April 25, 2024, 04:25:22 AM

Author Topic: Shame on allyuh fellas..  (Read 8850 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shame on allyuh fellas..
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »
Couple of points.  I agree with most of what the original poster has said.  It always amazes me.  Man bed not wet in Trini.  It extends to more than football.  Man does be living here illegal for 20 years, miss they loved ones funeral for fear that they wouldn't be allowed back in but have the worst things to say about this place.  As I have always said, unless they playing T&T, I supporting the US.  They more amazing thing is where the US has reached since 1990.  love it or hate it it is what makes this place great.  Money allied with organization allied with accountability.  Dont be amazed if we see the US in a WC semi in our lifetime.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »
Thats exactly what I meant.. football In De U.S.A is mostly played in The Suburbs by Mostly Kids of Cacausian Background.. I am happy and pleased to see football being reconise By African Americans.
Also for those who said  I support USA because of the Skin colour of the players.. show me where I say dat..  No Part of my topic I mention "Skin Colour"
I didnt came here to attack anyone with this topic, I just came here to say what I felt.. simple..
warmonga

No you didnt mention skin colour at all, you only mentioned players of African descent. So I guess if they were born from caucasian parents in Africa you would still have made the reference?
Arrow yuh have to understand the point of the man's post and not the other little inflamatory remarks. all the brother is saying is that blacks in the US are not exposed to soccer as the white suburbanite kids, and seeing a few blacks on the team might create some interest for the sport with the black inner city kids. that's all, no need to get analyitical about it, and the other part of the post is quite valid aswell. if a fella don't want to support the US, that's qiute inderstandable,but if yuh live work and raise your kids here then why not, what if a member kid grows up to be a baller and want's to put onn the red white and blue, would you not support. and let me be the first to say, i am qiute guilty of not supporting the US.                                    positive

so you agree that it IS about skin colour then
some ah allyuh obtuse and contrary for no reason.  The man talk about it being a good thing that players of African descent are on the team.  African descent is a racial identifier...has nothing to do with "African origin"...anyone with sense could understand that he was talking about 'black' players.

...and big deal if he was.  Shit if yuh doh want to support  ride tuh fack out and doh support.

truetrini

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »
Thats exactly what I meant.. football In De U.S.A is mostly played in The Suburbs by Mostly Kids of Cacausian Background.. I am happy and pleased to see football being reconise By African Americans.
Also for those who said  I support USA because of the Skin colour of the players.. show me where I say dat..  No Part of my topic I mention "Skin Colour"
I didnt came here to attack anyone with this topic, I just came here to say what I felt.. simple..
warmonga

No you didnt mention skin colour at all, you only mentioned players of African descent. So I guess if they were born from caucasian parents in Africa you would still have made the reference?
Arrow yuh have to understand the point of the man's post and not the other little inflamatory remarks. all the brother is saying is that blacks in the US are not exposed to soccer as the white suburbanite kids, and seeing a few blacks on the team might create some interest for the sport with the black inner city kids. that's all, no need to get analyitical about it, and the other part of the post is quite valid aswell. if a fella don't want to support the US, that's qiute inderstandable,but if yuh live work and raise your kids here then why not, what if a member kid grows up to be a baller and want's to put onn the red white and blue, would you not support. and let me be the first to say, i am qiute guilty of not supporting the US.                                    positive

fact is most black Amercians could care less about football, dem prefer de NFL and de NBA and in conversations wit dem all de time dey does say dat "soccer" is fuh poor people in poor countries..and dem living in de f**king projects!  and on welfare.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »
Thats exactly what I meant.. football In De U.S.A is mostly played in The Suburbs by Mostly Kids of Cacausian Background

