April 26, 2024, 03:45:34 PM

Author Topic: Cannavaro no longer needed at Real Madrid  (Read 1398 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Cannavaro no longer needed at Real Madrid
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
1 year later, from World Cup winner, player of tournament to this??

Blues and Toon in battle for Fabio

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7024862

Chelsea and Newcastle are eyeing Fabio Cannavaro after Bernd Schuster reportedly told the defender he was no longer needed at Real Madrid.

Real have strengthened significantly at back following the captures of Christoph Metzelder on a free from Borussia Dortmund, and Pepe from Porto for £19million.

Cannavaro did not have the sort of impact expected in his first season in Spain and Schuster is thought to have told him he can leave the Bernabeu this summer.

The 33-year-old World Cup winner has been linked with a move back to Juventus but the Italians have dismissed those claims, leading to an approach from Newcastle.

But Jose Mourinho has also been alerted to Cannavaro's availability and Chelsea are sure to have the upper hand if it comes down to a straight choice between them of the Magpies.

The Blues were thought to have finished their work in the transfer market but a free-transfer swoop for Cannavaro could prove too tempting to resist.                                                                                 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cannavaro no longer needed at Real Madrid
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:54:09 AM »
Imagine..WC winner. European player of the year. World player of the year. La Liga Champion. Thanks..but we doh need your sevices any longer. Wonder how true this is. If so, it is an example of how rough this sport is. Good thing Cannavaro is not a Trini who eh win nutten playing in the English 1st or 2nd division...all now we woulda be calling the manager a racist &%* $*^*...... ::)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
In my opinion.......Cannavaro was enticed to madrid because capello came....and wanted him. As soon as capello left....it was in a way bound to happen.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »
I am a big Real fan however when i hear bullshit like this i get mad!!!! >:( >:(. The management running this team just don't know what the hell they want, there is now many teams in world football would fire their championship winning coach. The last time they did that with Del Bosque they failed to win anything for four years until now. I predict that Schuster will be an early casualty this year!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »
I am a big Real fan however when i hear bullshit like this i get mad!!!! >:( >:(. The management running this team just don't know what the hell they want, there is now many teams in world football would fire their championship winning coach. The last time they did that with Del Bosque they failed to win anything for four years until now. I predict that Schuster will be an early casualty this year!!

a big real madrid fan with a chelsea avatar... sorry grasshopper but thats called a Waggon Man

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:13:48 PM »
Real signs Goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek
Yahoo Sports

MADRID, July 20 (Reuters) - Former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek said the chance to play for Spanish champions Real Madrid was an opportunity he could not let pass, as he was presented as their new player on Friday.

"When I left Liverpool I thought I would never get the chance to play for a big team again. First I was surprised when Real approached me, but then I thought I'll do it because they might need an experienced goalkeeper to compete with Iker Casillas," Dudek told a news conference.

"Everyone told me you can't say no to Real Madrid."

The 34-year-old Polish international, who famously helped Liverpool win the Champions League final against AC Milan in 2005 with his 'rubber legs' penalty saves, only played a handful of games for the club after that match.

The arrival of Pepe Reina relegated him to the bench at Anfield, and in moving to the Spanish capital as a free agent he now appears set for a similar experience behind another Spaniard, Casillas.

Dudek, who has won more than 50 caps for Poland, spent six years with Liverpool after joining them from Feyenoord in 2001.

He is Real's fourth signing of the close season after defenders Christoph Metzelder and Pepe, and Argentine striker Javier Saviola.

New coach Bernd Schuster leads the squad to Austria on Sunday for their pre-season training camp.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>