts and background info while a series has time to work in everything at it's leisure. A movie generally has 100 minutes to develop characters, a plot, keep the story moving along at a nice pace just to mention a few. We need only look at the special features of a DVD at directors' explanations of why they had to delete scenes to better understand some of the challenges.

Some things were consistent... Optimus still taking a beating from Megatron.  :) If anything it was worse, the man couldn't get in a lash at all! It was pure advantage!

At any rate the movie was good and it's set up the sequel nicely. Okay it's different from the original, but by now we should have the sense to go and watch a movie as a movie without comparing it to what we think it should be. That's just my 2 cents.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 02:47:25 PM »
I enjoyed the movie. It was action from start to finish. I was not a Transformers fan growing up, but I watched it. I agree with the quote from Bake N Shark... who cares that Bumblebee was a Camaro in the movie? Plus, I think a couple of us need to try and write a movie that is based on a tv series or a book to appreciate how difficult it is to fit everything EXACTLY as it was in the original. A book has the advantage in major character development, inserting thoughts and background info while a series has time to work in everything at it's leisure. A movie generally has 100 minutes to develop characters, a plot, keep the story moving along at a nice pace just to mention a few. We need only look at the special features of a DVD at directors' explanations of why they had to delete scenes to better understand some of the challenges.

Some things were consistent... Optimus still taking a beating from Megatron.  :) If anything it was worse, the man couldn't get in a lash at all! It was pure advantage!

At any rate the movie was good and it's set up the sequel nicely. Okay it's different from the original, but by now we should have the sense to go and watch a movie as a movie without comparing it to what we think it should be. That's just my 2 cents.

check out fanfiction.net - there are a few forums like this where people take characters from a book and create their own stories from it. you can find all kinds of stuff - newer stuff like harry potter, older stuff like blade runner.

be honest, allyuh just looking at megan fox.  ;)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »
be honest, allyuh just looking at megan fox.  ;)

Ah waiting for the problem with that!  :beermug:

:D

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
Haven't been to the cinema for 2007 but have only heard good review about Transformers.  Maybe I will take it een soon.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

1]; } ?>