April 26, 2024, 11:56:22 AM

Author Topic: Real confirm Saviola deal  (Read 1342 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Real confirm Saviola deal
« on: July 10, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »
Bernd Schuster has confirmed that Real Madrid have completed the signing of Javier Saviola on a free transfer after he was released by Barcelona.

The German coach told Punto Radio that a deal had been completed for the Argentinian striker on June 30, but that he was only stating it now he was coach at the Bernabeu.

"He is young, can score goals and can give us a lot more," Schuster said.

Saviola's desire to prove a point to Barca is something that his new trainer is looking forward to seeing.

"These are small details that are also good for us. The fans and the media reacted well when the news came out."

Christoph Metzelder - who passed his Real medical on Tuesday and will be officially presented on Wednesday - and Pepe have already signed for Madrid to bolster the defence, but Saviola is the first attacking player to arrive under Schuster.

The 25-year-old striker had stated earlier this season that he would never join Madrid and was keen to pen a new deal at Camp Nou.

However, as his options of first-team action became less and less under Frank Rijkaard, the possibility of following in Luis Figo's footsteps became more attractive.
Real confirm Saviola deal
Saviola joined Barcelona in 2001 and enjoyed three successful seasons, before the Catalan club signed Samuel Eto'o.

Loan spells at Monaco and Sevilla followed, before he opted not to spend a third year at a different club and stayed at Barca last summer.

Despite a serious injury to Samuel Eto'o last October, Saviola still found his chances limited and when he was offered a reduced contract to stay, Saviola stated that his days at Camp Nou were numbered.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476168&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=2&title=Real+confirm+Saviola+deal

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real confirm Saviola deal
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:19:09 AM »
I seriously think Saviola ress some iron on Rijkaard wife or sister oui

no excuse to bench he and start the Iceman over him. Man have youth and proven La Liga prowess on he side but they go call in Henry.

Anyway, an excellent signing by Real.

Watch Saviola poison Barca just like how Eto'o does poison Real. Glad Saviola didn't fall by the wayside and good to see he actually get snapped up by a top La Liga side.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:30:55 AM »
This is a sad day for Barcelona.

I could never understand why they always left him out of the line up.  He is just too good a striker to give away to your biggest rivals.

Yuh sign 30 year old Henry and let a 25 year old striker with the best goal-game ratio for last season leave for Real Madrid.   ???   ???   ??? 

GO CHELSEA

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 05:54:31 AM »
Gudjonsen was the worst buy Frank made at Barca. If we played Saviola instead Gudjonsen for some of those games when Eto'o was injured I am sure we would have won the league.

I feeling real bad for Saviola. We din treat him good at all. I just hope they don't throw pigs' heads at him like they did to Figo, when he returns to the Nou Camp.

Send that shitsnake Gudjonsen back to England.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
Gudjonsen was the worst buy Frank made at Barca. If we played Saviola instead Gudjonsen for some of those games when Eto'o was injured I am sure we would have won the league.

I feeling real bad for Saviola. We din treat him good at all. I just hope they don't throw pigs' heads at him like they did to Figo, when he returns to the Nou Camp.

I doubt dat will happen. I feel Barca fans on the whole know Saviola was slighted in a bad way and that they have always appreciated him. They know Saviola wanted to stay too. If they even so much as boo de man when he suit up for Madrid, shame on them.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »
Steups. I still doh understand why dey treat him so. A real boss player.....and dey let de man go.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
he deserved more time...a very good finisher. Rijkaard didn't rate him..too bad. Frank is like all managers...some of his ways are set and Saviola didn't fit into his greater scheme for reasons unknown to me. And honestly..I find Saviola was either brilliant or utter shite. I doh really like his style of play. But he could buss the net and he always ran his socks off. I have a feeling he will ride the pine at Real Madrid too. Maybe not...Schuster will have his own ideas.

anyhow..one Argentine out..another in. Barca just bought Gabriel Milito from Zaragoza to strengthen the defense. Nice signing

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
SaviolaTo Real......DONE!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »
 Real Madrid signed Javier Saviola from FC Barcelona on Friday to cap a busy week for the Spanish champions.

Madrid will field a new-look team to start its first title defense in four years. Saviola was the third new player to arrive at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium since Bernd Schuster was hired as coach on Monday to replace the fired Fabio Capello.
"I have great hopes, to play a lot, to move forward and succeed here," Saviola said. "It's a great opportunity in my career, and I didn't need to think one second more about taking it."

The 25-year-old Argentine, who was out of contract at Barcelona, turned down an extension to move to bitter rival Madrid, signing for four years.
"I don't feel anything," Saviola said about leaving Barcelona. "These are steps in the professional life of every footballer. Now, I'm at Real Madrid and happy to be here with all of the faith deposited in me by the club."

As Saviola was ushered through the doors of the Bernabeu, former "galactico" David Beckham was being led up the Hollywood red carpet as Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy welcomed its own "galaxico" signing.

Beckham's departure leaves Madrid's roster decidedly thin on international superstars.

For a club used to spending big to get the player it wants, President Ramon Calderon is leading it in a "new direction," moving away from predecessor Florentino Perez's "galactico" policy which brought Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Ronaldo and Beckham to Madrid.

Borussia Dortmund defender Christoph Metzelder arrived on a free transfer, like Saviola.

In the Calderon era, the club is looking to young talent from within.

Madrid extended the contracts of two 21-year-old defenders - Sergio Ramos and Miguel Torres - and 22-year-old striker Roberto Soldado to tie all three players to the club through at least 2012.

Still, it being Madrid, some cash had to be spent.

On Thursday, Calderon welcomed Pepe from FC Porto, the club's most expensive defensive signing at ?30 million (US$42 million).

Madrid isn't likely to stop there.

Porto forward Ricardo Quaresma, Feyenoord defender Royston Drenthe and Chelsea winger Arjen Robben are the latest players to be linked with the club.

AC Milan midfielder Kaka and Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas top Calderon's wish list, but both have said they are staying where they are.

With all of these new faces, some of the Madrid's regulars are being shown the exit door.

Defender Raul Bravo joined Greek club Olympiakos this week. Veteran defenders Ivan Helguera and Michel Salgado are being nudged out to make way for youth, with Brazilian defenders Cicinho and Marcelo looking for more playing time.

Midfielder Jose Antonio Reyes, who scored two goals in Madrid's title-clinching 3-1 win over Mallorca on the final day of last season, has returned to Arsenal.

1]; } ?>