April 28, 2024, 03:50:34 PM

Author Topic: Copa America Final: Argentina vs Brasil  (Read 20249 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Copa America Final: Argentina vs Brasil
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »
Live on CNC channel 3(sportsmax) at 5pm TT Time

and:
Sun Jul 15 02:00PM Pacific
Sun Jul 15 03:00PM Mountain
Sun Jul 15 04:00PM Central
Sun Jul 15 05:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min    LIVE
GolTV (US)
Copa America 2007 - Final
Brazil/Brasil vs Argentina

GolTV Canada

TLN - TeleLatino Network - Canada

Univision
Brazil/Brasil vs Argentina[/b]

Argentina & Brazil set for final
Tie: Copa America final
Date: Sunday 15 July
Kick-off: 2205 BST
Venue: Panchencho Romero Stadium, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Coverage: Sky Sports 1, 2130 BST

Brazil and Argnetina crests

Brazil take on Argentina in the showpiece final of the Copa America in Maracaibo, Venezuela on Sunday.

Brazilian coach Dunga believes they are the underdogs for the 2205 BST kick off in the Panchencho Romero Stadium.

Dunga said: "Argentina are favourites to win the title, but Brazil are going to play with humility."

Argentina coach Alfio Basile added: "I know the importance of the game, to the people, but it's not a matter of life or death. It's a football match."

Basile will place his faith in the same line-up that beat Mexico in the semi-final as Argentina seek their 15th Copa victory.

West Ham's Carlos Tevez will partner Barcelona's Lionel Messi up front, with Hernan Crespo starting on the bench.

This is a final and I hope that we return to Brazil as champions

Brazil striker Robinho

Crespo has scored three goals in the tournament, but has not played since suffering a thigh muscle injury in Argentina's second game, a 4-2 win over Colombia.

Basile said: "It was an easy decision, Tevez has been playing and he has done well, while Crespo has not played for 12 days."

Now in his second spell in charge, Basile guided Argentina to their last Copa win in 1993.

He pledged that Argentina would continue with their flowing style which has seen them 16 goals and win all five games en route to the final.

Basile said: "The only way to play football is by having the ball in your possession and knowing how to use it.

"We mustn't go on to the pitch worrying about how long it is since we have won anything.

Brazil will be missing Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva through suspension, although they have the tournament's leading scorer in six-goal striker Robinho.

The Real Madrid frontman said: "There are no advantages between the two teams, only rivalry.

"This is a final and I hope that we have the ball possession and return to Brazil as champions."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6899694.stm

Maracaibo – Brazil and Argentina will take to the pitch, this Sunday, at 17h05 (21h05 GMT), in Maracaibo, in search of the most coveted national teams title of the year: the Copa América. After 2,250 hours of football and 25 matches, the Cup will be lifted by one of the two national squads, in which has been considered the greatest Copa America in history.

"Both teams are competitive and used to winning. Argentina are mature, a team whose men know each other well. On the other hand, the Brazilian national team was mounted now, with new athletes in search of their own space. "We have a great dialogue with the players and the technical staff. We give them freedom, but with responsibility. Our goal is to combine technical quality and competitiveness," said coach Dunga, who considers Argentina favorites.

But the Argentineans won't buy this favoritism and have handed the responsibility over to their bitter rivals. "Brazil have a great side. One can't underestimate Brazil just because they lack Ronaldinho and Kaká. It would be disrespectful towards the other players. They were called up because they have the skills and play for the best teams in the world," commented midfielder Esteban Cambiasso.

The news at the Argentinean camp is the return of Hernan Crespo. He has been discharged by the Argentinean medical department and will be on the bench, after a recovery that surprised everyone. Brazil will not be able to field their skipper Gilberto Silva. Midfielder Elano will replace him, and the captain's armband will be worn by defender Juan. "He boasts an exceptional behavior, leadership skills and is always ready to represent the Brazilian national squad. Juan helps the younger players who are arriving now and offers his contribution to the technical staff."