It depends on the State.  In California de most populous state with over 36 million documented residents (more peeps than de whole of Canada), the majority of the youths coming out either of Mexican or Central American descent.  The Suburbs as you call it have de most facilities for playing, parking, freeway accessability etc.  Is a lil unreasonable to put soccer fields in de Projects as you call dem (I does say Section 8's) where de more lucrative American Sports are preferred and established.  Yuh tend to find more Latin Youths in de Projects playing Indoor Soccer with little or no involvement from de African American youths.  If you grow up in a community where yuh accustom to seeing yuh fadda, brudda, uncle, padnahs and everybody yuh know playing and watching baseball, football and basketball as an established culture, you eh go bizness with football.  Is like casting pearls before swine.  Dem fellas have a dfferent culture, history and upbringing and no amount of lyrics, passion and fervour you bring go influence dem and wha dey consider normal.  Supporting ah team with two black youths on it eh really saying much.  Get yuh coaching license and go and promote de sport in de projects.  Dat go have more impact.  Clapping, waving and shouting for a few 90 min games here and there would not even amount to a ripple.  Is a long term battle to make soccer all inclusive in the U.S. period.  In American Sports, Soccer not exactly ah show me de money kinda deal.  De road to fame and money still goes thru American Sports.  De youths all still dream about making it to Prime Time and the Major Leagues.  If you say Prime Time and Major League to an American Youth...he not even contemplating soccer...it not even on de radar. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:11:55 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
Here we go again.

my exact thoughts..like yuh reading mih mind.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »
Eddie Pope, Cobi Jones, Tony Sanneh they all play on the national team at the same time at one point so yuh talking crap... ! this is not shame on no one its shame on you for bringing up a Thread that hold no facts,reason or water. whenyuh talking about race yuh have to be careful how you do that because yuh opening yuh self to alot of different people....Last thing and we quick to say that wite people racist.... idiot
All American

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
I getting real kicks off those people that feel that because men living here for HOW many ever years (whether legally or NOT) that men are SUPPOSED to vanquish any afilliation, sentiment or reasoning that they have and just support the usa jess so.  People voluntarily  come to this country from all around the world and make whatever choices suits THEM and I would be damned fass wit myself to tell them how to feel about ANYTHING that is or has to do with america.  Whatever reasons men have for supporting usa dize dey bizniz and whatever reasons I have for NOT supporting them, well, dize MY BIZNIZ, TOO! Men does act as if america does give us ting fuh fackin FREE! there are prices to be paid for being an immigrant of ANY country and the next man will align his preferred afiliations based on what he feels in his heart, based on his experiences, and whatever other factors tht are important to him......including whatever price he's paid for living here.  If my son were playing for the usa today, tomorrow or any other day, I will support him and the usa could kiss my ass! Who don't like it could kiss it, too.
 As truetrini quite rightly pointed out, black americans (to date) generally have no interest in........"soccer" and even though it is the fastest growing sport in america, and predominantly so in white, suburbia usa, blacks aren't systematically excluded from it like they have been/are in other sports in america.  Therefore, for me, there's no need on my part to root any harder for adu, clarke or altidore any harder than I would root for any of the African teams.  I could ask of these same posters that talk about "....black players..." and what not, how come one of them didn't start a thread before for the Nigeria-Zambia game? If the profile of the black man in the usa is so meaningful, how come there wasn't a thread generated for such a profile-raising game?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »
I getting real kicks off those people that feel that because men living here for HOW many ever years (whether legally or NOT) that men are SUPPOSED to vanquish any afilliation, sentiment or reasoning that they have and just support the usa jess so.  People voluntarily  come to this country from all around the world and make whatever choices suits THEM and I would be damned fass wit myself to tell them how to feel about ANYTHING that is or has to do with america.  Whatever reasons men have for supporting usa dize dey bizniz and whatever reasons I have for NOT supporting them, well, dize MY BIZNIZ, TOO! Men does act as if america does give us ting fuh fackin FREE! there are prices to be paid for being an immigrant of ANY country and the next man will align his preferred afiliations based on what he feels in his heart, based on his experiences, and whatever other factors tht are important to him......including whatever price he's paid for living here.  If my son were playing for the usa today, tomorrow or any other day, I will support him and the usa could kiss my ass! Who don't like it could kiss it, too.
 As truetrini quite rightly pointed out, black americans (to date) generally have no interest in........"soccer" and even though it is the fastest growing sport in america, and predominantly so in white, suburbia usa, blacks aren't systematically excluded from it like they have been/are in other sports in america.  Therefore, for me, there's no need on my part to root any harder for adu, clarke or altidore any harder than I would root for any of the African teams.  I could ask of these same posters that talk about "....black players..." and what not, how come one of them didn't start a thread before for the Nigeria-Zambia game? If the profile of the black man in the usa is so meaningful, how come there wasn't a thread generated for such a profile-raising game?
Ent! Ent! Ent! And I'd like to add that if people are drawing there allegiance solely based on where they live or how many "Black players" it have, then they can't truly be fans of the sport.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 05:13:27 PM »
Monga, is better you dan me yes, cuz dem punks and dem dat coming at yuh de wrong way, wid de juice ah beating today, ah would ah take dem on one by one, when ah done wid dem ah sure Tallman and dem wid ah ban meh from de forum. You deal wid dem, some are de posts make sense and den some ah dem is pure fackry dey talking, dey reading other people posts and feeding off of it. Be yuh own man and stand fuh what yuh believe in, and stop looking fuh de padnah thing. Ah bunch ah p***y holes. Any way let meh come off dis thread, before ah loose it and get ban from de mods. Enterprise, what really do some bois round here  ??? HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:09:15 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
Couple of points.  I agree with most of what the original poster has said.  It always amazes me.  Man bed not wet in Trini.  It extends to more than football.  Man does be living here illegal for 20 years, miss they loved ones funeral for fear that they wouldn't be allowed back in but have the worst things to say about this place.  As I have always said, unless they playing T&T, I supporting the US.  They more amazing thing is where the US has reached since 1990.  love it or hate it it is what makes this place great.  Money allied with organization allied with accountability.  Dont be amazed if we see the US in a WC semi in our lifetime.

