April 16, 2024, 06:59:01 AM

Author Topic: Fergie: Gunners Better Without Henry  (Read 1142 times)

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Fergie: Gunners Better Without Henry
« on: July 13, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson expects Arsenal to be a better team next season without talisman Thierry Henry.
Henry's departure to Barcelona has led to predictions of Arsene Wenger's side struggling for inspiration, but Ferguson feels it could have the opposite effect.
Arsenal have not finished outside the top four of the Premier League since Wenger was appointed in 1996 and Ferguson believes they will be in the top four along with United.
"They'll be in the top four," said Ferguson on Sky Sports News. "I'm more convinced they will be in the top four without Thierry Henry.
"I just thought it was time for him to go. Arsene Wenger knew that, and I think they'll do better."
Wenger is continuing preparations for the post-Henry era by fielding a strong line-up against Barnet in a friendly at the weekend.
"It could be a very strong team at Barnet," Wenger told Arsenal's website.
"Basically the players that are back in training are available, so you could see Kolo Toure, Manuel Almunia, Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini, Denilson, Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor.
"They are all likely to be included so it should be a very familiar side."
Wenger has just completed the signing of France Under-21 defender Bacary Sagna from Auxerre, his fourth signing of the summer.
"We've been very impressed by him," said club scout Gilles Grimandi.
"We've watched him both playing for Auxerre and the under-21 team and scouted him over more than 40

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Fabregas Stays at Gunners
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 04:09:12 PM »
Cesc Fabregas has snubbed a move to Primera Liga champions Real Madrid and pledged his future to Arsenal.
The midfielder, arguably the Gunners' prize asset following the departure of Thierry Henry, revealed he had held talks with the Spanish giants.
The 20-year-old, one of Arsene Wenger's best signings when he arrived for nothing from Barcelona four years ago, was flattered by Real's interest
He said in The Sun: "I'm very grateful to Real and it is an honour that such a great club is interested in me.
"But after the departure of Thierry Henry to Barcelona I couldn't leave Arsenal in the lurch.
"I spoke to Real's president Ramon Calderon and sport director Predrag Mijatovic and they are spectacular people.
"It was very satisfying to listen to them as Real Madrid is a great club but I have decided to stay at Arsenal.
"I had a long talk with Wenger. He is someone I can talk to about anything."
Henry claims he decided to leave Arsenal because Wenger had not committed his future to the club beyond next summer, when his contract expires.
But Fabregas said: "I have total confidence in the boss that he will sign a new deal.
Wenger believes in this team and has a lot of confidence in the squad.
"I am only 20 and all I have to do is enjoy my football and improve - and I want to do that with this team. I will try to win titles with Arsenal and give my all to Arsene Wenger.

"I will always be grateful to him for giving me my chance."
Now Fabregas is hoping Arsenal continue to spend this summer to help make up for the loss of Henry, and he believes the striker's new team-mate Samuel Eto'o would be the perfect replacement.
"I would try to sign Eto'o - he would be the ideal replacement for Henry," Fabregas said.
"I know it's difficult, maybe impossible, but it would be the perfect solution."

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fabregas Stays at Gunners
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:38:21 PM »
good decision...  he will not regret it in about 3 years

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fergie: Gunners Better Without Henry
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Yeah just like how Man U go be better withut SM pardner
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fergie: Gunners Better Without Henry
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:41:02 PM »
Yeah just like how Man U go be better withut SM pardner

lol...  Rooney is the most essential player on Utd.. without him and the team lacks drive

1]; } ?>