April 25, 2024, 01:36:51 AM

Author Topic: From Africa to Trinidad....W-Connection lands another Brazilian  (Read 1753 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Jose Luiz De Souza...W Connection unveils another Brazilian
Source: Randy Bando

Vibe CT 105 W Connection have added former Angolan based Brazilian defender Jose Luiz Birche De Souza to their squad

The 26-year-old Jose Luiz De Souza last played for Progresso Association San Bivanga FC of Angola in the African First Division League.

W Connection Owner/President David John Williams was pleased to announce his newest Brazilian addition speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ he said, “De Souza has been with us on trial for the past three weeks. Our coaches are very impressed with him and he is out of contract, so we took the opportunity of signing him,” confirmed Williams.

Williams also mentioned that his club was in search of a left back since the departure of William Da Silva Oliviera who has joined Major League Soccer(MLS) club Chicago Fire back in April.

Williams added, “We have a lot of contacts in Brazil and De Souza was made available to us.”
Jose Luiz De Souza is a native of Penapolis City in Sao Paulo the hometown of another W Connection Brazilian Gefferson Goulart.

Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ De Souza was delighted to be alongside his countrymen at W Connection.

“I like the Brazilian connection attached to W Connection. Here at Connection there are a lot more Brazilians than where I played in Angola and I am happy to be playing alongside guys like Gefferson and Seabra.”

De Souza is also in high spirits to be attached to club with W Connection’s history adding, “It’s another opportunity for me to play outside of Brazil,” said the former Athletico Paradinese FC player. “I am happy to be with a team that has a lot of titles and I am going to do my part to help them win more,” ended Jose Luiz De Souza.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: From Africa to Trinidad....W-Connection lands another Brazilian
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »
Niceness. Real nice
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »
Out of curiosity, is there a limit on how many foreigners each proleague team can have on its roster?

And with th CSME coming into force, what about non caricom foreigners?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
Well done!  I would like to know how revenue is generated by Connection and other Pro League teams to pay these players. Feedback anyone?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »
Well done!  I would like to know how revenue is generated by Connection and other Pro League teams to pay these players. Feedback anyone?

Most of the pro-league teams have problems paying their players. This is because most of the players salaries are paid out of the owners pockets (who usually have one or two business). David John Williams owns a construction company and also sells Audi and Volvo. He pays the players through these avenues. Those Brazilians salary is around $2000-2300US a month. And this was a while ago. Maybe there salary has gone up. The St Lucian players gets about the same and in the case of Earl he gets more. Guess how much the Trinidadians players gets (not all of them but most of them) ?

$1700-3500TT a month. David John Williams really looking out for his own.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »

Most of the pro-league teams have problems paying their players. This is because most of the players salaries are paid out of the owners pockets (who usually have one or two business). David John Williams owns a construction company and also sells Audi and Volvo. He pays the players through these avenues. Those Brazilians salary is around $2000-2300US a month. And this was a while ago. Maybe there salary has gone up. The St Lucian players gets about the same and in the case of Earl he gets more. Guess how much the Trinidadians players gets (not all of them but most of them) ?

$1700-3500TT a month. David John Williams really looking out for his own.

Kingman

Thanks Kingman, In order for this TT Pro league to be viable that paying outta pocket has to change. More businesses have to be involved as well as the media. I'll keep blowing the same horn: MARKETING,MARKETING,MARKETING.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:09:23 PM »
WHHHAAAATTTTTT!!!! Good info!!!!!

1]; } ?>