Peg, large up yuh self boss, ah nearly miss yuh post up on de top dey yes, dat would ah be sad, cuz yuh post in my opinion hitting de punks and dem straight in de heart, five lines and yuh get direct tuh de point, beautiful  :beermug: :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:30:54 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »
Eddie Pope, Cobi Jones, Tony Sanneh they all play on the national team at the same time at one point so yuh talking crap... ! this is not shame on no one its shame on you for bringing up a Thread that hold no facts,reason or water. whenyuh talking about race yuh have to be careful how you do that because yuh opening yuh self to alot of different people....Last thing and we quick to say that wite people racist.... idiot

I dunno who yuh talking to really...since you seem unfamiliar with the 'quote' feature, but I'll take a shot.  Eddie, Cobi, Sanneh et al...that's well and good.  Whether warmonga was incorrect in saying it was the first time is beyond the point.  The issue here is spreading interest for soccer in the African American community.  By your histrionic response to his posts, and your little addenda about what we say with regards to whites and racism...one can only conclude that you yourself are not black.  Understandably then that his posts won't resonate with you.  I challenge you though to show what's inherently racist about any of his statements...chances are that you will fail in making your case, since you also seem unfamiliar with the definition and meaning of the word "racist" or "racism" for that matter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
Thats exactly what I meant.. football In De U.S.A is mostly played in The Suburbs by Mostly Kids of Cacausian Background

It depends on the State.  In California de most populous state with over 36 million documented residents (more peeps than de whole of Canada), the majority of the youths coming out either of Mexican or Central American descent.  The Suburbs as you call it have de most facilities for playing, parking, freeway accessability etc.  Is a lil unreasonable to put soccer fields in de Projects as you call dem (I does say Section 8's) where de more lucrative American Sports are preferred and established.  Yuh tend to find more Latin Youths in de Projects playing Indoor Soccer with little or no involvement from de African American youths.  If you grow up in a community where yuh accustom to seeing yuh fadda, brudda, uncle, padnahs and everybody yuh know playing and watching baseball, football and basketball as an established culture, you eh go bizness with football.  Is like casting pearls before swine.  Dem fellas have a dfferent culture, history and upbringing and no amount of lyrics, passion and fervour you bring go influence dem and wha dey consider normal.  Supporting ah team with two black youths on it eh really saying much.  Get yuh coaching license and go and promote de sport in de projects.  Dat go have more impact.  Clapping, waving and shouting for a few 90 min games here and there would not even amount to a ripple.  Is a long term battle to make soccer all inclusive in the U.S. period.  In American Sports, Soccer not exactly ah show me de money kinda deal.  De road to fame and money still goes thru American Sports.  De youths all still dream about making it to Prime Time and the Major Leagues.  If you say Prime Time and Major League to an American Youth...he not even contemplating soccer...it not even on de radar. 