Both sides will repeat the final match held in the 2004 Copa América. On that occasion, Brazil drew level in extra time and won the penalty shootout, in a historical final. Now, Argentina came with all their superstars - Messi, Tevez, Riquelme, Mascherano, Veron... – to seek revenge. Brazil hope to stun their archrivals, using the talent of Robinho, Vagner Love and Júlio Baptista.

The final clash will take place at the José Encarnación Pachencho Romero Stadium, a 40-thousand seater. The referee will be Carlos Amarilla (Paraguay), assisted by Walter Rial (Uruguay) and Luis Sanchez (Venezuela).

Probable Lineups:

Brazil: Doni; Maicon, Alex, Juan and Gilberto; Mineiro, Josué, Júlio Baptista and Elano; Robinho and Vagner Love. Coach: Dunga

Argentina: Abbondanzieri; Javier Zanetti, Roberto Ayala, Gabriel Milito and Gabriel Heinze; Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Sebastián Verón and Juan Román Riquelme; Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez. Coach: Alfio Basile.
http://www.copaamerica.com/default.asp?pag=noticias&id=816

Argentina name unchanged team for final

MARACAIBO, Venezuela, July 14 (Reuters) - Argentina coach Alfio Basile has named unchanged team for Sunday's Copa America final against arch-rivals Brazil.

Click here
Basile said Saturday that Carlos Tevez would partner Lionel Messi in attack while Hernan Crespo, who has recovered from a sprained thigh muscle, would start on the bench.

'It was an easy decision, Tevez has been playing and he has done well while Crespo has not played for 12 days,' said Basile.

Crespo, who has scored three goals in the tournament, sprained a muscle as he converted a penalty in a 4-2 win over Colombia in Argentina's second game.

'Crespo has done a fantastic job to recover and so has the medical team,' added Basile.

'Hernan is very important for the team, especially from a morale point of view,' said team mate Esteban Cambiasso. 'It's also important for the players because we saw the hard work he did to recover.'

Team: Roberto Abbondanzieri; Javier Zanetti, Roberto Ayala, Gabriel Milito, Gabriel Heinze; Javier Mascherano, Juan Sebastian Veron, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Roman Riquelme; Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=445486&cc=5901

Brazil coach Dunga says Argentina favourites

MARACAIBO, Venezuela, July 14 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Dunga on Friday declared Argentina as favourites to win the Copa America final against his team on Sunday.

Click here
'From what Argentina have done so far, they are the favourites," he told reporters. "We've done our part by reaching the final, now we have to surpass that.

"But I always want to win, this is a final and anything can happen," he added.

"We have conviction in our work, we knew it would not be easy, that there would be innumerable difficulties on the way."

Argentina have scored 16 goals and won all five games in reaching the final. Brazil, on the other hand, lost to Mexico in the early rounds and needed penalties to beat Uruguay in their semi-final.

Brazil are also without Ronaldinho and Kaka, who asked to be rested from the tournament, while Argentina are at full strength.

"Argentina is a mature team which has played together before, Brazil is a new team with only two players from the last World Cup," added Dunga.

The old rivals also met in the 2004 Copa America final in Peru, where Brazil scored with the last kick of the game to force a 2-2 draw and then won on penalties.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=445487&cc=5901

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 07:24:50 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copa America Final: Argentina vs Brasil
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:17 PM »
Well.......even doh it eh looking possible.....I backing Brazil since i was a fig seed.....so cant stop now. I go REAL laff doh if argentina get purge...... :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »
argentina go be prescribing de senna later.argentina 3-1.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »
Brazil's cutasrse is booked! And this is coming from a big fan of Brazil. It is never good to have Dunga anywhere near Brazilian football. I've never been impressed with him as a player and his current record as a coach has failed to impress me, notwithstanding the fact that Brazil have been able to advance to the final, albeit due to some good luck along the way.

Well, hopefully they improve on their semifinal performance against Uruguay.

