April 26, 2024, 01:35:28 PM

Author Topic: Beckham Finally Unveiled!!!!  (Read 2535 times)

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Beckham Finally Unveiled!!!!
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »

David Beckham believes his move to Los Angeles Galaxy will provide him with one of the biggest challenges of his career, but says it is a "dream come true".
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder was finally unveiled as a Galaxy player after months of waiting, having agreed to join the Major League Soccer side in January.
The 32-year-old midfielder signed a five-year contract with the Galaxy in January that will pay him $32.5 million in salary.
He joined the Major League Soccer team from Real Madrid, where he showed he still can "bend it" on free kicks. Coming on strong late in the season, Beckham helped Real Madrid win the Spanish League title last month.
Beckham's play also was impressive enough for him to regain a spot on England's national team, which he formerly captained.
The England international is expected to make his first appearance for his new side in a friendly against Chelsea on 21st July and he admits he cannot wait.
Beckham, who will continue to wear the famous number 23 shirt in LA, was presented to the world's media and around 5,000 fans at the Galaxy's Home Depot Center stadium on Friday.
"In my career I have played for two of the biggest club sides in the world, Manchester United and Real Madrid. I have played for 11 years for my country and I am still playing for my country," Beckham said at a press conference shown live on Sky Sports News.
"This is one of the biggest challenges that I have ever taken on in my career. I have always looked for challenges in my career and something exciting in my life.
"To move to a different country, the other side of the world, is something that I'm looking forward to.
"I think potentially in the States soccer can be as big as it is everywhere else around the world and I'm very proud to be part of that. I am going to be part of that for the next five years and maybe a few more years after.
"I'm looking forward to starting training next week, I'm looking forward to the first game, I'm looking forward to the support that you've all shown me throughout my career, not just since I've been here in Los Angeles.
"Thank you to everybody that's made this happen, made my dream come true."
The Galaxy are currently struggling in MLS but coach Frank Yallop expects the arrival of Beckham to bring a turnaround in his side's fortunes.
Yallop said: "Well finally he's here, since we signed David in January it has been a long wait.
"I feel now that David is the last piece to the puzzle for us to really start to get our season moving in the right direction.
"We are getting a great person, a winner on and off the field, a great leader and I'm very, very excited.
"The team cannot wait to get him on the field with his boots on, with his kit on, with the Galaxy jersey on and start to win some games."

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: Beckham Finally Unveiled!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 04:07:13 PM »
Yorke next .................
All American

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:37:39 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
A dream come true to play in the MLS. Is d jet lag talkin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »
Not a bad call....but where to?  NY dun have money tie up in Angel...DC on ah yute movement....no team in Miami.

Maybe Philly if they ever grant them ah franchise.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »
He probably meant to lead football to higher heights on dis side ah de pond.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
Yep, that dream come true talk threw me off...lol...Anyhow, I guess if he performs well enough we will see other big name players in the MLS future.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »
Not a bad call....but where to?  NY dun have money tie up in Angel...DC on ah yute movement....no team in Miami.

Maybe Philly if they ever grant them ah franchise.
Honestly i made that statement with NY in mind. I think it will be a good deal for the redbulls because of the large Caribbean Population in the NY metro area..... but will have to wait and see what happens..!!!! 8)
All American

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »

Honestly i made that statement with NY in mind. I think it will be a good deal for the redbulls because of the large Caribbean Population in the NY metro area..... but will have to wait and see what happens..!!!! 8)

...and that too is why I mention NY, DC and Miami.  Barring those options Philly may be the best bet equi-distant as it is between the two large WI populations in DC and NY...or maybe even TO...fuhget clean about them.  They certainly can utilize his skills and experience the most.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »

Yuh probably right, but ah would love tuh see Latapy turn up some youths in dat league, before he retire from club ball. Dat might never happen doh, cuz he have his family in Scotland and he look set fuh life over dey. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>