Of course in certain states the demographics would shift, but by and large he's very accurate...in the US on the whole Soccer is a suburban sport played by white kids. In the more urban areas it's played by immigrants, but their numbers pale in comparison to the larger pool of white players.

As for your "casting of pearls" talk....that is pure unadulterated bullshit, and actually very presumptive of you, unless you've tried and subsequently failed in engaging black americans interest in the sport.  The kids are simply unfamiliar with the sport and that is the long and short of it.  This doesn't mean that they don't know about the sport...but rather they don't know the sport.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you will appreciate the difference.  Teaching the sport to an older teen would pose more challenges as you then have to overcome perceptions that have already taken root in their minds regarding the sport, but from my personal experience black kids simply need a reason to develop an interest...and soccer has it tough because it is competing with a lot of other sports which the kids more readily identify with and relate to.

Going back to my experience...I personally saw a group of kids go from being unable to fight the urge to pick up and otherwise handle the ball whenever it came their way, to near the end of our season challenging for the city (rec league) title before eventually losing in the semis.  These kids simply needed exposure and the encouragement of their peers (peer pressure is a helluva thing, as we know)...and here is where the few kids with caribbean backgrounds and an eager (naive even) coach came in.  For the most part all these kids were African Americans, from a middle class neighborhood that was plagued with drugs and violence and slipping into the familiar ruin that we see in so many urban areas in the US...and once soccer got in them they couldn't shake it.  My best player was an 8-year old named Ashley (co-ed league) who just naturally knew to NOT ONLY attempt to beats and shakes men...but had the skill to execute it too.  She was raw, but doing stuff as though she came out the womb kicking a ball.  I had to ask her incredulously if her parents were "from another country"...only to find out no, straight up American.  I've lost touch with these kids over the years, but I only hope she was able to develop her talent.  Final comment on the team before I move on...making it to the semis was huge...they had to overcome not only their unfamiliarity with the game, but the hispanic teams that were full of ringers...no way all dem kids were under-12.  All these kids might as well have been Brazil against my team, but our teamwork won out...against the white kids from "the other side of town too".  Opposing parents couldn't believe that these were the black kids from Northeast.

So I say all that, to you...but to everyone else who want to take offense to Warmonga's suggestion about the potential impact of the two black players, and those who otherwise want to make pappyshow with the thread.  All that to say that kids need role models...one of the reason why there is a dwindling base of African Americans kids playing baseball.  Soccer and baseball function at a disadvantage in that they compete with football and basketball for open space in urban areas...small goal is something that would be completely alien to them, given the already limited understanding of the sport.  It can be taught, but full-field soccer is a much better tutor, but not too many 'full fields' in the 'hood.  So yes...soccer has a lot of challenges ahead of it where blacks are concerned.  Would two...three...5 players make a difference, yes they would, but of course it won't be easy.  All these kids need are a little more exposure and some encouragement, so don't be so quick to write them off as 'swines' before whom we ought not bother wasting our pearls.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 12:58:32 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
I still doh understand why some people see it as necessary to give men reasons as to why they should support a team. If you like de team...good for you..if dey dont...well....fine........dahs dem. Buh den again...my thought patterns different from most ppl eh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »

I think this probably gives an accurate account of the general interest of the game in the USA.
I believe that the USA U20 team did VERY well.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »
Bake and shark...me eh have to justify nutten to you.  In fact, yuh could haul yuh stinking arse.