One can only hope.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »
Brazil's cutasrse is booked! And this is coming from a big fan of Brazil. It is never good to have Dunga anywhere near Brazilian football. I've never been impressed with him as a player and his current record as a coach has failed to impress me, notwithstanding the fact that Brazil have been able to advance to the final, albeit due to some good luck along the way.

One can only hope.

Stop sittin on de fence.  8) 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:50:04 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
i could already smell de cutass brazil getting today, i'll be very surprise if dey win.

i'm a fan of brazil football but this side just isnt strong enuff to beat argentina.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
Brazil is meh team regardless of how they performing. So I in fuh de ride, if it bumpy so be it.

One game Brazil one game and allyuh is Argentina father long time so bring out the belt.  :whip:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »

One can only hope.

Stop sittin on de fence.  8) 

You're right..I have to back my team, for better or for worse. Come on Brazil. In spite of Dunga, the men from Rio shall prevail.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »

One can only hope.

Oh gawsh doh be so hard on de man nuh.......de man captain a side with one of de best brazilian defensive units thery have ever had, out of a 24-year world cup drought............his prescence cyah be DAT bad..... :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
True, maybe I'm a bit too hard on Dunga... He used to take some decent free kicks back in the day...So maybe he had a little a little bit of skill.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
I not hiding it; I always say that I am an Argentina fan; Always have been and always will be.  Go Argentina.  Give dem ball!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 02:26:38 PM »
Brazil has nothing to lose in this game...however if Argentina lose is real pressure for them. Elano is replacing a suspended Gilberto Silva...and he is a huge loss for Brazil. Crespo coming off the bench, not sure how fresh he is but he does always find a way to score.

I looking for this Brazil squad to win...Argentina will never live dat down

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
I love and admire Argentina individual talent and team play, always sweet tuh look at. However, it goes like dis all de time, no switching at all, T&T, USA and Brazilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Brazil let's go baby, show de world all yuh cud still beat people and win ah tournament, without Dinho and Kaka. Fuh de people in south Florida, it have some real sweet and half naked females from Brazil, moving tuh some samba on de Spanish channel (univision) Lawd ah thought we T&T females were de best at moving dat waist, it will be ah real close one doh, dem samba girls cud move dat waist 2 boi  :o :o. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:45:10 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »
The day of reckoning. Brasil "B" vs Argentina "A". Hopefully Brasil show them why they have the greatest footballing legacy.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »
No Gilberto Silva for Brasil...ah think he was suspended for yellow cards.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 03:07:21 PM »
Palos I not on de fence.  Argentina all de way.  De one who saying Brazil B is on de fence.  ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »
Big Forking goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 Brasil!!

Big FORKING goal!!

Baptista 5th minute
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 03:11:24 PM »
Brasil will ALWAYS be Brasil...especially when dey playing Argentina.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »
Nice finish! Come on Brazil!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 03:14:22 PM »
GoalAAZOOOO! I love Spanish commentary!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »
As Bitter does say, Brasil have "all de play".  :rotfl: Sorry, but that goal was real unexpected so I'm over-excited.

Wow! Argentina just hit de woodwork. Dey coming out with guns blaring oui. This game gian be classic. Doni injured...eh like him anyway.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 03:14:50 PM »
Off the post!!!!!

Argentina start slow in every game. They will begin to turn up the heat.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

nice finish dais all yuh could say  ;D .... according to Toppa dais ah Big Forking goal  ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
any body have the gol tv online link?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

nice finish dais all yuh could say  ;D .... according to Toppa dais ah Big Forking goal  ;D

I guess I'm spoiled. I've come to expect that from Brazil ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »
Cerca! Muy cerca!! Dammit! Mierda! Chingada!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 03:24:12 PM »
any body have the gol tv online link?

No, sorry but if you've got sopcast I'm sure they're showing it.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 03:29:29 PM »
How much times I go tell allyuh Univision have live feeds for free?

Yes, I vex, I backing the Nazi War Criminals.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »
looks like Messi have a shadow with a yellow jersey.

1]; } ?>