You wrote:  As for your "casting of pearls" talk....that is pure unadulterated bullshit, and actually very presumptive of you, unless you've tried and subsequently failed in engaging black americans interest in the sport.  The kids are simply unfamiliar with the sport and that is the long and short of it.     :rotfl:  simply unfamiliar = not interested boss.

Boy you is a real jacka ass. 

De post I made contained no venom but you have to give meaning to it. 

What meaning I give to it? 

Where de 'venom' talk come een...because I tell yuh yuh talking bullshit?  Lol...some ah allyuh men real menstruating boy, is all I could say

Do you know if I'm a coach or if I have credentials to make such a statement?  Steups. 

Like I said UNLESS you personally have tried and failed, so yes I did make allowances for your personal experience.  Even so your personal experience still wouldn't make the statement applicable to the whole...

America still a majority white country and no matter how yuh take it, the ethnic make up of their football team is representative of their soccer player pool...and nutten eh wrong or surprising bout dat.  Is 4qing common sense. 

Uhm yeah...except I already said as much earlier, but thanks for re-stating all the same.

Any which way, I coach wherever and whoever...I doh cater to man skin colour. 

...and who said you should?  The majority of people I interact with on a social level are black, either black immigrants like myself or African Americans, so of course I would love to share my love of the sport with the people with whom I socialize..."4qing common sense" as you not so eloquently put it.

And no way in de near future will an apple pie genreration be driving de U.S. Soccer Engine.  It will continue to be fed by recent immigrants and their descendents for the most part...who are mostly white with increasing involvement from local Latinos.  Is it surprising where the soccer facilities are located?  No.  You acting like soccer is a new sport in America and dey bypass de Projects for spite.  America does spend on sports based on need.  Any community can apply for Federal Money to build Sports Facilities based on need thru their Community Centers.   They must demonstrate need!!!

This is so confoundingly stupid...

In te first place the "Federal" money you are referring to would ONLY come from HUD, thru the Community Development Block Grant...and yes I know what I'm talking about because I personally worked for HUD on this as recent as two years ago.  There is no other Federal money.  Their may be private funding, such as from the USSF, but a community can't apply for money to put a soccer field in "the projects" if there IS NO PLACE TO PUT THE DAMN FIELD.  Where would they build it... by seizing some privately-owned parking lot and laying down turf over it and putting up goalposts?  Whether the 'need' is there or not if they can't find room for soccer facilities they won't have room...it's as simple as that. 

Besides, your whole "need" talk is a chicken or the egg argument...how could there be 'need' without interest?  The very point I'm making is that you must first cultivate the interest in the sport, interest will dictate need, but to first seed the interest you have to engage them in the sport, so they need facilities...and around and around we go.

Dis eh Trinidad yuh know.  Dem Yanks serious when it comes to Sports.  De fact remains dat most Americans have their own sports culture and dey quite happy with it. 

Really...you spoke to "most" Americans?  Fact is that as recently as twenty, twenty-five years ago there was more tangible interest in cricket in Trinidad "by most" than there was in football.  By your irrational argument, we shoulda leave that dey and not bother build on de growning football base in Trinidad, right?  That's how much sense you making right now.

Dey have quite a long list of American Sports Heroes to choose from and look up to.  Different strokes fuh different folks.  If dey doh like we sport, dey doh like it.  Nutten wrong with dat. That is the long and short of it to use yuh own words.  America eh exactly bowled over by soccer...like ah say casting pearls before swine.  Now go back and coach yuh lil girls team. 

boy you even more dotish than I thought if you can't understand de meaning of a simple word like "co-ed".

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 01:41:17 PM »
I could never back a side representing a country that doesn't call football by its right name  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »

Please !!!!!! Americans doh support and respect nothing that was not made in America, especially football! Why should any Trni support dey team!? Dat is why dey will never support football! Dey have d gall to call our football "soccer" when only two players in their American football dos use dey feet!
Plain arrogance and small mindiness on dey parts! All who want to support dem does forget that!

1]; } ?>